hentai
When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: Shin Megami Tensei: Imagine - A free MMORPG open beta  (Read 3091 times)

Offline Sh1k1

• Vigilant Blue
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 43
  • 「これが… モノを殺すと言うことだ…!」
    • View Profile
Shin Megami Tensei: Imagine - A free MMORPG open beta
« on: February 06, 2009, 12:06:02 PM »
Apparently, this game has been out in Japan for a while as a completely free game; Aeria Games only began the open beta release in this side of the world on Dec. 27.

It's basically the same you've learned to expect from a MegaTen game, but online and with lots of new and sometimes strange features.

You can download it here and then post here your comments on the game.

I've been playing for the past two weeks, and this game is eating away my life. It's hella fun, monsters are aplenty, and it's absurdly and obscenely easy getting partners extremely high-leveled to help you get experience in small quests. :) Highly recommended for those who don't want to pay for an MMORPG (like me) and/or those who don't like World of Warcraft (like me). :P
FGO Friend Code: 221252074

Offline zeech

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Shin Megami Tensei: Imagine - A free MMORPG open beta
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2009, 12:59:01 PM »
Hmm, I tried it out for a little bit, being a big SMT fan, but I hate MMOs, especially grindy ones. (Actually I love the MMO concept, but every major MMO released so far have been based on the Everquest formula, which I despise.  Except maybe EVE.)

I dunno, SMT Imagine seems terribly clunky to me.  The Japanese havent quite gotten the hang of MMO and PC technology yet, probably.  (Just look at Phantasy Star Universe...)

I would have been perfectly happy with a turn based MMO using the press turn system like in Nocturne T_T

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Magic Circuits: 120
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2009, 09:37:28 PM »
I despise MMOs in concept, but my little bro's been playing it since open beta released.  It's cool, I guess.  Even being megaten though, it's still just another MMO.  *shrugs*

p.s. Riding a phoenix is pretty cool, actually.  Also, bondage angels, lol.
<LoliSauce>   Yeah, so I live right in between an elementary school and a middle school about a block on each side of me
<Zar>      God loves you, Lolisauce
---
<Mauve>      [The Touhou fandom] are like the moe character equivalent of furries.

Offline zeech

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2009, 02:12:42 AM »
I really like the notion of a virtual world to immerse yourself in, with its own mechanics, communities, etc.   Its just a shame that EQ-based MMOs like WoW are really just grindy "single player RPGs" with other people to party with or randomly gank you. And then throw in some battlefield or arena PvP.

The only major MMO that really does the "simulated world" thing is probably EVE.   But I'd like to see such a structure with a fantasy or at least more human setting.  I'm scared to try EVE because I hear it sucks away your life :P  Also you have to be involved in a community to have any fun.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2009, 02:15:11 AM by zeech »

Offline llama_egg

• Vigilant Green
  • Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 17
  • Zombiefication! Roar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2009, 05:23:54 AM »
Also you have to be involved in a community to have any fun.

This.

As much as I love the sci-fi setting, I just couldn't get into it. I dunno, I find the game itself to be boring, which really is a shame due to how big the game really is.

Offline Press

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 4
  • Seizon Senryaku!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2009, 05:40:45 PM »
I personally play it and still do. I find the game to be interesting and enjoyable. Having a clan really helps since the higher the clan levels, the more benefits for the player such as increased exp and what not. Takes a while to get into, but once you do it becomes fun. Not to mention, they are planning to release pvp in about a week or so in the Japanese version and a couple weeks after that for the English version. I'm currently running a clan so if any of you do get the game and want to join a clan, pm me =]
« Last Edit: February 08, 2009, 05:43:41 PM by Press »
Happy Birthday to the GROUND

Offline zeech

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2009, 01:16:20 AM »
I personally play it and still do. I find the game to be interesting and enjoyable. Having a clan really helps since the higher the clan levels, the more benefits for the player such as increased exp and what not. Takes a while to get into, but once you do it becomes fun. Not to mention, they are planning to release pvp in about a week or so in the Japanese version and a couple weeks after that for the English version. I'm currently running a clan so if any of you do get the game and want to join a clan, pm me =]

Hmm, I might do that.  I recently installed the game again so we'll see if I end up actually starting the game up :P

Offline Soniti

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 7
  • 。。。
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2009, 02:11:43 AM »
I played this in Japanese while it was still rather new in Japan. Fun game, and good for me cause it forced me to look up kanji nonstop. I'd probably go back if my friends still played it, but they stopped.