hentai
When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: Society Is Retarded.  (Read 10471 times)

Offline NinjaNero

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 26
  • Warblackia
    • View Profile
Society Is Retarded.
« on: June 07, 2008, 07:43:17 AM »
"I-P-C-O-N...'
"M?"
"No, N as in.."
"Oh, N, as in knife" "...yes..."

Offline Alfonse

• Vigilant Pink
  • Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 22
  • Azu-nyan~!
    • View Profile
Re: Society Is Retarded.
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2008, 08:09:48 AM »
This angers me alot....
http://www.todaysbigthing.com/2008/05/30

The world will be in ruins by the time our children are around.
Keyboard crusher who couldn't pull off a proper BNB.

puKKa

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2008, 08:39:53 AM »
Hey look! it's america!  :psyduck: :psyduck: :psyduck: :psyduck:

Offline Kix

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 19
  • Slayer and Galneryus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2008, 12:03:57 PM »
Welcome to this Godless society!

This planet is so awesome, it's one of three things - atheists that don't care nor have a reason to care, religious people that do things just because its religious and then those who will murder you and themselves based on an irrational premise!

Sweet!
"This port is going to be outdated faster than you can say "Dance Romanesque and unfinished Romancia" -Dizzynecro

Offline mewofforcena

• Vigilant Yellow
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 27
  • Anyaaaan~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2008, 12:51:57 PM »
This angers me alot....

The world will be in ruins by the time our children are around.

That's why I'll be teaching mine to kill. Gotta help make the world a better place.
The April that's farther than May, reversal of limbs

Offline jocund

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2008, 12:57:07 PM »
Wow, if my someone did that to my niece, I would bitch slap them so hard. Terrible, sent their ass to boot camp for the rest of their lives!
Dae: Nice try Tom you did your best!
Tom: I'm going to punch you!

Yukio Sumadera (12:50:54 AM): cause Dizzy is hot ABigStrongAsian (12:50:56 AM): lol Yukio Sumadera (12:51:13 AM): and Bridget is......appealing Yukio Sumadera (12:53:00 AM): Roll Casket though.....now that....i would hit anyday

Offline llama_egg

• Vigilant Green
  • Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 17
  • Zombiefication! Roar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2008, 02:52:07 PM »
And this is why I hate society. I want to stab them, fucking ignorant shits. 

Offline Boku

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 12
  • Banana <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2008, 03:11:15 PM »
I do hope, that in an ironic turn of events, they are beaten, raped and robbed.
how do i adult behavior to my younger brother?

Offline motoh

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 20
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2008, 05:57:24 PM »

This planet is so awesome, it's one of three things - atheists that don't care nor have a reason to care, religious people that do things just because its religious and then those who will murder you and themselves based on an irrational premise!

Sweet!

I'mma fly off the handle here and say fuck you, atheism is not fucking nihilism, just because I don't believe there's an intelligent being that made giraffes have six foot long necks for his sick amusement doesn't mean I don't think there's a purpose to this world.

~M

Offline ಠ_ಠ Dizzynecro

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 40
  • Doriflectos
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2008, 07:34:45 PM »
Since when are girrafes some kind of abomination? Their long necks do serve a purpose....

By the way, Are Melty Blood and Melty Bread different games?

Offline motoh

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 20
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2008, 07:45:18 PM »
Since when are girrafes some kind of abomination? Their long necks do serve a purpose....

Are you honestly missing the point, or are you egging me on?

~M

Offline NinjaNero

• Magus Candidate
  • Warblackia
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2008, 08:44:31 PM »

~M
He does have a valid point...
"I-P-C-O-N...'
"M?"
"No, N as in.."

Offline NinjaNero

• Magus Candidate
  • Warblackia
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2008, 09:02:56 PM »
Back on topic (sorry continue to spam my thread when I'm done)

Another retard of society..
http://www.todaysbigthing.com/2008/05/16

Generally Stupid People...
http://www.todaysbigthing.com/2008/05/07
http://www.todaysbigthing.com/2008/05/19
« Last Edit: June 07, 2008, 09:10:40 PM by NinjaNero »
"I-P-C-O-N...'
"M?"
"No, N as in.."

Offline Kix

• Spellcaster
  • Slayer and Galneryus
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2008, 09:05:14 PM »

Sweet!

I'mma fly off the handle here and say fuck you, atheism is not fucking nihilism, just because I don't believe there's an intelligent being that made giraffes have six foot long necks for his sick amusement doesn't mean I don't think there's a purpose to this world.

~M
Thanks!

There is no ultimate purpose. You live to die and rot in the ground. Your accomplishments ultimately mean nothing because in the end they amount to nothing. Everything we see is on a limited time frame. There is nothing to point back to why anything is rationally right or wrong. You live once. I know that atheists can be capable of being nice and could physically do "good". There can be no objective morality. If objective morality exists then God exists and that's all there is to it. There is no reason why anything would truly be "right" or "wrong" outside of God as there is nothing it would really have a rational basis in. It's simply what someone wants to think from subjective minds maybe because they "feel" a certain way. It's certainly based on nothing physical.

I think there are at multiple good reasons for believing that God does exist if you want to talk about that. One of them would be if objective morality existed at all, also the cause of the universe, the fine tuning of the universe and its constants for not only working at all but being specifically so fit for intelligent carbon based lifeforms and also accounting for logical absolutes which can be done no other way. There is no question of whether or not the universe is fine tuned, the question is why and I think it's the best answer. Do not confuse "fine tuned" with optimal.

My point is that in the absence of God it would be completely based on nothing and furthermore there is no ultimate accountability so it does not matter how you live. What sin is there to recognize? If these girls can get away with it they will. People are less and less thinking about these things and they don't give a shit. This is completely acceptable behavior for the girls and their position is no more valid or less valid than anyone else's in the absence of objective morality. Or is there some reason it is?

Do not take it personally. I was generalizing as well but what I've said in this post are how things are.

« Last Edit: June 07, 2008, 09:16:24 PM by Kix »
"This port is going to be outdated faster than you can say "Dance Romanesque and unfinished Romancia" -Dizzynecro

Offline Nandeyanen

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 6
  • Nyoro~n
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2008, 11:02:13 PM »
This angers me alot....
People are asses, it's not like it's breaking news. I do like how you can totally see their faces through the mosaic though. That's just an invitation for vigilante justice.

Offline Boku

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 12
  • Banana <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2008, 12:01:31 AM »
This angers me alot....
People are asses, it's not like it's breaking news. I do like how you can totally see their faces through the mosaic though. That's just an invitation for vigilante justice.
They live in Gotham right? Please tell me the live in Gotham.
how do i adult behavior to my younger brother?

Offline jocund

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2008, 12:15:55 AM »

BOTH OF THEM
LMAO
ROFL
LOOLOLOLLOOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
I JUST CAN'T STOP LAUGHING OMG ROLF LOL LAWL LMFAO!!!!!!
Dae: Nice try Tom you did your best!
Tom: I'm going to punch you!

Yukio Sumadera (12:50:54 AM): cause Dizzy is hot ABigStrongAsian (12:50:56 AM): lol Yukio Sumadera (12:51:13 AM): and Bridget is......appealing Yukio Sumadera (12:53:00 AM): Roll Casket though.....now that....i would hit anyday

Offline ಠ_ಠ Dizzynecro

• Magus Candidate
  • Doriflectos
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2008, 10:06:53 AM »

~M
niether, I'm not arguing anything either way. I'm just curious as to why something non-uniform has to be for sick amusment aka some kind of abomination.

Offline noradseven

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 10
  • quick doctor what is the patients status?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2008, 01:52:57 PM »
Society is retarded I mean if they were smart they would of stolen the cookies they taste good.

And nothing beats the guy trying to rob a gun store in cali(or was it texas) with a knife thats just classic.  Needless to say he was shot multiple times before he hit the floor.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2008, 01:54:38 PM by noradseven »

Offline Alfonse

• Vigilant Pink
  • Magus
  • Azu-nyan~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2008, 07:55:18 PM »

BOTH OF THEM
LMAO
ROFL
LOOLOLOLLOOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
I JUST CAN'T STOP LAUGHING OMG ROLF LOL LAWL LMFAO!!!!!!

Oh god the Deal or No Deal one was just priceless.

HOW THE FUCK DID YOU NOT NOTICE YOUR SISTER HOLDING THE DAMN CASE?!  :psyduck:
Keyboard crusher who couldn't pull off a proper BNB.

Offline rashreflection

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2008, 03:10:40 PM »
Kix, you don't need God to accurately determine morality.  I don't have time for a huge post here, but basically:

1. The overall happiness & suffering resulting from a given action reliably indicates whether this action is moral or immoral, and you do not need to posit anything supernatural to figure this out.

2. Going off of the basic idea above, humans should do good things because they will leave a lasting positive impact long after we die and avoid bad things for the inverse reason.  "Now" is such a tiny slice of the human experience...the future is far, FAR more important.

It is a topic I struggled with myself for a long time before finally beginning to grasp things, but there are plenty of answers to your concerns.  The whole fine-tuning argument does not hold up well at all, either, unless you think all of science is part of some giant conspiracy.  And there is plenty of solid evidence against that if you decide to go that route.

I actually agree with you that moral relativism is a false and potentially dangerous route, but religion will not be the solution; it's had plenty of chances already and failed every one!  What we need is some sort of belief system tailor-made for human nature and based on skepticism, one that does not require any unrealistic behaviors like abstinence or fasting.  This has become one of my life projects, actually...

Respectfully,
Josh.

Offline ಠ_ಠ Dizzynecro

• Magus Candidate
  • Doriflectos
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2008, 06:53:51 PM »
Kix, you don't need God to accurately determine morality.  I don't have time for a huge post here, but basically:

1. The overall happiness & suffering resulting from a given action reliably indicates whether this action is moral or immoral, and you do not need to posit anything supernatural to figure this out.

2. Going off of the basic idea above, humans should do good things because they will leave a lasting positive impact long after we die and avoid bad things for the inverse reason.  "Now" is such a tiny slice of the human experience...the future is far, FAR more important.

It is a topic I struggled with myself for a long time before finally beginning to grasp things, but there are plenty of answers to your concerns.  The whole fine-tuning argument does not hold up well at all, either, unless you think all of science is part of some giant conspiracy.  And there is plenty of solid evidence against that if you decide to go that route.

I actually agree with you that moral relativism is a false and potentially dangerous route, but religion will not be the solution; it's had plenty of chances already and failed every one!  What we need is some sort of belief system tailor-made for human nature and based on skepticism, one that does not require any unrealistic behaviors like abstinence or fasting.  This has become one of my life projects, actually...

Respectfully,
Josh.
Good and bad are completely based on perspective unfortunatley.
!.Say you have a corrupt society that despises a minority and the deaths of some will bring happiness to many. It could even avoid a largescale war in the future that would have devolped due to racial tensions and ultimatley led to the destruction of the world via nucular holocost or some other way. This is still more happiness to suffering ratio but I still see this as a very immoral action. So I would say majority should have nothing to due with morality, and if it does then genocide is probably moral.

2. You say humans should do thing because it will leave a possitive or negetive impact, but the impact left by you actions will affect people based on their perspective(with no higher power to define the nature of good and evil). If hitler had won world war II and had conquered the world and created his perfect race, they would probably remember him possitivley (especially with large amounts of government propaganda) and everyone else would be dead and gone(assuming he would kill everyone else). In his eyes and everyone around him he has done the "right" thing.

I don't really like arguing about religion because people get so angry about it instead of accually considering facts and deciding what makes sense(not that you are) but this is what comes to mind in consideration of your post.
Also religion gets as amny chances as it wants if it turns out to be true, whether anybosy likes it popular beleif is not fact.
Also respectfully Fred. (yes my name is Fred)
now that I have made such a serious post I have to save my reputation and post something retarded in sacchin toast.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2008, 07:02:33 PM by Giant Enemy Crab »

Offline scottind

• Melty Waffle
  • Magic Circuits: 45
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2008, 07:11:29 PM »

so, you can weigh happiness and suffering? and if the scale tips in the happiness side its moral?

Offline Kix

• Spellcaster
  • Slayer and Galneryus
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2008, 12:53:42 AM »

3. It is a topic I struggled with myself for a long time before finally beginning to grasp things, but there are plenty of answers to your concerns.  The whole fine-tuning argument does not hold up well at all, either, unless you think all of science is part of some giant conspiracy.  And there is plenty of solid evidence against that if you decide to go that route.

4. I actually agree with you that moral relativism is a false and potentially dangerous route, but religion will not be the solution; it's had plenty of chances already and failed every one!  What we need is some sort of belief system tailor-made for human nature and based on skepticism, one that does not require any unrealistic behaviors like abstinence or fasting.  This has become one of my life projects, actually...

Respectfully,
Josh.
Yeah just so you know I'm not attacking you in anyway in this response. In fact I'm glad you responded.

1. Says what? Who? You? Does it really matter? Still God is the only thing that would tell you why any moral stance is moral/immoral and it is the only place where objective morals can come from.

2. This means absolutely nothing. Why shouldn't people think in terms of there lives - you know the only one that they have? What reason is there to care about the future or others? So how long does human existence last anyway? If someone does not care it ultimately does not matter if you are a mass murderer rapist pedophile or Mother Teresa. You all end up in the ground and your consciousness ceases to exist.

I think there is a lasting reason for the feeling of morality that people have. It does not exist from atheism.

3. The fine tuning holds up just fine. This is what science says, the question is how it is best explained. No one really questions the improbability of our circumstance. Let's look at some numbers and we will go that route. Again remember fine tuning does not equal optimality.

A change in gravities' strength by only 1 in 10^100 would have not allowed life to exist within the universe (P. C. W. Davies - he's a physicist). The Big Bang's low entropy condition just existing by chance is a 1 out of 10^10(123) chance (Roger Penrose of Oxford). Furthermore the constant that basically dictates the inflation of the universe is very specific, like 10^120. So you consider this sheer improbability and then you have to consider these simply do not need to be ridiculously fine tuned within themselves, they have to be even further to each of the other constants together. Wow.

So I encourage you to multiply the improbability over and over again until you get incomprehensible numbers. So I  don't think you have any evidence against this but I would assume you would be talking about optimality but that does not change the improbability of our circumstance.

4. Do you know why it fails? It might just fail because what is right might just be what people in their nature do not want to do. Still I think that God could be the only rational basis. In fact the Judeo-Christian God is the only one I see that stays consistent with statements about God's very nature and moral commands. You can basically see that what is right stems from God's very nature and is not independent of it.

Again you want to take the route where we have morality formed to no basis. It is just what you want to think and you can not point back to anything rationalizing why it is. So why even bother?

And again I will mention that I think the Transcendental argument and Kalam cosmological arguments are very good. The Transcendental argument deals with conceptual logical absolutes which must exist in any circumstance rationally and they can only be accounted for by a reflective mind outside of the universe. Kalam is about the cause of the universe and I usually like to go into the argument in some clever way because it's funny how it works.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2008, 01:13:52 AM by Kix »

Offline Kix

• Spellcaster
  • Slayer and Galneryus
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2008, 01:04:49 AM »
Good and bad are completely based on perspective unfortunatley.
!.Say you have a corrupt society that despises a minority and the deaths of some will bring happiness to many. It could even avoid a largescale war in the future that would have devolped due to racial tensions and ultimatley led to the destruction of the world via nucular holocost or some other way. This is still more happiness to suffering ratio but I still see this as a very immoral action. So I would say majority should have nothing to due with morality, and if it does then genocide is probably moral.

2. You say humans should do thing because it will leave a possitive or negetive impact, but the impact left by you actions will affect people based on their perspective(with no higher power to define the nature of good and evil). If hitler had won world war II and had conquered the world and created his perfect race, they would probably remember him possitivley (especially with large amounts of government propaganda) and everyone else would be dead and gone(assuming he would kill everyone else). In his eyes and everyone around him he has done the "right" thing.

I don't really like arguing about religion because people get so angry about it instead of accually considering facts and deciding what makes sense(not that you are) but this is what comes to mind in consideration of your post.
Also religion gets as amny chances as it wants if it turns out to be true, whether anybosy likes it popular beleif is not fact.
Also respectfully Fred. (yes my name is Fred)
now that I have made such a serious post I have to save my reputation and post something retarded in sacchin toast.

I would say you are right about subjective morality being subjective. That makes sense right? Well what makes it true and why does it matter? What is its basis? I think this applies to the hypothetical people you presented in point one. As for Hitler you are exactly right if we were to go by subjective morality.

So I say that objective morality is the only morality that has a rational basis, that has lasting value and that may have a reason for people to stick to it.