hentai
When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: Political Garbage  (Read 9232 times)

Offline NinjaNero

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 26
  • Warblackia
    • View Profile
Re: Political Garbage
« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2008, 05:59:55 PM »
Schools aren't very consistent then. I was under the impression that the electoral college was a compromise between small and large states similar to the creation of a 2 house legislature, which is why every state is awarded a delegate for each senator and congressman they have, so the proportions of population aren't necessarily accurate.

Ex. Alaska has 2% the population of California, but 5% the delegates.
No that originated in 1770's and was the connecticut compromise
which came from the New Jersey plan dne the Virginia plan.
Nice try though
Sidenote to "."
"i looked at an old gilly sheet for that!!!"
"I-P-C-O-N...'
"M?"
"No, N as in.."
"Oh, N, as in knife" "...yes..."

Offline Veleon

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 2
  • Jazz + Anime = WIN!
    • View Profile
    • AnimeNfo
« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2008, 06:45:54 PM »
Schools aren't very consistent then. I was under the impression that the electoral college was a compromise between small and large states similar to the creation of a 2 house legislature, which is why every state is awarded a delegate for each senator and congressman they have, so the proportions of population aren't necessarily accurate.

Ex. Alaska has 2% the population of California, but 5% the delegates.

That compromise was the number of representatives in the legislative system. Which happens to be the same number of electoral college votes. each state hs 2 in the senate and a number in accordance to their population in the house.

Offline Chocolate Thunder

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Random super!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2008, 03:51:45 PM »
Psh, most adults vote without being properly informed, so fuck them. People who are informed vote, and people who aren't informed don't vote, until they reach middle age.
So your saying that the those younger than "middle age" are going to be the uninformed and the ones that don't vote while people that are informed vote?  Hell, we've seen adults in this election get informed about all of the candidates and they STILL can't decide on whom to vote for. 

IMO, age doesn't factor in if you are informed or not.  You become informed when you choose to become informed.
I rike the angry China girl loli :3.

Offline Chun (中)

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 14
  • Aozaki: Miss=Blue
    • View Profile
    • Plain Rice is Delicious
« Reply #28 on: February 08, 2008, 05:39:56 PM »

IMO, age doesn't factor in if you are informed or not.  You become informed when you choose to become informed.

Nowadays that seems like to Central America "Watch Fox News only".

~Chun
Melty Blood
Main: Aoko
Secondary: Kohaku
How about those orbs? BlazBlue: Litchi Arcana Heart: Kamui (Bha/Pa), Mei-Fang (LaGo) CvS2: K- Mai, Morrigan, Nakoruru (2)

Offline ..

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2008, 05:54:20 PM »
truth.

with the amount of media available nowadays it's really your own fault if you're not informed.

Offline mir

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 09, 2008, 01:27:12 AM »
with the amount of media available nowadays it's really your own fault if you're not informed.

And what is it exactly that this media is informing you of? Things you need to know or things which are controversial and will grab the public attention. What you get is not an  honest representation of today's realities but rather oversimplified manifestation on issues that are neither important nor objective enough to be called "news." I remember watching the 8pm Sunday night news a while ago. The leading story was Paris Hilton getting out of jail and selling the 1st interview rights for a million bucks. If that justifies as headline news.........But you're right, there is way too much of the media happening right now, finding the objective pieces that explain why this country is going down the crapper...well that's a different story.

About being informed to vote: Very few people vote and have actual facts to justify their decision. The vast majority look at the debates and make a judgment call. Which would've been fine if politicians were not the spineless lying bastards that they are, changing their opinions 3 times a day just to get your votes. Why do you think people are so apathetic towards voting? It is because they realize that the end result would be the same. You cannot fix the country and keep the public support because changes would undoubtedly have some negative impacts on society and we don't like stuff like that, especially when it affects us directly. As a result, no one even tries.

Just look at some of the "hot issues" that were discussed. Universal health care? Wonderful idea, why not ram the national debt some more and see where it takes us. Bringing the troops home? Outstanding! Never mind the fact that we basically rely on foreign oil to keep afloat. Think they'll keep the prices the same? No freaking way! Ever been to Europe? Go look at their gas prices and imagine what would happen if we had them. Why do you think we rely on oil so much? Well, two reasons really.
1) Because the government is full of pussies who can't tell the green planet hippies to piss off and build some nuclear power plants. Guess what people, nuclear power won't freaking kill the environment. If the French can do it, so can we.
2) The car industry is too damn greedy to move to electric cars. You know, GM did it a while back. They released a test batch that didn't run on oil. They were safe and fairly inexpensive. Except GM did not account for one small oversight: electrical motors are relatively simple to maintain and you lose on the entire service industry. So they recalled the cars.

Those hot issues not enough? How about securing the border! Well, sorry to say but we need the damn immigrants to work under the minimum wage in order to keep prices down. You can't secure the border without raising import taxes for all products by substantial amount because the US consumer does not care where the product is made. Secure the border, kick the immigrants out and leave imports the same, soon you'll have even the damn tomatoes made in China.

So no, I am not informed, but I also do not wish to be misinformed by the media or the politicians. Health care...man a lot of those people do not deserve health care. Them crackheads down in Oakland don't deserve health care or food stamps, they need to be euthanized. Politicians can all go to hell, I am not voting for any of those bastards.
There's nothing to fear now.

Offline Legendary Blue Shirt

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 170
  • Meanie
    • View Profile
    • Logical Bends
« Reply #31 on: February 09, 2008, 07:17:23 AM »
Ok I retract my previous statement.
The post above me clearly illustrates the extent of misinformation in the US.

Offline Alfonse

• Vigilant Pink
  • Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 22
  • Azu-nyan~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 09, 2008, 08:06:38 AM »
It's only a matter of time before people will start nuking each other...
Keyboard crusher who couldn't pull off a proper BNB.

Offline Chocolate Thunder

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Random super!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 10, 2008, 05:38:13 PM »
It's only a matter of time before people will start nuking each other...

In which case, we'll all die and turn into radioactive zombies, except for a a few survivors.

Anyone got a good zombie plan? :D
I rike the angry China girl loli :3.

Offline Veleon

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Jazz + Anime = WIN!
    • View Profile
    • AnimeNfo
« Reply #34 on: February 10, 2008, 06:03:38 PM »
"I have 37 zombie plans. 36 of which involve using Grif's fleshy corspe as bait"

Offline NinjaNero

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 26
  • Warblackia
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 11, 2008, 11:35:05 AM »
"I have 37 zombie plans. 36 of which involve using Grif's fleshy corspe as bait"
Me and Kix as well as countless others have designed countless zombie plans in multiple locations using tolls as far as limited to the constructs of the building to anything
and from 0 hours of planning all the way to 2 days of planning
(we have no life :prinny:)
"I-P-C-O-N...'
"M?"
"No, N as in.."
"Oh, N, as in knife" "...yes..."

Offline Kix

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 19
  • Slayer and Galneryus
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 12, 2008, 09:24:08 PM »
Me and Kix as well as countless others have designed countless zombie plans in multiple locations using tolls as far as limited to the constructs of the building to anything
and from 0 hours of planning all the way to 2 days of planning
(we have no life :prinny:)
I think we have this figured out. We have good decently long-term survival plans.

Also this thread is entertaining.
"This port is going to be outdated faster than you can say "Dance Romanesque and unfinished Romancia" -Dizzynecro

Offline Zyklon-C

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 04, 2008, 01:18:39 PM »
Neko-arc for president~nya!
I'm a Policeman!