When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: F-Akiha Combos & Setups  (Read 16879 times)

Offline Parapets

• Apprentice
  • Magic Circuits: 0
    • View Profile
F-Akiha Combos & Setups
« on: January 04, 2012, 09:13:59 PM »
I'm currently working on optimizing F-Akiha's combos. Since it feels really hard to do damage with her now, I want to make every hit count as much as possible. I'll be using this post to share what I've found.

All information is based on MBAACC 1.07. Damage numbers are tested on Archetype:Earth at max health.

Mid-screen BnB
2A 5B 2B (1) 2C 4C > j.AAA > airdash AA > sdj C 2C - (3076)
Best meterless corner carry.

2A 5B 2B (1) 2C 4C > j.AAAC > sdj (delay) C 2C - (3209)
Easier to execute and does more damage than the above combo, but has less carry.

2A 5B 2B (1) 2C 4C > j.BC > dj C 2C - (3159)
Easiest to execute but only carries about half the stage width.

2A 5B 2B (1) 2C 4C > j.C > sdj C 2C |> 623C, sdj A 2C - (3461)
Easily carries from corner to corner. Can also be used to prevent meter from reaching max. Character-specific?

2A 5B 2B (1) 2C 4C > j.BC > sdj (delay) C 2C |> 623C, sdj A 2C - (3607)
Amalgamation of the above 2 combos. Character-specific?

Airthrow |> 2A 4C > (air combo)

(Air CH/Shield Counter) 2B 5C 4C > (air combo)

(Air CH/Shield Counter) 2C 4C > (air combo)

Corner BnB
Note: 214B, 2B 5C can be replaced with 214B, 5A/2A 5C or 214B, 6C for easier timing; however, the damage and meter gain is slightly worse, and each string may not work properly on certain characters.

2A 5B 5C 6C 214B, 2B 5C 6C 623B - (3685)
Allows you to set a 22A pillar on the opponent's wakeup without using meter. No OTG possible.

2A 5B 5C 6C 214B, 2B 5C > BE j.236B |> j.BC > sdj C 2C - (4333)
Maximizes damage while allowing an OTG follow-up.

2A 5B 5C 6C 214B, 2B 5C 6C 22A (hold) xx 236C, j.BC > sdj C 2C - (3622)
Sacrifices some damage but allows you to set up a fuzzy mix-up with a meaty IAD attack. Can also be used to prevent meter from reaching max (if starting the combo with about 220-250). No OTG possible.

Corner OTG strings
2A 5AAAA 6C 22A xx 236C
Does not work on: Sion, Sion Tatari, Len, White Len, Neco Arc, Neco Arc Chaos
The pushback of this string causes 236C ("EX Ribbons") to punish the opponent trying to tech forward out of the corner. The opponent is forced to stay in the corner and block the ribbons with the charging pillar underneath. Akiha is left with significant frame advantage.

2A 5AAA 6C 22A xx 236C
Does not work on: Sion, Sion Tatari, Ciel, Akiha, Akiha Vermillion, Arcueid, Hisui, Kohaku, Mech-Hisui, Roa, Satsuki, Chaos, Ryougi, Neco Arc, Neco Arc Chaos
This variation is only worth learning for using on Len and White Len.

2AAAAA 6C 22A xx 236C
Does not work on: Nanaya, Sion, Sion Tatari, Akiha, Akiha Vermillion, Arcueid, Red Arcueid, Satsuki, Len, White Len, Akiha (Seifuku), Ryougi, Powerd Ciel, Neco Arc Chaos
This variation is only worth learning for using on Neco Arc.

2A 5AAA 5B 2C 4C 22A xx 236C
This string only works after a short combo (7 hits), making it somewhat situational.

Initiative Heat
(any BnB) j.2C (IH) j.C |> j.AC > sdj C 2C
j.B is possible in place of j.A, but timing is tighter.

(any BnB) j.2C (IH) j.C 2C

Fuzzy setups
Akiha can do a fuzzy mix-up with a deep IAD attack on a cornered opponent. To keep it safe and allow follow-ups, you must either have a charged 22X pillar underneath them or max meter. Most characters can get out of the high/low mix-up if they EX Guard the IAD attack.

IAD j.B/j.C (blocked) > dj C, (release 22X) |> j.C > sdj C 2C - (3339)

A fuzzy setup can also be done from a mid-screen cross-up.

cross-up j.C > dj9 C (IH) j.C |> (5A) 6C 214B, 2B 4C > j.BC > sdj C 2C
cross-up j.C > dj C (IH) j.C |> 5B 2B (1) 2C 4C > j.BC > sdj C 2C
cross-up j.C > dj C (IH) j.C |> (any combo)
« Last Edit: January 22, 2012, 10:52:28 PM by Parapets »

Offline WanteD

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 2
    • View Profile
Re: F-Akiha Combos & Setups
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2012, 07:12:58 AM »
Oh cool, I was talking yo psyblade yesterday about making a new thread cuz i was lazy to write it lol.
I'll have a cambo video ready for all those combos( and add some other fancy stuff ).

Offline Senovit

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2012, 04:27:24 PM »
Midscreen you can combo into 214B 5B 4C into air combo.

Corner you can also replace the 5a/2a before 5C with a 5B, though this seems significantly harder to time properly.

If you're in the corner and using 214B to catch mashing, you can of course follow up with either 5B (or 5A) if you're close or if you're far away enough from being pushblocked you can do a raw 5C into charged 2369B combo.

Edit: What are you all doing after a raw airthrow?  I can't seem to land and followup with anything big, so I've taken to just doing j.A sdj.C2C.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 08:11:28 PM by Senovit »

Offline ZKS

• Apprentice
    • View Profile

Offline WanteD

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2012, 08:23:05 PM »
Not everything is exactly the same but here are some examples

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7OH4rhXbgM&feature=youtu.be

Offline Psylocke

• Psyduck
  • Magic Circuits: 120
    • View Profile
    • Blog of Randomness
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2012, 12:12:16 AM »
Edit: What are you all doing after a raw airthrow?  I can't seem to land and followup with anything big, so I've taken to just doing j.A sdj.C2C.
raw airthrow land 5a4c into aircombo of choice.  You can probably do something a little more fancy if the airthrow makes Akiha corner the opponent.
Blog

‹ Tatari|JE › I have another friend who would play MB if it was "less like Mortal Kombat"
‹ HalVegas2 › how do you compare those two ‹ sphy › every time you touch someone in mb it turns into a BRUTALITY

Offline Senovit

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2012, 04:52:18 AM »
raw airthrow land 5a4c into aircombo of choice.  You can probably do something a little more fancy if the airthrow makes Akiha corner the opponent.

Thanks.  Just knowing it was possible to land made a big difference.

Offline Parapets

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2012, 05:11:26 PM »
Midscreen you can combo into 214B 5B 4C into air combo.

Corner you can also replace the 5a/2a before 5C with a 5B, though this seems significantly harder to time properly.

If you're in the corner and using 214B to catch mashing, you can of course follow up with either 5B (or 5A) if you're close or if you're far away enough from being pushblocked you can do a raw 5C into charged 2369B combo.

That 214B, 5B link does improve combo damage, but it seems to be a 1-2f link, with approximately a 50f gap between inputs. That gap is also inconsistent when chaining into 214B because of the leniency window for inputting it. Because of this, I don't think it's humanly possible to learn.

Offline Ryd

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2012, 06:19:27 PM »
It's possible, you just need enough practice.  2B was a much easier link for only a bit less damage in the PS2 days; not sure how well it'd work now since it's been changed to 2 hits.
:prinny:

Offline Parapets

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2012, 07:08:38 PM »
It's possible, you just need enough practice.  2B was a much easier link for only a bit less damage in the PS2 days; not sure how well it'd work now since it's been changed to 2 hits.
It probably depends on the opponent character, come to think of it. I was testing on Archetype:Earth, and it's not reliable on her. I'm doing some quick testing with 2B on a few characters, and it seems like it might be even more reliable than 5A/2A, and it's also slightly better for damage and meter. I'll update my post again after some more testing.

Offline Senovit

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2012, 05:04:29 PM »
Now using j.236b 4C j.bc sdj.c2c after a raw airthrow.  Credits to Adviceowl for finding this.

Offline Parapets

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2012, 04:25:34 PM »
I found this fuzzy setup last week, but I'm not sure how useful it'd be. Total damage for the setup and follow-up is ~6000, which is high for F-Akiha, though maybe not high by other characters' standards.

Far from corner:
2A 5B 2B (1) 2C 22C (hold) xx 214C, dash 4C > j.C 2C - (2321)
After the combo, jump and airdash for a cross-up j.C. Double jump C for overhead or land 5B for low.
I'm thinking this would be a good alternative to using the 623C OTG to carry from corner to corner.

Near corner:
2A 5B 2B (1) 2C 22C/B (hold) xx 214C, dash 4C > j.BC > sdj C 2C - (2505)
This leads into the corner fuzzy setup. IAD j.B and then double jump C for overhead or land 5B for low. This would be most useful against Warachia and Half moon because they are unable to escape with EX Guard.

Offline SparklyDemonLord

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2012, 04:47:55 PM »
214B > 5CB link is a lot easier if you delay the 214B a little.  You have a pretty long time to wait without dropping the combo between 6C and 214B, and delaying it gives you consistent, learnable timing.

Edit: lol 5C?
« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 10:18:18 AM by SparklyDemonLord »

Offline Sashi

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 9
  • Scene Killer~
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2012, 09:33:41 AM »
Do 2A3C41236C instead for like 50 less damage and have it be a lot easier and less time?

EDIT: Actually, do 2AC3C instead for more damage and even easier.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 09:38:36 AM by Sashi »
Clmelty: Rokumoe!

Offline SparklyDemonLord

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2012, 01:10:38 PM »
It's just some KoF shit.  Just do it fast and make sure you're getting the entire motion.  Exaggerate the arc drive to 741236C if it helps.  To use it as a tick you have to cancel super fast, or the 623B's first hit connects.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 01:14:02 PM by SparklyDemonLord »

Offline WanteD

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2012, 05:07:53 PM »
Yea you pretty much input the dp and the ad as fast as you can with out waiting for a confirm

Offline Martee Blood

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 3
  • Martee Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2013, 10:07:38 PM »
2A 5B 2B (1) 2C 4C > j.BC > sdj (delay) C 2C |> 623C, sdj A 2C - (3607)
Amalgamation of the above 2 combos. Character-specific?
With the exception of the neco-arcs, it works on everyone.
what I've noted:

-Some characters will hafta be attacked by j.b as soon as you jump.

-Allowing sdj to carry you directly above your opponent before you do j.C, J.2C will guarantee you 623C otg and follow up upon landing. No need to worry about jumping over NrvnQsr though.

EDIT: tidied it up a bit, cause I had a little trouble reading it myself. Also, OCD.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 08:59:48 PM by Martee »
I've fucked all the waifus.

Offline Martee Blood

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 3
  • Martee Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2013, 08:18:40 PM »
we should be putting block strings here. I don't see how it's possible to survive without staggers using this character. I'll edit this post when I've tested some and feel like I've got shit I can add that seems applicable to everyone.
All's I know right now is you need to stagger everything imaginable, from normals to the pits if you wanna keep your opponent in the corner.
In the meantime, how 'bout sharing some stuff with me?
What do you prefer to do when their under your pressure?
I've fucked all the waifus.

Offline AnFox

• DEATHTRAP EXPERT
  • Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 51
  • Yip Yip Yap
    • View Profile
    • twitta
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2013, 09:21:58 PM »
we should be putting block strings here. I don't see how it's possible to survive without staggers using this character. I'll edit this post when I've tested some and feel like I've got shit I can add that seems applicable to everyone.
All's I know right now is you need to stagger everything imaginable, from normals to the pits if you wanna keep your opponent in the corner.
In the meantime, how 'bout sharing some stuff with me?
What do you prefer to do when their under your pressure?
http://www.meltybread.com/forums/akiha-tohno/f-akiha-discussion/
(GenericSuperhero) zar what's your ethnicity
(justEXPOSED) GenericSuperhero: salt

Offline Ryd

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2013, 09:49:22 PM »
You can (ab)use the fact that 421x and 22x are delayed/delayable attacks, and once people start to respect the frame traps you get off these, you can use them to reset each other and mix in other specials (236BEB, 214x).  If you're doing delayed pillar release pressure, mix 5B and 2B/2C so that they have to keep guessing with high or low shield when you dash back in.

Pulling this as an example from the old AA thread that Fox linked:

2A 5B 5C 22[A] (opponent respects pillar) dash 2B(1) 5[C]]A[ 421A ]C[ 22[A] 5B 5[C]]A[ 421[A]]C[ (opponent respects pillar+web) 2369BEB dash 5B 5[C]]A[ 421A ]C[ 22[A]

This is still functional, but is no longer a guaranteed guard break on C moon (leaves them with around 20~25% guard bar) thanks to F-Akiha's nerfs.  It can be easily extended though; once you get the hang of this kind of thing, you can get a little creative, which tends to result in opponents getting either really antsy for escape (constant poking and jumping), or really defensive/scared.  Either can be capitalized on (fall back to frame traps into combo+pressure reset for the former, guard breaks for the latter).

Try to avoid starting combos post-guard break with 421A (i.e. keep track of their guard bar if you're running heavy pressure, and don't throw one out if it'll connect post-break if you can help it), because it's a guaranteed damage loss over just about anything else you could've done (I'm very sad about this, but the damage potential was ridiculous).  You can still be semi-flashy with pit-corner combos without losing much:

(22[A]) 5B 5C 6C 214B 6[C]]A[ 421A ]C[ jB jC sdj jC j2C, though this nets 4.9k (vs V.Sion) compared to:

5B 5C 6C 214B 5B 5C 2369BEB 5A 3C jC jC sj jC j2C for 5.2k, or:

(22[A]) 5B 5C 4C jB jC dj jC j2C ]A[ land jC dj jC j2C for 5k (though it's especially funny to watch with IH extension for more elevator action)

Of note: I don't think the 2A 2C loop works anymore.

Offline Ryd

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2014, 05:17:35 AM »
Something of note for this not-quite-dead game/forum (and because this is going to be spreading among the SoCal F-Akiha army anyway :V )...

Akiha's 623A doesn't get enough credit.  Against aerial approaches in the area above Akiha, you can get the first hit to connect and the second to whiff, netting you a full combo pickup with 2C, which is a lot more incentive to use it against the characters that can't beat it out clean with ridiculously deep moves like Nero's jB or C-Kohaku's jC.  On regular hit, it's safe, but you don't get a pickup.  If both hits connect, 22A (xx 236/214C) is your go-to followup.