hentai
When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: So you like anime, huh? Whatcha watchin' right now?  (Read 21070 times)

Offline mewofforcena

• Vigilant Yellow
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 27
  • Anyaaaan~
    • View Profile
Re: So you like anime, huh? Whatcha watchin' right now?
« Reply #50 on: January 06, 2008, 10:37:58 PM »
http://www.gotlurk.net/ + mIRC. Can't go wrong with that.
You can also get some here http://manga.yuedu365.com/ or at the website of the scanlators, if you're lucky.
Also, check http://www.mangaupdates.com/ to know about translations.
The April that's farther than May, reversal of limbs

Offline ChiisaiRamen

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 18
  • Gar it up!
    • View Profile
    • Chii's Deviant Art Page
« Reply #51 on: January 06, 2008, 11:20:34 PM »
So I finished Soul Link. It was decent, but in all truth, worse than I had expected.

Right now I have in my hands Myself;Yourself, Kamisama Kazoku and Kage Kara Mamoru. Which do you guys suggest I should go for first?

Well you're gonna watch it all eventually so roll a dice =D
The only time i suggested to someone to watch one first over another was the My- Series. Because of continuation issues its better to watch otome first before hime. To avoid disappointment.

Is no one watching old school anime, that has finally had a new season??*cough*You're Under Arrest! Full Throttle*cough*
but yeah i just picked up another anime sat night called Rosario + Vampire, so far i like it a lot. its your avg anime but eh, it was good to watch.
also i would like to know if you guys have any good places to pick up translated manga.. i'm trying to look for Rosario + Vampire cuase i know that the anime isn't going to get everything in, plus the manga just went into a 2nd season.

Yeah I hate it when people make so much complaints about simple style or otherwise known as "Villain-of-the-week" anime. Rosario is pretty good but lotsa people are already putting it down cuz its villain of the week, what matters in the end is as you say: good to watch.

Well as for old school anime, not currently but the usual ones I rewatch from time to time are
-Cowboy Bebop
-Yu Yu Hakusho
-Neon Genesis Evangelion
-etc etc

especially random robot anime from my childhood days liek Voltes V, Mazinger Z, Daimos, etc etc
Arcueid Brunestud/Red Arcueid Main
----------
Eerily Devoted Arcueid Fanboy
http://www.youtube.com/ChiisaiRamen

Offline Sh1k1

• Vigilant Blue
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 43
  • 「これが… モノを殺すと言うことだ…!」
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 12, 2008, 08:03:18 AM »
Epic thread revival is epic.

Just finished watching the new Appleseed movie, Appleseed: Ex Machina. It was freaking awesome, much better (if that's at all possible) than the previous movie... And apparently, something that rose my spirits even higher was the fact that I found out that there's a freaking ANIMATED CG SERIES (26 episodes) coming up on April next year. :D

In the meantime, I'm also watching Happiness! while I take a short break from Nagasarete Airantou. :)
FGO Friend Code: 221252074

Offline mewofforcena

• Vigilant Yellow
  • Magus Candidate
  • Anyaaaan~
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 12, 2008, 08:37:05 AM »
Well, I recently watched Di Gi Charat (made of lol and LOL), and am currently re-watching SHUFFLE! (I hate you guys...)

Offline Sh1k1

• Vigilant Blue
  • Magus Candidate
  • 「これが… モノを殺すと言うことだ…!」
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 12, 2008, 09:06:45 AM »
I watched this spinoff Di Gi Charat OVA called Winter Garden, and it made me all fuzzy in my stomach and such. It was pretty cute. So the original series is worth a shot?

Offline mewofforcena

• Vigilant Yellow
  • Magus Candidate
  • Anyaaaan~
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 12, 2008, 10:21:51 AM »
Hmm, I didn't see winter garden, but I'm pretty sure, from what I've heard, that it's completely different from original Di Gi Charat. DGC is just pure, unaduterated, random nonsense, as far as Eye Beams and Mouth Bazookas go.

Offline abitofBaileys

• zzz
  • Germaniac
  • Magic Circuits: 159
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 12, 2008, 10:47:49 AM »
I finished Byoukuso 5cm recently (beautiful one <3), now getting into some Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei.

Offline MagnusXL

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 6
  • j.C Artist
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 12, 2008, 10:55:46 AM »
Last thing I watched was a few episodes of Zetsubou Sensei.

I'm not really big on anime.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2008, 02:10:21 PM by MagnusXL »
Honorary BC Player.

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Magic Circuits: 120
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 12, 2008, 01:39:50 PM »
Most recent anime I've watched were Genshiken 2, Zetsubou Sensei, Minami-ke, and both seasons of Higurashi.  Once this season ends, I'll be starting up on Shana Second, Clannad, Zoku Zetsubou Sensei, and Minami-ke Okawari.  I still at some point want to watch Gurren Lagann and maybe Code Geass too, just haven't gotten around to getting ahold of them yet.

I just hope more than anything that Shana Second doesn't disappoint, since first season is one of my favorites.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2008, 01:42:54 PM by LoliSauce »
<LoliSauce>   Yeah, so I live right in between an elementary school and a middle school about a block on each side of me
<Zar>      God loves you, Lolisauce
---
<Mauve>      [The Touhou fandom] are like the moe character equivalent of furries.

Offline Dio

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 52
  • WROOOOOOOOOOOOONG
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 12, 2008, 01:48:49 PM »
Kaiji.
Dark genius that descended into the gambling apocalypse. What lies behind his eyes is endless jazz.

Offline Boku

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 12
  • Banana <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: March 12, 2008, 06:39:11 PM »
In the meantime, I'm also watching Happiness! while I take a short break from Nagasarete Airantou. :)
I think Happiness! is a cool guy eh uses magic and has hottest trap evar and doesnt afraid of anything.

As for myself I'm catching up on older series. Recently I've gone through Mai-HiME (about fucking time, I know), Jojo's Bizzare Adventure, Black Lagoon, Rozen Maiden Traumend, and Rozen Maiden Ouverture.

Next on my list are:
Higurashi Kai
Mai-Otome
Fate/Stay Night

The only currently running series I'm keeping up with is Mnemosyne, which is made of win and Galneryus and lesbians and god.

Also: heard rumors of a Higurashi season 3? Anyone have any info on this?
how do i adult behavior to my younger brother?

Offline MyvTeddy

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 12, 2008, 07:13:06 PM »
Tsukihime. And the visual novel of it : D

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Magic Circuits: 120
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 12, 2008, 08:01:38 PM »
I think Happiness! is a cool guy eh uses magic and has hottest trap evar and doesnt afraid of anything.

As for myself I'm catching up on older series. Recently I've gone through Mai-HiME (about fucking time, I know), Jojo's Bizzare Adventure, Black Lagoon, Rozen Maiden Traumend, and Rozen Maiden Ouverture.

Next on my list are:
Higurashi Kai
Mai-Otome
Fate/Stay Night

The only currently running series I'm keeping up with is Mnemosyne, which is made of win and Galneryus and lesbians and god.

Oh!  I forgot I still have to watch Rozen Maiden Traumend and Ouverture at some point too.  I've still only seen the first season.  =x

Also, I've heard some babble about Higurashi s3 as well, but I don't think there's any backing behind it.  The story doesn't really have anywhere to go, if you ask me.  You'll understand when you finish Higurashi Kai.  They end it pretty definitively.
<LoliSauce>   Yeah, so I live right in between an elementary school and a middle school about a block on each side of me
<Zar>      God loves you, Lolisauce
---
<Mauve>      [The Touhou fandom] are like the moe character equivalent of furries.

Offline Dio

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • WROOOOOOOOOOOOONG
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 12, 2008, 09:06:30 PM »
There is no Tsukihime anime.
Dark genius that descended into the gambling apocalypse. What lies behind his eyes is endless jazz.

Offline uLTraCarL

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 10
  • <3 IIDX <3
    • View Profile
    • The Chronicles of uLTraCarL
« Reply #64 on: March 12, 2008, 09:10:54 PM »
I'm watching too much  :slowpoke:

The most active ones are probably:
  • Hayate no Gotoku!
  • CLANNAD
  • Bamboo Blade
  • True Tears
  • Sky Girls
  • Rosario + Vampire
  • SPICY WOLF (Spice & Wolf)
  • Kimi ga Garuji de Shitsuji ga Ore de
  • H2O ~Footprints in the Sand

Then I got quite the backlog of series to catch up on which includes Gurren-Lagann, Code Geass, Utawarerumono, StrikerS, and many others. Ah the headache just thinking about it  :slowpoke: :slowpoke:

These links would like a word with you
« Last Edit: March 12, 2008, 09:18:37 PM by uLTraCarL »
The Chronicles of uLTraCarL
Youtube connection .. Steam connection .. Anime List

Offline Devereaux

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 40
  • Drinkin that mirin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 12, 2008, 09:34:01 PM »
Right now I'm watching Inuyasha and Yu-Gi-Oh! GX. When do these series you guys listed air and on what channel? I've never seen them on TV before and some of them sound interesting.

Offline Sh1k1

• Vigilant Blue
  • Magus Candidate
  • 「これが… モノを殺すと言うことだ…!」
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 12, 2008, 10:19:55 PM »

Next on my list are:
Higurashi Kai
Mai-Otome
Fate/Stay Night

If you enjoyed Mai-HiME, you'll love Mai-Otome -- same premise, but more action-oriented than the  original. Plus, the sequel (Mai-Otome Zwei) and the prequel (Mai-Otome S.ifr) are pure <3 and win.

This is true.

[...] Also: heard rumors of a Higurashi season 3? Anyone have any info on this?
[...] Also, I've heard some babble about Higurashi s3 as well, but I don't think there's any backing behind it.  The story doesn't really have anywhere to go, if you ask me.  You'll understand when you finish Higurashi Kai.  They end it pretty definitively.
http://myanimelist.net/anime.php?id=3652
http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=anime&aid=5634
Considering it's listed on two of the biggest anime sites out there, I'd say that's pretty official.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2008, 10:23:10 PM by DominicanZero »

Offline mewofforcena

• Vigilant Yellow
  • Magus Candidate
  • Anyaaaan~
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 12, 2008, 10:47:17 PM »

Next on my list are:
Higurashi Kai
Mai-Otome
Fate/Stay Night

Oh!  I forgot I still have to watch Rozen Maiden Traumend and Ouverture at some point too.  I've still only seen the first season.  =x

Also, I've heard some babble about Higurashi s3 as well, but I don't think there's any backing behind it.  The story doesn't really have anywhere to go, if you ask me.  You'll understand when you finish Higurashi Kai.  They end it pretty definitively.

I've heard something about the story, although the intel I got might be wrong. According to it, Rena and Keiichi are already aware about the culprit, and try to take care of everything themselves.

Offline liger

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 12, 2008, 10:54:22 PM »
Currently watching Shakugan no Shana, Hayate no Gotoku, Clannad, and Bleach. ;D

I have a crapload of anime stored up to watch though, like Minami-Ke, Bamboo Blade, GunGrave, Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei, Karas, Sousei no Aquarion, NHK Ni Youkoso, Persona Trinity Soul, Prince of Tennis Semi Finals, and Sketchbook.

Super old stuff I have saved that I should've watched already but haven't are Full Metal Alchemist, Samurai Champloo, and Afro Samurai...

As for Higurashi... I watched the first and second seasons and loved the series as a whole. The first season scared the hell out of me, but the second season was amazing. You actually find out the reason for all the insane stuff in the first season.

But a third season? I heard about it, but I kept wondering, what exactly would the third season include? I felt like the second season wrapped up the series pretty well.

Offline mewofforcena

• Vigilant Yellow
  • Magus Candidate
  • Anyaaaan~
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 12, 2008, 11:02:20 PM »
I have a crapload of anime stored up to watch though, like Minami-Ke, Bamboo Blade, GunGrave, Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei, Karas, Sousei no Aquarion, NHK Ni Youkoso, Persona Trinity Soul, Prince of Tennis Semi Finals, and Sketchbook.

Join the club, we've got T-shirts.

As for Higurashi... I watched the first and second seasons and loved the series as a whole. The first season scared the hell out of me, but the second season was amazing. You actually find out the reason for all the insane stuff in the first season.

But a third season? I heard about it, but I kept wondering, what exactly would the third season include? I felt like the second season wrapped up the series pretty well.

Yeah, it really was awesome, and conclusive. Also, Manly K1 is Manly. Or should I say K?

As for the third season, I think everybody who's watched Kai is wondering the same thing. We'll just have to wait to be sure...

And while we're on the subject of Higurashi...

Fire at will, gentlemen. Your target's name starts with an 'm'. *uses Kouma's 22B to run away*

Offline liger

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 12, 2008, 11:39:28 PM »
Join the club, we've got T-shirts.
Oh snap. XD

Yeah, it really was awesome, and conclusive. Also, Manly K1 is Manly. Or should I say K?

As for the third season, I think everybody who's watched Kai is wondering the same thing. We'll just have to wait to be sure...
Indeed, good sir.

Fire at will, gentlemen. Your target's name starts with an 'm'. *uses Kouma's 22B to run away*
I don't get it... ;_;

Offline mewofforcena

• Vigilant Yellow
  • Magus Candidate
  • Anyaaaan~
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 12, 2008, 11:46:30 PM »

I don't get it... ;_;

A product made with 500g of instant madness, 250g of unavoidable insanity, and 5Kg of stupidity. One of them is supposed to be me, the other my gf. Guess who is who.

Offline liger

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 13, 2008, 12:33:08 AM »
Can I guess by who has the 'stache? :V

Offline mewofforcena

• Vigilant Yellow
  • Magus Candidate
  • Anyaaaan~
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 13, 2008, 12:42:40 AM »
Can I guess by who has the 'stache? :V

For some reason, that sounded so... Mario-ish...

And no, but I can assure you she's the one with the glasses.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2008, 01:11:20 AM by mewofforcena »

Offline Dio

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • WROOOOOOOOOOOOONG
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 13, 2008, 12:59:27 AM »
I'm watching too much  :slowpoke:

The most active ones are probably:
  • Hayate no Gotoku!
  • CLANNAD
  • Bamboo Blade
  • True Tears
  • Sky Girls
  • Rosario + Vampire
  • SPICY WOLF (Spice & Wolf)
  • Kimi ga Garuji de Shitsuji ga Ore de
  • H2O ~Footprints in the Sand

Then I got quite the backlog of series to catch up on which includes Gurren-Lagann, Code Geass, Utawarerumono, StrikerS, and many others. Ah the headache just thinking about it  :slowpoke: :slowpoke:

These links would like a word with you

That isn't a Tsukihime anime. It's more like a studio who decided to adapt the story of Tsukihime and draw everyone with manfaces, dumb down the fights, neglect all the other characters, and have a low budget, like a shitty doujin or something.

A real Tsukihime anime would be acknowledged by Tsukihime fans, as we hate this 100 times worse version of Tsukihime so much we just pretend it doesn't exist.