Psylocke:
Thanks to sibladeko and Curbeh for the translations of changes in Arcadia

C-Akiha:
J2C - Hitbox expanded upward
623B - Last hit hitbox Expanded
4C - Prorate higher

F-Akiha:
4C - Weaker
22A - Vector, charge time, guard damage lowered (By charge time I think it means duration)
Damage universally lowered
421A disappears when doing an Arc Drive(no more unblockable setup)

H-Akiha:
236B - Start up and recovery better
4C - Prorate larger
5A6A - Prorate larger(universal halfmoon nerf)

Ryd:

--- Quote from: Psylocke on August 06, 2010, 03:02:29 PM ---F-Akiha:

--- End quote ---

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVsPBNC0mmA#t=5m12s

UB setup is still in :-\

Sdj:

--- Quote from: Ryd on August 27, 2010, 10:46:30 AM ---
--- Quote from: Psylocke on August 06, 2010, 03:02:29 PM ---F-Akiha:

--- End quote ---

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVsPBNC0mmA#t=5m12s

UB setup is still in :-\

--- End quote ---

nah it's looks to me that 412A hit's becourse he attemps a jump out then arc drive just combo's into it. if he blocked it wouldn't grab him.

on the other hand it's still a mix up due to the fact you  can miss time a 421A and arc drive grab or just let the 421A hit.

Ryd:

--- Quote from: Sdj on December 02, 2010, 08:28:39 PM ---nah it's looks to me that 412A hit's becourse he attemps a jump out then arc drive just combo's into it. if he blocked it wouldn't grab him.

on the other hand it's still a mix up due to the fact you  can miss time a 421A and arc drive grab or just let the 421A hit.

--- End quote ---

I haven't seen any documented change to the frame data on 421A (the documented change was 421A disappearing if the AD is input, which clearly isn't the case), and the AD still functions the same; that also isn't the only vid where the unblockable setup's been done, it was just the first one I'd found at the time.  The reason it looks exceptionally tight is because Ries gets up really damn slowly, which throws the timing off.  You can see Bonta briefly return to neutral instead of going straight into the AD as soon as possible, so it could've come out faster; it's just that if it had, it probably would have caught Ries in the throw-invulnerable frames on wake up and failed.  The only thing that's changed is allowing 421A to be IH'd, which let you do the unblockable from anywhere; that was removed in the Arcade -> PS2 balancing; i.e. the unblockable can still be done, but with the restrictions that the U.S. players have learned to deal with.

There isn't any reason to mistime the setup; you always want the AD to grab just before the knot hits since the AD will grab opponents in the air (depending on spacing) or in hitstun.  The knot is there to close off escape; unless the opponent has a move to go invincible through the grab and land behind Akiha without getting hit by the rest of the AD, they aren't escaping the setup without taking damage.  In a worst-case scenario, it doesn't matter if the opponent is able to jump early (usually poor timing/spacing on the Akiha player's part) and block the first part of the AD, as the knot will guard crush them, and Akiha can follow up with a combo (depending on spacing) into knockdown with oki.

Sdj:
ahhh. i see, misunderstood so the changes state it like this.
- 421A setup
into Arc drive
- opp. stays put and AD activates
- 421A disapears and does not add damage nor combo
correct?

UB setup is same otherwise

Watched some more vids lately as well just to see if my statement above was the case. i'm thinking the latter of your opinion is more precise.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9L4vT5i1dUs

around 9:30 the F-Akiha.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version