hentai
When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: Remember that M:tG set I was doing?  (Read 1715 times)

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Magic Circuits: 120
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
Remember that M:tG set I was doing?
« on: December 05, 2008, 11:54:38 AM »
Well, it hasn't been forgotten yet.  I've still been working on it, continuously adding new cards, researching more into R&D articles and real cards, then altering a bunch of ones I've made, etc.

I'm still not satisfied with where I'm at, but I've made a little under 300 cards so far.  I really need to work more to bring them together under my new keywords and such though.  I feel that the cards have greatly improved during the 3 major set revisions I've gone through, but I still have a long ways to go until I feel they're on par with a real Magic set.  They just...don't quite have that harmony yet.  =\

Anyway, I decided to make a new thread on this rather than revive the old one because I'm curious if there are any of you who would still be interested in helping out with ideas or text editing/proofreading.  I tend to be naturally stubborn, but I do my best to take criticism to heart and make changes where needed.   If nobody's really interested though, then I won't really bother posting up about it.
<LoliSauce>   Yeah, so I live right in between an elementary school and a middle school about a block on each side of me
<Zar>      God loves you, Lolisauce
---
<Mauve>      [The Touhou fandom] are like the moe character equivalent of furries.

Offline mewofforcena

• Vigilant Yellow
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 27
  • Anyaaaan~
    • View Profile
Re: Remember that M:tG set I was doing?
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2008, 12:40:13 PM »
Oh, I daresay I was afraid you'd forgotten all about it. Good to know you haven't, and you should know you need only to call of you wish for assistance.
The April that's farther than May, reversal of limbs

Offline Soniti

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 7
  • 。。。
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2008, 02:22:49 PM »
I'd be plenty willing to give it a proofread  :)
I was also afraid you had forgotten about this.

Offline Sh1k1

• Vigilant Blue
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 43
  • 「これが… モノを殺すと言うことだ…!」
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2008, 03:21:41 PM »
Hit me up with editing and proofreading. :)
FGO Friend Code: 221252074

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2008, 03:38:00 AM »
=>  Nice to know there's still interest around.  It's awful late right now and I have work tomorrow, so I'll postpone putting anything up until...Sunday I guess?  I've expanded it outside of just Tsukihime though, in my fervor for more card ideas.  I've kept it mostly within Tsuki and KnK, but I put a little touch of Angel Notes in as well (such as the Aristoteles).  Also, I put in a shitload of Melty Blood moves when I was searching for more filler to buff out the set.

Oh, I finally put green into the set as well.  Green is composed of Nero and his chaos beasts mostly, but there's also Magical Amber and her garden plants to spruce things up.  So right now the color spectrum is looking something like this:
White - Humans and good vampires
Blue - Mage's Association
Black - Vampires and assassins
Red - Demons and some mages (the violent ones)
Green - Chaos and Kohaku's garden

The set as a whole features hybrids and is mainly focused around creatures and counters.  I've got 5 new keywords implemented (one of which I may end up removing) and another that I'd like to include, but haven't come up with a satisfactory way of working into the set yet.  Inversion Impulse is already my favorite of the new keywords, but I feel like I haven't really tapped into its full potential with just what I've been doing with it.  It's a pseudo keyword (meaning similar to such others as Threshold or Hellbent, where it has a set requirement rather than a set ability) that says "Inversion impulse — If this permanent has a counter on it, [effect]."  It's simple, and with the number of ways to add/remove counters, it will see a lot of abuse. 

I most likely still have a lot of balancing issues, but since I've decided to completely stop worrying about things like card cost and art until I've gotten the content solidified, I still have room for balancing tweaks later through cost altering.  I'm not a Magic guru enough to start worrying about heavy balancing yet.  I'll need to do a lot more research before then.

Oh yeah, and expect the majority of the cards I've shown in the old thread to have undergone minor changes at the least.  That said, if there's anything you guys are particularly interested in seeing, lemme know and I'll see what I've got for ya.  You'll be able to name nearly anything from the Tsuki/Knk universe and I'll most likely have it included in the set.  Conversely, if you have any badass ideas for shit, whether I already have any cards for it or not, lay em on me.  As I've said in the past, I don't mind making this a sort of communal project. 
<LoliSauce>   Yeah, so I live right in between an elementary school and a middle school about a block on each side of me
---
<Mauve>      [The Touhou fandom] are like the moe character equivalent of furries.

Offline Sh1k1

• Vigilant Blue
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 43
  • 「これが… モノを殺すと言うことだ…!」
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2008, 11:18:00 AM »
Tohno's Inversion Impulse should all-out throw him into blood-crazed killer Nanaya mode. Make it use an II counter, and pair it up with an artifact or enchantment that controls II counters on all permanents on the field.

Also, have an enchantment or artifact that depending on the color paid, it causes a sort of possession or Inversion Impulse on enemy permanents, crippling or outright disabling them for a turn. Make this ability be played as a sorcery, so it doesn't get abused. :P (Jesus, it's been so long since I last touched a M:tG deck.)
FGO Friend Code: 221252074

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2008, 05:32:57 AM »
I actually had an Inversion Impulse card that was something similar.  It was an enchantment that would give abilities/effects to your creatures based on the color or colors paid.  I ended up scrapping it when I decided to make the Inversion Impulse keyword.  I may yet put that idea into place though.

Oh, and I forgot to mention that the set also includes flip cards, though I'd like to do more with them (or just have more of them in it maybe).  I realized that I forgot to mention it when I was going to describe my Shiki Tohno/Nanaya card.  He's a w/b flip that, when flipped, is a killing machine.  He's a 4/1 or 4/2 I think, with deathtouch, first strike, and "pay, tap, remove a counter: remove target creature from the game" to put it simply.  He flips if he has so many counters on him, and flips back if he has no counters on him, somewhat limiting the abuse of his active ability.  I'll dig up the card tomorrow, or I guess I should say later today, since it's 6:30am and I just got home from a party and am rather sleepy.
---