hentai
When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: Well, it's that time again  (Read 58972 times)

Offline ShinMasaki

• Loremaster
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 81
  • 真先生 demands attention
    • View Profile
Re: Well, it's that time again
« Reply #150 on: March 28, 2010, 03:05:27 PM »
Thinking about it almost upsets me as much as thinking back on THIS.  UGH, why would you spend an entire year making such fucking amazing shit, just to troll everyone?  I fucking hate you, Japan.

I cry a little inside every time I see that "Enjoy April Fool's" at the end of the clip. My demand for a good danmaku loli RPG will be made a reality if I have to write the game myself.
Common Sense?! In My Touhous?! WHAT IS THE MEANING OF THIS!!!

Offline Dark Pulse

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 32
  • Atashi-o dare da to omotteru no?
    • View Profile
    • Project2612
« Reply #151 on: March 28, 2010, 07:42:12 PM »
If you need some writers, I can do some writing.

And voice acting if you need a good "heavy."

I'd honestly rather have the VA not have any sort of regional dialect than try too hard and end up with a shitty accent.  Also it's a shame that Grey isn't nearly as awesome as his crazy voice would lead you to believe.
Well, Jun sounded pretty good for faux-accent stuff. I think Nanami had a bit of asian tone to her as well. And yeah. Grey was pretty disappointing. I mean... Icicle Disaster has to be one of the least-fitting and generally bad soul crushes a character can have. It doesn't even fit his image. Belenus' Extreme Void might've sucked, but it fit his image at least.

Plus he sounded like a slightly constipated Piccolo.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2010, 07:49:42 PM by Dark Pulse »
My mom never saw the irony in calling me a son of a bitch.

Offline Ice Queen Lotus

• Career Advisor
  • Nrvnqsr Chaos
  • Magic Circuits: 213
  • you're sick, sick as all the secrets that you deny
    • View Profile
    • 神曲
« Reply #152 on: March 28, 2010, 10:57:03 PM »
I did a set of female heavy voices for a female heavy model. Apparently they're pretty good. :teach:
there's someone inside me that softly kills everyone around
they don't know they're dead to me 'cause intent never makes a sound

Offline Dark Pulse

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
    • Project2612
« Reply #153 on: March 29, 2010, 01:46:41 AM »
The only way I can ever pull off a female voice is with some editing software. My voice is way too deep and masculine to do it normally. :P

Offline Edomaa

• Apprentice
  • Magic Circuits: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: March 29, 2010, 06:14:20 AM »

Offline Ice Queen Lotus

• Career Advisor
  • Nrvnqsr Chaos
    • View Profile
    • 神曲
« Reply #155 on: March 29, 2010, 09:00:27 PM »
The only way I can ever pull off a female voice is with some editing software. My voice is way too deep and masculine to do it normally. :P

I have hacks. It's called a vagina.

Offline Dark Pulse

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
    • Project2612
« Reply #156 on: March 29, 2010, 11:48:28 PM »
Yeah, but I'm not that eager to cut my nuts off. :P

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Magic Circuits: 120
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: March 31, 2010, 02:22:48 AM »
Yeah, but I'm not that eager to cut my nuts off. :P
If you really understood just how much vagina hax can get you in life, you might think differently.   :psyduck:
<LoliSauce>   Yeah, so I live right in between an elementary school and a middle school about a block on each side of me
<Zar>      God loves you, Lolisauce
---
<Mauve>      [The Touhou fandom] are like the moe character equivalent of furries.

Offline Ice Queen Lotus

• Career Advisor
  • Nrvnqsr Chaos
    • View Profile
    • 神曲
« Reply #158 on: March 31, 2010, 06:37:54 AM »
Serious. I've had people yell at me for not using mine to the fullest. I'm like, sorry, I like being a hiki. :emo:

Offline caiooa

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 14
  • aprentice button masher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: March 31, 2010, 10:48:42 AM »
I cry a little inside every time I see that "Enjoy April Fool's" at the end of the clip. My demand for a good danmaku loli RPG will be made a reality if I have to write the game myself.[/quote]
lol, make me remeber the past years typemoon 1st april fooll....the mirai fukuin movie anounce and the neco arc evolution live action >_<. Why they don`t made a true neco arc movie? <3
HellLion:" i don't use windows 7 anymore. Now i use windows 7ya"

"it's not mash, it's triple tap!"

Offline Dark Pulse

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
    • Project2612
« Reply #160 on: March 31, 2010, 11:26:59 AM »
Because us Sacchin fans would rise up as one and slay them.

Offline YubelPhoenix

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 3
  • All 3 Knife-wielders are dumb, nuff said!
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: March 31, 2010, 11:29:04 AM »
Because us Sacchin fans would rise up as one and slay them.
For some reason i would enjoy seeing that ;D
Main: C/H/F Akiha. Sub: Anyone who doesn't have a knife, a momoji loop, a gun, a summon, a trenchcoat, who doesn't turn into a cat.

I suck at this game XD

Offline ShinMasaki

• Loremaster
  • Magus Candidate
  • 真先生 demands attention
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: March 31, 2010, 12:20:59 PM »
lol, make me remeber the past years typemoon 1st april fooll

I so would have wanted to see a Mirai Fukuin movie. Ryougi Mana would be fappable win.

Offline PWS

• Spellcaster
  • NC Melty
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: March 31, 2010, 01:42:25 PM »
Shit, you guys are talking about VP and DRAGON FORCE and I'm not here, lol. I have no idea how many times I replayed Dragon Force on my Saturn, but I know I cleared all of the generals' paths a few times. I bought the Sega Ages remake on PS2, it has like...redrawn art for everything and redone music, a few new characters and some other things. It came with an art book and a Teiris pin, too :D

Valkyrie Profile...well, I love that game. VP2 and the DS one are pretty good too. They didn't keep Purify Weird Soul, though =/ "soul crush" is lame compared to that, sounds more like a Soul Calibur mechanic. Actually wait, it is.

Final Fantasy IV is the FF game I've played the most of, every version, over and over, probably because it was the first FF game I really got into as a kid. I played FF1 in its era too, but that game doesn't have so much to latch onto or characters to like. I actually enjoyed the GBA version of 4 better than the DS one, but the latter definitely has its strong points. "The After" stuff on the Wii is pretty nice too.

Any of you Working Designs fans play Popful Mail on Sega CD? It's incredibly obscure, but if you liked Lunar, that's something to look into. Also Albert Odyssey on the Saturn.

I play random Wizardry games off and on for some reason. For years, I stumbled around in V on the SNES until last year or so when I got serious and used save states to rape it. That game is ridiculous.

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: April 01, 2010, 12:20:04 AM »
Final Fantasy IV is the FF game I've played the most of, every version, over and over, probably because it was the first FF game I really got into as a kid.
This kind of thing I've never really understood.  I don't understand nostalgia gaming.  Reminiscing about fun times you had when playing old games is good and all, but going back and replaying the shit out of an game that often purely on the nostalgia value?  Doesn't make sense at all to me.  I'd much much rather experience something new that play on old game most of the time.  The only exceptions are games that just have no equal.  There just plain isn't any other game out there in the same style of VP Lenneth or OB64 that does its thing better than they did.

Any of you Working Designs fans play Popful Mail on Sega CD? It's incredibly obscure, but if you liked Lunar, that's something to look into. Also Albert Odyssey on the Saturn.
The only Sega system I've ever owned was the Genesis.  =\
<LoliSauce>   Yeah, so I live right in between an elementary school and a middle school about a block on each side of me
---
<Mauve>      [The Touhou fandom] are like the moe character equivalent of furries.

Offline Dark Pulse

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
    • Project2612
« Reply #165 on: April 01, 2010, 12:41:08 AM »
LoliSauce: Maybe I should link you to my brainchild.

Project 2612 - The Sega Genesis/Sega Mega Drive Music Archive

Offline Van_Artic

• Vigilant White
  • Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 6
  • Haters Gonna Hate
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube page
« Reply #166 on: April 01, 2010, 02:28:11 AM »
Dragon Force? that strategic RPG for the Saturn? i have to try it out
i've recently discovered the wonderful masterpiece that is Castlevania Symphony of the Night, the Saturn upgrade to be exact
<Zelretch> i would pay for a Kouma bedsheet
<Zelretch> seriously i wouldnt mind sleeping with PURE MASCULINITY

<ehrik> does ckouma have any hype combos <setrajonas> 2aaa <ehrik> damn that combo <ehrik> is too hard <ehrik> do you have anything easier

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: April 01, 2010, 02:44:23 AM »
LoliSauce: Maybe I should link you to my brainchild.

Project 2612 - The Sega Genesis/Sega Mega Drive Music Archive
Not to sound stalkerish, but I already looked around there when I saw it linked in your profile. 

Anyway I don't really care for game music usually, nor was I a big fan of too many Genesis games. 
« Last Edit: April 01, 2010, 02:56:37 AM by LoliSauce »
---

Offline PWS

• Spellcaster
  • NC Melty
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: April 01, 2010, 04:54:10 AM »
I've only really replayed 4 when it was remade, which seems like a lot because it's been redone like 6 times now  :toot: Honestly, I can't replay the same game over and over either, at least in an RPG's case. I replay some games because I never got to beat them or do something significant in them, but in other cases like with VP on the DS, I only played it once, got the A ending and didn't bother with the other paths. That's apparently pretty pro though?

However, Tactics and Symphony of the Night are exceptions. I've even bought those same games multiple times -on the same system-. Neither of them have been "remade" so much as just repackaged a few times, and I've had to play every version of both. I'm a huge Castlevania nerd though. I bought an old NES once just because I found a Castlevania III cart. Might still be the best game imo. As much as I've played and loved Symphony, that game is way too easy. You have to go out of your way to die in that game and there's like 8 ways to heal yourself, or you could just find a save point, or you could just turn the game off because you saved two minutes ago. Order of Ecclesia was a formula I really liked though.

Who has a PSP and hasn't bought Dracula X Chronicles? You should do that now. Leave Melty Bread. I'm a Belmont.

Offline HRGS|忍

• Niggaboo
  • Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 46
  • All of the Lights in the Sky Are Stars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: April 01, 2010, 08:11:22 AM »
I need to play Shin Sedai Shuumei/Futuristic Goemon again soon. Playing through Mystical Ninja 1 and 2 (N64) makes me feel like playing Futuristic. It's a tad bit more serious toned than the mainstream ones too.
Black people vs. underage looking bitches at Evo - 9-1.
Me: "Show me ya papers!"
Jaxx: "Bitch, you illegal as fuck."
...and never forget. OTG STDs.  Check Akiha's Tea Room for updates on the Donjon Network 2nd Phase live action radio show!

Offline caiooa

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 14
  • aprentice button masher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: April 01, 2010, 12:15:14 PM »
lol, i'm replaying now my super metroid (have the original cartridge =p). Maybe i will someday end with collecting rate 100%? (my max until now was 97%...and that time i really don't have any idea to where search for more).
And i'm strongly inclined to replay the snes Clock tower after replaing metroid 3. Whould recomend it to anyone that like survival horror games
« Last Edit: April 02, 2010, 06:19:04 AM by caiooa »
HellLion:" i don't use windows 7 anymore. Now i use windows 7ya"

"it's not mash, it's triple tap!"

Offline Level 0

• Midboss
  • Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 0
  • Mash A!
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: April 04, 2010, 06:42:43 PM »
Any of you Working Designs fans play Popful Mail on Sega CD?

Oh man, what a great game.  It's like WonderBoy in Monster World but hilarious.  I never finished it, though - something unspeakable happened to my save and I haven't gone back to start it again.  The dialogue in that game is kinda strange, though - I showed the opening to my younger brother once and he was like   :slowpoke:

Somehow this reminded me of Discworld also.  That game was hilarious, but I could never stick with point-and-click adventure games long enough - I always run into a rut when the "non-logical" puzzle appears and I just lose interest.  When I think about it, the only p'nc adventure game I ever finished was Police Quest.
I have much to learn.  Evidently I'm one of the few F-Kouma's in the west?  If I get good enough, maybe I can make people see why I like him.

Lolisauce: this is why I'm a loli's best friend
Lolisauce: I bring warmth and fuzziness Lolisauce: and occasionally penis

Offline MagnusXL

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 6
  • j.C Artist
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: April 11, 2010, 04:20:08 AM »
Final Fantasy IV is the FF game I've played the most of, every version, over and over, probably because it was the first FF game I really got into as a kid.
Same except replacing 'every version' with 'the SNES one' and 'over and over' with 'every year or so'. I played the newer titles, but I prefer my the obviously dated version. Though I've noticed that Square's done a lot to placate (and milk money from) FFIV fans recently. Dunno whether to be concerned or squeal like a rabid fangirl, but I don't the sequels to water down the original game. Which is what happened to FFVII (a game I hated anyways).

Lol @ me talking about 'watered down' Final Fantasy.

This kind of thing I've never really understood.  I don't understand nostalgia gaming.  Reminiscing about fun times you had when playing old games is good and all, but going back and replaying the shit out of an game that often purely on the nostalgia value?  Doesn't make sense at all to me.  I'd much much rather experience something new that play on old game most of the time.  The only exceptions are games that just have no equal.  There just plain isn't any other game out there in the same style of VP Lenneth or OB64 that does its thing better than they did.
I understand it if they go back to it after a couple of years. Typically speaking, I don't re-visit a game (those I get around to, anyways) for about four-five years. The vast majority of games I never get through more than once unless it's something I played as a kid. Multiplayer games / games designed for multiple completions are obviously exempt.

Still, I usually breeze through games fast enough that I can't afford to purchase new ones all the time.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2010, 04:22:26 AM by MagnusXL »
Honorary BC Player.

Offline PWS

• Spellcaster
  • NC Melty
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: April 11, 2010, 07:08:17 PM »
The SNES game was watered down to begin with. It has like half the character skills it should have. I'm sure you've heard the talk of 'easy type' and 'hard type' versions of the game.

The DS and Wii FFIV games were far from simple ports. Even the GBA game had a lot added to it (extra dungeon for every character, yay, also you can beat the game with any party, even Edward is kinda useful). I think the GBA game might actually be the best...Excalibur duplicating doesn't work anymore, either ;p

I guess I'm more in the squealing camp, then. Edge is the only FF ninja that matters. Re: Ogre Battle 64, I recently saw that they added that to the Virtual Console. Might have to get that...and oddly enough, Rondo of Blood is up there too. They know what's good, apparently.

Offline ShinMasaki

• Loremaster
  • Magus Candidate
  • 真先生 demands attention
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: April 12, 2010, 01:21:36 AM »
Well, it's that time again...

Or at least when I get another day off...

To spend my time doing things of epicness. However, if you don't know the background of them, you may as well be like... :psyduck:?

My next two projects which I plan to implement are NOT MY ORIGINAL IDEAS, but ones that I will steal because of their epicness.

BEHOLD!!!

I have spent way too much of my life this past year becoming drowned in the world of Touhou. The Yukari is kinda cool, but the Yuyuko...that is win.

In other news, I reopened my copy of Tales of Symphonia today. Sheena was loyally awaiting my return.