When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: So you like anime, huh? Whatcha watchin' right now?  (Read 21051 times)

Offline uLTraCarL

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 10
  • <3 IIDX <3
    • View Profile
    • The Chronicles of uLTraCarL
Re: So you like anime, huh? Whatcha watchin' right now?
« Reply #75 on: March 13, 2008, 01:03:19 AM »
I enjoyed every bit of it and it also got me into Melty Blood, so to each their own  :toot:
The Chronicles of uLTraCarL
Youtube connection .. Steam connection .. Anime List

Offline Devereaux

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 40
  • Drinkin that mirin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 13, 2008, 01:05:18 AM »
I enjoyed every bit of it and it also got me into Melty Blood, so to each their own  :toot:

I second this opinion

Offline Dio

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 52
  • WROOOOOOOOOOOOONG
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 13, 2008, 01:10:08 AM »
It truly is a matter of "to each their own", though.

Most Japanese Higurashi fans, having played Higurashi themselves, dislike the anime adaptation immensely because of how inferior it is to the source material, apparently, but there isn't much translation of those here, so the anime is thus propped up.

Those of us who've played all 5 routes and read the amazing story that is Tsukihime in visual novel form, along with Kagetsu Tohya, dislike the anime for the same reason - it doesn't give off the same sort of awesomeness as the source material. Considering how many of us actually liked the other routes than Arc, and loved the music and fight scenes very much, to have these things erased from the anime (jesus, the fights were fail. Where's my hundreds of different animals/huge crabs/musclebound light-speed Nero? Where's my blood-sword SHIKI? Where's my Akiha hair attack and her background story? Where were ANY of the background stories of the maids and everyone? What about Sacchin's death at the hands of Shiki? I mean, come on.)

Also, Red Demon God should have somehow gotten in the anime. They left out so much that it's almost criminal.

also
Kohakuriko is the best.
Hisui has spoken. (this image, and the one above)

« Last Edit: March 13, 2008, 01:13:40 AM by Dio »
Dark genius that descended into the gambling apocalypse. What lies behind his eyes is endless jazz.

Offline Devereaux

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 40
  • Drinkin that mirin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 13, 2008, 01:12:41 AM »

Most Japanese Higurashi fans, having played Higurashi themselves, dislike the anime adaptation immensely because of how inferior it is to the source material, apparently, but there isn't much translation of those here, so the anime is thus propped up.

Those of us who've played all 5 routes and read the amazing story that is Tsukihime in visual novel form, along with Kagetsu Tohya, dislike the anime for the same reason - it doesn't give off the same sort of awesomeness as the source material. Considering how many of us actually liked the other routes than Arc, and loved the music and fight scenes very much, to have these things erased from the anime (jesus, the fights were fail. Where's my hundreds of different animals/huge crabs/musclebound light-speed Nero? Where's my blood-sword SHIKI? Where's my Akiha hair attack and her background story? Where were ANY of the background stories of the maids and everyone? What about Sacchin's death at the hands of Shiki? I mean, come on.)

Also, Red Demon God should have somehow gotten in the anime. They left out so much that it's almost criminal.

I second this opinion as well

Offline mewofforcena

• Vigilant Yellow
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 27
  • Anyaaaan~
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 13, 2008, 01:18:09 AM »

You're forgetting that they killed any chance of something like a Kagetsu Tohya or Melty Blood anime.
The April that's farther than May, reversal of limbs

Offline Dio

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • WROOOOOOOOOOOOONG
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 13, 2008, 01:24:55 AM »

You're forgetting that they killed any chance of something like a Kagetsu Tohya or Melty Blood anime.

I'm not forgetting it. I thought everyone knew that.
Dark genius that descended into the gambling apocalypse. What lies behind his eyes is endless jazz.

Offline liger

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 13, 2008, 01:34:57 AM »

Hmm, I feel like I've posted this here before... :psyduck:

EDIT:
Oh. Because I did.
http://www.meltybread.com/forums/index.php?topic=257.msg7827#msg7827
:V

EDIT 2:
But hey, aren't they making that Kara No Kyoukai OVA? Maybe that'll be better. =)
« Last Edit: March 13, 2008, 01:42:34 AM by liger »

Offline Dio

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • WROOOOOOOOOOOOONG
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 13, 2008, 01:59:11 AM »

EDIT 2:
But hey, aren't they making that Kara No Kyoukai OVA? Maybe that'll be better. =)

No.

OVAs are direct to video. All SEVEN KnK movies are coming in theaters and ufotable produced, and so far look fucking awesome.
However, the first DVD isn't coming till late May, so we won't get subs till then.

« Last Edit: March 13, 2008, 02:10:07 AM by Dio »

Offline liger

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 13, 2008, 02:09:10 AM »
Ahhh, my bad. I didn't pay too much attention when my friend was telling me about it, so I just assumed OVA.

Good to hear it looks really awesome. ;D

I'll look forward to it. :prinny:

Offline Hd - phnz - !!!

• Lv. ?? (Boss)
  • Melty Waffle
  • Magic Circuits: 9008
  • BAH GAWWWDDD!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 13, 2008, 05:12:27 AM »
Bamboo Blade!

Offline Sh1k1

• Vigilant Blue
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 43
  • 「これが… モノを殺すと言うことだ…!」
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 13, 2008, 05:15:14 AM »
I'm SO drooling over the Rakkyo stuff. I can't wait until May comes around to see the first subbed releases. :D
FGO Friend Code: 221252074

Offline Zyklon-C

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 04, 2008, 01:10:33 PM »
I'm just about to start watching Higurashi...
Can't quite believe that I haven't seen it already...
I'm a Policeman!