When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: Witch on the Holy Night - Yes, the Aoko game.  (Read 26955 times)

Offline ShinMasaki

• Loremaster
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 81
  • 真先生 demands attention
    • View Profile
Re: Witch on the Holy Night - Yes, the Aoko game.
« Reply #75 on: September 14, 2010, 07:05:12 PM »
Why didn't they just reprint Mahoyo as a light novel if they weren't even going to do voices or any player choice?

because VNs sell for more money, obviously

Common Sense?! In My Touhous?! WHAT IS THE MEANING OF THIS!!!

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Magic Circuits: 120
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 14, 2010, 08:38:35 PM »
Why didn't they just reprint Mahoyo as a light novel if they weren't even going to do voices or any player choice?

It seems like light novels sell to a wider audience though.  Or at least, to my understanding they are more commonly accepted among general society.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2010, 08:40:22 PM by LoliSauce »
<LoliSauce>   Yeah, so I live right in between an elementary school and a middle school about a block on each side of me
<Zar>      God loves you, Lolisauce
---
<Mauve>      [The Touhou fandom] are like the moe character equivalent of furries.

Offline Dintrao

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 7
  • Momiji All Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 14, 2010, 08:43:55 PM »

It seems like light novels sell to a wider audience though.  Or at least, to my understanding they are more commonly accepted among general society.

Music is the only thing I can think of  :mystery:
[4c 2c 623b] x ∞

Offline sevalle

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 15, 2010, 03:27:22 AM »
Have you gone through F/HA before? It's unlike other VN where you get "Story -> (3) choices -> Bad End / Bad End / Continue". In F/HA, you can go to different locations around town at different times of the day and talk to different people. Depending on who you talked to before will open up other scenes at other locations depending on what time of day it is.

i.e.
Talk to [Tohsaka(A) (B) (C) (D)] at [Home] on [Friday] in the [morning].

Then you go to [school] (Park) (Downtown) (Home) (Shrine) (Bridge)

Talk to (Issei) (Tohsaka) (Sakura) (Ayaka) (Rider) (Saber) (Taiga) at [school] in the [morning] at [before class starts]

If you talked to [Tohsaka (A)] then [Sakura (B)] [Taiga (A)] [Tohsaka (C)] is available at [school] in the [before afternoon class starts]

If you talked to [Tohsaka (A)] then [Taiga (A)] then (Taiga) (Lancer) (Gil-kun) (Saber) (Rider) (Caster) (Ayaka) will be available to talk to in the [afternoon]

...etc etc...

That's kind of how the flow chart was that I was attempting to make. It was hell. I gave up.

The people that translated bits and pieces got contacted by someone trying to combine the translations into one big collaboration.

i.e.
Amakunau contributes translations for scene [Saber (A)] at [Home] in the [morning] of [Friday]
Shin contributes translations for scene [Tohsaka in a box (A)] at [Tohsaka's home] in the [afternoon] of [Saturday]
Blue Gunner contributes translations for scene [Date with Saber] at [Home] in the [morning] of [Friday]
etc. etc.

Sorry, I shouldn't have said 'died'. It has slowed down considerably since it first started. http://tlwiki.tsukuru.info/index.php?title=Fate/Hollow_Ataraxia for more info.

ehh, this just made me more hype for the F/HA translation to complete  :emo:

when mirrormoon said that F/HA wasn't worth their time, i thought that they meant F/HA was a sub-par work from Type-Moon. guess they actually meant that it would be a real pain to translate all of it, going by how complicated it sounds. I really liked the exploring that Kagetsu Tohya offered, even though i eventually had to use a guide for 100% completion lol. hopefully the F/HA translation will see the light of day... someday

sorry for straying off topic though  :-X
« Last Edit: September 15, 2010, 03:31:30 AM by sevalle »

Offline ShinMasaki

• Loremaster
  • Magus Candidate
  • 真先生 demands attention
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 15, 2010, 09:43:18 AM »
when mirrormoon said that F/HA wasn't worth their time, i thought that they meant F/HA was a sub-par work from Type-Moon. guess they actually meant that it would be a real pain to translate all of it, going by how complicated it sounds.

Actually, Takajun, the main translator for Mirror Moon, he just doesn't like the story to F/HA so isn't bothering to spend the time reading/translating the game.

Offline UNREAL BLACK THING

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 12
  • WTF does that even mean!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 16, 2010, 05:01:13 AM »
mirror moon is gonna jump on that...they have nothing better to do atm.

Yet they don't even bother touching F/HA even though "they have nothing better to do atm".

Depending on who is doing what as far as the translations go, the fan translations may be out before Mirror Moon puts theirs. But of the major forums that I've browsed concerning Mahoyo, I think I'm the only one who has declared interest in doing a translation on this project. However, I haven't checked around recently. But with only a single route to go through, translations are going to be easier than figuring my way through that wave of nonsense of F/HA (which, as far as I know, the fan translation collaboration has died).

You're right but F/HA is ridiculously epic...they're prbly just being lazy because of how huge the project would be.
If Witch on the Holy Night is just one path...
... does it matter?

No. ALRIGHT LETS GO KICK ASS

Offline ShinMasaki

• Loremaster
  • Magus Candidate
  • 真先生 demands attention
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 17, 2010, 01:18:00 AM »
You're right but F/HA is ridiculously epic...they're prbly just being lazy because of how huge the project would be.

Actually, Takajun, the main translator for Mirror Moon, he just doesn't like the story to F/HA so isn't bothering to spend the time reading/translating the game.

Offline UNREAL BLACK THING

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 12
  • WTF does that even mean!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 18, 2010, 02:16:00 PM »

O.O Srsly...? What a homo...that saddens me.
So generally there's nothing to stop them from leaving us dry on this one too...
... does it matter?

No. ALRIGHT LETS GO KICK ASS

Offline ShinMasaki

• Loremaster
  • Magus Candidate
  • 真先生 demands attention
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 03, 2010, 02:08:40 PM »
NEWS UPDATE:

The Mahou Tsukai wiki page is now updated saying the current release date for Mahou Tsukai no Yoru will be on December 24th. However, my friend who preordered the game through Amazon says that Amazon says it ships on November 8. I'm looking for confirmed information regarding this from various sites, but right now, I am having no luck in finding any confirmed info.

Offline ShinMasaki

• Loremaster
  • Magus Candidate
  • 真先生 demands attention
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 20, 2011, 03:48:33 AM »
To those still waiting for this...

Projected release date...after being pushed back again...is now Winter 2011  :nyoro:

Offline abitofBaileys

• zzz
  • Germaniac
  • Magic Circuits: 159
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 20, 2011, 03:52:42 AM »
If everything goes well, lol. Thanks for the update.

Offline Nameless_One

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 20, 2011, 07:09:17 AM »
They keep making anime but I want a new visual novel.
Not that anime is bad but I have been expecting some visual novels this winter.

I can wait another year. Thanks for the update.
Being on a date with a girl is just like playing a fighting game. It's all about combos, zoning, handling pressure and not to burst to early.

Offline ToastCrust

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 10
  • Do you even have balls?
    • View Profile
    • Transistor Glamor
« Reply #87 on: January 20, 2011, 09:26:14 AM »
Technically, they're just licensing out their copyright content to animation studios and perhaps overseeing some of the production.

God knows what most of the Type-Moon staff actually does most of the time.

Offline MasterT

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 20, 2011, 11:18:50 AM »
Plays Idolmaster with Kentaro Miura.

Offline Nameless_One

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 20, 2011, 12:47:56 PM »
Technically, they're just licensing out their copyright content to animation studios and perhaps overseeing some of the production.

God knows what most of the Type-Moon staff actually does most of the time.

True.
The lack of hype is annoying. I would love to see something of thier work.
I am just going to make the assumption that one day, Nasu's brain imploded into a portal which sucked in the whole Type-Moon staff into another dimension full of erotic food and molluscs. I demand pictures from their travel when they return.
Being on a date with a girl is just like playing a fighting game. It's all about combos, zoning, handling pressure and not to burst to early.

Offline abitofBaileys

• zzz
  • Germaniac
  • Magic Circuits: 159
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: January 20, 2011, 04:20:20 PM »
Nasu will write summary about their adventures in the mollusks plane. This story will be called "Space Neun Cave Experience Ex" and features undead squidheaded magi on a plane where people don't need sleep or food. The squidheads will have psychic powers to bend minds and thus created an army of human soldiers which obey their will.

Wait. That already exists.