When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: MBAACC Akiha  (Read 22872 times)

Offline Rokunaya

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 16
  • Keepin' it alive
    • View Profile
Re: MBAACC Akiha
« Reply #25 on: December 27, 2011, 09:50:27 AM »
Instant J2C instant heat immediate Airdash JA would still be an interesting mixup, but this opens minds up for testing for sure.
clmelty: great roku! lol / I like roku lol
clmelty: I want to make CL like roku team
clmelty: Roku is best popular player in the meltyworld

Offline Tonberry

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 53
  • $NJ$
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 27, 2011, 04:35:42 PM »
Yeah that's cross-up protection. I'm not sure why the game makers put it in, but they prolly wanted cross-ups to be more work/set-up/slower like overheads in Melty. Maybe it has something to do with 623 inputs coming out as 214 inputs in cross-up situations most of the time.

Melty without crossup protection would be really bad.  Any character that could put stuff on the screen that hits later would have unblockable mixups. 
[01:08] <Komidol> that marisa cosplayer that took my registration was sexy
[15:24] <Rokunaya> i've actually reached the point where some voice actors sound familiar in animes
[22:40] <bellreisa> i'm an insane murderer who is overwhelmed by nihilism but that's ok cause i'm in love

Offline Ryd

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 27, 2011, 06:33:58 PM »
Melty without crossup protection would be really bad.  Any character that could put stuff on the screen that hits later would have unblockable mixups.

Not really.  If you always have to block attacks away from where your opponent is (as it is in just about every other fighter), everything works out fine.  It'd give some characters stronger mixup options, but it'd all be blockable.
:prinny:

Offline Tonberry

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 53
  • $NJ$
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 27, 2011, 07:00:16 PM »
Not really.  If you always have to block attacks away from where your opponent is (as it is in just about every other fighter), everything works out fine.  It'd give some characters stronger mixup options, but it'd all be blockable.

Melty is a much faster game than most fighters.  They took out crossup protection in the original version of MBAA. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdtJBL7iNmM#t=2m20s
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlhyyTfQ4zM#t=3m45s

No one is actually going to be able to block mixups like this.  You'd have to correctly adjust block at least 4x vs cactus mixups midscreen.  At the speed that you can switch directions and the fact that you have to guess how she's going to cross you up(is she going to sj over you, is she going to dodge, is she going to neutral jump then time an airdash forward/backward changing the timing based on cactus pushing you to other side or not, etc.) that's not going to happen without a high degree of luck. 
[01:08] <Komidol> that marisa cosplayer that took my registration was sexy
[15:24] <Rokunaya> i've actually reached the point where some voice actors sound familiar in animes
[22:40] <bellreisa> i'm an insane murderer who is overwhelmed by nihilism but that's ok cause i'm in love

Offline Ryd

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 27, 2011, 08:24:09 PM »
It's probably my GG background talking, but I don't see anything wrong with mixups that have to be blocked by read rather than reaction, especially since damage in MB tends to be lower on the whole.

It's probably best to cut the discussion here though; it's not really related to Akiha anymore.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2011, 08:26:33 PM by Ryd »

Offline Psylocke

• Psyduck
  • Magic Circuits: 120
    • View Profile
    • Blog of Randomness
« Reply #30 on: December 31, 2011, 02:07:55 AM »
Alright, I played a ton of Melty today and it seems that F-Akiha still plays pretty much the same.  To sum it up, she's gotten several damage nerfs from PS2 version and the only thing she's gained is 623c otg relaunch.  So she still plays the same, it just takes longer to kill the opponent because of less dmg.

I also streamed a really quick F-Akiha tutorial 2 days ago
http://www.twitch.tv/psyblade/b/304014000

Quick summary:
Most significant nerf was in 412(fire knot) series.  It used to do 1700 dmg, with no prorate in PS2.  It now does 900 dmg with 50% prorate.  This is a pretty big hit, ex. knot into throw used to do 3000dmg on VSion, now it does around 1500.

There's a bunch of other assorted damage nerfs, but the ones that stand out the most to me are in 4c(840 dmg and 80% prorate, compared to PS2 925dmg no prorate), 5b(600dmg 90% prorate, compared to PS2 700dmg no prorate), and 2c(1000 dmg 55% prorate, compared to PS2 1200 dmg 60% prorate).

Deathtrap still works.  It just does less damage now because of the 412a change.  Ex. Deathtrap on VSion does 4000 dmg, it used to do around 5000 in PS2.

623c OTG relaunch is nice, though I can't really judge how much it adds to her game.  So far, it seems really useful for getting a full combo from a far 2c hit.  It's also useful for extending combos to send the opponent into the corner, if you don't feel like learning the corner carry combo with a flurry of j.a
Blog

‹ Tatari|JE › I have another friend who would play MB if it was "less like Mortal Kombat"
‹ HalVegas2 › how do you compare those two ‹ sphy › every time you touch someone in mb it turns into a BRUTALITY

Offline Ryd

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 31, 2011, 10:20:54 AM »
Good to know.  Seems the knots were overnerfed.  Not that they didn't need to be toned down; being able to potentially kill in one combo+AD setup was dumb, but what they did seems a little overkill.  I'm kinda curious to know if it's even worth trying to work them into her combos now.  At 50% proration and almost 50% of the old damage, doesn't seem likely.

Edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=iCqKs0FtFXo#t=840s

Did this loop always exist?
« Last Edit: December 31, 2011, 11:49:24 AM by Ryd »

Offline WanteD

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 04, 2012, 03:49:06 PM »
Nero specific combo, It was there before.

Offline babythethao

• Apprentice
  • Magic Circuits: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 04, 2012, 06:13:17 PM »
about flamepit setup. In AA and AACC when you press 2 before 8-9 it become Sjump. So how cant when do tk flamepit setup ( tk 22c)?

Offline Psylocke

• Psyduck
  • Magic Circuits: 120
    • View Profile
    • Blog of Randomness
« Reply #34 on: January 04, 2012, 06:24:38 PM »
You can try doing the tigerknee jumping backwards.  So the input would be 227c.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 06:28:31 PM by Psylocke »
Blog

‹ Tatari|JE › I have another friend who would play MB if it was "less like Mortal Kombat"
‹ HalVegas2 › how do you compare those two ‹ sphy › every time you touch someone in mb it turns into a BRUTALITY

Offline babythethao

• Apprentice
  • Magic Circuits: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 04, 2012, 06:28:35 PM »
I would recommend doing the tigerknee jumping backwards.  So the input would be 227c.

Some people have also had success doing 282, but I find it harder.
Just can't do it  :V
why so hard.... :gonk:

Offline Greg

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 25
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 04, 2012, 07:14:18 PM »
I would recommend doing the tigerknee jumping backwards.  So the input would be 227c.

Some people have also had success doing 282, but I find it harder.
Just can't do it  :V
why so hard.... :gonk:

I struggled with it a bit with the new buffer. You just gotta input really fast.
It makes me sick to think I was fucking a woman who was having sex with an alligator.

Offline Dusk Thanatos

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 05, 2012, 01:23:25 AM »
Editing because 2282C is stupid.

Do 227C for TK flamepit
« Last Edit: January 20, 2012, 10:00:22 AM by Dusk Thanatos »

Offline Sashi

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 9
  • Scene Killer~
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 05, 2012, 03:12:52 AM »
I do what is essentially a 22147C. That said, 227C works perfectly. It just makes a slight impact on my hand as I hit 7 when I need to do it quickly. Hurts my fingers if I do it a lot, so I do the 214-esque motion in the middle. Probably just 'cause I hold my stick weird, so just do 227C.
Clmelty: Rokumoe!

Offline Benny1

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 16
  • Christmas Akiha just got sexier!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 05, 2012, 09:15:53 PM »
So, what's the point of 2[C]?  Is it just supposed to be a stagger?  It barely has any more movement, it does the same exact damage, it's the same amount of - on block...
C-Wara main, H-Warc/F-Sion alt.

Offline AnFox

• DEATHTRAP EXPERT
  • Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 51
  • Yip Yip Yap
    • View Profile
    • twitta
« Reply #40 on: January 05, 2012, 10:00:35 PM »
So, what's the point of 2[C]?  Is it just supposed to be a stagger?  It barely has any more movement, it does the same exact damage, it's the same amount of - on block...
I have found no use for it yet, but I'm waiting for japan to up something (like they always do)
(GenericSuperhero) zar what's your ethnicity
(justEXPOSED) GenericSuperhero: salt

Offline Tempered

• America is free to Satsuki
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 22
  • fullscreen j.[c] mixup
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 30, 2012, 06:20:14 PM »
Anybody mind translating the name of akihas last arc for me?
During Loser's Finals at NECX:

<Crowd at Jiyuna about to Lose> Na na na naaaa, na na na naaaa, hey hey hey, Goodbyeeee~

Offline AnFox

• DEATHTRAP EXPERT
  • Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 51
  • Yip Yip Yap
    • View Profile
    • twitta
« Reply #42 on: October 15, 2013, 11:45:41 AM »
Wasn't sure where to put this but here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TE-Xc3NTbA
(GenericSuperhero) zar what's your ethnicity
(justEXPOSED) GenericSuperhero: salt