When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: Tsukihime KnK Reference  (Read 12293 times)

Offline BurstOfAnger

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 13
  • Vatista's chest is 1 inch larger than Linne's
    • View Profile
Tsukihime KnK Reference
« on: February 07, 2009, 05:22:27 PM »

As you can see, the names Asagami, Fujyou and Ryougi have appeared in KnK before. Interesting, no?
Immortalize! 1st Clause! DIVIDE!

Waldstein is pronounced wa-REN-shu-tain. French Bread trollin'.

Offline abitofBaileys

• zzz
  • Germaniac
  • Magic Circuits: 159
    • View Profile
Re: Tsukihime KnK Reference
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2009, 06:08:36 PM »
Well, that's not new to me. Same author, same universe.

Offline ShinMasaki

• Loremaster
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 81
  • 真先生 demands attention
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2009, 06:38:12 PM »
Not very interesting. All three series (KnK, Tsukihime, FSN) are all linked to one another.

It also says, in that line, that the four families there are distant relatives to one another. In other words Ryougi Shiki and Tohno (Nanaya) Shiki are related. Makes the possibility of having two wielders of the Mystic Eyes of Death Perception seem a little more believable, given that the whole thing is a fictional story or course.

If you watch the KnK movies, in Garan no Dou (movie 4) Ryougi goes to see Azaka in Anernerbe (the coffee shop frequented in the Tsukihime game). That's what I thought was interesting, I didn't realize that the KnK town was that close to the Tsukihime town...(i don't know if they name the two cities, i can't remember).

I want to know how far away Fuyuki City is from there, how close FSN was happening to everything.
Common Sense?! In My Touhous?! WHAT IS THE MEANING OF THIS!!!

Offline Sh1k1

• Vigilant Blue
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 43
  • 「これが… モノを殺すと言うことだ…!」
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2009, 12:03:05 AM »
Tsukihime happens in Misaki Town, and as I understand it, I seem to recall Fuyuki being mentioned somewhere as a couple hours drive away from Misaki.
FGO Friend Code: 221252074

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Magic Circuits: 120
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2009, 01:31:49 AM »
Burst, that's actually pretty old news.  Evospace has had that info listed up in the Moonlit World Tsukihime Encyclopedia, specifically the section on Demons and Demon Hunters.  The encyclopedia there is easily the best quick reference for basically anything Tsukihime related.  You could say it's my bible...or maybe the cliff notes for my bible?

Anyway, relating to the subject of demon hunting families, did you know Hisui and Kohaku are related to the Fujyou family?  Not only does that make the Tohno Mansion home to one demon family and two separate demon hunter families, but it also signifies the twins being related to Kirie Fujyou, the ghost girl from KnK chapter 1.  Subtle connections like that make me giddy.  =>

Anyway, there's no doubt that Tsukihime and Kara no Kyoukai are pretty closely tied into each other.  Because of that, I don't really like how KnK is referred to as the "prototype for Tsukihime".  It's more like...the sister of Tsukihime.
<LoliSauce>   Yeah, so I live right in between an elementary school and a middle school about a block on each side of me
<Zar>      God loves you, Lolisauce
---
<Mauve>      [The Touhou fandom] are like the moe character equivalent of furries.

Offline BurstOfAnger

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 13
  • Vatista's chest is 1 inch larger than Linne's
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2009, 01:57:28 AM »
Yeah, I kinda knew that this news is old considering that Tsukihime has been played by so many people now. One of the reasons I posted this is to see if anyone could lead me to other places where I could see other references between the Nasuverses cos I'm a sucker for such things. Which is why I thank Loli :)
Immortalize! 1st Clause! DIVIDE!

Waldstein is pronounced wa-REN-shu-tain. French Bread trollin'.

Offline llama_egg

• Vigilant Green
  • Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 17
  • Zombiefication! Roar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2009, 03:02:46 AM »
but it also signifies the twins being related to Kirie Fujyou, the ghost girl from KnK chapter 1.  Subtle connections like that make me giddy.

Even though I consider myself fairly knowledgeable in Type-moon related subjects, that I didn't know  :V

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2009, 12:09:11 PM »
Glad to be of service.  I regularly go back and look up stuff I don't fully remember on Moonlit World, especially for things like my Type-Moon M:tG set.  Type-Moon is the one thing I am a super geek for.
<LoliSauce>   Yeah, so I live right in between an elementary school and a middle school about a block on each side of me
---
<Mauve>      [The Touhou fandom] are like the moe character equivalent of furries.

Offline llama_egg

• Vigilant Green
  • Spellcaster
  • Zombiefication! Roar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2009, 01:48:59 PM »

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2009, 05:45:29 PM »
Type-Moon M:tG set

...wut  :V
I have a thread for it, I just don't post often because I've been working on it infrequently lately.  I've been going through some rl craziness, so not as much time for my fun hobbies.  Maybe I'll post some stuff in there again soon.  I've been working on an Altrouge Brunstud concept art though, so it'll prolly have to wait until I'm satisfied with that.
---

Offline NinjaNero

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 26
  • Warblackia
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2009, 08:07:07 PM »
Nice fan art!
"I-P-C-O-N...'
"M?"
"No, N as in.."
"Oh, N, as in knife" "...yes..."

Offline MasterT

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2009, 05:16:04 PM »

I have a thread for it, I just don't post often because I've been working on it infrequently lately.  I've been going through some rl craziness, so not as much time for my fun hobbies.  Maybe I'll post some stuff in there again soon.  I've been working on an Altrouge Brunstud concept art though, so it'll prolly have to wait until I'm satisfied with that.

That was a good thread.

I miss it =(

Also, aren't KnK and Tsukihime alternate universes despite the numerous connections and relations between characters? I remember reading something along the lines of good ol' death eyes being limited to one person, therefor making them seperate universes? I'm not sure since information on anything Type Moon is horribly convoluted, between fan interpretation and official sources themselves. (NO SHIKI CAN'T SEE SERVANT LINES WELL MAYBE HE CAN YES HE CAN HE JUST COULDN'T UNDERSTAND THEIR DEATHS WELL MAYBE HE COULD IF HE CONCENTRATED NO HIS BRAIN WOULD SNAP FIRST HDDFKJDHFLISDUFIDSFUHLIAERUFHLIDFFD)

Offline ShinMasaki

• Loremaster
  • Magus Candidate
  • 真先生 demands attention
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2009, 07:20:39 AM »
It's not so much limited to one person, it's just that they don't know of anyone else who would have the same ability considering it is like the taboo of the Mystical Eye powers.

It would be troublesome for the series though if Shiki and Shiki were to meet, so Tohno Shiki is not allowed to go to Ahnenerbe in the main story as it is a frequent locale for Ryougi Shiki. It talks about that on the Tsukihime +Plus disc.

In Battle Moon Wars, they cross the Nasuverse cast. Fun little tactics game. Also in the All-Around Type-Moon series and also in the short manga by B-suke in Type-Moon Ace, they combine the entire Nasuverse crew, but I doubt you can really call that canon.

Offline llama_egg

• Vigilant Green
  • Spellcaster
  • Zombiefication! Roar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2009, 11:36:53 AM »
NO SHIKI CAN'T SEE SERVANT LINES WELL MAYBE HE CAN YES HE CAN HE JUST COULDN'T UNDERSTAND THEIR DEATHS WELL MAYBE HE COULD IF HE CONCENTRATED NO HIS BRAIN WOULD SNAP FIRST HDDFKJDHFLISDUFIDSFUHLIAERUFHLIDFFD)

Honestly, I really don't think it matters due to the fact in an interview asking about the power of the servants, it was mentioned the Shiki would only be able to defend against one, thus not having time to attack back  :V

It always seems people underestimate the power of the servants  :psyduck:

Offline Ultima66

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 16
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2009, 11:52:46 AM »
NO SHIKI CAN'T SEE SERVANT LINES WELL MAYBE HE CAN YES HE CAN HE JUST COULDN'T UNDERSTAND THEIR DEATHS WELL MAYBE HE COULD IF HE CONCENTRATED NO HIS BRAIN WOULD SNAP FIRST HDDFKJDHFLISDUFIDSFUHLIAERUFHLIDFFD)

Honestly, I really don't think it matters due to the fact in an interview asking about the power of the servants, it was mentioned the Shiki would only be able to defend against one, thus not having time to attack back  :V

Arcueid is still probably by far the strongest main character in Nasuverse regardless. I have no idea why people think Shiki is supposed to be really strong or something. He just happens to be able to kill normally immortal things, doesn't mean he can win against them in a fight.

Offline ShinMasaki

• Loremaster
  • Magus Candidate
  • 真先生 demands attention
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2009, 10:12:25 PM »

If it was the servants from Fate/Hollow and for whatever the hell reason, Shiki decided to go on a Servant killing spree...just walk up and Surprise! Stab...he could win. Really though, the only thing he's got going for him is his eyes (that and Shiki's harem that everyone brings up in BMW), he's not that much of a fighter, but his instincts are definitely good enough to keep him alive. If he switched to Nanaya mode, he could do a lot more damage with his eyes then.

Offline llama_egg

• Vigilant Green
  • Spellcaster
  • Zombiefication! Roar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2009, 11:28:34 PM »
Arcueid is still probably by far the strongest main character in Nasuverse regardless. I have no idea why people think Shiki is supposed to be really strong or something. He just happens to be able to kill normally immortal things, doesn't mean he can win against them in a fight

While Arc is strong, she is not the strongest character, at full power, she would be able to defeat most, if not all the Servants. But saying that, it's basically been said that all the Dead Apostle would be able to do the same thing. The strongest in all of Type-moon is ORT (Type-mercury) who's reality marble basically re-writes the very laws of the world. Though if we wanted to talk about more of a "human" form per-say, it would be Slash Emperor.

But of course, I've always been a fan of Type-Saturn. Hi, I'm a flying castle that drops fucking explosive crosses.

If it was the servants from Fate/Hollow and for whatever the hell reason, Shiki decided to go on a Servant killing spree...just walk up and Surprise! Stab...he could win. Really though, the only thing he's got going for him is his eyes (that and Shiki's harem that everyone brings up in BMW), he's not that much of a fighter, but his instincts are definitely good enough to keep him alive. If he switched to Nanaya mode, he could do a lot more damage with his eyes then.

If I'm not mistaken, in a 1 vs 1 battle against a Servant (not from /hollow though  :V ), Shiki would basically have to be in Nanaya mode to even defend, and even then, it would take pretty much his full concentration to be able to dodge/parry the attacks. But of course, throw luck into play, and he might,  as slim as a chance it might be, win the fight, but it would require the Servant to mess up.

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2009, 12:25:59 AM »
Shiki Nanaya mostly excels in battle through quick reaction and instinct, but really, the servants are superhuman variants of the greatest legends of all time.  No human could match that.  Even Ryougi would have trouble with that shit, and she has the highest level of mystic eyes, to the point where she could nullify their noble phantasms just by killing the attacks as they come at her.  Even with bullshit like that, she'd still lose, purely due to them being able to physically outmatch her.  Arc's in a class of her own.  Ether liners and A-rays and Aristotles...well...that's so far on the outskirts of connection to anything else in the Nasuverse that it's kind of pointless to compare them to it.  Aristotles are the embodiments of fucking planets.  They don't even really have the capacity to die.  It's...just dumb how strong they are, so of course ORT can rape anything.  For example, Type Jupiter was nullified by dicing his core in half by the slash emperor's ridiculous ether sword, and even just the act of it dying wiped a continent off the face of the planet (and killed the famed slash emperor, as well).  lol, it's a joke to compare that kind of destructive ability to characters from Tsuki or KnK or FSN.

Anyway, enough with this who's stronger business.

That was a good thread.

I miss it =(

Also, aren't KnK and Tsukihime alternate universes despite the numerous connections and relations between characters? I remember reading something along the lines of good ol' death eyes being limited to one person, therefor making them seperate universes? I'm not sure since information on anything Type Moon is horribly convoluted, between fan interpretation and official sources themselves. (NO SHIKI CAN'T SEE SERVANT LINES WELL MAYBE HE CAN YES HE CAN HE JUST COULDN'T UNDERSTAND THEIR DEATHS WELL MAYBE HE COULD IF HE CONCENTRATED NO HIS BRAIN WOULD SNAP FIRST HDDFKJDHFLISDUFIDSFUHLIAERUFHLIDFFD)
I'll bring it back eventually.  It's just that every time I look at it I'm unsatisfied with it as a whole and go about changing more shit for better or worse.  I need to get more creative with some of them, and try and tone down a lot of things prolly.

As far as alternate universes, I think that's all a bunch of bull.  There's enough significant connections, especially between KnK and Tsuki, to plainly see they're in the same world and whatnot.  Fate has less connections to the others, but there are still a couple loose ones.  Also, lol at Shiki's brain snapping just at understanding the death of a servant.  The only things he can't see the death of are things that he can't perceive as being able to live, such as mineral.  Servants to him would just be strong people, so why wouldn't he be able to understand their death just as he could a god-class vampire like Arc?
---

Offline llama_egg

• Vigilant Green
  • Spellcaster
  • Zombiefication! Roar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2009, 12:38:05 AM »
Don't forget, Slash Emperor actually killed Type-Saturn unless I'm horribly mistaken. 

And I agree, KnK, Tsuk, and Fate/ are all part of the same universe. I've always found the idea of them being "alternate" per-say complete idiocy. They all have loose connections to one another, and I honestly I'll eat my shoe if Nasu ever mentions it being otherwise.  :V

Offline Ultima66

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 16
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2009, 02:07:21 AM »
Arcueid is still probably by far the strongest main character in Nasuverse regardless. I have no idea why people think Shiki is supposed to be really strong or something. He just happens to be able to kill normally immortal things, doesn't mean he can win against them in a fight

While Arc is strong, she is not the strongest character, at full power, she would be able to defeat most, if not all the Servants. But saying that, it's basically been said that all the Dead Apostle would be able to do the same thing. The strongest in all of Type-moon is ORT (Type-mercury) who's reality marble basically re-writes the very laws of the world. Though if we wanted to talk about more of a "human" form per-say, it would be Slash Emperor.

But of course, I've always been a fan of Type-Saturn. Hi, I'm a flying castle that drops fucking explosive crosses.

Arcueid is still probably by far the strongest main character

I obviously did not mean ORT and such. They have never been important in a major T-M work as of yet, and likely won't be main figures in any works because they're just so powerful it's stupid to use them as a villain when realistically only another "god" could touch them. It's stated dead apostles are more impure true ancestors, and such should be weaker, and Arcueid is the most powerful true ancestor (considering she killed all the other ones). She also happens to have been the only one who had the power to actually manipulate someone else's reality marble that has been demonstrated (she used her phantasm to make Warachia materialize himself in Melty Blood). And she can survive mystic eyes of death perception, which regardless of whatever "Shiki can't understand the servants and can't kill them" stuff, assuming the "idea of the servant's existence" was destroyed, they would die, while Arcueid would not.

And I'm pretty sure that if she lost control of herself and became fully powered, she'd be much stronger than any current Dead Apostles. She only lost to Altrouge after Roa first made her go crazy, didn't she? At that point she was already using a lot of her potential to hold back her vampiric influences.

EDIT: By dead apostles I mean not ORT. I forgot he counted as a dead apostle, but he sort of doesn't belong on the list anyways, seeing as he's not a vampire and he's not even an earthly being.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2009, 03:03:32 AM by Ultima66 »

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2009, 08:35:59 AM »
Don't forget, Slash Emperor actually killed Type-Saturn unless I'm horribly mistaken. 

And I agree, KnK, Tsuk, and Fate/ are all part of the same universe. I've always found the idea of them being "alternate" per-say complete idiocy. They all have loose connections to one another, and I honestly I'll eat my shoe if Nasu ever mentions it being otherwise.  :V
Type Jupiter is the only Aristotle that Edem kills.  Saturn never dies.  In fact, Godo hits him head on with the fucking black barrel and all it does is make it change course and not destroy the city he lives in.  Slash emperor is already long dead by the time Saturn is roaming the earth destroying shit.  Saturn is most likely the strongest of all the Aristoteles, as he is the "leader" of sorts.  ORT is just the strongest being on earth during the time of Tsukihime, since he came to earth too early before the catastrophe and whatnot.

I obviously did not mean ORT and such. They have never been important in a major T-M work as of yet, and likely won't be main figures in any works because they're just so powerful it's stupid to use them as a villain when realistically only another "god" could touch them. It's stated dead apostles are more impure true ancestors, and such should be weaker, and Arcueid is the most powerful true ancestor (considering she killed all the other ones). She also happens to have been the only one who had the power to actually manipulate someone else's reality marble that has been demonstrated (she used her phantasm to make Warachia materialize himself in Melty Blood). And she can survive mystic eyes of death perception, which regardless of whatever "Shiki can't understand the servants and can't kill them" stuff, assuming the "idea of the servant's existence" was destroyed, they would die, while Arcueid would not.
Well, the way I always understood it was that Shiki cutting the line of something just brought on a physical death to it.  Since Arc is the one who teaches him how to see the points of origin rather than just the lines of death, he doesn't know to stab those until after he kills her.  It's stabbing those points that really causes the unmaking of a thing, which is the only way Nero was killed.  Nero wouldn't have died from a simple cut on his lines or anything like that.  So really, any being strong enough to regenerate from life threatening injuries would be able to survive a cut to their lines of death, but not even Arc herself could survive a stab to their point of origin.  But still, Arc is definitely the strongest being in all of Type-Moon outside of the Aristoteles.
---

Offline llama_egg

• Vigilant Green
  • Spellcaster
  • Zombiefication! Roar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2009, 12:16:48 PM »
Ah, my mistake, I thought it was Saturn that he kills, not Jupiter, my bad.

On a different note, if I'm not mistaken, Arc was actually defeated once, at 100% power, by Altrough Brunstead (Owner of Primate Murder), but if I recall correctly, her power is extremely unstable.

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2009, 11:14:38 PM »
Like Ultima mentioned a few posts up, Roa also played a part in her loss (who was practically a god in his original body), but yeah, Altrouge is nothing to scoff at.  She's not only a prophet who can foresee the deaths of other dead apostles, but she's a beast herself when she goes into her true form or whatever you wanna call it.  Plus, having a third of the most powerful dead apostles out there as her own personal entourage certainly helps as well.  She's one of the characters that I wish there was more exposure for, since she plays such an important role in the world of Tsukihime.  This is one of the many reasons why I wish Type-Moon would hurry up and put out with dat Tsukihime 2 already, since she'll be a big part in the revival of the Dark Six and all that mysteriousness.
---

Offline Tohno-san

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2009, 03:04:12 AM »

As you can see, the names Asagami, Fujyou and Ryougi have appeared in KnK before. Interesting, no?

:V I know it's late to say it, but...

IT'S HISUI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :fap: :fap: :fap:
You're not smart. You're not a doctor. You're not a scientist. You're not even a full time employee. Where did your life go so wrong!?
--- GLaDOS

Offline ShinMasaki

• Loremaster
  • Magus Candidate
  • 真先生 demands attention
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2009, 10:17:38 AM »

:V I know it's late to say it, but...

IT'S HISUI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :fap: :fap: :fap:
that made me lol