When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Atlas Academy > Akiha Tohno

Crescent Moon Akiha

<< < (2/11) > >>

Mistwraith:
Well if u know how to combo, her command grab is combo-able, who says it is not  :teach:
And what do you mean by 623B won't work ? In what scenario ?

dakanya:
@CT_Warrior: If your opponent is going to try to jump out of 5B (5A) delay 2A, he's going to do so at the first possible frame 'cause he just has to hold up after blocking 5B and you'll only have like 1 or 2 frames where you can actually catch them. Otherwise at best you're going to hit them while they're airborne. Even staggered 2As are better at stopping jump outs just because it takes frames to stop holding 1 on top of the couple more frames of leeway you get by going straight from another 2A. For punishing jump outs 5B (5A) delay 2A seems mad weak but everything else looks legit and 214B is debatable but I won't push it since you are aware of the risks.

@YubelPhoenix: You can only combo into the A version and you can't combo off it. I don't think you can use 623B kara 63214C as a combo ender either.

Ryd:
EX command throw is really good.  The invincibility lets you grab people's hitboxes in some pretty interesting situations (extreme example: grabbing off of Nanaya's 236 series from almost 2 character lengths away, and seeing him get sucked into your hand).  Also seems really good for ending matches, as the invincibility protects from pokes, and there doesn't appear to be time for the opponent to jump once the superflash goes off; making for some scary pressure to be up against at crunch time.  Now if only this or her BHAD would grab jumpers in her immediate airspace the way F-Moon's does...

dakanya:
Yeah the EX command throw is indeed very strong. They cannot jump out on reaction to the superflash since the startup is 5+1 frames. Five frames before the superflash, one frame after it. I've grabbed Kohaku 5B with it before ^^; but it probably wouldn't have worked if she had hit 2C... that move doesn't extend her hitbox. Command grabs are nerfed in general in MBAA just because a lot of characters have attacks that don't extend their hitbox.

CT_Warrior:
Dakanya, that's untrue.
I don't know why, but if you do 2A 5B5A 2A, you can cancel that last 5A to 2A. Try it!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version