When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: Political Garbage  (Read 9220 times)

Offline S-Blade

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 9
  • melty blade player
    • View Profile
Political Garbage
« on: February 05, 2008, 09:19:45 PM »
Well, today's Super Tuesday.

I made this.
"HERE'S A NEW TECHNIQUE - STOP BEING A RETARDED FAGGOT" -SprtJuice on smash scene

<kijea> im like really sad life faggot

Offline mir

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 6
    • View Profile
Re: Political Garbage
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2008, 09:25:20 PM »
Clinton can go to hell. She's unable to keep her husband's dick in his pants, no way she'll be able to run the damn country.
There's nothing to fear now.

Offline Keith

• Melty Muffin
  • Magic Circuits: 15
  • Back from the dead, hell yeah!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2008, 10:23:59 PM »
Ahahah, I lol'd.

Tomorrow's news: Hillary Clinton suffers from heart attack and dies.
Running H-Kohaku, and I don't want to stop.
Graced by the presence of His Wongness as he ly ped from the heavens and stole everyone's cash.

Offline NOTxNOT=NOT

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 5
  • Unspeakable Horrors!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2008, 01:49:10 AM »
Electrical college doesn't work.

Offline NinjaNero

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 26
  • Warblackia
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2008, 04:54:26 AM »
Electrical college doesn't work.
Agreed if they do electronic voting why not count all the votes
electoral college is bullcrap and makes people not vote because "it dosent matter" which in reality it doesnt one vote only makes a difference if it is the deciding vote
(which is very unlikely to happen)
"I-P-C-O-N...'
"M?"
"No, N as in.."
"Oh, N, as in knife" "...yes..."

Offline Pikachu_Fragger

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 22
  • "I'm gonna kick some ass with my own pipe wrench"
    • View Profile
    • The Initial D Roleplaying Stage
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2008, 06:21:35 AM »

I made this.
Kind of odd that Kira would need to be watching Hillary on TV just so he could get her name and face.

Unless of course he just wanted to have the sadistic satisfaction of watching her die in front of Obama. :V

And given that I'm supposed to be getting ready for an interview for naturalization later on soon, I still don't understand how the fuck the Electoral college works, not that it does at all though.
At a time like this... I WISH I HAD A DIGITAL CAMERA!

The more beautiful and pure a thing is... the more satisfying it is to corrupt, isn't it?

Offline NinjaNero

• Magus Candidate
  • Warblackia
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2008, 06:36:25 AM »

I made this.
Kind of odd that Kira would need to be watching Hillary on TV just so he could get her name and face.

Unless of course he just wanted to have the sadistic satisfaction of watching her die in front of Obama. :V

And given that I'm supposed to be getting ready for an interview for naturalization later on soon, I still don't understand how the fuck the Electoral college works, not that it does at all though.
Bacically after people vote all the votes are counted and ,depending on population, representatives vote (population determines the number of representatives, and their votes are the only votes that count for the state.
SUpposedly the are supposed to vot depending on the votes of the state
i.e. if your state has 10 reps and the state voted for only 2 people, and each person got the same nuimber of votes the college reps are supposed to have 5 of them vote for 1 and 5 vote for the other one.
so no matter how many votes are cast the number is the same

here is a map of reps per state
"I-P-C-O-N...'
"M?"
"No, N as in.."

Offline Veleon

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 2
  • Jazz + Anime = WIN!
    • View Profile
    • AnimeNfo
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2008, 06:37:36 AM »
The electoral college is really pointless. Not that it ruins elections or anything. Basically your vote "doesn't matter" because the electoral college of each state decides who to give thier electoral votes, whether they split them or not it up to them. However, the common pratice is that the electoral college will give all their votes to whoever gets the majority vote in the election. 99% of the time this happens. So in reality your vote "does" matter because the electoral college gives their votes to the majority. There ave been few occasions where the electoral college has given some of their votes to the candidate that hasn't gtten a majority in their state

Offline Hier

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 6
  • Blade Ninja Skills!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2008, 07:54:59 AM »
I like that Osama guy. (Yah thats right, I don't know his name)
Also due to the fact that having Clinton run the country seems like it would end up in desaster.

Plus, all that stuff they tried to pound in my brain that "YOUR VOTE COUNTS!" seems like a bit of a lie
If he/she loses by one vote, I will lol
Wants to order the Limited Edition of MBAA...

Offline NinjaNero

• Magus Candidate
  • Warblackia
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2008, 11:26:42 AM »
Also due to the fact that having Clinton run the country seems like it would end up in desaster.

Plus, all that stuff they tried to pound in my brain that "YOUR VOTE COUNTS!" seems like a bit of a lie
Well the only lie i can see is the cake and hilary and barak Obama-muslim
votes dont matter as previously explained in my writ 3 posts ago
so no one vote because it dosent matter unless there is one vote to make the sides change and the electorians vote differently
with electronic voting it probably takes 2 minutes max to add up all the votes in he country so i dont see why that dosent happen.
"I-P-C-O-N...'
"M?"
"No, N as in.."

Offline Fui

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2008, 12:34:18 PM »

Well the only lie i can see is the cake and hilary and barak Obama-muslim
votes dont matter as previously explained in my writ 3 posts ago
so no one vote because it dosent matter unless there is one vote to make the sides change and the electorians vote differently
with electronic voting it probably takes 2 minutes max to add up all the votes in he country so i dont see why that dosent happen.
Too bad Mexicans don't think like you. Their vote comprised of 30% of the CA vote, turning the tide, giving Hilary the victory.  If only they thought "my vote doesn't matter," Obama would have won, probably turning the tide for the entire primary election, and possibly the general election.  I don't really mind either candidate, though.

Electoral college is an archaic and terrible system IMO, but then again I'm not a political science major.

Offline Chie Satonaka

• I wish I wasn´t a white person
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 25
  • STEAK! STEAK! STEAK! STEAK! STEAK! STEAK! STEAK!
    • View Profile
    • My twitter!
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2008, 01:00:19 PM »
the next president is gonna be my boss for the next 4 years  :emo:

Edit: Yay for joining the military :D
« Last Edit: February 06, 2008, 01:03:51 PM by NotBrandino »
Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak!

Offline DarthTrey

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2008, 01:03:59 PM »
Ron Paul > all

Offline NinjaNero

• Magus Candidate
  • Warblackia
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2008, 02:04:41 PM »
Ron Paul > all
My vote goes to
1Mike Huckabee (unless he really starts(or actually continues)to suck massively and dropout)
2Mitt Romney(might have the best chance of win)
3Ron Paul(good policys)
"I-P-C-O-N...'
"M?"
"No, N as in.."

Offline S-Blade

• Spellcaster
  • melty blade player
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2008, 05:54:02 PM »

watch Man of the Year
stuff like glitches, rigged votes being easy as shit to do unless the program used goes through a shitload of reliable inspection and testing, and later even hacking
in the movie, the company who made the electronic voting system tried extremely hard to keep the glitch under wraps to the point of secretly injecting the only person who knew w/ drugs and then using that as an excuse to lay her off and make everyone thinks she's batshit insane because they'd be fucked both for business and possibly by the government themselves through punishment (which didn't end up happening)
"HERE'S A NEW TECHNIQUE - STOP BEING A RETARDED FAGGOT" -SprtJuice on smash scene

Offline Chocolate Thunder

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Random super!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2008, 07:00:01 PM »
Hmm...Super Tuesday was awesome.

My pics
1) Barack Obama
2) John McCain (only if Hilary gets nominated on the Democratic side).

Oh, and as far as the "My vote doesn't matter" argument, this is why middle-aged and older peeps think so much less of the younger generation.  This whole "Oh they're too apathetic to care about politics" bullshit is really pissing me off.  I think votes matter more so in the Democratic race than in the Republican race, so yeah.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2008, 07:03:11 PM by Chocolate Thunder »
I rike the angry China girl loli :3.

Offline Pikachu_Fragger

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 22
  • "I'm gonna kick some ass with my own pipe wrench"
    • View Profile
    • The Initial D Roleplaying Stage
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2008, 08:47:10 PM »
The electoral college is really pointless. Not that it ruins elections or anything. Basically your vote "doesn't matter" because the electoral college of each state decides who to give thier electoral votes, whether they split them or not it up to them. However, the common pratice is that the electoral college will give all their votes to whoever gets the majority vote in the election. 99% of the time this happens. So in reality your vote "does" matter because the electoral college gives their votes to the majority. There ave been few occasions where the electoral college has given some of their votes to the candidate that hasn't gtten a majority in their state
So wait, you're telling me that normal people will vote for president anyway just to tell their state electors who to vote for? :slowpoke: I've been kind of reading up on it from time to time, and from what I understand, the electors generally already have a particular party or candidate that they pledge to vote for before election day, so that seems even more pointless :psyduck:
At a time like this... I WISH I HAD A DIGITAL CAMERA!

The more beautiful and pure a thing is... the more satisfying it is to corrupt, isn't it?

Offline Veleon

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Jazz + Anime = WIN!
    • View Profile
    • AnimeNfo
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2008, 09:15:42 PM »
The electoral college is really pointless. Not that it ruins elections or anything. Basically your vote "doesn't matter" because the electoral college of each state decides who to give thier electoral votes, whether they split them or not it up to them. However, the common pratice is that the electoral college will give all their votes to whoever gets the majority vote in the election. 99% of the time this happens. So in reality your vote "does" matter because the electoral college gives their votes to the majority. There have been few occasions where the electoral college has given some of their votes to the candidate that hasn't gtten a majority in their state
So wait, you're telling me that normal people will vote for president anyway just to tell their state electors who to vote for? :slowpoke: I've been kind of reading up on it from time to time, and from what I understand, the electors generally already have a particular party or candidate that they pledge to vote for before election day, so that seems even more pointless :psyduck:
In essense you are telling the electoral college who to vote for. Almost all the time they all will give their votes to whoever the state chose as a majority. They do not have to though. I would bet money every year that they will. Your vote does matter because the electoral college gives their votes to the majority the state comes up with. The electoral college was originally put into place just incase america was too stupid to make the correct decision. I believe the electoral college prevented Andew Jackson (often considered one of the worst presidents of all time) from being elected a second time. However nowadays getting the information needed to make a proper vote is very easy. Today it isn't really needed. I think that it should just be a straight up majority vote for all the people in america. That way every persons vote is equal. Then congress could reject the new president with something like a 2/3 majority vote.

Offline pherai

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
    • pherai.net
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2008, 10:24:18 PM »
Oh, and as far as the "My vote doesn't matter" argument, this is why middle-aged and older peeps think so much less of the younger generation.  This whole "Oh they're too apathetic to care about politics" bullshit is really pissing me off.  I think votes matter more so in the Democratic race than in the Republican race, so yeah.

Psh, most adults vote without being properly informed, so fuck them. People who are informed vote, and people who aren't informed don't vote, until they reach middle age.
I heard anime expo isn't going to be that good this year...

Offline Legendary Blue Shirt

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 170
  • Meanie
    • View Profile
    • Logical Bends
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2008, 06:19:00 AM »
I am agreeing here that the Electoral college system is outdated, the only reason it exists is because the founding fathers knew back then that not all voters would be properly informed, and could not be completely entrusted with the ability to choose the next president.
Nowadays there are too many media outlets to excuse its continued existence.

Offline Keith

• Melty Muffin
  • Magic Circuits: 15
  • Back from the dead, hell yeah!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2008, 01:17:27 PM »
So the electoral college system was put into place because most of the people were uninformed about their candidates. You say that nowadays, we don't need the electoral college anymore, implying that most people are informed. Man, how wrong you are.
Running H-Kohaku, and I don't want to stop.
Graced by the presence of His Wongness as he ly ped from the heavens and stole everyone's cash.

Offline NinjaNero

• Magus Candidate
  • Warblackia
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2008, 02:30:01 PM »
So the electoral college system was put into place because most of the people were uninformed about their candidates. You say that nowadays, we don't need the electoral college anymore, implying that most people are informed. Man, how wrong you are.
the electoral college was put into place because it was impossible (and still is) to count all of the votes by hand for the entire united states.
(hence electronic voting)
"I-P-C-O-N...'
"M?"
"No, N as in.."

Offline pherai

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
    • pherai.net
« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2008, 03:07:41 PM »
Where do you guys get this information? I've never heard of any of these reasons for the electoral college...

Offline S-Blade

• Spellcaster
  • melty blade player
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2008, 04:42:25 PM »
School.

Offline pherai

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
    • pherai.net
« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2008, 04:53:21 PM »
Schools aren't very consistent then. I was under the impression that the electoral college was a compromise between small and large states similar to the creation of a 2 house legislature, which is why every state is awarded a delegate for each senator and congressman they have, so the proportions of population aren't necessarily accurate.

Ex. Alaska has 2% the population of California, but 5% the delegates.