When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: C/H-Akiha Combos  (Read 29807 times)

Offline Funky-kun

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 18
  • See red, no escape.
    • View Profile
Re: C/H-Akiha Combos
« Reply #50 on: January 07, 2011, 06:13:25 AM »
Interesting corner H-Akiha crossup in this video. After the wallslam in a corner combo doing jC j2C airdodge cancel puts Akiha in the corner. jC dj jC j2C airdodge is doable for some more damage but delays are necessary because otherwise Akiha crosses up in the air and j2C kicks them out of the corner.

In the video the player goes for a 2c2a loop before the setup. However I am not comfortable with the loop so here is the sample combo I tested:

2a5c6c4c5a6aa 4c6c delay a bit 5c jC j2C airdodge

Sacrifices around 700 damage for the setup on Vsion. Skip the delay to fake the crossup.
In Soviet Blood, victory 2a's its way to you.

Offline Funky-kun

• Spellcaster
  • See red, no escape.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 12, 2011, 05:51:22 PM »
OK, free time means Melty testing! Sorry for crappy video.  :emo:

First off, fuzzy guard! For it to work you must dash after knockdown and jump up, receiving the momentum from the dash. Do deep jC jump forward jC. Yay!

Here's the hitconfirm for the fuzzy:
deep jC jump forward jC delay jB land 2a ...

Next up, some development on the corner crossup setup. This is the optimal setup for it, should work on everyone:
5a5c6c4c5a6aa 6c2c5c jump (wait for Akiha to get on top of them) jC j2C airdodge jump up

The delay is character specific, some don't need it. You jump upward after the airdodge to delay her landing to trick the opponent.

Off the jump up, these are her options:

Crossup jC

Crossup jC whiff 2a

Blocked crossup jC 2a or go into fuzzy.

Blocked crossup jC airdash jC

Blocked crossup jC airdash jB whiff 2a

Airbackdash jC

Airbackdash jC whiff 2a

Pit shenanigans!

Or you can jump towards midscreen and have these options:

Airbackdash jC, if it connects hitconfirm is EZ mode, if not, fuzzy guard time.

Airbackdash jC blocked crossup 2a

Airbackdash jC blocked no crossup 2a

Crossup or no crossup in this situation depends on the height and timing of the airbackdash.

All the options hitconfirm into juicy combos!

Also, best midscreen combo to use is the following, courtsey of Zieg:
2a5c6c4c5a6aa wait for attacks to recover 2b5c2c 5a (whiff) 6aa 2cBE5bb jBjC jCj2C

And afterwards your okizeme meaty options are:

j236b

airdodge cancel j22a into jC whiff 2a or jC hit.

And last, something I haven't seen since the MBAC days, a blockstring can be cancelled into 623b whiff Arc Drive. Yummy!

That's it, some good stuff, and I haven't seen most of it used. Once Akiha gets in she can be very deadly with  all these options.  :teach:

Offline Tonberry

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 53
  • $NJ$
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 13, 2011, 12:11:54 AM »
First off, fuzzy guard! For it to work you must dash after knockdown and jump up, receiving the momentum from the dash. Do deep jC jump forward jC. Yay!

Here's the hitconfirm for the fuzzy:
deep jC jump forward jC delay jB land 2a ...

The delay jb doesn't combo on a crouching opponent.

Off the jump up, these are her options:

Crossup jC

Crossup jC whiff 2a

Blocked crossup jC 2a or go into fuzzy.

Blocked crossup jC airdash jC

Blocked crossup jC airdash jB whiff 2a

Airbackdash jC

Airbackdash jC whiff 2a

Pit shenanigans!

Airbackdash jC blocked crossup 2a

Airbackdash jC blocked no crossup 2a

These kind of mixups(air normal hit/whiff land 2a) are fairly weak for most characters in the cast because you can just hold back until they're too low for an air normal to hit then hold down back.  Some of the faster characters like Vakiha can make it work more often but with Akiha it's not going to very often.  Crossup jc airdash jc is the most commonly incorrectly blocked mixup you listed here but the problem with it is that really isn't another option after crossup jc that's hard to block for you to vary with airdash jc so once people get used to seeing that they're going to block it more often.

Some of H-Akiha's stronger mixups are

- midscreen throw into dash j7 low j2c.  The j2c will always make the opponent's character sprite block in the other direction but depending on how you time it you are either going to land in front or behind your opponent.

- crossup jc/j2c j22a dodge for ambiguous left/right mixup if you time the dodge correctly.  Jumping after the pit will make the pit push them under you.  This allows you to do late airdash back jc or land 2a.  Throw in land tk j2c and land throw every once in awhile to mess with their head.  

- 5{b} 2a.  Despite Akiha not having a charge overhead people will still fall for this.

- dash throw/dash tk j2c - Everyone can dash throw but H-Akiha is one of the few characters that can easily blow up OS throw tech with something that's fairly safe and lets her continue pressure.

Also, best midscreen combo to use is the following, courtsey of Zieg:
2a5c6c4c5a6aa wait for attacks to recover 2b5c2c 5a (whiff) 6aa 2cBE5bb jBjC jCj2C

And afterwards your okizeme meaty options are:

j236b

airdodge cancel j22a into jC whiff 2a or jC hit.

imo, j236b is the best option in the corner after a combo.  Canceling j2c into airdodge costs 50 meter.  It's really not worth that for H-Akiha.  The first set of mixups you posted about force her into the corner when it's better to have a safe meaty in the corner to go into her very strong corner pressure.  It's also usually better to sit on that meter for AD in max or bunker to get out of a tight spot.  
« Last Edit: March 13, 2011, 12:14:55 AM by Tonberry »
[01:08] <Komidol> that marisa cosplayer that took my registration was sexy
[15:24] <Rokunaya> i've actually reached the point where some voice actors sound familiar in animes
[22:40] <bellreisa> i'm an insane murderer who is overwhelmed by nihilism but that's ok cause i'm in love

Offline Funky-kun

• Spellcaster
  • See red, no escape.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 13, 2011, 02:29:05 PM »

Actually, it does combo.

These kind of mixups(air normal hit/whiff land 2a) are fairly weak for most characters in the cast because you can just hold back until they're too low for an air normal to hit then hold down back.

For the most part, you are correct. Still, if jC is blocked you still have to react to the side on which Akiha is going to land.

- midscreen throw into dash j7 low j2c.

True, awesome little trick. I need to use it fore often!

- 5{b} 2a.  Despite Akiha not having a charge overhead people will still fall for this.

Yeah, I've noticed that too. Strange.  :psyduck:

- dash throw/dash tk j2c

This also works well because I find Akiha's throw range to be humongous.

imo, j236b is the best option in the corner after a combo.

Agreed. I wanted to list the pit setups just because people were trying to make a meaty pit work and I think this is the best way.

Offline Tonberry

• Spellcaster
  • $NJ$
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 13, 2011, 04:57:31 PM »

Actually, it does combo.

I stand corrected.  I'll have to wait until the next time I play to see how effective is though.  Fuzzy guards tend to be difficult to block because it's difficult to distinguish between land 2a and immediate double jump air normal but for the jb to combo you have to delay the double jump jc. 

For the most part, you are correct. Still, if jC is blocked you still have to react to the side on which Akiha is going to land.

This is correct; similar to j2c her jc can create that same style of mixup but you have to hit a specific spot on your opponent to create that illusion, which doesn't appear possible with only an airdash available after j2c airdodge. 
[15:24] <Rokunaya> i've actually reached the point where some voice actors sound familiar in animes
[22:40] <bellreisa> i'm an insane murderer who is overwhelmed by nihilism but that's ok cause i'm in love

Offline Funky-kun

• Spellcaster
  • See red, no escape.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 15, 2011, 11:41:52 AM »
After some more fooling in the lab it seems that the crossup can be done without the dodge cancel with appropriate delays. This way you lose ambiguity on landing and end up with them outside of the corner. From there you can go into the j72c stuff or tk22a (safe vs chars with lower stand up) into something with all her air movement options available. Or you can jump upwards and do some freestyle sandroori like stuff. It is true that forced knockdown in the corner is good, but as strong as her corner pressure is, Akiha cannot force any mixups on the opponent in this position. If you want the reset, this setup is the option. One more tool in the arsenal is never bad.

Offline Tonberry

• Spellcaster
  • $NJ$
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 28, 2011, 04:45:57 PM »
Pretty good H-Akiha player http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUXGrmXyKGs#t=32m54s

He does some interesting mixups.

Offline AnFox

• DEATHTRAP EXPERT
  • Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 51
  • Yip Yip Yap
    • View Profile
    • twitta
« Reply #57 on: April 28, 2011, 09:28:18 PM »
http://youtu.be/bL8mE9DxcrQ

From the start till about 37mins in, lots of H-akiha mixups
(GenericSuperhero) zar what's your ethnicity
(justEXPOSED) GenericSuperhero: salt

Offline BurstOfAnger

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 13
  • Vatista's chest is 1 inch larger than Linne's
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 29, 2011, 06:03:33 AM »
Interesting use of pits, I must say.
Immortalize! 1st Clause! DIVIDE!

Waldstein is pronounced wa-REN-shu-tain. French Bread trollin'.

Offline honvl

• Apprentice
  • Magic Circuits: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 24, 2012, 11:46:57 AM »
How do you do hitconfirm the 2a into 5c combo starter for h-akiha? They sometimes are able to block in between the two moves.