hentai
When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: C/H-Akiha Combos  (Read 29811 times)

Offline Benny1

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 16
  • Christmas Akiha just got sexier!
    • View Profile
C/H-Akiha Combos
« on: September 14, 2009, 04:28:58 PM »
This was going to be a whiff combo guide, but it is just going to be a C/H-Akiha combo thread.

Things of notice
BE5B means charged 5B. BE5BB means charged 5B followed by the 5BB followup.
sdj is super double jump, which if you didn't know, is done by either tapping 9 during the air combo instead of holding it or doing your input as 29.
sdj.C 2C looks retarded, but it means cancel j.C into j.2C.
(whiff) means whiff the attack before it.  In general, you let the whiff recover, it will be specified if it is cancelled.
(recover) means let the previous attack recover.
Attacks like (2B) mean they are optional.
tk. means tiger knee, which is doing an air special low to the ground.  2369 is probably your best input for this.

C-Akiha

Midscreen:
2AA 5C 6C 4C 2C 5BB tk.BE236B land j.BC sdj.BC ad.C Airthrow
Delay before 5BB as always.

Corner combos:
2AA 6C 4C (2B) 2C 5C (recover) 5C 2C BE5B 4C 63214A
Basic simple combo.

2AA 6C 4C (2B) 2C 5C (recover) 5C 2C 2A (whiff) 5A 2C BE5B 4C 63214A
Pretty fun combo, not too hard to do.

2AA 5C 4C 2C 6C (recover) 2C 2A (whiff) 6C 2C BE5B 4C 63214A
Hard-mode combo.  If you get the timing it's good, like maybe 50 more damage.

2AAA 6C 4C 5B 2B 2C 5C (recover) 5C 2C 236C 4C [2C 5BB 2A (whiff)] x 8 2C 5BB 63214A
C-Akiha gets a ridiculous meter combo as well.  This works only on standing opponents.  I need to adjust it for crouchers, because 5B trips crouchers.  This is not practical and you should not waste time learning it over other combos.

H-Akiha

Midscreen:

2AA 6C 4C 5C 5A 6AA 2C BE5BB j.BC sdj.C 2C
Low level midscreen bnb.

2AA 5C 6C 4C 5A 6AA (recover) 4C 5C 2C 5A (whiff) 6AA (recover) 2C 4C 5BB j.BC sdj.C 2C
5k on V.Sion.  It's pretty cool, but 5A 6AA 2C can be hard to do. 136.5% meter gained.  DOES NOT WORK ON NERO.
The trick with this combo is to do 4C 5C delay 2C, so they are further away, immediately hit 5A, and wait to hit 6AA.  Then, delay the 4C after the second 2C, so the 5BB will hit.  To hit the second j.C, you must do it IMMEDIATELY after you double jump.  If 5C wallslams, go into BE5BB after the 2C, not 5A (whiff) 6AA.
Video.

2AA 5C 6C 4C 5A 6AA (recover) 4C 5C 2C 5A (whiff) 6AA (recover) 6C 2C 5A (whiff) 6AA j.BC sdj.C 2C
Like 20 more damage than the combo above, but it's just that much cooler that you should do it.  133.5% meter gained.  DOES NOT WORK ON NERO.  If 6C wallslams, go into 5BB instead, or BE5BB if they are VERY high.
Video.

Corner:

2AA 6C 4C 5A 6AA 5A 2C 2A (whiff) 5A 2C BE5B 5C 4C j.BC sdj.C 2C
This probably isn't her best bnb, if anybody knows something better, please let me know!

2AA 5C 6C 4C 5A 6AA (recover) 5A 5C 6C 2C BE5BB j.BC sdj.C 2C
Cool little combo.  Leaves you with some reverse beat penalty, but it's good damage.
Video.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2009, 06:53:07 PM by Benny1 »
C-Wara main, H-Warc/F-Sion alt.

Offline CT_Warrior

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Melty Blood: Akiha (sundae) Again ~ Twice as much whiffed cream.
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2009, 04:51:21 PM »
koo

Offline dakanya

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 31
    • View Profile
Re: C/H-Akiha Combos
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2009, 06:17:55 PM »
confirmed 2AA 4C 5C 2C 6C 2C (2A) 6C 2C BE5B 4C 63214A to work, nets 4.5k on v.sion.

4C 5C seems to make a much bigger difference than 5C 4C now so i guess 5C was nerfed some more? unsure. maybe it is due to the short followup afterwards.

thundering waterfalls

Offline Belegorm

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2009, 07:25:11 AM »
I've confirmed that Psylocke's BNB from his MBAC guide works with C-Akiha: 2a6c4c5c2c5bb j.bc dj.bc airthrow.  Yeah, I know I'm supposed to airdash, but considering the time it'd take to learn how to do that, I don't see the point beside cornering them, unless it hurts them more than a normal airthrow.  I can do the rest of the combo pretty fine without it.

BTW, I know this combo is from Psylocke's guide, but does anyone actually use it as a BNB?  Out of those people I've talked to and from what I've seen on these forums, it seems like most use different ones.  Newbies use easier BNBs (such as 2abc5bb j.bc dj.bc airthrow), and experts use more complicated ones, leaving me in the middle.

Edit: Also, what the heck does BE5B mean?  Does that mean you do the longer version holding down the first 5b before you do the second?  Don't they usually write that as 5b ?
« Last Edit: September 18, 2009, 07:26:48 AM by Belegorm »

Offline Psylocke

• Psyduck
  • Magic Circuits: 120
    • View Profile
    • Blog of Randomness
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2009, 08:21:12 AM »
I've confirmed that Psylocke's BNB from his MBAC guide works with C-Akiha: 2a6c4c5c2c5bb j.bc dj.bc airthrow.  Yeah, I know I'm supposed to airdash, but considering the time it'd take to learn how to do that, I don't see the point beside cornering them, unless it hurts them more than a normal airthrow.  I can do the rest of the combo pretty fine without it.
The airdash is pretty important, Akiha pressure gets a lot stronger when she has people cornered.

BTW, I know this combo is from Psylocke's guide, but does anyone actually use it as a BNB?  Out of those people I've talked to and from what I've seen on these forums, it seems like most use different ones.  Newbies use easier BNBs (such as 2abc5bb j.bc dj.bc airthrow), and experts use more complicated ones, leaving me in the middle.

Edit: Also, what the heck does BE5B mean?  Does that mean you do the longer version holding down the first 5b before you do the second?  Don't they usually write that as 5b ?
It's the general combo that she had in MBAC, generally it should only be done if you start with dash momentum or are doing it in a punishment situation though.  It can be hard to hitconfirm into sometimes, so it's ok to stick with just 2abc or 2c into 5bb.

BE 5b means charged 5b, it's the japanese notation for noting that something should be charged.  Putting square brackets around a b in these forums makes the text become bold, so some people use the japanese notation to avoid this.

C-Akiha actually has a better general BNB than her MBAC one, Frank the Tank had it notated in another thread but I'll quote it here.  Personally, I would have the ground portion be 2a6c4c5c2c but I don't think it makes that much of a difference
Standard C-Akiha combos based on vids I've watched are as follows;

Midscreen BnB- 2A-5C-6C-4C-2C-(slight delay)5BB-tk.236{B}-land-j.B-C-sdj.B-C-Ad.C-Airthrow
-The last j.C after the airdash is mad tight timing-wise, and often I'll just do airdash-airthrow to end the combo. The delay before the 5BB is character specific, to make sure they don't go too high for the 236{B} to connect.

Corner BnB- 2A-6C-4C-2C-5C(wallslam), 5C-2C-whiff 2A, 2A-2C-5{B}-4C-
after the last 4C you can either 1.63214A or 2. j.B-C-dj.B-C-2C

The 63214A leaves them slightly outside of the corner, so you can do crossup shenanigans with ribbons afterwards. C-Akiha's j.2C floorbounces in an aircombo, so it's techable, but when used at the height from that aircombo you'll usually land in time to punish a tech. If they don't tech, you can just land and do 2C-5{B}-4C-63214A to finish.

63214A can combo off of otg strings as well.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2009, 08:24:03 AM by Psylocke »
Blog

‹ Tatari|JE › I have another friend who would play MB if it was "less like Mortal Kombat"
‹ HalVegas2 › how do you compare those two ‹ sphy › every time you touch someone in mb it turns into a BRUTALITY

Offline Belegorm

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2009, 10:40:08 AM »
Hmm, guess I'll work on the airdash a bit.  I found the timing hard to do, but it's been awhile since I tried the airdash.  Could be easier, now that I'm practicing MBAA with an arcade stick (I can sometimes get that whole combo down with the stick, that's amazing to me with only 1 night of practice using a stick I haven't touched since I'd given up on it months ago).

I'll look into that newer combo, though it looks quite complicated.  Since 2a6c4c5c2c is ingrained into me now, I'll probably go with your idea of using that as the ground portion.  The tk.236{B}-land looks like it'll be the hard part for me, both as I'm breaking with the combo I'm used to, and because I don't know how to tk a flametongue.  What's the inputs for that?

Oh, I did notice that the original MBAC combo from the guide seemed to work best if I dashed in, or right after they hit me and I blocked.  Far more difficult after a jump-in, though I'd usually still dash after that.  What I was able to do is sometimes work into part of the combo from whatever was happening (like make the ground portion shorter, or simply 2a2c5bb etc.).

Offline Benny1

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2009, 12:09:17 PM »
Thanks for that post Psylocke, I'll edit that into the top.

Also, what are more practical H-Akiha combos?  The ones I have listed for the group that's like V.Sion and stuff are rather simple honestly, but for some reason it's a lot harder to do the whiff loops with 2A whiff, not to mention if you don't space some of them right on some of those characters, it turns out the 5A whiff can still hit them.

What do most people do there?

Offline dakanya

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 31
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2009, 01:32:34 PM »
The airdash seems way easier than it was in MBAC but I had no problems doing it in MBAC anyways.

The input for that charged TK ribbon is 2369BEB. You may find it easier to start from 1 to avoid inputting a superjump.
thundering waterfalls

Offline Belegorm

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2009, 02:00:05 PM »
Hmm, in MBAA seems I still can't pull off the airdash yet, likely enough my unfamiliarity with the stick is part of the problem :(

Offline Belegorm

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2009, 07:54:59 PM »
So for a tk.2c I just need to hit 8, then immediately hit 2c?  Or is there something else I should be doing?  How do I know it's low enough?

BTW, I can usually do the tk.236b now, though I haven't tried putting it as part of a combo.  I've reached my pad skills with my stick, but I still can't seem to get that airdash in there (though I haven't been trying as much as simply to get in the rest of the combo).  I also just realized that I'm supposed to let the j.b's hit twice, while I've been letting them only hit once.  That's gonna get my timing mixed up a bit... I'll learn that sooner or later.  At this point I'm not sure if I should continue learning this one combo until I can do it perfect exactly like in the combo video (I can do it perfectly minus the second j.b hits and the airdash), or start learning the corner BNB.

Offline Benny1

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2009, 04:24:27 AM »
Akiha's basic combos are harder than most characters, it'll take you a bit to get her bnb down in its fullest.  When you learn how to hitconfirm 2AA into 6C instead of 2B though, it really does improve your game.  Anyways, yeah, tk.2C is literally just 8 and then on the first cancellable frame, hit 2C.  Or well, try to.

When is it low enough?  When you can combo off of it.

Offline Belegorm

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2009, 05:51:56 AM »
Akiha's basic combos are harder than most characters, it'll take you a bit to get her bnb down in its fullest.  When you learn how to hitconfirm 2AA into 6C instead of 2B though, it really does improve your game.  Anyways, yeah, tk.2C is literally just 8 and then on the first cancellable frame, hit 2C.  Or well, try to.

When is it low enough?  When you can combo off of it.

Actually, I start the combo with 2a.  I'm guessing Psylocke had it start as 2a and not 2aa because maybe that'd make you move too far away from the opponent.  Currently, I'm working on getting those second j.b hits in the air, key seems to bringing out the j.c quickly.  I'm noticing Frank the Tank has a last j.c after the airdash, but even he says it's difficult.  After that, I'll work on the airdash, then putting in a tk.ribbon.

I was going to ask if there's any real difference in Psylocke's version of the ground portion, and Frank the Tank's version, but then I noticed they had the same hits, same button, just different order.  Considering how ingrained Psylocke's version is in my head now (can do it with my eyes closed; actually can do the entire combo minus the tk.ribbon, the second j.b hits, the airdash, and that final c hit after the airdash), anyway, I'll be sticking with Psylocke's version.

BTW, judging from that Benny1 mentioned, should I perhaps try starting it with 2aa?  As in 2aa6c4c5c2c etc.?

Also, if Akiha's BNB's are harder than most (which is what I heard), what would be an example of a character with easy BNB?  I used to play a little Tohno Shiki, but I never tried combos with him and I've never really tried any other character (not that I'd ever switch from Akiha at this point; Yukinose's Akiha combo movie was what got me into MB, combining my interest in the long combos and that my favorite Tsukihime character is Akiha).

Offline Benny1

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2009, 01:05:34 PM »
C-V.Sion has 3C launcher bnbs which are essentially 2ABC 5C 3C j.BC dj.BC ad.C, those aren't her very best, but they're close enough that you can run that.

H-Tohno is probably one of the easiest characters to play, and he's good, so if you need somebody easy to learn comboing in melty with, try him for a bit, then try harder characters.

Offline Belegorm

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2009, 07:49:35 AM »
Still working on that dang combo.  I realized that I also was missing the second 4c hit, so I can usually do that now (practiced a bit of that) and can almost always do the second j.b dj.b hits.

The things I can't do are tk.236b and airdashes with split-second timing.  I probably could get the tk down if I worked at it for awhile (well, maybe), but currently double-tapping the stick right or left is my weakness; still haven't completely adjusted to using the stick.  With time I'm sure I'll get more used to it; just need to keep practicing, both that and other stuff.

Offline Benny1

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2009, 01:52:07 PM »
Added C-Akiha hype combo.  I also modified the H-Akiha combo section a little.  I need more ideas though, help me if you know better combos than those posted.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2009, 06:24:20 PM by Benny1 »

Offline Belegorm

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2009, 09:03:33 PM »
I'm currently working on learning 2AA 6C 4C 2B 2C 5C 5C 2C BE5B 4C 63214A

Can anyone post a link to a vid of it?  I keep on having trouble getting in the 2C after the second 5C; generally she's over Akiha's head by the point I throw in the 2C.

If it weren't for that, I think I could learn the whole thing in no time; though getting the second 5C is hard as well (though not as hard as getting a sweep to connect when they're over your head; I've tried putting it in quickly, am I supposed to wait till she's lower, and she won't tech?).

Edit: Also, is BE5B 5b charged, or is it 5b charged followed by the second 5b? (I think another way of putting it is [5b ]b, may be wrong).  I tried doing just the first 5b, but can't get 4C in at all, so I'm assuming it's both hits, then 4C unless someone tells me otherwise (though with the other, more major problem I can't do the whole darn combo at all).
« Last Edit: December 07, 2009, 09:10:52 PM by Belegorm »

Offline Press

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 4
  • Seizon Senryaku!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2009, 09:57:47 PM »
If it weren't for that, I think I could learn the whole thing in no time; though getting the second 5C is hard as well (though not as hard as getting a sweep to connect when they're over your head; I've tried putting it in quickly, am I supposed to wait till she's lower, and she won't tech?).

You gotta delay the first 5C slightly then delay your second 5C slightly once again. This puts them in the right position for the second 2C to hit.

Edit: Also, is BE5B 5b charged, or is it 5b charged followed by the second 5b? (I think another way of putting it is [5b ]b, may be wrong).  I tried doing just the first 5b, but can't get 4C in at all, so I'm assuming it's both hits, then 4C unless someone tells me otherwise (though with the other, more major problem I can't do the whole darn combo at all).

Just 5B charged (5{B}). No need for the second 5B. I actually don't see how 4C doesn't work. As long as you do the charged 5B, you can just input 4C and it automatically comes out as soon as 5{B} is done.

Edit: Found a video compressor lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Hqy1azIzD8
« Last Edit: December 07, 2009, 10:04:34 PM by Press »
Happy Birthday to the GROUND

Offline Ryd

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2009, 10:09:12 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHyt74a7QLc

3:14 has the bnb with an overhead starter, but Yukinose does a single rep of the old whiff loop before the BE5B 4C throw.

BE5B -> 4C drops if you're a bit slow in going for 4C.  I don't think it's going to work at all if you're just testing that particular portion of the combo, as you need them to be falling and caught by 2C for it to work.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2009, 10:13:59 PM by Ryd. »
:prinny:

Offline Belegorm

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2009, 10:38:36 PM »
Thanks for the help guys, I've been working on it and will work on it more.  Actually, I think BE5B->4C does work on its own (easier than 2C->BE5B->4C, which I was working on), I think I learn the combo up to that point though (doing the whole thing up to that will probably help).

I'll get back to it, and try again; hopefully soon I'll be able to do better soon that I did this weekend, I need practice.

Edit: darn it, I had a nice post lined up, internet dc'd though and I lost it  :emo:

I'll cut to the chase: I've been working on it, got it right a few times, don't know the exact timing of it but I'll eventually get it.

Press, the vid you posted is a slightly different combo than the one I've been working on (though for the part I'm having difficulty on it's either the same or similar).  Which combo is easier to do?
« Last Edit: December 08, 2009, 11:13:30 AM by Belegorm »

Offline Ryd

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2009, 03:12:06 PM »
It's easier to forego the 2A (whiff) 2A 2C extension, but it costs you some damage/meter.
:prinny:

Offline Press

• Spellcaster
  • Seizon Senryaku!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2009, 04:56:33 PM »
Press, the vid you posted is a slightly different combo than the one I've been working on (though for the part I'm having difficulty on it's either the same or similar).  Which combo is easier to do?

Doesn't matter which one you do honestly. Really they're both the same combo, just that yours has an extra 2B in it. I can only assume that extra 2B simply adds more damage so it really doesn't matter as the problem you're having is still there.

Offline Kobayashi

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2009, 06:14:43 AM »
2AAA 6C 4C 5B 2B 2C 5C 5C 2C 236C 4C [2C 5BB 2A (whiff)] x 8 2C 5BB 63214A
C-Akiha gets a ridiculous meter combo as well.  This works only on standing opponents.  I need to adjust it for crouchers, because 5B trips crouchers.

Who's the easiest combo dummy to practice this on?  V.Sion techs way high before I can connect the second [2C 5BB 2A whiff] series.   :(

And how many hits do I want on the 4C right before the loop series?  I would guess one hit, to keep the opponent low enough for the second series to connect.

Offline Press

• Spellcaster
  • Seizon Senryaku!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2009, 08:39:03 AM »
2AAA 6C 4C 5B 2B 2C 5C 5C 2C 236C 4C [2C 5BB 2A (whiff)] x 8 2C 5BB 63214A
C-Akiha gets a ridiculous meter combo as well.  This works only on standing opponents.  I need to adjust it for crouchers, because 5B trips crouchers.

Who's the easiest combo dummy to practice this on?  V.Sion techs way high before I can connect the second [2C 5BB 2A whiff] series.   :(

And how many hits do I want on the 4C right before the loop series?  I would guess one hit, to keep the opponent low enough for the second series to connect.
You have to delay the first 5C silghtly, then delay your second 5C abit again. Same problem as Belegorm.

Honestly, don't bother with that combo. In the time you take to practice that combo, you might as well learn her main corner combo. You get slightly less damage, but it's also like 10x easier to pull consistantly.

Offline Benny1

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 09, 2009, 09:48:41 AM »
Yeah honestly, that combo is essentially there as a joke, I should probably take it off or something, because it is not remotely practical.  C-V.Akiha has something like it that's more practical, I think, but this really isn't.

It'll probably be easiest on V.Sion, or characters around her height.  V.Sion has a really nice hitbox overall in this game though.

Offline Kobayashi

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 09, 2009, 12:49:56 PM »
You have to delay the first 5C silghtly, then delay your second 5C abit again. Same problem as Belegorm.

Honestly, don't bother with that combo. In the time you take to practice that combo, you might as well learn her main corner combo. You get slightly less damage, but it's also like 10x easier to pull consistantly.

I can get the 5C 5C just fine.  My problem was hitting the 2C after the first 5BB 2A whiff.  It's okay, though, I figured it out.  You have to charge the first few 5B's a little bit to let them fall after the 2C.  Then speed up later into the combo.