When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: [Results!] TYPE-MOON Character Ranking!  (Read 37659 times)

Offline Pete278

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 0
  • 翡翠ちゃんを愛しているよ~
    • View Profile
    • Bullet Punch
Re: [Vote!] TYPE-MOON Character Ranking!
« Reply #50 on: September 30, 2010, 04:07:30 PM »
... Chibi you do know I'm opening an Ahnenerbe restaurant café bar arcade meido shop when I finish my apprenticeship and have money?
There is no emoticon to show what I am feeling.

Offline ShinMasaki

• Loremaster
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 81
  • 真先生 demands attention
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 30, 2010, 04:34:04 PM »
I heard him murmur "Nice tits."

</stoolpigeon>

It's a running thing from a few years back.You weren't on Melty Bread when that thread was going on. Basically, we were promised a Hisui doujin that never showed up, so a bunch of us repeat the "Where's our Hisui doijin?" specifically for Rowan.

Still waiting, btw.  :toot:

In hindsight, makes me realize I've been trolling around on this thread for years. I think thats an accomplishment.
Common Sense?! In My Touhous?! WHAT IS THE MEANING OF THIS!!!

Offline Dintrao

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 7
  • Momiji All Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 30, 2010, 04:55:02 PM »
I heard him murmur "Nice tits."

</stoolpigeon>

It's a running thing from a few years back.You weren't on Melty Bread when that thread was going on. Basically, we were promised a Hisui doujin that never showed up, so a bunch of us repeat the "Where's our Hisui doijin?" specifically for Rowan.

In hindsight, makes me realize I've been trolling around on this thread for years. I think thats an accomplishment.

I wasn't around for the Hisui doujin thread but I went back and read the thing a while back. So..... I'm waiting too  :prinny:
[4c 2c 623b] x ∞

Offline UNREAL BLACK THING

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 12
  • WTF does that even mean!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 30, 2010, 05:39:56 PM »
I dont think itll ever happen.
If its damn good it would only create a demand for MOAR.  :fap:
... does it matter?

No. ALRIGHT LETS GO KICK ASS

Offline F9|Chibi

• Strongest Idiot
  • Magic Circuits: 136
  • portrait of eternal joy
    • View Profile
    • Pishi~
« Reply #54 on: September 30, 2010, 06:00:39 PM »
What's an Ahnenerbe?
~*Hai! Back to Japan!

pishi.wordpress.com - Updated once a week~

Offline abitofBaileys

• zzz
  • Germaniac
  • Magic Circuits: 159
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 30, 2010, 07:24:29 PM »
It means "ancestor legacy" and it's a café in the Nasuverse that is able to connect all Nasuverse within itself. It's basically the meeting place for drama CDs and doujins etc. In All Around Type-Moon, Saber, Arcueid and Ryougi sit at one table, Nanaya's the waiter, Araya's the cook.

Offline Dintrao

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 7
  • Momiji All Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 30, 2010, 07:55:31 PM »
It means "ancestor legacy" and it's a café in the Nasuverse that is able to connect all Nasuverse within itself. It's basically the meeting place for drama CDs and doujins etc. In All Around Type-Moon, Saber, Arcueid and Ryougi sit at one table, Nanaya's the waiter, Araya's the cook.

I have a picture laying around somewhere with that exact scenario  :slowpoke:
[4c 2c 623b] x ∞

Offline Rokunaya

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 16
  • Keepin' it alive
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 30, 2010, 08:38:10 PM »

....So, put the people who want to kill people the most and make them handle the social relations/cooking instead of chilling back?

:slowpoke:
clmelty: great roku! lol / I like roku lol
clmelty: I want to make CL like roku team
clmelty: Roku is best popular player in the meltyworld

Offline Dark Pulse

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 32
  • Atashi-o dare da to omotteru no?
    • View Profile
    • Project2612
« Reply #58 on: September 30, 2010, 08:40:25 PM »

Of Hisui getting raped by Kouma, if my memory serves.

Maybe I wasn't here, but I can look things up.

If not, I just woke up, so I will blame it on that.

....So, put the people who want to kill people the most and make them handle the social relations/cooking instead of chilling back?

It could be worse. It could be Kohaku.

Or Hisui.
My mom never saw the irony in calling me a son of a bitch.

Offline Rokunaya

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 16
  • Keepin' it alive
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 30, 2010, 08:42:56 PM »

It could be worse. It could be Kohaku.

Or Hisui.

..Point taken. Good argument you have there, sir.  :V
clmelty: great roku! lol / I like roku lol
clmelty: I want to make CL like roku team
clmelty: Roku is best popular player in the meltyworld

Offline LivingShadow

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 55
  • Sanity is overrated
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: September 30, 2010, 08:48:56 PM »
That superhuman dexterity must help Nanaya in his waiter duties. I think he could also rock a suit about half as well as lancer did.

(edit: found a pic of him in one, not half bad. Too bad it's chibi-style. http://gelbooru.com/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=457403)

In terms of best cook, I presume that title would have to go to Shirou or Sakura. But apparently, Shiki's capable enough.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2010, 08:58:26 PM by LivingShadow »

Offline Pete278

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • 翡翠ちゃんを愛しているよ~
    • View Profile
    • Bullet Punch
« Reply #61 on: September 30, 2010, 11:05:40 PM »
Surely Kohaku's better than Shirou, at least.

Offline LivingShadow

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 55
  • Sanity is overrated
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 30, 2010, 11:11:57 PM »
Well, yeah, but she loses major points for the chances the food is drugged.

Offline Pete278

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • 翡翠ちゃんを愛しているよ~
    • View Profile
    • Bullet Punch
« Reply #63 on: October 01, 2010, 12:47:43 AM »
Unless you're a Tohno, I think you're exempt from her wrath, judging from the kindness she displays to Nrvnqsr in Melty and Kagetsu Tohya side stories, despite him being a world destroying vampire (YES I KNOW THEY'RE NOT REALLY CANON IN THIS CASE BUT I DON'T EVEN CARE).

Offline abitofBaileys

• zzz
  • Germaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 01, 2010, 03:29:49 AM »
Why is this so off topic now. :(

Offline Dark Pulse

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
    • Project2612
« Reply #65 on: October 01, 2010, 05:08:42 AM »
Don't worry Rowan, I'm about to put it back on.

1. Tohno Akiha

Oh come on. If you know me at all, you know this vote would be first. Why? Because in a lot of ways, Akiha is really the sort of person I think everyone would wish they have in their life, at some point or another. On the outside, rather bossy and sharp, but she uses this exterior to hide her pains, worries, and woes, and in the end, what she really wants is a very simple thing, yet it's generally denied to her. This, of course, doesn't even get into the problems she's had pushed onto her due to some other people, but in the end Akiha's a pretty simple person, in terms of what she actually wants - whether she gets that or not, is another matter entirely.

There's also the fact I've written a bloody story about her, but that's another tale for another time...

2. Kokutou Azaka

Take a good bit of Akiha, reduce the Ojou-sama quality, and turn up the attitude a fair bit more, and you mostly have Azaka. She's a hell of a hardworking person and she will be the sort of person who will fight tooth and claw for her friends. She's not the sort of type who would let people get hurt willingly, nor will she allow others to just do as they please if she thinks it's wrong. She also lives a more or less daily struggle due to her origin of "Taboo," which forces her to stray from the norms of society, and struggle with such conflicts that arise out of it, such has having a desire for her own brother. All in all, though, someone who may not be super-powerful, but who is very loyal.

3. Tohsaka Rin

An incredibly powerful magus for her time, and yet someone who is very much a self-sufficient woman and mostly raised herself since the age of six or seven. Forced to live two lives, in a way, due to her lineage, she almost never lets anyone get close to her and figure out her true abilities as a magus, because if they found that out it could be dangerous. She is a rare sort of person who tries to act like an Ojou-sama but fails rather miserably at it, being incredibly prone to dumb mistakes and constantly screwing up, but she is a very loyal, stubborn personality, and a very calculating mind, being highly effective in even the hairiest situations when given adequate time to prepare.

4. Yumizuka Satsuki

Sacchin. Everyone loves Sacchin. After Akiha, Sacchin is probably who I like second most out of the characters that actually have somewhat major roles in the plot of Tsukihime. (This may change if Choice #5 becomes a player, but we'll get to her next.) Sacchin is the sort of girl who really got very bad luck, but she's also the kind of person most people would like to have as a friend, someone who would make them feel nice and welcomed, and not being particularly mean or cruel to anybody. Probably the most popular "non-route" heroine (although I'm sure the Illya fans would disagree) so let's hope that the girl gets her route in the Tsukihime remake - and of course, considering all that happens to her, I'd say that she should at least get laid by the person who she wants to screw.

5. Altrouge Brunestud

I'll be honest... Altrouge absolutely intrigues the hell out of me. I have a hell of a lot of theories going on in my head about just who she is, what she stands for, and so on. I think there is a lot of the Black Princess that we really don't know about, hiding under that cold surface and veneer. The one thing I can say about her, is that there is definitely more to her than meets the eye, and of course, like all of Gaia's weapons, she is rather beautiful. The fact that she is half True Ancestor and half Dead Apostle means that her life is probably even more of a struggle than Akiha's - simultaneously having to deal with the fact that she is supposed to be protecting the planet and yet she is also dependent on humans for food, which would make a story with her very, very interesting, wouldn't you say?

6. Ryougi Mana

Probably a surprising choice, but Mana actually reminds me *A LOT* of how I was as a kid. Incredibly intelligent, well beyond her physical age. Well-read and loves to read. "Precocious" would be a good word to describe her. Mana is the sort of person who will not judge you for your appearance, your background, your past... none of that would matter very much to her. What would matter is your character, who you are and what you believe in. Despite this, she's not stupid, either - she'll be able to tell when you're trying to use her, and she'd get quite mad if treated just like a child. Clearly a case of someone having an old soul, a soul they feel is older than their physical body - something I can agree with, as to this day, I feel "mentally" 5-10 years older in terms of how I think of the world, as opposed to those in my age group.

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Magic Circuits: 120
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 01, 2010, 05:22:14 AM »
I already gave my top 6, so what else can I say but off topic shit like:

<LoliSauce>   Yeah, so I live right in between an elementary school and a middle school about a block on each side of me
<Zar>      God loves you, Lolisauce
---
<Mauve>      [The Touhou fandom] are like the moe character equivalent of furries.

Offline It is a mystery.

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 01, 2010, 09:38:55 AM »
1. Ryougi. I'm gonna try keep this really short because it's basically the same reasons Lolisauce said.
2. Warachia. (Or however you want to spell it) The guy is probably the closest a anime vampire/phenomenon has ever got to being "scary", his voice actor in Melty is epic too.
3. Aoko. I wish i knew more about this character, all i've right now is lazers and red hair, but that's good enough for me.
4. Roa. My friends think he's cheap so he's trolling on Hazama levels now.
5. Ciel. She'll outlive anyone she knows or loves and also has a horrifying past. but she still trying to make the best of things, that takes some balls. Let's not forget the glasses.
6. Takumi. He put AKIHA in her place! I mean seriously, who can do that. (Yeah i couldn't think of anyone else so there)

Offline abitofBaileys

• zzz
  • Germaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 01, 2010, 09:52:55 AM »
I already gave my top 6, so what else can I say but off topic shit like:

Man, you made my day. I was kinda down from work but now I'm feeling really happy. Thanks.

(btw this is supposed to be Nanako)
« Last Edit: October 01, 2010, 12:08:58 PM by Rowanism »

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Magic Circuits: 120
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 01, 2010, 06:35:14 PM »
5. Ciel. She'll outlive anyone she knows or loves and also has a horrifying past. but she still trying to make the best of things, that takes some balls. Let's not forget the glasses.
I like that your reasoning for Ciel is basically "She has balls.  Also glasses."  But you forgot the no homo.

Man, you made my day. I was kinda down from work but now I'm feeling really happy. Thanks.

(btw this is supposed to be Nanako)
;o  Honestly, it was more of a by-chance thing.  I was looking for the link to your blog in your profile and I saw "oh right, it's his birthday!" so figured I'd throw a little something out there.  Glad it worked.  (btw, your Nanako is so shiny and adorable!)
<LoliSauce>   Yeah, so I live right in between an elementary school and a middle school about a block on each side of me
<Zar>      God loves you, Lolisauce
---
<Mauve>      [The Touhou fandom] are like the moe character equivalent of furries.

Offline Dark Pulse

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
    • Project2612
« Reply #70 on: October 01, 2010, 06:55:48 PM »
The world really needs more Nanako art. I don't see nearly enough of her, at all.

So I'll be saving that one.

Offline abitofBaileys

• zzz
  • Germaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 01, 2010, 07:14:23 PM »
By chance-livesaver? I think that somehow works. And now back to topic lol

Offline AM2

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 08, 2010, 04:22:53 PM »
Happy birthday Rowan. (late birthday, I mean. Sorry.  :psyduck:) Where's that Hisui doujin? j/k

1. Ryougi Shiki
She got my attention the moment I saw her for the first time in the first KnK movie. Her kimono+jacket combo is awesome. Her character development is well done(her two personalities, losing one, living on with the other, eventually wanting to live a normal life with Mikiya), and she's cute. What's even cuter about her is that she doesn't try to be attractive. She just has that charisma. She can own your ass for free with her powers to see death like Tohno/Nanaya Shiki can, but she has a very better control over hers. She's also my main in MBAA.

2.Tohsaka Rin
My favorite heroine from F/SN. While Saber and Sakura are also cool, there's something about Rin that gets to me. Mainly, it has to be that she plays hard to get. She gives an appearance of a 'perfect ojou-sama' type, but is actually clumsy. But she makes up for it with her skill in magic. Being the girl you get with in UBW, my favorite route(haven't finished HF yet, but I'm indifferent about that one anyway) also adds onto my reasons she is on my list. Rin IMHO is the one girl I can see Shirou being with work out the most. Also, she's so damn hot, like the magic she uses with her jewels.  :fap:

3. Yumizuka Satsuki
Sacchin is another favorite mainly because she deserves better luck, but never gets it in Tsukihime. And also almost got a route. She's also fun to play as in MB, especially when one looks in her movelist in-game, her throwdown specials are named "Reach for the Dream" or something to that effect, and I think that's awesome. It really fits with her position in the storyline, a girl who had a thing for Shiki that was never resolved, became a powerful vampire who got killed off by the same guy she loved. Poor Sacchin, I'll always love you, because you deserve it and Shiki never could.  :fap:

4. Emiya Shirou
Mr. "People die when they are killed", "I am the bone of my sword", and eternal house husband. He is on my list because he's a character I can connect with, mainly in relation to his "I'll put everyone else first before me" mentality. You can't blame him. His family and town he first lived in was burned down to the ground, with him being the only survivor. He gets rescued by Kiritsugu, learns he's a mage, wants to be a mage and save people like he did. But that goes too far, and behold we have Heroic Spirit Emiya, best known simply as Archer.

In F/SN, Archer detests Shirou mainly because Archer is Shirou from the future of  Shirou still living with his 'contradiction' of an ideal after the 5th Holy Grail War, an unhappy man who is charged with cleaning up behind others' sins as a Counter Guardian. This goes to an extreme in the Unlimited Blade Works route, when is is revealed that Archer's main aspiration is to kill Shirou in order to not exist, but seeing at this point the two are completely different existances, Archer just wants to beat up the guy who believes in the ideals that made his life a living hell. This is why I like Shirou's character. Another example of a person fighting their own personal demons or in this case, the future version of himself that wants him dead.

I also like the Unlimited Blade Works reality marble he has. Why does everyone forget he has it too? Oh wait, that fucked up anime adaptation, that's why. GAR is mostly said to be invented by Archer, but Shirou is where he came from, so yeah. UBW is the result of Shirou living only as a figurative 'weapon' for others, being able to summon and use projected/traced copies of Noble Phantasms, which relates to him being called a 'hack of a magus'. Again, not his fault. He had a lot of Magic Circuits when he was younger. Kiritsugu just made sure he never activated them, leading to Shirou doing the dangerous makeshift method he used in the Fate route up till Tohsaka helps him out properly in Unlimited Blade Works. And then there's his relationship with Ilya, that asshole Matou Shinji and so on.

So, in short, Shirou is a interesting character with great skills, both on and off the battlefield. But that still won't save him from being the doormat to the rest of the entire cast of F/SN or probably even entire Nasuverse, via Dead Ends or just getting smashed on because he's Shirou. Poor Shirou...

5. Aoko Aozaki
Miss Blue herself, Aoko is on my list because of her personality, her rocking long red hair and her cute phrases when fighting in MB. "Yayayayayaya!!!" "Sugoi Sugoi!" indeed. Can't wait for Witch on the Holy Night so I can learn more about her backstory and why Touko hates her so much. How can she? Aoko is over 9000% independent, sexy, awesome woman.  :fap: She should be proud of her sister at least.

6. Hisui AND Kohaku
This was a hard one, so I chose both Hisui and Kohaku like how you can in MB. MINDGAMES, son.
Hisui is a cute, socially awkward and nice maid who's loyal  to Shiki, who is fortunately respectful and grateful to her back.  I also played as her in MBAC, but having trouble in AA. I wish I can help her learn how to cook...

Kohaku is a troubled, yandere, but oh so enjoyable to be around lady. I'm way behind on Tsukihime(still on Arc route, lol), but she is a very deep and interesting character. Plus, she's boss in half moon in MBAA. Evo 2010 grand finals: suddenly, H-Kohaku mirror matches everywhere!!!

Honorable mention: Caster(Medea), Rider(Medusa, F/SN), Ciel, Lancer(F/SN), Bazette

I also have a thing for Caster because of her backstory involving being cheated on, since then never trusting men until meeting Souchirou, who's very supportive of her. She falls in love with him later on, and so does Souchirou love Caster, but if mess with her the wrong way, prepared to get rocked by top-tier level magic with instant activation! She is also cute to me too, good enough to considered a MILF even, seeing as she wants to be a wife to Souchirou.  :fap:

Rider is an awesome big sister type who I would love to be a little brother to. Her love for books like I love books and being naturally seductive get to me also.  :fap: She's nice if you're nice, even though she's Shinji's servant for a little while, she is a nice lady to Shirou at least.

Ciel is another honorable mention. Likes to eat curry, wears glasses, knows some kungfu, and  things already mentioned by others are what keep me looking at danbooru hoping to see more of her.  :fap:

Lancer for reasons already stated by everyone else. Homie deserved more screentime in F/SN.

Bazette is another awesome cute big sister type I would love to be a little brother too. Plus I like the female hand-to-hand fighter type. A LOT.  :fap:

This was hard to do, I have a lot of favorites in Nasuverse...
« Last Edit: October 09, 2010, 12:33:21 AM by AM2 »
Arguing on which FF game is best doesn't make sense to me.  It feels like you might as well be picking out who's the best schoolyard ball player of the kids who didn't get picked for either team.

Offline It is a mystery.

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 10, 2010, 03:05:25 PM »
How is Altrouge not on my list? Fuck Takumi.

Offline academico

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 2
  • n00b
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 10, 2010, 04:10:34 PM »
1- Hisui (rape)

2- Arihiko (because i want he will become playable in MB)

3- Sion Eltnam Atlasia ( :fap:)

4- Shiki Nanaya

5- Arcueid Brunestud

6- Saber
Argentina MB fighter