hentai
When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: Valkyrie Profile DS  (Read 3151 times)

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Magic Circuits: 120
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
Valkyrie Profile DS
« on: April 01, 2009, 02:04:56 AM »
So is it actually any good, or has Squeenix finally destroyed the only amazing series they have left?
<LoliSauce>   Yeah, so I live right in between an elementary school and a middle school about a block on each side of me
<Zar>      God loves you, Lolisauce
---
<Mauve>      [The Touhou fandom] are like the moe character equivalent of furries.

Offline ShinMasaki

• Loremaster
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 81
  • 真先生 demands attention
    • View Profile
Re: Valkyrie Profile DS
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2009, 06:51:51 PM »
Squeenix finally destroyed the only amazing series they have left

probably
Common Sense?! In My Touhous?! WHAT IS THE MEANING OF THIS!!!

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2009, 10:10:44 PM »
Well, to be fair, it'd be TriACE screwing up the only amazing series they have left, but I like to redirect any hatred I can towards Squeenix.

Still, I want to know more about the game, since what little I've gleaned from the official site isn't all that impressive.
<LoliSauce>   Yeah, so I live right in between an elementary school and a middle school about a block on each side of me
---
<Mauve>      [The Touhou fandom] are like the moe character equivalent of furries.

Offline dzdoom

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 0
  • NOW YOU FACE DOOM!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2009, 01:41:46 PM »
Valkyrie profile Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Offline Kelong

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2009, 12:13:47 AM »
It's too easy.

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2009, 12:40:54 AM »
It looks like poop after I've had a chance to see more of it.  I'm disappointed.  TriACE is no longer the developer I worship.  Not after ruining one of my all-time favorite franchises.

On to Flight Plan, the newly born king of action rpg (that Shining Force Feather is looking soooo sexy).
---

Offline Van_Artic

• Vigilant White
  • Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 6
  • Haters Gonna Hate
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube page
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2009, 07:19:06 AM »
despite i played Valkyrie Profile 2 (and liked it) i never tried the first one XD
<Zelretch> i would pay for a Kouma bedsheet
<Zelretch> seriously i wouldnt mind sleeping with PURE MASCULINITY

<ehrik> does ckouma have any hype combos <setrajonas> 2aaa <ehrik> damn that combo <ehrik> is too hard <ehrik> do you have anything easier

Offline MasterT

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2009, 09:08:25 AM »
So is it actually any good, or has Squeenix finally destroyed the only amazing series they have left?

Front Mission says hi.

Although we didn't get 5 and instead got the shitty DS port that they flat out lied about updating from the SNES version.

Fuckers.

Well, to be fair, it'd be TriACE screwing up the only amazing series they have left, but I like to redirect any hatred I can towards Squeenix.

There isn't much to shit on since the only really good games from their two series are Star Ocean 2 and Valkyrie Profile.

Sadly Star Ocean: Blue Sphere, the game boy color spinoff of SO2, is better than the rest of the Star Ocean games.

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2009, 01:36:40 PM »

Front Mission says hi.

Although we didn't get 5 and instead got the shitty DS port that they flat out lied about updating from the SNES version.

Fuckers.

There isn't much to shit on since the only really good games from their two series are Star Ocean 2 and Valkyrie Profile.

Sadly Star Ocean: Blue Sphere, the game boy color spinoff of SO2, is better than the rest of the Star Ocean games.

Sadly, I only have limited Front Mission experience.  Its one of those ones that I wanted to get into but never ended up getting the chance to.  Star Ocean I've never really enjoyed as a series.  Action RPGs tend to grate on me, though VP is one of my all time favorites.  Also, I approved of VP2, though it was still inferior to the original.
---

Offline MasterT

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2009, 02:07:56 PM »
I'd recommend Front Mission 3 for PS1 or if you have a way to play it the Front Mission 5 fan translation is almost complete.

But yeah, VP2 wasn't bad, but SO2 and VP1 are the classic "I hope tri-aces new game is as good as those" games, even though I haven't really liked anything they put out since.

They even fucked up the SO1 and 2 ports.

Offline Alfonse

• Vigilant Pink
  • Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 22
  • Azu-nyan~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2009, 07:50:10 PM »
SE needs to resurrect either the Threads of Fate/Dewprism or Chrono franchise.  :psyduck: Preferably the former.
Keyboard crusher who couldn't pull off a proper BNB.