When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: Project Evo Stencils 2.0  (Read 2049 times)

Offline Kryojenix

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 5
  • Retired
    • View Profile
Project Evo Stencils 2.0
« on: April 11, 2008, 05:30:00 AM »
I know Evo's four months away but I feel like getting an early start on this project since:
a) I ran out of time last year and couldn't complete one
b) Taking my time ensures that the final product comes out nice

This year, I'm taking requests.  Want a stencil of your favorite character?  Tell me what you want and I'll get to work.  Keep in mind that I'm a busy student w/ a job so realistically expect that it'll take me a week per request.  Since this is mostly for my enjoyment, I'll keep prices reasonable.  I'm estimating a base of $5 to cover the cost of canvas, paint, and cut-out material, $2~3 per layer.  I'll have to swing by the local art stores to see what materials cost now so I'll have a finalized formula soon.

As far as requests go, I'll take anything from mild to ecchi...HOWEVER, if you're going to request something ecchi, please do so through PMs.  I don't think related images would be appreciated outside of Sacchin's Box.  I'm only taking a limited number or requests as well so first come is first served.  I'm also limiting one request per client.

As far as payment goes, along with just paying me at Evo, I'm entertaining a second option for fun.  Double or nothing money matches.  Basically, you get your piece for free if you win or pay double the original fee if you lose.  Just tossing the idea around for now.

Finally, I will provide a rough draft per request before making the actual piece to make sure it's what y'all want and I urge you that if you're going to change your mind to take that opportunity.  However, since this is a project for my enjoyment, I won't be TOO upset if you change your mind upon delivery since that just means that I'll get to keep the piece for myself (although I WILL be pretty peeved if I come back home with as many peices as I left with).  On that note, PLEASE thoroughly consider any ecchi requests.  As much fun as these'll be to make, I DON'T want to hang anything ecchi in my room just because some weeaboo changed his mind. >:(

You can refer to this link for examples of my past work (2nd from last post on that page).

-----------------------

UPDATE - Apr. 19, 2009

Alrite chums, finally went shopping around for materials and this is what I'm gunna charge.

Canvas
8"x10" to 24"x30" ranging from $4.99 to $16.99 (minus tax)
Anything larger is exponentially more expensive but I'm willing to consider it on a request basis.
$5 per layer (includes the cost of poster board and paint)

If you want a specific "target" graf'd (anything that could potentially get me in trouble), try to contact me through AIM rather than posting requests here.  For such requests, I'll have to charge $10 per layer and I might decline based on locality and potential risk.

So drop a request specifying size of canvas, number of layers, and coloring style, and I'll give you a quote.  If you accept, I'll drop your request into the queue and get to work.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2008, 10:55:02 AM by Kryojenix »
y'all niggaz is gay

Offline uLTraCarL

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 10
  • <3 IIDX <3
    • View Profile
    • The Chronicles of uLTraCarL
Re: Project Evo Stencils 2.0
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2008, 02:41:23 PM »
This sounds and looks cool

I'll try to find a good picture  :toot:
The Chronicles of uLTraCarL
Youtube connection .. Steam connection .. Anime List

Offline NOTxNOT=NOT

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Unspeakable Horrors!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2008, 02:34:26 AM »
If you ever use the word ecchi in person I will stab you.

Make note.

--Is this limited to gay shit characters or can good ol' AMERICA get in on it?

http://www.cannonspike.com/CamFan/capcom/vs-games/mshvsf-capamerica.gif
« Last Edit: April 15, 2008, 02:55:56 AM by NotSanchez »

Offline Kryojenix

• Spellcaster
  • Retired
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2008, 10:31:09 AM »
the good captain is always welcome to join the ranks of my works.  still, let me research prices before i start a project line-up
y'all niggaz is gay

Offline Spidey

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 26
  • No homo
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2008, 01:27:47 PM »
I want a spiderman one, go figure. Let us know the prices soon.
Soko Darou

Offline Kryojenix

• Spellcaster
  • Retired
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2008, 10:55:34 AM »
First post updated with prices.
y'all niggaz is gay