When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: MBAACC F-VAkiha Thread  (Read 42926 times)

Offline Sashi

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 9
  • Scene Killer~
    • View Profile
MBAACC F-VAkiha Thread
« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2012, 07:32:49 AM »
I do 227+B as well, with 7 and B simultaneously.
Clmelty: Rokumoe!

Offline LordPangTong

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 54
  • We troll hard
    • View Profile
Re: MBAACC F-VAkiha Thread
« Reply #26 on: April 11, 2012, 08:30:10 AM »
-Also a small note about inputting 227A/B/C: Because of the reduced input buffer, you must do this motion slightly different than in PS2. In PS2, you could hit 2, 2, 7, and then the attack button after all the direction inputs. In CC, you must simultaneously input the attacking button and 7. So for example, you would input an Ex-Pit as 2, 2, 7+C. (No space between 7 and C at all)
<justzar> great anime <3

Offline LivingShadow

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 55
  • Sanity is overrated
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 11, 2012, 09:12:44 AM »

Offline Funky-kun

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 18
  • See red, no escape.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 11, 2012, 10:17:00 AM »
Flamepits.

I want to discuss some stuff shown in the video that's actually viable for matches:

1:05
Momiji Loop -> sj.9 j.22A j.B IAD j.22A j.B (/whiff) 2A

This is easier to block than it looks. You hit the ground at the same time and sticking out the j.B doesn't change the timing of the landing so the opponent can switch to low block at the same time to block both options. Still perfectly viable against unprepared opponents, but can be easily defended if trained against.

1:20
Momiji Loop -> 2C delay 4C j.22A j.236A into 3-way

I love this mixup. You have ambiguous options, screws DP inputs, and is hard to react to visually. If you hit the opponent 50% with the mixup in the corner (with good use of yomi should be a better %), the expected damage (taking the fact that you hit only half of the time) is greater than the max damage confirms. That's why if it won't kill the opponent I always go for this mixup. (from Momiji loop or 623A)

1:40
The fuzzy actually works of Wara, yay! And that's a great hitconfirm that's not too hard to do! I wish there were ways to make this work on other characters.  :(

1:50
Legit stuff.

2:05
Momiji Loop -> sj.9 j.22A airdash j.C tk j.22A [j.A IAD j.C] / [j.A (whiff) 2A]

Doesn't seem too strong. The j.A whiffs only if they block low, and it's generally easy to react to the IAD, so it's not stronger than a normal IAD mixup.

2:20
Momiji Loop -> 2C 623A j.9 j.22a j.236A airdash j.22A j.C (hits crossup) j.8 left/right

This seems like a really strong mixup. I'm not on my PC at the moment and I can't test it, but it seems as the opponent gets up they turn towards VAkiha so it's not a real crossup. If this is the case, it can be easily backdashed, as you can't fake which side you'll land the j.C on. I'll test this later and if it's not backdashable, this is one great mixup!

2:40
WAT?!  :psyduck:

2:50
Here it is shown how you can bait heat (and possibly backdashes) from the above mixup, which is nifty. Time to press some buttons and watch pits go off.  :prinny:

3:30
The 623C setup with some hitconfirms. I prefer setting up only two pits as it gives you more time to trick them into getting hit, and still deal considerable damage. Meh, the mixup is not too strong, so you might as well go for the max damage with 3 pits.
In Soviet Blood, victory 2a's its way to you.

Offline Rokunaya

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 16
  • Keepin' it alive
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 11, 2012, 02:38:25 PM »
I want to discuss some stuff shown in the video that's actually viable for matches:

You mean the whole video, right!? Down with that american attitude, MAKE these things happen! Bring the hype! The curbs! Defeat that hateful SFxT!

:blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah:

Realtalk though that vid....  :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap:
clmelty: great roku! lol / I like roku lol
clmelty: I want to make CL like roku team
clmelty: Roku is best popular player in the meltyworld

Offline LivingShadow

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 55
  • Sanity is overrated
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 11, 2012, 02:41:53 PM »
Yeah, that flamepit loop looks like an infinite.

Offline Omicron Austin

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 2
  • Downright Fierce
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 11, 2012, 06:45:06 PM »
Thanks for the help everyone.

-Also a small note about inputting 227A/B/C: Because of the reduced input buffer, you must do this motion slightly different than in PS2. In PS2, you could hit 2, 2, 7, and then the attack button after all the direction inputs. In CC, you must simultaneously input the attacking button and 7. So for example, you would input an Ex-Pit as 2, 2, 7+C. (No space between 7 and C at all)

Yeah, I remember reading about this in the other thread a long time ago and generally use it, seeing how it's much easier to tk without the super jump getting in your way.  However, I've found that tk8 is a bit easier for me when cancelling 4C, and super jump properties don't occur.  I'm having problems doing 227 or 228 fast enough with my slow fingers to cancel out of the first hit of 4C properly, but 282 seems to be actually physically possible by my standards.  I might just need to forget about it and never go for 4C(1) j.22B combos.  623A pit followups aren't too bad.

Also, I've been goofing around in the lab practicing staggers when I came up with a sort of interesting 6C setup.  You have on the first post in the blockstring section: "2AAA6C (use 2A's to move out of their 2A range, risky)."  I've found that, using dash-in momentum, doing 2AAA5C6C (or any combination of 2A/5A) leaves you at the perfect range to hit them with the tip of your overhead with a lot more blockstun on their shoulders, as well as some other useful properties.  Notes on this:

1) Works best in the corner.  Midscreen, if they were to get hit, it will hit; otherwise if they hold back to block high the 6C will whiff, which can be dangerous.  Take out some jabs and it should work a bit better.

2) Interestingly enough, if you set the opponent to all guard and standing, when you run up to do 2AAA5C6C, even though they have to block the first hit low, the 6C whiffs.  If you set them to all guard and crouching, more often than not it works.  I imagine this isn't a problem in-game as nobody is going to be standing and switch to low on the first active frame of your 2A, although I'm still not exactly sure what specifically causes this.

3) On some characters it will whiff entirely, such as Nero.  Using only two 2A/5A works on everyone to similar effect.

4) Here's the interesting part; it's a counterhit bait.  Against most characters set to "Recover A" (do 2A on first possible frame), it will generally trade counterhits, but because they are airborne you recover in time to combo them (dash up 5AA jc j.ABC dj.BC works).  Against "Recover B" it's generally a clean counterhit.  With some experimentation against a number of characters, I've found that it's not a tech trap entirely, it's simply their extended limb that gets hit.  C-Nanaya's or C-Nero's 2A, for example, has quite a long range and hits you out of the 6C, so there's at least 5 or 6 frames that your opponent is out of blockstun in there, although against B moves or reasonable "mashing" I imagine it's a tech trap.  Most characters don't have the ability to do this with their 2A, however, and this is considering your opponent lands their jab on the first or second possible frame out of blockstun, in lieu of the easy option of you staggering the 5C into 4C or 623A.

It's not some earth-shattering mixup, but the ability to bait counterhits and beat mashing with a relatively high amount of safety while also keeping the option open for 2AAA5C > dash-in reset because of the possibility of a staggered 4C or 623A makes this seem like a decent way to set up a 6C if you're in the mood for it and know they're looking for that pause in your blockstring to hit buttons.  Doesn't catch jumpouts for shit, but oh well.  If you want a faster mixup, drop any number of jabs; it'll still catch most mashing I imagine, even if you just do 5C6C.

If this seems even the slightest bit useful I'll make a short video about it because it's not often I come up with something mildly "new" and can give back to the community.  Otherwise oh well, I had some fun doing training mode science.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 07:12:05 PM by Omicron Austin »

Offline Funky-kun

• Spellcaster
  • See red, no escape.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 11, 2012, 06:56:12 PM »
Mixup at 2:20 is free to backdash.  :emo: :gonk:

Pit loop is an infinite, because gravity scaling doesn't affect it. However, it is burstable because of the high hit count and the meter it gives the opponent.

The situations from which you can confirm the loop are:

Hit them with a pit behind them. If you can do this from random hits, I don't wanna play against you.  :slowpoke: The other way is the 623C setup, but there are better combos that deal the same damage without giving them free max.

Hit them with charge pillars. (works from air pillars only?)
Can be done after j.236C, but anyone half awake won't get hit by this.

So I don't think it's really match practical. Unless you happen to play against Kusoru.  :laffo:

EDIT:
@ Omicron Austin

Yeah, it seems 3 2A's is character specific, but 2 of them work on everyone. It's a nice little setup, I put it in the first post. Most of my pressure revolves around A and B staggers so I haven't given this any thought. Sadly you can't go low from 5C, but the blockstun conditioning is good.

Beware when resetting from 5C as it's obviouly negative and has huge pushback.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 07:15:20 PM by Funky-kun »

Offline SEIGI_no_MIKATA

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 29, 2012, 11:56:08 PM »
Hi oll! :) I just started to play as Vakiha and i have problems vith her tk8 and tk9 in her advanced combo (her 22x series tk) Instead of pit it triger a sj :psyduck: I still can do a tk7  so i want to know wtf with this mechanic?! This usess alot of time in Vakiha gameplay so maybe there some trick to it that i dont know? I tried it on pad and keyboard but there were the same result :emo:

Offline Sashi

• Spellcaster
  • Scene Killer~
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 30, 2012, 12:03:20 AM »
You can't super jump backwards, so 22 7+B won't ever super jump.

Offline SEIGI_no_MIKATA

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 30, 2012, 02:01:33 AM »
You can't super jump backwards, so 22 7+B won't ever super jump.
Thx captain :nyoro: Well I dont ask about WHY i can do a tk7, but HOW can i do a tk 8 or 9

Offline Sashi

• Spellcaster
  • Scene Killer~
    • View Profile
MBAACC F-VAkiha Thread
« Reply #36 on: April 30, 2012, 02:46:29 AM »
Eh, do you have a video of tk8/9 22s? I can't think of how it would work without superjumping. I can see tk8/9 236/214/623/421, but I don't know how to tk8/9 22s.

Offline SEIGI_no_MIKATA

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 30, 2012, 03:07:34 AM »
well i dont see a video with those, still ps2 vakiha wiki (is the blank spot on the pc version though) says:
1) 2A 5B 5C 4C(1 hit) tk8 22A Airdash jC land jBC djC Airthrow (Adding more than one 2A makes links easier due to gravity scaling. Tight links, best midscreen meterless damage.)

1)2A 5B 5C 623A tk9 22C Airdash jC land jBC jBC Airthrow (Half-way of stage to corner carry. Adding more than one 2A makes links easier. Pit can be omitted.)

3)For crossup mixup, end with 2C 4C(1hit) tk9 22A j236A/B.

So i thought that you can somhow manage to do a tk 8&9 without sj by some magic trick or whatsoever...
PS Did you guys notice that her boots on the VS screen didnt match the one on her actual sprite? :nyoro:
« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 03:13:25 AM by SEIGI_no_MIKATA »

Offline TheMaster_Rahl

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 41
  • NC Texas Tim
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 30, 2012, 04:56:01 AM »
I don't know if V-Akiha players have a specific technique they use for neutral and forward TK 22s, but what I do for them when I don't want super jump is hold the 8 or 9 direction for a short time instead of just tapping 8 or 9. So it would be 2[8]2. Or depending on personal preference on how to input them, you can try 22[8]. I'm not sure if this is a good answer for V-Akiha or not though.

-TexasTim-

Offline Funky-kun

• Spellcaster
  • See red, no escape.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 30, 2012, 07:59:21 AM »
I have been working on my tk inputs lately, and this is what works for me (please note, keyboard user):

I do [4], [2] or [1] beforehand when doing tk236 series.

For tk 22x, in all directions, it just works if I input it as fast as possible. In the 4C(1)22x combos, you need to start inputting the commands before the 4C(1) comes out, you get the timing with training.

228                229                   227

EDIT: For some strange reason only one of the 3 images displays when I open this in Firefox. All three show up in IE and Chrome.  :mystery:
« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 10:23:18 AM by Funky-kun »

Offline SEIGI_no_MIKATA

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 05, 2012, 05:19:41 AM »
I have a question - what you do aboгt Neco's? I mean that they dont get hit by my aircombo no mater how fast i input it, and this dont change even when i extend number of 2a's at start, :psyduck:
« Last Edit: May 05, 2012, 10:16:45 AM by SEIGI_no_MIKATA »

Offline Funky-kun

• Spellcaster
  • See red, no escape.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 05, 2012, 08:54:45 AM »
For Necos, do 2AA5B2C3C j.BC dj.BC AT.

Offline SEIGI_no_MIKATA

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 08, 2012, 08:15:36 AM »
Can you please record a dummy file for me? No mater how i try it seeemed that i cant do аa AT even with sj  :nyoro:
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 08:18:13 AM by SEIGI_no_MIKATA »

Offline Funky-kun

• Spellcaster
  • See red, no escape.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 08, 2012, 10:21:02 AM »
Here you go.

236C combos are very easy to connect as well.

Offline SEIGI_no_MIKATA

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 08, 2012, 12:03:16 PM »
Oh, thanks  :)

Offline SEIGI_no_MIKATA

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 09, 2012, 12:39:51 PM »
I play her for some time and notice something - in her combo [2AA5B5C4C(2) j.AC dj.C j.236B j.A (whiff) j.BE214B (corner carry)] is the pain in the ass to conpirm 4C into j.A  plus her j.236 often misses with this, but if you choose to input j.BC dj.C j.236B/A ...  you easy can hit confirm and gain more damadge (around 500) and meter, and this is applies to all same combo with j.236 as ender.

Offline Symm

• Apprentice
  • Scrub and proud.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 09, 2012, 01:49:25 PM »
I have always done my tk22x as 282 and it works perfectly off 4C.
Stick user.
Akiha Vermilion <3

Offline SEIGI_no_MIKATA

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 10, 2012, 01:49:19 AM »
I have always done my tk22x as 282 and it works perfectly off 4C.
Stick user.
You play on stick dont ya? =_='

Offline fiendmaw

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 38
  • Dozo~
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 18, 2012, 09:34:06 AM »
Has anyone found a use for her 236A/B.I feel theyre only there so you get punished if you miss a low-to-the-ground j236A/B  :gonk:
Best Nanaya in YouTube.

Offline LordPangTong

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 54
  • We troll hard
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 20, 2012, 05:57:47 AM »
Has anyone found a use for her 236A/B.I feel theyre only there so you get punished if you miss a low-to-the-ground j236A/B  :gonk:

nope, they're useless  :teach:  :prinny:
<justzar> great anime <3