When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: Youtube playlist of shitty music I think is good  (Read 3973 times)

Offline Ultima66

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 16
    • View Profile
Youtube playlist of shitty music I think is good
« on: March 08, 2011, 07:28:10 PM »
IIRC someone wanted me to suggest music. I said everything Onitsuka Chihiro. Well here's a bunch of songs I listen to that I think are nice from a couple of artists. Also not looking to adding more shit to here because as it turns out a ton of music isn't actually on Youtube, and Mika Nakashima songs are literally impossible to find when not digging for terrible covers because Japan seems to love covering her music.

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=917B9AC7C3AC7F3B

Yes this thread is retarded but whatever.

Offline abitofBaileys

• zzz
  • Germaniac
  • Magic Circuits: 159
    • View Profile
Re: Youtube playlist of shitty music I think is good
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2011, 08:49:07 AM »
I love you.

Offline MasterT

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2011, 08:56:12 PM »
oh shit i love lady gaga thanks man

Offline UNREAL BLACK THING

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 12
  • WTF does that even mean!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2011, 06:26:31 AM »

:laffo:
... does it matter?

No. ALRIGHT LETS GO KICK ASS

Offline Ultima66

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2011, 12:21:00 PM »
The funny thing is Lady Gaga is the only really popular recent performer* I respect at all because she knows what the fuck a piano is.

*Performer because I would kill myself if I ever called Justin Bieber or T-Pain or Katy Perry a "musician" or "singer"

Offline MasterT

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2011, 09:28:34 AM »
The funny thing is Lady Gaga is the only really popular recent performer* I respect at all because she knows what the fuck a piano is.

You cannot respect this.

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Magic Circuits: 120
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2011, 12:44:11 AM »
I respect all people who choose to rock a mane.  Even more so if it's natural.
<LoliSauce>   Yeah, so I live right in between an elementary school and a middle school about a block on each side of me
<Zar>      God loves you, Lolisauce
---
<Mauve>      [The Touhou fandom] are like the moe character equivalent of furries.

Offline Ultima66

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2011, 10:16:24 AM »
Meh, music rant time. Just heard this song for the first time in years and really listened to it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2QCjFX6NzA

So, BoA is someone I put on my list of people I don't really care for a very long time ago. I have never tagged her as a terrible singer, but if I could describe her in a single phrase, it would be "Asian Britney Spears." Which means this performance was surprisingly not bad. On the other hand, she is still a pop singer, and the weaknesses shine through with something like this. She doesn't have very much depth in her voice, typical for a pop singer, and especially when she hits low notes her vocal quality seriously diminishes. This seems like a more ambitious song than she can really perform. The instrumentation and musicality of the song itself are good, though, and she is a far better singer than anything I expect out of a typical pop singer.

I think the musical style fits way better with someone like Mika Nakashima. Mika Nakashima makes up for all of the weaknesses BoA shows in this performance, and also the music is very much like the kind of music Mika normally makes in the first place.

Also on another note: Adele. The stuff people say about her is hilarious. Yes, she's not particularly physically attractive and has a very good voice. She reminds me of a better Regina Spektor. But people think she's amazing because she can sing well despite her looks, woo? Just because they aren't popular since public opinion is complete shit and totally random doesn't mean good singers don't exist. Yes, I think Adele is a very good singer, far better than any other American singers I've heard. No, I don't think she has as much talent as Mika Nakashima. No, I don't think she's even close to comparable to Onitsuka Chihiro, in terms of music writing or singing talent. I like that she's popular, but seriously, I don't get what's the big deal. I guess if people weren't so fucking tasteless Adele would be their standard for musicians and not a high point.

Offline yanna

• Apprentice
  • Magic Circuits: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2012, 09:05:36 PM »
Super love the transition of the music. Its so chill and heart warming that I'm singing my heart out while listening to the songs.
Offering a variety of truffles and Artisan Chocolate

Offline Ultima66

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2012, 10:42:59 AM »
Oh this topic is still here.

This is impossible to actually keep songs in BTW. Mika Nakashima and Bonnie Pink's videos keep getting removed from Youtube. Oh well, I found out about KOKIA and added a few songs to the list. I think she's pretty good but what I really like is that I see a love and dedication to what she does that I don't see in almost anyone else.