When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: WoW... -_- :prinny:  (Read 9157 times)

Offline Irovax

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 0
    • View Profile
WoW... -_- :prinny:
« on: February 10, 2008, 07:08:02 PM »
Alright, guys. A really good friend of mine is trying to get me to play WoW. Obviously, I can't. It's impossible for me to just click the mouse a few times and queue up a few skills for hours. ((What aggravates me most is that I can't even Blink out of the way of an attack. -_-)) She doesn't get that Melty Blood's combos-- and even entire matches-- consist of more than button mashing. I've been trying to think of ways to explain to her that I just can't "settle" for a game like WoW, but I can't think of anything that doesn't insult the stupid game, since she thinks so highly of it. >_____<;;

Basically, what I could show her to prove that the game isn't just button mashing? She lives in the US, so it's not like I can just play against her, either.

Thanks for your help.

Gah, I'm going to Training Mode.

Offline Veleon

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 2
  • Jazz + Anime = WIN!
    • View Profile
    • AnimeNfo
Re: WoW... -_- :prinny:
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2008, 07:19:47 PM »
save up $100 dollars. Tell her that you will give her $100 dollars is she can beat you in a match (2 of 3 rounds). If she ends seriously trying to get the money she will learn MBAC is more than button mashing if played seriously.

Offline pherai

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 25
    • View Profile
    • pherai.net
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2008, 07:23:38 PM »
save up $100 dollars. Tell her that you will give her $100 dollars is she can beat you in a match (2 of 3 rounds). If she ends seriously trying to get the money she will learn MBAC is more than button mashing if played seriously.

I was going to say it's impossible, but that's a really good idea.
I heard anime expo isn't going to be that good this year...

Offline mizuki

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 125
  • nasty
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2008, 08:12:09 PM »
Tell her sucking your dick is more fun, and you two can click together.
what the fuck is this game

Offline Boku

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 12
  • Banana <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2008, 08:39:38 PM »
Tell her sucking your dick is more fun, and you two can click together.
This.
how do i adult behavior to my younger brother?

Offline Chocolate Thunder

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Random super!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2008, 05:29:36 AM »
Lawlz :D.

As a WoW and Melty player, this is actually kind of a tricky situation that your in :3.

On the whole not being able to "settle" for WoW, I can say this: WoW is like wine, it really is an acquired taste for people.  If you can't get into it, you can't get into it, and that's perfectly fine.

As for Melty, tell her this; button mashers wouldn't be able to survive in Melty, unlike in MvC2.  A basic understanding of fighting games and being new to the game is perfectly understandable (you won't know many of the combos, and you're essentially just exploring characters), but button mashing with someone like, say, Sion (reload combo *shakes fist at magz*), is suicidal.  Also, Melty has a good number of technical characters (Sion, Sacchin, Nero, and Aoko, to name a few), so it takes a good amount of skill to pick em up and use them effectively.

If she doesn't have a basic understanding of fighting games, then you might be a bit out of luck ^_^;
I rike the angry China girl loli :3.

Offline Hier

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 6
  • Blade Ninja Skills!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2008, 06:47:33 AM »
WoW, why would anyone be playing that in the first place. Its clear that Maplestory is a much greater game then that god awful game WoW. ((Sorry I can't stand the game))

Well you also have to consider that some people don't like fighting games. They prefure the brainless point and click games.

How To Get Her To Play:
It would probably help if you showed her how to do a few things.
Let her pick who she thinks is the coolest (Looks w/e)
Teach her the BnB and go easy on her!
Wants to order the Limited Edition of MBAA...

Offline mir

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2008, 07:46:45 AM »
sucking dick is fun

I think the thread ended right there.
---

Anyhow, WoW is not about difficulty of play. In fact, it has to be one of the easiest MMOs out. The issue there is getting 24 other retards to not do anything stupid for 15min while you kill the bad guy. Think of it as working on your people skills.

As for getting your friend into melty, start with something simpler like playing through Tsukihime. If they don't buy the storyline, then hope is lost and you should do like the French and give up.
There's nothing to fear now.

Offline Harem

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • bubz
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2008, 09:13:37 AM »
As for Melty, tell her this; button mashers wouldn't be able to survive in Melty, unlike in MvC2. 
:psyduck:

Offline Alfonse

• Vigilant Pink
  • Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 22
  • Azu-nyan~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2008, 10:24:49 AM »
As for Melty, tell her this; button mashers wouldn't be able to survive in Melty, unlike in MvC2. 
:psyduck:

Good old projectile spam.
Keyboard crusher who couldn't pull off a proper BNB.

Offline Kelong

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2008, 05:13:33 PM »
WoW = job, I dont like going home after work to work.

Melty Blood = fun, i prefer to have fun after work.

Offline Boku

• Spellcaster
  • Banana <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2008, 05:44:34 PM »
Its clear that Maplestory is a much greater game then that god awful game WoW. ((Sorry I can't stand the game))
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

I cackle this as an avid hater of WoW btw, so don't get any ideas that I actually support the WoW community.

Offline motoh

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 20
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2008, 08:33:52 PM »
WoW the game is a great example of what an MMO should be, a scalable timesink where you can get a bit of reward for a little time or a lot for a lot.

WoW the community is a festering cesspit with the cancer of Battle.net thrown in for good measure, a rolling rioting beast of incessant ignorance and irritating antilogic that consumes all that  was once sensible in it's path.

As for hooking her on the game, try getting her hooked on the source material if she's not a fighting gamer.

~M

Offline Chun (中)

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 14
  • Aozaki: Miss=Blue
    • View Profile
    • Plain Rice is Delicious
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2008, 09:40:19 PM »
WoW, why would anyone be playing that in the first place. Its clear that Maplestory is a much greater game then that god awful game WoW. ((Sorry I can't stand the game))

As a person that quit Maple Story, after playing it in Closed Beta, Open Beta, AND a few months into Gold, there is NO WAY Maple Story can be any more than a pseudo Gaia-Online cesspool of unbalanced classes spamming and KSing all over the place.

Tell her you won't play WoW, you'll play Mabinogi.

~Chun
Melty Blood
Main: Aoko
Secondary: Kohaku
How about those orbs? BlazBlue: Litchi Arcana Heart: Kamui (Bha/Pa), Mei-Fang (LaGo) CvS2: K- Mai, Morrigan, Nakoruru (2)

Offline F9|Chibi

• Strongest Idiot
  • Magic Circuits: 136
  • portrait of eternal joy
    • View Profile
    • Pishi~
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2008, 10:49:09 PM »
Wow is indicative that a time sink can somehow equate to being a skill.

Play RBO together instead, it's far more fun.
~*Hai! Back to Japan!

pishi.wordpress.com - Updated once a week~

Offline pherai

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 25
    • View Profile
    • pherai.net
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2008, 12:02:05 PM »
On the whole not being able to "settle" for WoW, I can say this: WoW is like wine, it really is an acquired taste for people.  If you can't get into it, you can't get into it, and that's perfectly fine.

More like wine coolers. Wow is just a glorified diablo.

Oh god, just don't even post.
I heard anime expo isn't going to be that good this year...

Offline DarthTrey

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2008, 01:21:08 PM »
I Play WoW, and it's not really a button masher... I mean against NPC's it is, but against other players that's hardly the case...

Offline Keith

• Melty Muffin
  • Magic Circuits: 15
  • Back from the dead, hell yeah!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2008, 02:54:16 PM »

Buttonmashing which is fun!
Running H-Kohaku, and I don't want to stop.
Graced by the presence of His Wongness as he ly ped from the heavens and stole everyone's cash.

Offline Hier

• Spellcaster
  • Blade Ninja Skills!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2008, 04:12:03 PM »
Its clear that Maplestory is a much greater game then that god awful game WoW. ((Sorry I can't stand the game))
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

I cackle this as an avid hater of WoW btw, so don't get any ideas that I actually support the WoW community.

=P
WoW is the worst
Wants to order the Limited Edition of MBAA...

Offline F9|Chibi

• Strongest Idiot
  • Magic Circuits: 136
  • portrait of eternal joy
    • View Profile
    • Pishi~
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2008, 06:24:15 PM »

Buttonmashing which is fun!

I know, it's the perfect answer.
~*Hai! Back to Japan!

pishi.wordpress.com - Updated once a week~

Offline Chocolate Thunder

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Random super!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2008, 07:27:45 PM »

Oh god, just don't even post.

Hehe, am I wrong?  In most cases, every time I see a new person coming in to play MvC2, it's usually just straight up button mashing.  It ticks me off as it usually leads to breaking the cabinet sticks.  And I have seen MvC2 games where button mashers will beat out mid level players (which just makes me sad). 

Of course, high level players will completely own button mashers in MvC2, it just goes without saying.  With Melty, if you button mash, it's gonna be by chance that you beat mid level players
I rike the angry China girl loli :3.

Offline Irovax

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2008, 10:24:33 PM »
Melty Blood = fun, i prefer to have fun after work.

XD I've heard Melty be called work a lot. It's a pain to have your manly pride stripped away by a girl with a giant plastic box playing as a girl without pants who takes off her shirt after she Arc Drive Perfects you, ((translation: Me, with my ridiculous ghetto-stick playing as Miyako)) and it takes a lot of time to work up to a comparable level in a short amount of time to someone who's been playing since Re-ACT.

Oh yeah, and sorry guys, I'm female. Can't do those first suggestions, my apologies. -_-

And we live an ocean apart, also. She's in the US. I'm not. It's not that I actually want to get her to play or anything either. I just want her to see that it's on a completely different level than WoW, and that the level WoW is on is not somewhere that I enjoy. Like it was said, I'm not going to play a game to increase my people skills. I'd much rather decrease my reflex time.

RBO is amazing. Max'd out Magician here with ridiculous Ice Bolt/Fire Ball/Fire Wall spamming skills. Niconico combo video was hilarious. I did play Mabinogi for a long time, but not for more than maybe an hour a day or so. But if I'm playing an online game nowadays, it's going to be Arad.

And even if WoW isn't a button masher, if you can queue up skills and spells, what's the difference? And it's not like you can dodge out of the way of stuff, or cast counterspells, no matter how long you watch the opponent cast. -_- It's like a freaking Hisui-doken level 9, some of those spells.

XD And in Melty, if you're going against a button-masher, you can either Warc 236, Nyanyaya 236, or Ciel 214 spam and then you win. Warc j.2C works too, if you want insult to injury. However, my personal favorite is the Warakia Arc-Drive-every-single-time-you-get-100%-circuit strategy. =P I've had enough experience against scrubby players and button-mashers...

Oh, and pride-less girl, she just hacks in Maple Story. -_-;;

She's a nice person, though, and I don't intend any of these statements to be mean to HER, just to her playing and choice of gaming. >.<;;

Offline Boku

• Spellcaster
  • Banana <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2008, 11:57:02 PM »