hentai
When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: Witch on the Holy Night - Yes, the Aoko game.  (Read 26954 times)

Offline ShinMasaki

• Loremaster
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 81
  • 真先生 demands attention
    • View Profile
Re: Witch on the Holy Night - Yes, the Aoko game.
« Reply #50 on: February 11, 2009, 05:08:25 PM »
Wouldnt the translation be easier from the in-game script?  Maybe you can get a coder/modder to extract it for you?

lol, you can do that? :slowpoke: you know how much easier things would be with that.

any volunteers?
Common Sense?! In My Touhous?! WHAT IS THE MEANING OF THIS!!!

Offline zeech

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 11, 2009, 10:24:46 PM »
You could try asking people that do hgame translations, like Mirror Moon and others.  They could point you to tools and stuff or you might find people willing to help.

Offline Ice Queen Lotus

• Career Advisor
  • Nrvnqsr Chaos
  • Magic Circuits: 213
  • you're sick, sick as all the secrets that you deny
    • View Profile
    • 神曲
« Reply #52 on: October 11, 2009, 02:32:03 PM »
there's someone inside me that softly kills everyone around
they don't know they're dead to me 'cause intent never makes a sound

Offline ShinMasaki

• Loremaster
  • Magus Candidate
  • 真先生 demands attention
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 11, 2009, 05:48:10 PM »
indeed, but now it is confirmed for a mid-2010 release. wondering if i can get it translated and done by the end of the year. amukunau stopped updating his progress on f/ha, i gave up on that project myself...got tired of the story. the story was bashing my poor rin way too much

Offline grandlordzero

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 15
  • ^ Still My EVO-Face
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 11, 2009, 09:10:23 PM »
So was the primary plot line of F/HA (the avenger/bazzete/caren stuff) actually relevant to the main nasu timeline? or was it all meaningless fun with some awesome fights and kinky sex thrown in like KT was?

As for Aoko getting delayed, im completely fine with that. more time = better quality usually. I read somewhere that out of all Nasu's work, he liked Mahousukai the most. Id like to see it done well.
Why do I even bother going to EVO anymore.... D8

Offline ShinMasaki

• Loremaster
  • Magus Candidate
  • 真先生 demands attention
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 11, 2009, 10:00:58 PM »
Yeah, F/HA was totally off from the canonical Fate/Stay Night. Everyone is alive, for one. There are 2 assassins...one random samurai and the other a real assassin (turned house maid). Actually...there was a bit of a story to it, but the story was real minor and not as interesting as checking out the daily lives of the various Fate characters...I loved going through and seeing Servants in the work world...Caster and Rider are a riot and Archer and Lancer antics are win. WinRin-in-a-box. Lancer as a jack-of-all-trades and master of none. Oh and Gil-kun is win...I want to have my own water park.

Overall F/HA was not relevant at all to the Nasuverse timeline. It is confirmed in F/SN that Bazett is dead, so the entire story of F/HA becomes a moot point immediately. F/HA was a fan disc, extra stuff to keep the fans happy...and happy I was. Until I tried to beat fricken' Caster/Assassin/Kuzuki at the fricken' card game. Oh and Ilya's Castle is made of win through and through. There are definite scenes of win from the fights in F/HA, but they are few and far between when you look at the amount of text and pics in the game compared to the actual story.

I'm fine now with Aoko getting delayed. Gives me more time to brush up on Nasu's ...unique... usage of kanji here and there. Seriously...he writes good stuff, but if you can read Japanese and you take a look at some of his works...the stuff is damn confusing at times. Reading KnK seriously took months to get through.

Offline Sh1k1

• Vigilant Blue
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 43
  • 「これが… モノを殺すと言うことだ…!」
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 13, 2009, 01:58:43 AM »
[...] the story was bashing my poor rin way too much
This alone ensures I will probably be NEVER reading Hollow Ataraxia.
FGO Friend Code: 221252074

Offline ShinMasaki

• Loremaster
  • Magus Candidate
  • 真先生 demands attention
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 13, 2009, 02:41:50 AM »
[...] the story was bashing my poor rin way too much
This alone ensures I will probably be NEVER reading Hollow Ataraxia.

In F/HA Rin isn't taken seriously at all and she sits in as the joke character for F/HA. I would guess because of how Shirou sees her true personality and the changes to it over the course of F/SN, its written out that because of Rin's serious and mean side, if you make fun of Rin, it makes the lols that much more...I guess?

Offline Tonberry

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 53
  • $NJ$
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 13, 2009, 06:18:03 PM »
Aokoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo <3<3<3<3<3

I can't wait for this game to be released and translated. 

Good luck to you Shin in your translation effort.
[01:08] <Komidol> that marisa cosplayer that took my registration was sexy
[15:24] <Rokunaya> i've actually reached the point where some voice actors sound familiar in animes
[22:40] <bellreisa> i'm an insane murderer who is overwhelmed by nihilism but that's ok cause i'm in love

Offline Coren

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 64
  • Swag
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 13, 2009, 06:21:24 PM »

Okay, Nasu will probably finish it in 2011, then if mirror moon picks it up it'll take 4 years to translate, so the fully translated release would be about 2015-2016. Fuck it, this time I'm just gonna learn Japanese and do it myself (which I should have done for F/SN).
Combos so bright I gotta wear shades.

Offline ShinMasaki

• Loremaster
  • Magus Candidate
  • 真先生 demands attention
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: October 14, 2009, 12:42:22 AM »

Okay, Nasu will probably finish it in 2011, then if mirror moon picks it up it'll take 4 years to translate, so the fully translated release would be about 2015-2016. Fuck it, this time I'm just gonna learn Japanese and do it myself (which I should have done for F/SN).

Well, first off...it has been confirmed to be released in mid-2010 now. Nasu already finished this a long, long time ago...in a nasuverse far away. Mahou Tsukai was one of Nasu's earlier works that is being produced into a VN. According to interviews with the legend, Nasu says that of the stories he's written, Mahou Tsukai is one of his more favorite stories.

As far as learning Japanese...that may be for the best. At the very least, it lets you play through the games that never get translated or you can play them once they come out and you don't have to wait for the translations. Chances are very good that Mirror Moon is going to pick it up. As they have an entire team working on their translations, they may not take too long...however, they only have one guy Taka-jun that does their translations, so depending on how fast he goes through and translates the story will determine their translation speed.

Additionally, I'm not sure what program format Mahou Tsukai is going to be using. If they use onscripter (which I am finally familiar enough to use decently) then getting the translated version out shouldn't take too long at all...if it is something else, then things might be longer. All I am going to be doing at first is just reading it and translating the game page by page. Hopefully it wont be too long, but F/HA was a total of 250+Mb of data FOR JUST THE TEXT...That's a lot of text. After the translation of the game page by page, then we can finally get to editing and reproducing it with translated patches. So yeah, it may be awhile for anyone to get this translation done. Hell, going through the F/SN game in english (reading through the entire story) took me close to three months. Translating as I go will make it take longer. Let's hope for a mid-2011 finish for translating but honestly I'm expecting this project to take closer to 2012.

Offline Ice Queen Lotus

• Career Advisor
  • Nrvnqsr Chaos
    • View Profile
    • 神曲
« Reply #61 on: October 14, 2009, 07:33:44 AM »
Hate to be a downer, but I don't think learning Japanese won't really help. Nasu loves to use whack ass kanji.

I have my JLPT1 and sometimes kanji that I've never encountered before come up in Nasuverse games. :psyduck:

Offline grandlordzero

• Spellcaster
  • ^ Still My EVO-Face
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 14, 2009, 08:40:46 AM »

As they have an entire team working on their translations, they may not take too long...however, they only have one guy Taka-jun that does their translations, so depending on how fast he goes through and translates the story will determine their translation speed.

By the "entire team for translations", and "only Taka translating", i assume you mean that the "team" is comprised of the codemonkeys and takajun is the only one translating.

If that's the case, have you talked to the MM crew about joining the translation team? If your going to try and TL it on your own, itd probably be faster for you if you joined MM. That is, if there accepting new members. Dunno if they are.

Offline ShinMasaki

• Loremaster
  • Magus Candidate
  • 真先生 demands attention
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 14, 2009, 06:38:14 PM »
Hate to be a downer, but I don't think learning Japanese won't really help. Nasu loves to use whack ass kanji.

Ohhh...don't I know it...on top of creating the Nasuverse, he also created his own written language too that pulls a lot from Japanese, but a lot of other stuff is in some strange alien dialect. Oh, I love when he mixes hakata and standard in the same sentence... :psyduck: :slowpoke:

For the most part, though, learning Japanese will help with a lot of Mahou Tsukai (except for his moonscribble) it is especially helpful when reading text in Japanese games NOT WRITTEN BY NASU. I like importing and getting my games asap.

As they have an entire team working on their translations, they may not take too long...however, they only have one guy Taka-jun that does their translations, so depending on how fast he goes through and translates the story will determine their translation speed.

By the "entire team for translations", and "only Taka translating", i assume you mean that the "team" is comprised of the codemonkeys and takajun is the only one translating.

If that's the case, have you talked to the MM crew about joining the translation team? If your going to try and TL it on your own, itd probably be faster for you if you joined MM. That is, if there accepting new members. Dunno if they are.

Yeah, TakaJun does the translations from moonscribble to English. Then there is a team that from there works on proofing, programming, and image editing (for when the words are part of the background). There have been multiple people that have proposed to assist with translating to speed up the process, but MM declined for one very good reason...each translator reads and interprets kanji differently when translating. Although this isn't too bad of a thing, it becomes dumb when trying to translate Nasu's kanji mess. I've done translating for a few scanlation groups and they sometimes have multiple translators as the text is in a normal fashion...but when you start mixing dialects and words not meant to be mixed, some kanji will be read and interpreted differently at different times, so to stop the confusion, for Nasu level work, it is best to have just one translator per translation team.

Oh, and MM isn't accepting ppl either at the moment for anything.

Offline grandlordzero

• Spellcaster
  • ^ Still My EVO-Face
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 14, 2009, 09:01:35 PM »
kk just thought id ask. I knew Nasu-Runes were wonky, but i didn't know they were THAT bad.  :slowpoke:
« Last Edit: October 14, 2009, 09:03:43 PM by grandlordzero »

Offline ShinMasaki

• Loremaster
  • Magus Candidate
  • 真先生 demands attention
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 15, 2009, 04:24:43 AM »
slight exaggeration of how Nasu writes, but really...it is bad enough that it may as well be like that. Depending on the character that is talking or being talked about, he does sometimes mix terms from different dialect standards. Happens rarely, but yeah...I love finding that in his works.  :emo:

Offline Ice Queen Lotus

• Career Advisor
  • Nrvnqsr Chaos
    • View Profile
    • 神曲
« Reply #66 on: October 15, 2009, 06:52:02 AM »
All I can think of is Anne Heche in Celebrity Jeopardy and her "made-up space language". :psyduck:

"Hakunis a attruna donna". That means "I'm not crazy anymore". In my made-up space language. :V
« Last Edit: October 15, 2009, 06:54:25 AM by Hasuko »

Offline Dio

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 52
  • WROOOOOOOOOOOOONG
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 13, 2010, 04:59:28 AM »
All right, it's been ages since anyone posted in here but I figured I'd bump my thread -

New Mahou Tsukai info!

http://www.himeyashop.com/product_info.php/cPath/21/products_id/14746

Retail Price: 8,400 Yen

Genre: Visual Novel

System Requirements: Windows XP/Vista/7, DVD-ROM
-Notice-
The release date of Mahoutsukai no Yoru -Witch on the Holy Night- (First Press Edition) has been pushed back to "this winter." Therefore, the release date is now being set to 12/31/2010

It appears to be up for preorder on Himeyashop.

The game releases on September 30th this year for 8,000 yen. While the scenario is written, as one would expect, by Type-Moon co-founder Kinoko Nasu — and writer of Fate/stay and Tsukihime — the art is being done by Hirokazu Koyama, who contributed to the event CGs in both those games.

The game features an all-ages rating, and will consist of only a single route with no choices made along the way. The ED for the game will be handled by Supercell, now probably best known for the Bakemonogatari ED. Playtime is estimated to clock in at about 15 hours.

Obviously this was pushed back.

http://www.siliconera.com/2010/06/20/type-moon-announce-release-date-for-mahou-tsukai-no-yoru/

Title: Mahou tsukai no yoru
Genre: Visual novel
Release date: 30th September 2010
Price: 8000 yen (1 DVD)
Type: All-ages
Scenario: Nasu Kinoko
Art: Koyama Hirokazu
# ED song will be by Supercell
# No voices
# Single route, no choices to be made
# Play time 15 hours

Dark genius that descended into the gambling apocalypse. What lies behind his eyes is endless jazz.

Offline UNREAL BLACK THING

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 12
  • WTF does that even mean!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 14, 2010, 08:09:18 AM »
15 hours, one route, all ages....that sounds BORING AS SHIT.
However, idc cause Nasu wrote it  ;D

Why's everybody freaking out about translations btw?
mirror moon is gonna jump on that...they have nothing better to do atm.
... does it matter?

No. ALRIGHT LETS GO KICK ASS

Offline ShinMasaki

• Loremaster
  • Magus Candidate
  • 真先生 demands attention
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 14, 2010, 09:59:22 AM »
mirror moon is gonna jump on that...they have nothing better to do atm.

Yet they don't even bother touching F/HA even though "they have nothing better to do atm".

Depending on who is doing what as far as the translations go, the fan translations may be out before Mirror Moon puts theirs. But of the major forums that I've browsed concerning Mahoyo, I think I'm the only one who has declared interest in doing a translation on this project. However, I haven't checked around recently. But with only a single route to go through, translations are going to be easier than figuring my way through that wave of nonsense of F/HA (which, as far as I know, the fan translation collaboration has died).

Offline Van_Artic

• Vigilant White
  • Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 6
  • Haters Gonna Hate
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube page
« Reply #70 on: September 14, 2010, 10:38:04 AM »
[...]translations are going to be easier than figuring my way through that wave of nonsense of F/HA (which, as far as I know, the fan translation collaboration has died).
wat
details plz
<Zelretch> i would pay for a Kouma bedsheet
<Zelretch> seriously i wouldnt mind sleeping with PURE MASCULINITY

<ehrik> does ckouma have any hype combos <setrajonas> 2aaa <ehrik> damn that combo <ehrik> is too hard <ehrik> do you have anything easier

Offline ShinMasaki

• Loremaster
  • Magus Candidate
  • 真先生 demands attention
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 14, 2010, 02:23:47 PM »
[...]translations are going to be easier than figuring my way through that wave of nonsense of F/HA (which, as far as I know, the fan translation collaboration has died).
wat
details plz

Have you gone through F/HA before? It's unlike other VN where you get "Story -> (3) choices -> Bad End / Bad End / Continue". In F/HA, you can go to different locations around town at different times of the day and talk to different people. Depending on who you talked to before will open up other scenes at other locations depending on what time of day it is.

i.e.
Talk to [Tohsaka(A) (B) (C) (D)] at [Home] on [Friday] in the [morning].

Then you go to [school] (Park) (Downtown) (Home) (Shrine) (Bridge)

Talk to (Issei) (Tohsaka) (Sakura) (Ayaka) (Rider) (Saber) (Taiga) at [school] in the [morning] at [before class starts]

If you talked to [Tohsaka (A)] then [Sakura (B)] [Taiga (A)] [Tohsaka (C)] is available at [school] in the [before afternoon class starts]

If you talked to [Tohsaka (A)] then [Taiga (A)] then (Taiga) (Lancer) (Gil-kun) (Saber) (Rider) (Caster) (Ayaka) will be available to talk to in the [afternoon]

...etc etc...

That's kind of how the flow chart was that I was attempting to make. It was hell. I gave up.

The people that translated bits and pieces got contacted by someone trying to combine the translations into one big collaboration.

i.e.
Amakunau contributes translations for scene [Saber (A)] at [Home] in the [morning] of [Friday]
Shin contributes translations for scene [Tohsaka in a box (A)] at [Tohsaka's home] in the [afternoon] of [Saturday]
Blue Gunner contributes translations for scene [Date with Saber] at [Home] in the [morning] of [Friday]
etc. etc.

Sorry, I shouldn't have said 'died'. It has slowed down considerably since it first started. http://tlwiki.tsukuru.info/index.php?title=Fate/Hollow_Ataraxia for more info.

Offline abitofBaileys

• zzz
  • Germaniac
  • Magic Circuits: 159
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 14, 2010, 02:31:36 PM »
So it's basically Persona, only less messiah humbug?

Offline Van_Artic

• Vigilant White
  • Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 6
  • Haters Gonna Hate
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube page
« Reply #73 on: September 14, 2010, 03:19:51 PM »
Sorry, I shouldn't have said 'died'. It has slowed down considerably since it first started. http://tlwiki.tsukuru.info/index.php?title=Fate/Hollow_Ataraxia for more info.
i could use the "MEANWHILE AT AMUKUNAU TRANSLATIONS" kinda-meme etcetc, but i really want to see this translation finished

thanks, i'm relieved  :fap:
<Zelretch> i would pay for a Kouma bedsheet
<Zelretch> seriously i wouldnt mind sleeping with PURE MASCULINITY

<ehrik> does ckouma have any hype combos <setrajonas> 2aaa <ehrik> damn that combo <ehrik> is too hard <ehrik> do you have anything easier

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Magic Circuits: 120
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 14, 2010, 06:00:37 PM »
Why didn't they just reprint Mahoyo as a light novel if they weren't even going to do voices or any player choice?
« Last Edit: September 14, 2010, 06:02:38 PM by LoliSauce »
<LoliSauce>   Yeah, so I live right in between an elementary school and a middle school about a block on each side of me
<Zar>      God loves you, Lolisauce
---
<Mauve>      [The Touhou fandom] are like the moe character equivalent of furries.