hentai
When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: Well, it's that time again  (Read 58933 times)

Offline MagnusXL

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 6
  • j.C Artist
    • View Profile
Re: Well, it's that time again
« Reply #50 on: February 26, 2010, 08:01:29 PM »
I hate you Loli. This thread makes me feel all warm and fuzzy.

Today I re-defeated Romancing SaGa 3 and Super Metroid (not saying much, the game is short as hell).

I'm also hitting up Ebay for the various Working Designs games I haven't played.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2010, 08:03:10 PM by MagnusXL »
Honorary BC Player.

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Magic Circuits: 120
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 27, 2010, 02:11:42 AM »
Sweet. :D Motoh's classes end on 3/20, so we were looking at some point after that. I just need to know about 2 weeks in advance so I can request the week off work. I have the vacation time saved up already. :V
Aight, sounds good.  I don't have any vacation time right now, but my weekends are always free, so it's good.  Btw, as long as you have a ps2, I can get you hooked up with a melty setup.  I know you like to hate, but if I could get you the game, would you play?

Lolisauce: You should try Front Mission 3/5 since you seem to like SRPGs.
Yo, funny you should mention that.  Back in the day I used to play the FM3 demo ALL THE TIME.  I wanted that game so bad.  By the time I had the money to get it though, I had forgotten about it and jumped onto some other game.  I should look em up for sure, cuz 3 had some pretty dope mechanics.  Good shit bringing that up.

Also Dracula's giant undulating bat penis attack is bullshit and I couldn't figure out a way to not die if he does it.  Basically the only strategy for living through Dracula's second form that my buddy and I could figure out was just to kill him before he could do his undulating bat penis thing and rape you.  Were we missing something or was he really just designed that poorly?
I thought Eccelsia was the best of the DS castlevanias.  Best protagonist (Soma comes close) and it was 100x more challenging than the others.  Anyway, I dunno what attack you're referring to but they're all dodgeable, some less obvious than others.  I know one of them you had to stand near him and crouch, maybe that's the one you're talking about?  In any case, 2nd form Dracula was a bitch.  One hit from most of his attacks meant death in my experience, haha.

Anyway I'll probably get ragged on for bad taste but w/e.  Games I like to replay from time to time are:

-Mario RPG (My favorite game due to the amount of nostalgia I have associated with it.)
-Viewtiful Joe
-Megaman X1
-Secret of Evermore (I'm minority on this but I found this way more enjoyable than the other Mana games.  Also the music is amazing)
-Earthworm Jim (New Junk City is probably my favorite vg song ever, lol)
Wow, Earthworm Jim and Viewtiful Joe?  Nice!  Good ass games.  Also, Megaman X was the first MM game I actually owned.  I used to run that game in an hour flat with how much I played it back then, haha.  That's prolly no speed run, but for a person like me who wasn't good with platformers, it was certainly a memorable feat.

Also that sweet spot you guys are talking about for the giant stream of bats was the first thing I tried to do, but I guess I kept getting too close or too far.  I dunno how I forgot about the shield glyph.  Makes me lol thinking that's all I had to do.

<3 this thread. I am usually a Sega junkie so I play alot of my old Genesis games. Liiiiiiiiiike...

Shinobi 3 - Return of the Ninja Master
 :blah: :blah: :blah:

So, why do YOU need to play this game: Because its serious business.
Lol shin.  I shoulda known you'd pop up with Shinobi 3.  You pimpin it too hard though man.  lol

I hate you Loli. This thread makes me feel all warm and fuzzy.

Today I re-defeated Romancing SaGa 3 and Super Metroid (not saying much, the game is short as hell).

I'm also hitting up Ebay for the various Working Designs games I haven't played.
What can I say?  That's what I do.  I bring out the latent hype.  If life was an RPG, I'd be that well rounded character that has a passive team buff aura.  Everything around me gets hype+2.  lol

Also, I somehow forgot that there's one other RPG that I've played through a number of times - Breath of Fire 3.  I'm a little disappointed that not a single BoF title has popped up in here yet.  3's customization through masters and dragon gene combination system were godlike.  It actually gave it a bit of replay value.
<LoliSauce>   Yeah, so I live right in between an elementary school and a middle school about a block on each side of me
<Zar>      God loves you, Lolisauce
---
<Mauve>      [The Touhou fandom] are like the moe character equivalent of furries.

Offline MagnusXL

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 6
  • j.C Artist
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 27, 2010, 09:29:46 AM »
If life was an RPG, I'd the annoying glass cannon character that talks too much. lol

I never mentioned BoF3 because I haven't played it since I was about twelve. I've been meaning to play the PSP version I have, but I never got around to it because of Melty. BoF4 was also really good.

1 and 2 were pretty standard as far as RPGs go, Dragon Quarter was pretty weird. I liked to a degree, but I don't really consider it a Breath of Fire title.
Honorary BC Player.

Offline Ice Queen Lotus

• Career Advisor
  • Nrvnqsr Chaos
  • Magic Circuits: 213
  • you're sick, sick as all the secrets that you deny
    • View Profile
    • 神曲
« Reply #53 on: February 27, 2010, 03:47:01 PM »
Aight, sounds good.  I don't have any vacation time right now, but my weekends are always free, so it's good.  Btw, as long as you have a ps2, I can get you hooked up with a melty setup.  I know you like to hate, but if I could get you the game, would you play?

I don't like to hate. :p And I'd appreciate the hookup, especially now that I've got a stick. I only have AC to practise on.
there's someone inside me that softly kills everyone around
they don't know they're dead to me 'cause intent never makes a sound

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 27, 2010, 04:57:04 PM »
Aight, sounds good.  I don't have any vacation time right now, but my weekends are always free, so it's good.  Btw, as long as you have a ps2, I can get you hooked up with a melty setup.  I know you like to hate, but if I could get you the game, would you play?

I don't like to hate. :p And I'd appreciate the hookup, especially now that I've got a stick. I only have AC to practise on.
Good shit.  If memory serves correct, you'll need a memcard with around 2.3k space free.

And yeah Magnus, I never played dragon quarter.  I knew a lot about it, but it just didn't really sound like something I'd be interested in.
<LoliSauce>   Yeah, so I live right in between an elementary school and a middle school about a block on each side of me
---
<Mauve>      [The Touhou fandom] are like the moe character equivalent of furries.

Offline Ice Queen Lotus

• Career Advisor
  • Nrvnqsr Chaos
    • View Profile
    • 神曲
« Reply #55 on: February 28, 2010, 08:59:33 AM »
Motoh already loaded something on my card, Free McBoot I think.

Offline motoh

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 20
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 28, 2010, 09:02:40 AM »
^

All she needs is the actual game and ESR.

~M

Offline HRGS|忍

• Niggaboo
  • Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 46
  • All of the Lights in the Sky Are Stars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 28, 2010, 03:49:46 PM »
Sin and Punishment (Tsumi to Batsu)

- I only heard about this game from a song I heard online (Agave) and a few requests of a foreign game to play on N64. I must say, this game is pretty damn awesome. I am a fan of railgun/scroll shooters and this one is one of the best for its time. Great music and gameplay. And fandubbing is kinda alright too...

...oh wait, JP did that? NO EFFIN' WAAAAAAY!! Yes, the entire game is english dubbed on release in Japan with JP subtitles. Insane, I know.

So, why do YOU need to play this game: So uh...protect the Earth from Earth? Gdlk.

Black people vs. underage looking bitches at Evo - 9-1.
Me: "Show me ya papers!"
Jaxx: "Bitch, you illegal as fuck."
...and never forget. OTG STDs.  Check Akiha's Tea Room for updates on the Donjon Network 2nd Phase live action radio show!

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 28, 2010, 05:02:39 PM »
^

All she needs is the actual game and ESR.

~M
Oh, okay.  Sounds good.
---

Offline Tiggy

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 14
  • loli elbow drop
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 01, 2010, 11:55:18 AM »
Hi LoliSauce

The one game that I come back and play every so often is Dragonball Z Legends.  Not much I can really say aside from the fact that the game is AWESOME.

So, why do YOU need to play this game: It's better than Tenka'ichi Bootycakes and whatever other installments Atari made.

...sorry for stealing your line Shinobi.
<LegendaryBlueShirt> Lol poverty plane would be paper mache wings on a car

<LoliSauce> If life was an RPG, I'd be that well rounded character that has a passive team buff aura.  Everything around me gets hype+2.  lol

Offline Dark Pulse

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 32
  • Atashi-o dare da to omotteru no?
    • View Profile
    • Project2612
« Reply #60 on: March 02, 2010, 03:39:39 AM »
Not only have I played that game, it was the first game I ever imported back in like 2001.

I even wrote a FAQ for it that's now sadly long lost. But yeah, the game was damn awesome.

I remember Stage 6 being a bitch if you wanted a 100 Z-Score...
My mom never saw the irony in calling me a son of a bitch.

Offline Level 0

• Midboss
  • Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 0
  • Mash A!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 03, 2010, 01:00:40 AM »
Man, these games are all pretty badass.  Castlevania 3 I never really got into, even though I revisit the very original every couple of years.  I love the Metroidvanias, and have played pretty much every Castlevania ever - just not to completion.  It's my greatest failing, one Lolisauce picks at whenever I tell him I'm playing the games below.

Crystalis.  The game was just made really well, and really forces the player to approach the game like a puzzle.  Just don't play the raped/beaten/abused/molested/deflowered/left-dead-in-a-ditch Game Boy Color version.  The only real complaint anyone can have is that some monsters can't even be hurt unless you hit the required experience level, to which I say - wtf slow down, this game is meant to be enjoyed, not swallowed.  Seriously, I hit the level cap two dungeons before the end and I skipped an entire required dungeon by accident.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1xmB79Sn4M (This guy gets handled a lot for someone doing a walkthrough)

Kid Icarus.  It's shameful that I keep playing this game over and over, but I love it so much.  It's got action, it's got platforming, it's got dungeons to get lost in, and it has the two most annoying enemies in history - that screaming witch and the Eggplant Wizard.

Megaman 2.  Pure rose-colored glasses.  This game isn't really that amazing, I just know it by heart since it's the first MM I ever played and it's design is only (r)aped in every version after it, instead of improved upon like the Metroidvanias.

Vectorman gets an honorable mention, even though I don't replay it yearly.  Megaman + the ability to shoot up?  :fap:

I've been wanting to revisit Viewtiful Joe, also, but it's hard when I want to play Godhand even more.  If you told me two years ago that another action game would dethrone VJ for me, I would have slapped you.

Edit: ALMOST FORGOT.

METAL SLUG! 2!
« Last Edit: March 03, 2010, 01:05:03 AM by Level 0 »
I have much to learn.  Evidently I'm one of the few F-Kouma's in the west?  If I get good enough, maybe I can make people see why I like him.

Lolisauce: this is why I'm a loli's best friend
Lolisauce: I bring warmth and fuzziness Lolisauce: and occasionally penis

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 03, 2010, 06:54:00 AM »
Edit: ALMOST FORGOT.

METAL SLUG! 2!
Yo, thinking about it, it's been a while since we rampaged through Metal Slug 2 again.  The rambo train was in 2 right?  I know I ask every time, but somehow I always get things mixed up between 2 and 3.  =\
---

Offline Level 0

• Midboss
  • Jr. Spellcaster
  • Mash A!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 03, 2010, 12:51:46 PM »
Yeah, the train is in 2.  That stage is so fun, bikers below and jets above.  MS3 is awesome, too, but I've always loved 2 more because even though it's hard, it's not impossible to one coin.  All of the other ones has at least one boss that has a pattern that seems impossible to avoid.

MS3 is definitely a close second, though.  It just takes everything awesome about 2 and blows it the hell up.  Plus that last boss is so amazing.

Damn, I'm bringing my Wii next time we hang out.  I wanna play those now.
I have much to learn.  Evidently I'm one of the few F-Kouma's in the west?  If I get good enough, maybe I can make people see why I like him.

Offline Ice Queen Lotus

• Career Advisor
  • Nrvnqsr Chaos
    • View Profile
    • 神曲
« Reply #64 on: March 03, 2010, 03:54:19 PM »

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 04, 2010, 04:22:23 AM »
MS3 is definitely a close second, though.  It just takes everything awesome about 2 and blows it the hell up.  Plus that last boss is so amazing.
Did someone just say to knife some brains?  Cuz I think someone just said to knife some brains.

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff280/bluemoonsasha/sale/panel.jpg

MELTY SLUG 4 LET'S DO IT
Is 4 the one with that fucking monkey transformation that's random as hell?
---

Offline Ice Queen Lotus

• Career Advisor
  • Nrvnqsr Chaos
    • View Profile
    • 神曲
« Reply #66 on: March 04, 2010, 07:59:15 AM »
I think you turn into babies on the last level or something. :psyduck:

Offline Level 0

• Midboss
  • Jr. Spellcaster
  • Mash A!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 04, 2010, 11:02:48 AM »
MS4 is the one where you turn into monkeys, and Tarma and Eri were replaced by some other guys that aren't even relevant in the MS series anymore.  This should help you remember it better, though, Lolisauce -

MS4 is the one with the escape ending that I always fail.

Maybe I should play that one more so I can not be so lame when that pops up, but I didn't find 4 as fun as the other ones.  It did have that motorcycle scene though, which was pretty cool.  The combo system was neat, but it was executed kinda poorly.  MSXX has a similar one that works worlds better, and that's after ignoring the combos for idk how many years.

Offline Dark Pulse

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 32
  • Atashi-o dare da to omotteru no?
    • View Profile
    • Project2612
« Reply #68 on: March 04, 2010, 02:11:17 PM »
Maybe I should play that one more so I can not be so lame when that pops up, but I didn't find 4 as fun as the other ones.  It did have that motorcycle scene though, which was pretty cool.  The combo system was neat, but it was executed kinda poorly.  MSXX has a similar one that works worlds better, and that's after ignoring the combos for idk how many years.
MS4 was released around the time the original SNK went down, so that one got farmed out and the quality was horrible as a result. Also see King of Fighters 2001 for another, arguably worse casualty.

That art... and that music.... *stabs his own eyes and punctures his own eardrums*
My mom never saw the irony in calling me a son of a bitch.

Offline Ice Queen Lotus

• Career Advisor
  • Nrvnqsr Chaos
    • View Profile
    • 神曲
« Reply #69 on: March 04, 2010, 02:59:31 PM »
I like MS4 because of the fat model chick with pink hair who replaced Eri.

Offline pc1x1

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Mess with the Best, Die like the Rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 04, 2010, 04:20:10 PM »
Panzer Dragoon Saga. Still got my original launch copy.

Offline Shiki

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 12
  • Happy Birthday.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 04, 2010, 07:22:11 PM »
Sonic 3 and Knuckles
Golden Sun 1 & 2
Terrafirma (Some game for the SNES.)
Quest 64
The Legend of Zelda: OoC

I could give you some more games but not sure what genres your into.

Offline ShinMasaki

• Loremaster
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 81
  • 真先生 demands attention
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 04, 2010, 10:55:40 PM »
hmm...one other game I would like to add to this that I keep coming back to time after time is the "drink-till-someone-passes-out-and-they-pay-the-bill" game.

My friends here don't like to play this game with me, I win all the time.  :teach:
Common Sense?! In My Touhous?! WHAT IS THE MEANING OF THIS!!!

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 05, 2010, 12:53:54 AM »
MS4 is the one with the escape ending that I always fail.
You fucker!  Yeah, I remember that.  Goddamn, why can't you just jump instead of trying to blow those blocks up.  You grew up on platformers, jumping should be natural for you!  I still haven't seen good ending on that one because of that shit.

Quest 64
Really?  I thought that game was pretty weak.  It was just too easy to break the game.  I learned the cure spells in water, the attack buffs in fire, and maxed out earth to get that fucking...shield thing?  It was too easy.  Just re-shield and buff every time they wear off and keep staff smacking people for free while you ignore all damage.  It's like...uh...what?  Why does a spell like that earth shield exist?  No damage for 3 turns is just dumb.

hmm...one other game I would like to add to this that I keep coming back to time after time is the "drink-till-someone-passes-out-and-they-pay-the-bill" game.

My friends here don't like to play this game with me, I win all the time.  :teach:
Call it what you want to call it.  Shin's a fuckin alcoholic.  :V
« Last Edit: March 05, 2010, 12:56:03 AM by LoliSauce »
---

Offline Ice Queen Lotus

• Career Advisor
  • Nrvnqsr Chaos
    • View Profile
    • 神曲
« Reply #74 on: March 05, 2010, 01:18:12 AM »
LSauce: You wanna talk balance issues? Puzzle Quest for DS. Sup entangle/gust of wind loop. :toot: I think Wizards had a similar loop but i never played one so :V