When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: MBAA Akiha  (Read 40218 times)

Offline Psylocke

• Psyduck
  • Magic Circuits: 120
    • View Profile
    • Blog of Randomness
MBAA Akiha
« on: September 24, 2008, 01:37:58 AM »
New thread for MBAA Akiha, I guess.  Compiling some of the posts on her that were said on various threads before...

Wtf, AkihaH pits auto ignite?  GAY.

AkihaH may have auto-ignite pits but the loss of ribbons is pretty saddening. TK ribbons in pressure, loss of an excellent poke and a mobility tool is horrible. The loss of j.C also means she now lacks an aerial poke to use when she is under the opponent, instead she has two downward aerial normals. An auto-igniting pit is also pretty weak as you can't drain any health or meter and does not augment her pressure at all.

As far as I can see, AkihaH is an extremely nerfed version of Akiha. HM was supposed to be for scrubs anyways so whatever.

On the bright side auto ignite pits give frame advantage in the way 236C does, but that doesn't make up for how much she loses. It does look like the overall area her j.C covers is pretty big, though, it's not as bad as you make it out to be.

Some impressions on Akiha from the geesendou vids

First off, the Akiha player was really good, it was pretty obvious that the player was very familiar and had a lot of experience with MBAC Akiha.  Kept sticking with Half Moon Akiha for some reason.  I would have liked to see the other styles, but oh well

Akiha's voice is still really good.  She still has all of her ground normals, and gains a new one that kind of looks like her 6c except that she leans forward a bit.  All of her old combos, like hitconfirm into 2c5bb or the wallslam combos still work, and she still does pretty good damage.  She loses her old j.c, and her j.c is now a downward angled attack with really good crossup hitboxes.  The Akiha player was drawing counterhits all day with it.  Her new j.2c becomes very similar to VAkiha j.c, giving a knockdown but it floats her up a bit and also for some reason can be blocked low.  5c also seems to move her forward a lot more than before too.

The ground 236 series makes her automatically do a tiger knee ribbon, and 236c becomes very similar to how tk 236c worked in pre-FT Melty Blood ReACT, making her recover faster so that she has more frame advantage.  The 214 series can be charged now to give it extra range, which is cool but doesn't look like it has very good use.  And the new j.236 series she gets makes her shoot out a ball of ribbons, which has really big startup.  Her new j.22's are pretty interesting.  Doing the j.22a or j.22b in neutral actually seems to be pretty good for controlling space now because of the autoignition.  The Akiha player was trying to experiment with setups involving a knockdown into j.22c, trying to make the automatic pit ignition hit meaty, but he wasn't really having that much success with it.

H Akiha seems to be a bit stronger pressurewise.  Losing the old flamepits is pretty bad, but having the 236 series giving an automatic tigerknee ribbon means she can break one of the rules of MB(jump cancel a blocked normal), as before she had to let a blocked normal recover completely before she could do a tk ribbon.  236c also seems to be very good for pressure too since it gives more frame advantage than the similar tk j.236c in MBAC.  The changed properties on j.c and j.2c also mean that H Akiha doesn't have one of MBAC Akiha's main weaknesses, not having a strong jumpin, so she will have a much easier time now landing in the air against characters like Nero.  j.c crosses up so there will probably be some left/right setups developed for that in the future.

On the flip side, j.2c losing its overhead properties means that H Akiha probably has really crappy high/low mixup.  The new j.c and j.2c give her great new options for air-to-ground, but she now can't fight anyone air-to-air, since her old j.c angled up.  With no air attack that hits at an upwards angle and the loss of real air flame ribbons, she pretty much has no answer to stuff like Warc j.b and Nanaya j.a unless there's some special properties on her new downwards angled j.c that we don't know about.

I think H Akiha is weaker than MBAC Akiha overall, she has some nice new options though.  I think she can be pretty good if she basically avoids fighting air-to-air in situations where she is below the opponent

Wtf, AkihaH pits auto ignite?  GAY.

AkihaH may have auto-ignite pits but the loss of ribbons is pretty saddening. TK ribbons in pressure, loss of an excellent poke and a mobility tool is horrible. The loss of j.C also means she now lacks an aerial poke to use when she is under the opponent, instead she has two downward aerial normals. An auto-igniting pit is also pretty weak as you can't drain any health or meter and does not augment her pressure at all.

As far as I can see, AkihaH is an extremely nerfed version of Akiha. HM was supposed to be for scrubs anyways so whatever.
Change of opinion with new information.

Akiha's new j.C seems pretty fast and has excellent hitboxes (still doesn't compensate for a loss of an upwards aerial poke though). May or may not have potential for a fuzzy guard which would compensate for the loss of j.2C mixup... Her j.2C is no longer usable as a ground overhead but knocks down like V.Akiha's MBAC j.C... which means she loses her old j.2C options btw

Ground 236 are automatically TK 2368s now... but the ribbon is shorter and you cannot move forwards or backwards...

Pillars reach further (I thought I already wrote this in my old post but I guess I didn't... hey maybe I should start an MBAA Akiha thread...)

May or may not have potential for a fuzzy guard which would compensate for the loss of j.2C mixup.

It looks like she does. In a recent vid a guy was playing around with a FG and was able to get one off, but there doesn't seem to be any follow-up
Blog

‹ Tatari|JE › I have another friend who would play MB if it was "less like Mortal Kombat"
‹ HalVegas2 › how do you compare those two ‹ sphy › every time you touch someone in mb it turns into a BRUTALITY

Offline Psylocke

• Psyduck
    • View Profile
    • Blog of Randomness
Re: MBAA Akiha
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2008, 01:45:54 AM »
Geesendou is beasting with videos, so here's some more observations

Halfmoon Akiha also has a new ground normal that looks like Ciel 6a, it also wallslams, maybe it can be comboed after?  The startup on 236c(which is really her old tk j.236c) seems to be a bit slower, as even when the H-Akihas did 2c or 5c xx 236c, the opponent was able to jump.  I dunno if Akiha recovers in time to be able to attempt guardbreak though.

There are also some vids of Crescent Akiha on the account.  From what I could see, she is for the most part unchanged.  The main change is that her ground throw has a different animation(more fire comes out), it does less damage, and it makes Akiha regenerate some life, like MBAC VAkiha's ground throw.  Also, her j.236a and j.236b affect her air momentum a bit differently than they did before.

Also, it seems that for all versions of Akiha, she regains her super double jump.  Those that played Melty Blood ReACT will know what this is, but it basically allows her to do air chains like j.bc dj.bc airdash j.c airthrow much easier than before.

Another thing to note is that because of the systemwide addition of sj8, 228c as an input to do instant j.22c will give a sj j.22c, which is much less frame advantage.  A new method to do instant j.22c will probably be 227c, since I don't think sj7 was added in this game?
« Last Edit: September 24, 2008, 11:58:56 AM by Psylocke »
Blog

‹ Tatari|JE › I have another friend who would play MB if it was "less like Mortal Kombat"
‹ HalVegas2 › how do you compare those two ‹ sphy › every time you touch someone in mb it turns into a BRUTALITY

Offline pbj_mixxa

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 1
  • LOLI-DANCE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2008, 04:02:51 PM »
Here's something I noticed... in one of the vids, I saw h-vakiha do j.22c and got hit out of the startup, but the pit still ignited.  If the same applies for akiha, it may give her good reversal opportunities in addition to good pressure.

Although it may take a lot of getting used to, I find h-akiha's zeinest-like move (I think it may be either j.236x or j.214x) to also be a great addition to her arsenal.  It seems to allow for dp-safe, shield-safe, and heat-safe oki setups similar to 214b.  Also, since it has a delayed hit, it shuts down random mashes as long as you anticipate and guard.  It sorta reminds me of millia's disk.  Not to mention, the zoning properties of the move are great (maybe not quite as good as akiha's ribbons, but still solid).

h-akiha's j.c is, officially, GOD-TIER!  That shit's got MADD priority, clash frames, crossups, fuzzies, and leads to massive dmg.  WHAT MORE COULD YOU ASK FOR IN A JUMP-IN?!!!!!!!!

(about time we got an MBAA akiha thread!)
« Last Edit: September 24, 2008, 04:05:15 PM by pbj_mixxa »
I like pi!

Offline sumbody

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2008, 12:42:37 AM »
The biggest loss of H-Akiha would be TK J2C i guess.

Guess that makes TK j2C C-Akiha exclusive?

F-Moon and H-Moon have the same moveset is it? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Offline Pfhor

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 22
  • Beyond the 1% barrier.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2008, 09:53:02 AM »
F-Moon and H-Moon have the same moveset is it? Correct me if I'm wrong.

You are wrong.

It's character specific, but none of them are exactly the same so far, half moon only borrows a few moves from full.

Offline Psylocke

• Psyduck
    • View Profile
    • Blog of Randomness
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2008, 02:59:54 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7l5Hble25qc
8:36, new BNB maybe?  Seemed to do great damage but everything does good damage to VAkiha
Blog

Offline Sphyra

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 9
  • Mind Over Doesn't Matter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2008, 03:54:14 PM »
Akiha PUNCH

I've also seen an extra j.c added after the airdash at the end before airthrow a few times.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2008, 03:55:50 PM by Sphyra »
Don't give in to astonishment!

Offline Press

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 4
  • Seizon Senryaku!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2008, 04:00:45 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7l5Hble25qc
8:36, new BNB maybe?  Seemed to do great damage but everything does good damage to VAkiha
Saw a really awesome cross up with Akiha's j.C at 3:08
Happy Birthday to the GROUND

Offline Psylocke

• Psyduck
    • View Profile
    • Blog of Randomness
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2008, 05:16:07 PM »
More videos that have Crescent Akiha in them today.  She seems to have lost the special superjump cancel on her 5bb, which normally would be pretty bad but she got her super double jump back so I guess it's not too big of a deal.
Blog

Offline sumbody

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2008, 10:11:52 AM »
More videos that have Crescent Akiha in them today.  She seems to have lost the special superjump cancel on her 5bb, which normally would be pretty bad but she got her super double jump back so I guess it's not too big of a deal.

Watch 7:05 to 7:10 for http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=cI4n9ZMyLOs

The C.Akiha player managed a special superjump after 5BB in the corner combo, but mid screen, he always does a normal jump. I don't get how it works now.

EDIT: I think there's a super jump input like X-men vs SF. I'm guessing 28 or something like that. The C.Akiha did a super jump out of the combo. If so, 5BB Super jump is still possible right?

Then again, I might be wrong.

EDIT2: I must stop editing my post all the time lol. Its possible as shown in this 4:35 to 4:38 of http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=2RXUe8o9IlQ

Looks like it will take some time getting used to different inputs in C.Akiha's BNB.

Yes, C.Akiha's grab is still like MBAC Akiha. 5:14 of http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=2RXUe8o9IlQ
« Last Edit: September 27, 2008, 10:27:53 AM by sumbody »

Offline pbj_mixxa

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • LOLI-DANCE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2008, 10:12:21 AM »
A little something to add... I think c-akiha's drain grab is a command grab.  I know I saw a vid somewhere where she did her regular, non-drain, grab.
I like pi!

Offline Psylocke

• Psyduck
    • View Profile
    • Blog of Randomness
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2008, 11:18:26 AM »
Random Akiha clips that someone put up
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFKOa5GSx-Y
New BNB in Half-Moon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pquPuJmGRg
New combo in Full Moon, no idea if this will become the general bnb

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QPaDr6ZRQM
New corner combo in Full Moon
Blog

Offline sumbody

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2008, 12:18:40 PM »
Those new combos are looking good. Adding command specials to a BNB is always nice.

Offline Pfhor

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 22
  • Beyond the 1% barrier.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2008, 09:47:13 PM »
http://jp.youtube.com/watch?v=9f6A934lbtI

Full moon akiha AD combo.

SHE CAN GRAB PEOPLE IN THE AIR AGAIN AND PROBABLY OTG.

Offline pbj_mixxa

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • LOLI-DANCE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2008, 08:39:28 AM »
I like pi!

Offline Psylocke

• Psyduck
    • View Profile
    • Blog of Randomness
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2008, 12:06:59 AM »
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm4821085
Match with C-Akiha in it

So, C-Akiha also has charged air ribbons, which I think multiple times instead of once.
pbj was right, the different ground throw that drains life that was mentioned earlier ends up actually being a command throw.  There's also an EX version, and the EX version has invincibility frames.  Doesn't do much damage, though
« Last Edit: October 04, 2008, 12:14:25 AM by Psylocke »
Blog

Offline Psylocke

• Psyduck
    • View Profile
    • Blog of Randomness
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2008, 03:32:47 PM »
http://park10.wakwak.com/~yukino/
12 matches, finally some good footage of F-Akiha, with Yukinose playing, no less

Some general observations: j.b is different, it seems like it angles up, though not as much as MBAC Akiha's j.c  Her j.c and j.2c are the same as the Halfmoon versions.  2c seems to have less range, and 4c launches on hit now.  She still has air ribbons, but they seem to have slightly longer reach, and she can also charge them, which makes them hit multiple times.

Biggest change is her 22 and 214.  One of those creates something of a cross between a flamepit and flame pillar.  The little pit stays, and it can be activated somehow to make a pillar come out.  Whether the pit is activated by time, proximity, holding and releasing a button, or doing the command again is unknown.  The other command makes a moving version of the pit that goes across the screen, I think this version activates by proximity.  The moving version seems to be a good blockstring ender as it's frame advantage on block and hit, letting Akiha combo off of it when it hit even when she was like half screen away.

Setting up the non-moving version of the pit seems to set up for great mixup.  Right off the bat at 0:42 of the 1st video, Akiha does a fuzzy guard setup by doing iad j.b dj.c pit activation and proceeds to combo off of it.  The pit activation can also be done during a ground throw to add more dmg to it.  The pit is also EX cancellable so doing pit xx 236c seems to be a good way to get opponent in blockstun and start the mixup.  Doing an aircombo ending in j.2c or a ground combo into 623b seemed to let Akiha safely set up the pit and go for mixup/pressure.
Blog

Offline AkiraTheMastodon

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 19
  • 暁を映して。
    • View Profile
    • My u2b.
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2008, 07:25:46 AM »
the 22 is the stationary pit that creates the pillar, you can hold a button down to keep the pit there, then when you release it has the pillar come out

the 214 is a moving pit, if you hold the button down nothing will come out, but if you release the button a small pillar will come out

Name courtesy of LoliSauce.
俺のパーフェクトさんすう教室。
答えは答えはゼロ人ゼロ人
なぜならなぜならそれは。。。 幻想郷にバス無い!

Offline sumbody

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2008, 12:04:40 PM »
Woah, that sounds like Eddie in GG. I need a third hand!

Offline Sphyra

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 9
  • Mind Over Doesn't Matter
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2008, 06:22:13 PM »
I feel bad for psy  :(
Don't give in to astonishment!

Offline dakanya

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 31
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2008, 06:27:04 PM »
I'm too lazy to translate seeing as how I won't be able to play MBAA in the near future...

JP MBAA wiki: http://www3.atwiki.jp/mbaa_akiha/
thundering waterfalls

Offline AARP|ZTB

• HATEmaster
  • Magic Circuits: 102
  • canes, complaints & caddies
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2008, 03:02:42 PM »
wow this is like a personal record. . .

PA' just linked in the mages channel Fakiha doing what seems to be YET ANOTHER INFINITE!!! (this makes two infinites ive seen in a day)

combo into 6C>22A xN (corner)

now its getting ridiculous. shit needs to be recalled NOW lololol

edit:
Hmm this may actually be possible at midscrn since akiha 6C has the property where it wont push back on hit. I'll test when i get to CF. Lets hope another inf doesnt pop up before i leave the house.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2008, 03:12:38 PM by ZARtacus! »
zar are you even aware that your attitude is what drove people off in the first place. i think zar's attitude is worse than all of that. cause neither of you guys mean anything. but zar can poison shit around him. zar's the one that gets personal online and does realtalk that's out of line.

Offline pbj_mixxa

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • LOLI-DANCE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2008, 08:41:14 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C86mhw-XLEw  - 4:17

This what you talking about, zar?  If so, I highly doubt it'll work midscreen seeing as, I assume, there's knockback on 22a.
I like pi!

Offline AARP|ZTB

• HATEmaster
  • Magic Circuits: 102
  • canes, complaints & caddies
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2008, 01:01:43 AM »
yeah, i was doing it today. . .doesnt work midscrn. . .still stupid as fuck. I may link a vid of myself getting a few reps vs CPU. managed to land it in a few matches. . .Im disgusted w/ this game so far.
zar are you even aware that your attitude is what drove people off in the first place. i think zar's attitude is worse than all of that. cause neither of you guys mean anything. but zar can poison shit around him. zar's the one that gets personal online and does realtalk that's out of line.

Offline Soniti

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 7
  • 。。。
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2008, 01:12:19 PM »
So it's both crescent AND full moon?
ok i apparantly AM blind  ::)
« Last Edit: October 21, 2008, 10:17:05 PM by Soniti »