When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: What is Touhou?  (Read 16379 times)

Offline ShinMasaki

• Loremaster
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 81
  • 真先生 demands attention
    • View Profile
Re: What is Touhou?
« Reply #50 on: August 02, 2010, 12:28:03 AM »
Just attempted a run with Marisa B and Reimu B with EoSD on Normal. I'm never going back to amulets again.

Needles are boss killers, while beams are insanely good at clearing entire waves of mobs clean of the screen.

Shin, how is Youmu top tier? Her hinderance bullets are nowhere as good as Reimu's yin-yang orbs, and her shots have below average firing rate. I know that Charge 1 can destroy bullets, but when your screen gets flooded by a mass of bullets, hinderance and (curses) Lily White, your slash doesn't keep up and you have to blow a bomb to get out of the situation. It's a little hard for her to outlast another opponent IMO.

I would pick Marisa or any of the Prismriver sisters as top tier over Youmu in Touhou 8.

You would be surprised with how well that slash can do. Watching top players play who can weave through needles width spaces, that Slash clears walls like none other. Youmu's shots really aren't all that great, but she has a slightly smaller than average hitbox and able to clear shots makes her able to survive for long times. Reimu's Yin-Yang orbs become ridiculous after about 3 minutes of a match...when you have bosses, followed by Lily, all the while having damn Yin-Yangs all over the place...also you have to be careful with your weaving against a Reimu as her shots can fold over themselves walling you in. If you are playing against a player, that is.

If you are playing against the computer, because of how the game is programmed, Aya and Reimu and Tewi are all quite powerful.
Common Sense?! In My Touhous?! WHAT IS THE MEANING OF THIS!!!

Offline Alfonse

• Vigilant Pink
  • Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 22
  • Azu-nyan~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 02, 2010, 08:24:50 AM »
AI Shikieki on Lunatic makes me rage. Hard. Not even exploiting how the AI reacts to Medicine's slow gas works on her.
Keyboard crusher who couldn't pull off a proper BNB.

Offline ShinMasaki

• Loremaster
  • Magus Candidate
  • 真先生 demands attention
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 02, 2010, 10:08:47 AM »
AI Shiki is made to make you lose on Lunatic. It is impossible to beat her without dying at least once. As she is the Yama and intends to teach you a lesson for your misdeeds, you cannot beat her without dying. I'm not trolling about this, this is how the game was programmed.

Offline mauve

• Soul Hacker
  • Magic Circuits: 144
  • 5̠̙ͩ͑̂ͭͧ̀͊̍2̵̠̟ͥ̀1̂̑̒ͥͯ̋ͫ̐ͣ҉̶̜̮̀4̩̳̬̠̯̲̠̲̼͑̊̌̃̀̚9ͮ
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 12, 2010, 05:17:40 PM »
Because I'm a bitter sonofabitch, I haphazardly wrote up a detailed thing on IaMP v SWR. If you're interested why I think the game is shit, well, here you go!

Oh yeah and Comiket is this weekend. Enjoy your amazingly derivative clone games and h-doujins.

Offline ShinMasaki

• Loremaster
  • Magus Candidate
  • 真先生 demands attention
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 12, 2010, 09:09:04 PM »
Enjoy your amazingly derivative clone games and h-doujins.

indeed i shall, thank you very much

Offline Havoczephyr

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 0
  • ⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 28, 2010, 02:44:20 PM »
I'm a bit of a Tou-whore myself, despite only playing Embodiment of the Scarlet Devil and Perfect Cherry Blossom. Both of them were truly amazing. Everything from Zuns musical syncronicity with the stages to the characters, to the subtle humor are jawdropping. Few game companies ever put that much attention to detail and he's just one man! As a writer and one who has always wanted to make a game of my own, find Zun an honorable inspiration.

That aside, chen, the prismriver sisters, patchouli knowledge, my favorite tomboyish nine ball,sakuya, meiling, letty, marisa and especially alice margatroid and flandre scarlet are amazing characters

Id love to play the PC98 games, especially mystic square.
不思議の国のアリス~

Cirno: I am an air conditioner!

Offline Alfonse

• Vigilant Pink
  • Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 22
  • Azu-nyan~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 01, 2010, 05:06:46 AM »
AI Shiki is made to make you lose on Lunatic. It is impossible to beat her without dying at least once. As she is the Yama and intends to teach you a lesson for your misdeeds, you cannot beat her without dying. I'm not trolling about this, this is how the game was programmed.

As much as I trust your credibility, source?
Keyboard crusher who couldn't pull off a proper BNB.

Offline Ice Queen Lotus

• Career Advisor
  • Nrvnqsr Chaos
  • Magic Circuits: 213
  • you're sick, sick as all the secrets that you deny
    • View Profile
    • 神曲
« Reply #57 on: October 20, 2010, 12:42:15 PM »
http://cata.wowhead.com/quest=26843/a-tiny-clever-commander

lolz Toehoes in WoW. way to combine the two worst fandumbs in the world, Blizzard. :toot:
there's someone inside me that softly kills everyone around
they don't know they're dead to me 'cause intent never makes a sound