When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: Battle Fantasia  (Read 4161 times)

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Magic Circuits: 120
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
Battle Fantasia
« on: June 24, 2009, 10:38:34 AM »
Okay, so I played this for the first time the weekend before Devastation.  I was playing with some other people who had limited experience at best, so we were all just feeling the game out and scrubbing it up a little.

I have to say though, it was pretty fun.  Other than issues with playing on analog stick (yay 360 pad having dumb dpad placement) the game was pretty solid it seemed.  I like the Heat mode and how it can majorly enhance the characters.  We totally didn't even notice it had a parry until after we were done playing though, lol.  

Now that I'm looking into it more and seeing some good japanese play, it makes me want to play more.  Ashley (more like Ashgay, mirite?) and Odile were my two favorites right from the get go, and after seeing them at high level play I'm even more hype about Ashley.  He plays pretty much exactly as I expected him to, relying on his good ass oki game and throw mixups outside of heat.  He looks pretty ridiculous in heat though, as he has one of the fastest overheads I've ever seen in a fighter (as well as a totally badass combo loop you can do).  Odile I didn't see as much utilizing her teleport dash as I had hoped, but she's still pretty cool with a nice damage corner combo and some crossup shenanigans.

So, anyone actually play this shit?
<LoliSauce>   Yeah, so I live right in between an elementary school and a middle school about a block on each side of me
<Zar>      God loves you, Lolisauce
---
<Mauve>      [The Touhou fandom] are like the moe character equivalent of furries.

Offline ShinMasaki

• Loremaster
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 81
  • 真先生 demands attention
    • View Profile
Re: Battle Fantasia
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2009, 11:33:11 AM »
Don Valve is broken shit...game needs serious balancing.

I play as Marco
Common Sense?! In My Touhous?! WHAT IS THE MEANING OF THIS!!!

Offline MasterT

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2009, 01:01:10 PM »
I own it and scrub around a bit. The netcode is kinda shit though (you can get a good connection and play pretty normally, but otherwise input delay from hell).

I play most of the characters since I don't really bother practicing but I mostly play Freed and Face.

Offline Iduno

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: -3
  • Trying to main C W.Len
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2009, 03:42:02 AM »
I have it on the PS3 but online is the deadist online I've ever seen.

Seriously seen more people online on random freeware games like Gate88 then this. :emo:
My Blazblue match videos http://www.youtube.com/profile?edit=1#play/all

SvB entrys are now open for online registration!

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2009, 08:53:15 AM »
Yeah, I heard that the online is dead.  lol

Shin, why do you say Donvalve is broke?  You never see him dominating in jap tourney vids or anything.  His mass of hp and that fucking unblockable rugal throw with full super armor are pretty lol though, I have to admit.
<LoliSauce>   Yeah, so I live right in between an elementary school and a middle school about a block on each side of me
---
<Mauve>      [The Touhou fandom] are like the moe character equivalent of furries.

Offline Iduno

• Spellcaster
  • Trying to main C W.Len
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2009, 09:31:52 AM »
^I thought Ashley was top tier for his infinate off a gatcha drive (or whatever it's called 6G).

btw. Are we allowed to talk about Freed in this thread or is that disallowed on Melty Bread?  :psyduck:

Offline Van_Artic

• Vigilant White
  • Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 6
  • Haters Gonna Hate
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube page
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2009, 10:00:49 AM »
i have to get it for 360, it looks pretty good
it's something like Guilty Gear in 3D with Progear graphics stile, amirite?
<Zelretch> i would pay for a Kouma bedsheet
<Zelretch> seriously i wouldnt mind sleeping with PURE MASCULINITY

<ehrik> does ckouma have any hype combos <setrajonas> 2aaa <ehrik> damn that combo <ehrik> is too hard <ehrik> do you have anything easier

Offline Iduno

• Spellcaster
  • Trying to main C W.Len
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2009, 10:25:49 AM »
i have to get it for 360, it looks pretty good
it's something like Guilty Gear in 3D with Progear graphics stile, amirite?

Not really it's a bit slower since theres no air dashing (apart from Coyori) but it's much faster then SFIV.

Hard to describe really think 3/4 GG 1/4 SF and its still probably quite off from explaining it.

It's good though, worth a buy if you find it cheap or have got friends to play with.

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2009, 10:23:13 PM »
Pretty different, but it's really easy to pick up and pretty damn fun.
---

Offline It is a mystery.

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2010, 04:47:43 PM »
Yeah i like it too. It has one of the funniest named supers ever.

Offline ckosra

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 0
  • Away
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2010, 07:50:44 PM »
This game is excellent, easily my favorite arcsys game after Guilty Gear. I really feel that it nailed 2.5D in a way that SFIV didn't. Some design decisions don't make much sense, also some of the voice acting is quite grating but whatever its fun. Mostly messed around with face, but Deathbringer's gachi drive heatup combo is cool enough to make me want to play him.

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2010, 03:15:23 AM »
This game is excellent, easily my favorite arcsys game after Guilty Gear. I really feel that it nailed 2.5D in a way that SFIV didn't. Some design decisions don't make much sense, also some of the voice acting is quite grating but whatever its fun. Mostly messed around with face, but Deathbringer's gachi drive heatup combo is cool enough to make me want to play him.
Oh wow, random thread revival.  Funny thing, since I happened to play this game for the first time in like a year just tonight.  I was testing out my new ps2>360 adapter.

With Deathbringer, I can't help but abuse throw as much as possible.  It just makes me lol to be randomly grabbing people up like "You.  Sit." every time.  Some of his shit is pretty badass though, I'm not gonna lie.

Seriously though, I thing Ashgay is the perfect character of any fighter to my interests.  The way his whole game revolves around oki mixups just somehow unlocks my hidden potential or some shit.  What a fun character to play.
---

Offline Van_Artic

• Vigilant White
  • Spellcaster
  • Haters Gonna Hate
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube page
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2010, 12:23:48 AM »
I was testing out my new ps2>360 adapter.
i guess you bought this one: http://cgi.ebay.it/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250537453259&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

if not, which one? do you use it with a wired 360 pad?

<ehrik> does ckouma have any hype combos <setrajonas> 2aaa <ehrik> damn that combo <ehrik> is too hard <ehrik> do you have anything easier

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2010, 02:04:08 AM »
I was testing out my new ps2>360 adapter.
i guess you bought this one: http://cgi.ebay.it/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250537453259&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

if not, which one? do you use it with a wired 360 pad?
Yeah, that's the one I got.  I saw that it was sponsored by Evo, so I figured it must be good as far as compatibility and lagless input are concerned.  In testing, it worked flawlessly.  I'm satisfied with the purchase.
---

Offline Van_Artic

• Vigilant White
  • Spellcaster
  • Haters Gonna Hate
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube page
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2010, 03:59:11 AM »
Yeah, that's the one I got.  I saw that it was sponsored by Evo, so I figured it must be good as far as compatibility and lagless input are concerned.  In testing, it worked flawlessly.  I'm satisfied with the purchase.
thanks, it's going to be insta-buy!

Offline KurisuKappsu

• Apprentice
  • Magic Circuits: 0
    • View Profile
    • CGA Gamming
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2010, 10:43:57 PM »
I have not played this game is it a consol game or internet game?
Are you tired? Etherite can also paralyze. You don't have to be shy when you faint.

Uh, Already done? It's not fun
  Please control your stupidity. Next time, choose your opponent wisely.

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2010, 11:12:01 PM »
I have not played this game is it a consol game or internet game?
360 exclusive
---

Offline Sima Matty

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 1
  • <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2010, 01:05:20 PM »
It's also on psn.

if anyone wants to play, my psn is SimaMatty.  I like this game a lot but it's pretty much dead lol.

Offline sal_says

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2010, 10:30:34 PM »
It's also on psn.

if anyone wants to play, my psn is SimaMatty.  I like this game a lot but it's pretty much dead lol.

Add me on psn mine is l3m0ntun3
Let me know when you wanna play and I'll try and get in a few games with you.