When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: [Results!] TYPE-MOON Character Ranking!  (Read 37681 times)

Offline Komidol

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 57
  • わが名は征服王コミドール!、この大会のたびにおいては、フル琥珀のクラスを得てげんかいした!
    • View Profile
    • The Kingdom of Biscotti
Re: [Vote!] TYPE-MOON Character Ranking!
« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2010, 07:10:09 AM »
1) Kohaku
 :fap: She's fun as hell and I want to sex her. Well, minus the Yandere part.

Stay the fuck away from mai waifu.  If you don't love all of her you don't deserve to mention her.

Well bro, Yanderes scare the shit outta me. U break up with her and she'll kill herself or stalk you into a corner for a double suicide. I like living tyvm.

My love is eternal.
GenericSuperHero: komidol's not a nerd, he's a visionary
AnFox: H-mech IS a character.
Exciel: It's 2011, use whoever the hell you want already. Fuck haters and relish the salty tears that drip from their skulls as you stand victorious.

Offline UNREAL BLACK THING

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 12
  • WTF does that even mean!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2010, 07:17:12 AM »
Hey man. Shit happens *shrugs*
... does it matter?

No. ALRIGHT LETS GO KICK ASS

Offline Komidol

• Magus
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2010, 07:21:39 AM »
Hey man. Shit happens *shrugs*

My love is eternal.
Exciel: It's 2011, use whoever the hell you want already. Fuck haters and relish the salty tears that drip from their skulls as you stand victorious.

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 28, 2010, 07:29:57 AM »
... does it matter?

Offline abitofBaileys

• zzz
  • Germaniac
  • Magic Circuits: 159
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 28, 2010, 08:18:01 AM »
lol you guys

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Magic Circuits: 120
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 28, 2010, 09:29:56 PM »
Komi - Tokiomi didn't split up his kids so that they could fight each other or something cruel like that.  Sakura and Rin were both born with a very unique and special elemental affinity - Rin had an affinity for all elements and Sakura had an affinity for the negative element.  Raising them together would mean that he wouldn't be able to grant a worthwhile dedication to fulfill each of their grand destinies, since he could only grant the family crest to one of his successors.  To prevent hindering their potential, he gave Sakura to a rival family so that she could rise to the full potential of that family, yet still allow Rin to rise to her full potential within the Tohsaka family.  

It's kind of a fucked up thing to do, but he did the best thing he could think of to secure a grand future for both children.  Too bad the rival family Sakura was given to happened to be the Matou family.  lol

Also, have you been reading Fate/Zero Komi?  Kotomine is a very different man from that perspective.  He is much more the nihilist.

Edit:
Btw, I didn't pick Altrouge based on power.  I picked her based on the entire premise of her character design.  She is one of the most interesting and important back-story characters in many aspects. 
« Last Edit: September 28, 2010, 09:34:32 PM by LoliSauce »
<LoliSauce>   Yeah, so I live right in between an elementary school and a middle school about a block on each side of me
<Zar>      God loves you, Lolisauce
---
<Mauve>      [The Touhou fandom] are like the moe character equivalent of furries.

Offline ShinMasaki

• Loremaster
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 81
  • 真先生 demands attention
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 28, 2010, 10:43:01 PM »
Btw, I didn't pick Altrouge based on power.  I picked her based on the entire premise of her character design.

She's a loli  
*truth*

:prinny:
Common Sense?! In My Touhous?! WHAT IS THE MEANING OF THIS!!!

Offline grandlordzero

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 15
  • ^ Still My EVO-Face
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 28, 2010, 11:29:59 PM »

Is there really a more amazing man, outside of the very person who killed him - Kotomine?  

Seemed to me like all Tokiomi did was drivel at Gil's feat the whole damn time and act like a pretentious faggot to the TRUE magnificent bastards, Kariya mother fucking Matou and Kotomine mother fucking Kirie. If Archibald and Tokiomi are both considered to be an incredible Magi, then its no wonder Kiritsugu has such and easy time killing dudes like them.  Granted, I haven't read book 4, but everything I've seen Tokiomi do has made him seem like a freaking joke to me. Especially his reliance on others without ever stopping to consider that they might be plotting against him. For Christs sakes, its the GRAIL WAR. Why in the HELL would you EVER trust another master to the extent that you believe that the only reason they are competing is to HELP YOU, AND NOTHING ELSE? Gil thinks hes a joke, Kotomine thinks hes a joke, Kariya thinks hes a scumbag monster that needs to die for putting sakura through hell, and I agree with all of them. Almost.

In regards to the Sakura issue, im going to give him the benifit of the doubt and assume that he didn't know that the Matou's would literally feed her to a swarm of fucking vag worms at such a young age in order to turn her into a magus. If he did though, then thats just more reason for me to hate him. Honestly, im glad the fucker dies. Rin doesn't need that jackass poisoning her mind as she grows up. Shes better off keeping her limited memories of him and remembering him as some grand, flawless magi she can aspire to, and eventually try to surpass, rather then having to grow up living with him and find out what a pathetic imbecile he is like Kotomine did.

I agree with just about everything else on your list, (specially Kotomine, and about how Azaka SHOULD HAVE BEEN IN MELTY INSTEAD OF FUCKING SEIFUKU AKIHA), but unless tokiomi does a shit-ton of stuff to redeem himself in book 4, putting him on that list for any reason other then appreciation of his flaws (the same reason I think Shinji is a great character, even though i hate his fucking guts) seems like an insult to the rest of the cast.

Please tell me he redeems himself in book 4. Aside from Archibald and Alba, I don't think I've ever seen another T-M character that I have such a huge distaste for. Maybe its just that Magus mentality they all share, I dunno. /shrug
« Last Edit: September 28, 2010, 11:32:38 PM by grandlordzero »
Why do I even bother going to EVO anymore.... D8

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 29, 2010, 12:18:25 AM »
Please tell me he redeems himself in book 4. Aside from Archibald and Alba, I don't think I've ever seen another T-M character that I have such a huge distaste for. Maybe its just that Magus mentality they all share, I dunno. /shrug

Spoilers - He basically just gets shanked.  lol
<LoliSauce>   Yeah, so I live right in between an elementary school and a middle school about a block on each side of me
---
<Mauve>      [The Touhou fandom] are like the moe character equivalent of furries.

Offline Komidol

• Magus
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 29, 2010, 06:23:29 PM »
Komi - Tokiomi didn't split up his kids so that they could fight each other or something cruel like that.  Sakura and Rin were both born with a very unique and special elemental affinity - Rin had an affinity for all elements and Sakura had an affinity for the negative element.  Raising them together would mean that he wouldn't be able to grant a worthwhile dedication to fulfill each of their grand destinies, since he could only grant the family crest to one of his successors.  To prevent hindering their potential, he gave Sakura to a rival family so that she could rise to the full potential of that family, yet still allow Rin to rise to her full potential within the Tohsaka family.  

It's kind of a fucked up thing to do, but he did the best thing he could think of to secure a grand future for both children.  Too bad the rival family Sakura was given to happened to be the Matou family.  lol

Also, have you been reading Fate/Zero Komi?  Kotomine is a very different man from that perspective.  He is much more the nihilist.

Edit:
Btw, I didn't pick Altrouge based on power.  I picked her based on the entire premise of her character design.  She is one of the most interesting and important back-story characters in many aspects.  

Lolisauce, Tokiomi didn't do it for the purpose of them fighting each other, he did say though that if they did wind up becoming each other's opponents he could think of nothing greater.  That's what I admire.  Which is why I said, he acted as a proper magus.  I'm not disagreeing with you, I just perhaps see him in a slightly different light.  I prefer to take Kotomine's character of an overall design - sure in his youth he's a lot more nihilistic but ultimately I like the person he turned into (as the main antagonist of f/sn).  Also, I don't think you would like Altrouge, from what I know of her she's quite a bitch to be honest.  She's important plot device character (much like Gilgamesh), but I don't see that character being anyone I would want to engage in any sort of relationship with (rivalry/friendship/romantic/enemies/business partners).  She's just sorta there.  

If Archibald and Tokiomi are both considered to be an incredible Magi, then its no wonder Kiritsugu has such and easy time killing dudes like them. 

Kiritsugu does not kill Tokiomi.  And I'll have you know of course I knew what happened to Sakura; which only makes Tokiomi more awesome in my opinion. 

Perhaps you are just too blinded by love for such a weak, helpless, soul-less bitch like Sakura to understand what a truly magnificent bastard Tokiomi was.  And there's nothing wrong with using a bit of social manipulation to achieve your ends in the grail war.  Infact, it's probably the most effective.

I'll have you know I have a Masters in Nasuology.  :teach:
« Last Edit: September 29, 2010, 06:30:16 PM by Suika★Ibuki »

Offline WYVERN LORD

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 59
  • dakishimetainoni
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 29, 2010, 07:07:16 PM »
1) Roa

long hair, fashionably unbuttoned clothing, some hot shit 

2) Rider

sweatergirls  :toot: :toot: :toot: :toot:

3) I've run out of characters that I like from the series/franchise/nasuverse/whatever bullshit you want to call it
a maiden's pure heart is a budding flower

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 29, 2010, 07:17:29 PM »
Altrouge is a leader to all the left wing branch of dead apostles, a rival to Ortenrosse who leads the right wing branch of dead apostles, and a enemy that even Arcueid would fear.  Not to mention it's sort of hinted that she worked with original Roa to drop Arc in the first place, which could mean they were allies.  She has relationships all throughout the backend of the story.  She's hardly "just there".  I kind of doubt that she's an unlikable super bitch either, with her closely knit entourage.  You don't have people you trust with your life like that without a high level of camaraderie.

Anyway, the best thing about Altrouge is the lack of hard knowledge on her.  Until Tsuki2 drops, my imagination pretty much has free reign to mold the little things into whatever I like best.  =>
---

Offline F9|Chibi

• Strongest Idiot
  • Magic Circuits: 136
  • portrait of eternal joy
    • View Profile
    • Pishi~
« Reply #37 on: September 29, 2010, 07:37:23 PM »
>:( Than don't vote, dude.  This is going on for over a month, I would happily give you the novels so you could actually learn what the characters were about more so than their tit size and hitboxes.  In that time you could probably play all of Tsuikihime and Fate/Stay Night.  

Dude, I will never play Tsukihime or Fate/Stay Night. At this point I'm casual (by the standards of many of you here) but I really don't see myself ever devoting time to sitting down for like 60 hours or whatever to read about characters I don't care for and never have. I know most of the story for both, enough that all the important stuff was spoiled for me years ago. I refuse to have to play through both Saber and Rin's paths just to play Sakura's (honestly I think that the notion of forcing you to do that is retarded, but that's a discussion for another day).

At this point I'm just purely visual and that's just how it is. I'm not dismissing anybody for enjoying the novels or the lore, but that's just not me. Maybe ten years ago, but not now man, sorry.
~*Hai! Back to Japan!

pishi.wordpress.com - Updated once a week~

Offline WYVERN LORD

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 59
  • dakishimetainoni
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 29, 2010, 08:06:54 PM »
Dude, I will never play Tsukihime or Fate/Stay Night. At this point I'm casual (by the standards of many of you here) but I really don't see myself ever devoting time to sitting down for like 60 hours or whatever to read about characters I don't care for and never have. I know most of the story for both, enough that all the important stuff was spoiled for me years ago. I refuse to have to play through both Saber and Rin's paths just to play Sakura's (honestly I think that the notion of forcing you to do that is retarded, but that's a discussion for another day).

At this point I'm just purely visual and that's just how it is. I'm not dismissing anybody for enjoying the novels or the lore, but that's just not me. Maybe ten years ago, but not now man, sorry.
real talk

I would have been all over this shit in eighth grade, now it reminds me of the retarded DC comics green lantern shit where's there's eight colors of lanterns and dozens of lanterns per color all engaged in war across alternate universes for the fate of cosmic destiny I just don't fucking know

btw these characters really aren't that interesting or special, yeah the designs can be pretty cool and all but I'm really just seeing cut-and-paste anime personalities with "dark," convoluted backgrounds, ehhh... just the two cents of a literature snob
a maiden's pure heart is a budding flower

Offline Komidol

• Magus
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 29, 2010, 11:03:18 PM »
>:( Than don't vote, dude.  This is going on for over a month, I would happily give you the novels so you could actually learn what the characters were about more so than their tit size and hitboxes.  In that time you could probably play all of Tsuikihime and Fate/Stay Night.  

This is chibi on Mott street after nearly 2 decades of anime.  
« Last Edit: September 30, 2010, 12:08:01 AM by Suika★Ibuki »

Offline mizuki

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 125
  • nasty
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 29, 2010, 11:37:47 PM »
And this is why we'll never be in Evo again.
what the fuck is this game

Offline woof

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 25
  • efz kof2k ah - the trinity of woof fgs
    • View Profile
    • MISCHIEF WORKSHOP
« Reply #41 on: September 29, 2010, 11:39:09 PM »
tihs is literally a thread

Offline Pete278

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 0
  • 翡翠ちゃんを愛しているよ~
    • View Profile
    • Bullet Punch
« Reply #42 on: September 29, 2010, 11:48:07 PM »
After reading this thread and ignoring the 'baww I cbf reading' (did you see what I did there?) posts, it occurred to me that I forgot the entirety of the Fate universe whilst writing my 6, and it should thus be ignored while I integrate Fate into my list. K thanks.

Offline sevalle

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 30, 2010, 04:29:05 AM »

Edit:
Btw, I didn't pick Altrouge based on power.  I picked her based on the entire premise of her character design.  She is one of the most interesting and important back-story characters in many aspects.  

Lolisauce, Tokiomi didn't do it for the purpose of them fighting each other, he did say though that if they did wind up becoming each other's opponents he could think of nothing greater.  That's what I admire.  Which is why I said, he acted as a proper magus.  I'm not disagreeing with you, I just perhaps see him in a slightly different light.  I prefer to take Kotomine's character of an overall design - sure in his youth he's a lot more nihilistic but ultimately I like the person he turned into (as the main antagonist of f/sn).  Also, I don't think you would like Altrouge, from what I know of her she's quite a bitch to be honest.  She's important plot device character (much like Gilgamesh), but I don't see that character being anyone I would want to engage in any sort of relationship with (rivalry/friendship/romantic/enemies/business partners).  She's just sorta there.  

If Archibald and Tokiomi are both considered to be an incredible Magi, then its no wonder Kiritsugu has such and easy time killing dudes like them.  

Kiritsugu does not kill Tokiomi.  And I'll have you know of course I knew what happened to Sakura; which only makes Tokiomi more awesome in my opinion.  

Perhaps you are just too blinded by love for such a weak, helpless, soul-less bitch like Sakura to understand what a truly magnificent bastard Tokiomi was.  And there's nothing wrong with using a bit of social manipulation to achieve your ends in the grail war.  Infact, it's probably the most effective.

I'll have you know I have a Masters in Nasuology.  :teach:

hahaha, the first thing all trolls claim to have.
btw, its so cliché trying to start a flame war with Sakura bashing, 4chan has done that millions of times over.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2010, 04:32:05 AM by sevalle »

Offline abitofBaileys

• zzz
  • Germaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 30, 2010, 09:24:04 AM »
... Chibi you do know I'm opening an Ahnenerbe restaurant café bar arcade meido shop when I finish my apprenticeship and have money?

Offline ShinMasaki

• Loremaster
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 81
  • 真先生 demands attention
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 30, 2010, 10:34:17 AM »
... Chibi you do know I'm opening an Ahnenerbe restaurant café bar arcade meido shop when I finish my apprenticeship and have money?

that sells Hisui doujins?
Common Sense?! In My Touhous?! WHAT IS THE MEANING OF THIS!!!

Offline Dark Pulse

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 32
  • Atashi-o dare da to omotteru no?
    • View Profile
    • Project2612
« Reply #46 on: September 30, 2010, 10:50:15 AM »
And Twin Len Plushies?

...Damn it, now I have to make a pilgrimage down there.
My mom never saw the irony in calling me a son of a bitch.

Offline abitofBaileys

• zzz
  • Germaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 30, 2010, 11:01:33 AM »

that sells Hisui doujins?

Did you say something?
« Last Edit: September 30, 2010, 11:05:34 AM by Rowanism »

Offline Dark Pulse

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 32
  • Atashi-o dare da to omotteru no?
    • View Profile
    • Project2612
« Reply #48 on: September 30, 2010, 11:37:55 AM »
I heard him murmur "Nice tits."

</stoolpigeon>
My mom never saw the irony in calling me a son of a bitch.

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 30, 2010, 12:50:36 PM »

:O
... does it matter?