hentai
When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: MBAACC H-VAkiha thread  (Read 36523 times)

Offline LordPangTong

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 54
  • We troll hard
    • View Profile
MBAACC H-VAkiha thread
« on: December 30, 2011, 07:02:09 AM »
Discuss VAkiha's wonderful half-moon style here. Day 1 impressions of her? She's exactly the same as PS2 with damage nerfs on 5A6AA.

Her OTG relaunches are:
-623C
-22C 

Her midscreen combo should still go like this:
(2AA) 5C 4C 5A 6AA 6C dash 5B 2C 623B 5B 2C 623B 5B 2C 623B

Corner combo may want to omit the 5A6AA because of the nerfed proration, though the damage is relatively the same with/without it. I prefer to drop the 5A6AA in the corner because that allows for less gravity and lets you set up the half-momiji loop if you want.

General note: H/C-VAkiha's main loop combo in the corner, the Momiji loop, has several different reps you can do to link the 623Bs together. It doesn't really matter which rep you're using because the damage doesn't vary much between them. Here are some examples of momiji loop reps:
-4C (easiest rep and requires no specific timing at all. Lowest damage)
-4C 2C (The 2C may drop against certain characters if you do not 4C low enough to the ground. Sloppy timing will omit some hits of the 623B occasionally)
-5B 2C (My favorite rep because it doesn't have reverse beats)
-4C 2C 2A(whiff) 5BB (Advanced momiji rep that will net you the most meter. A little more difficult than the others. Beware of using this rep throughout the entire loop because if there is too much gravity from the amount of hits, your opponent may be able to tech out of the last 623B)
-5B 2C xx 4C (Hardest Momiji rep, no reverse beats and nets a good amount of meter)

Optimal combo off air throw:
Air Throw 2A 5C 2C 5A(whiff) 6AA 6C dash 2C Momiji loop

More to come!
<justzar> great anime <3

Offline Funky-kun

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 18
  • See red, no escape.
    • View Profile
Re: MBAACC H-VAkiha thread
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2011, 04:05:19 PM »
Post 6c loop I can't seem to get the corner crossup, so I guess they removed corner backturn crossup from the game? The half momiji is still good for shenanigans though. Going into fullscreen momiji off throw is sweet, literally everything confirms into the loop now.

The loop I'm using is:

starter -> 623b 2c4c 623b 2c4c delay 5bb 623b

Shifting the 5bb to the end to make sure it connects every time for some bonus meter and damage.

H-moon doesn't seem to benefit from the system changes much, getting countered out of jC with 5a sucks.
In Soviet Blood, victory 2a's its way to you.

Offline LordPangTong

• Spellcaster
  • We troll hard
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2012, 12:54:24 PM »
'Backturn' mixups (ie when you combo your opponent's back which made crossups possible in the corner vs some chars) have been removed from MBCC. This hurts VAkiha a little but oh well.

Additional info: 214C otg relaunches, but it still blows. j.236B seems to be faster, but I haven't found a use for it yet.
<justzar> great anime <3

Offline Benny1

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 16
  • Christmas Akiha just got sexier!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2012, 12:43:42 PM »
I was playing around and found a reasonable alternative to a momiji loop:

2AA 5C 4C 5A 6AA 5A 5C 2C (4C) 623B 4C 2C 5BB j.BC dj.BC AT

Does a bit more damage (200 on v.shi), and isn't as hard as the 5B 2C 4C variation.  Does rebeat a bit though.  A loop that's more like 2AA 5C 4C 5A 6AA 5A 5C 2C (2A) 5A 5C 2C 5BB j.BC dj.BC AT is possible, but it's hard to do.
C-Wara main, H-Warc/F-Sion alt.

Offline Dusk Thanatos

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2012, 01:04:05 PM »
Not sure why you would ever end with something that isn't 623B or a setup unless you seriously needed damage or absolutely HAD to do aircombo (like distant pit confirm). I'm not sure how much airthrow ender damages your knockdown, but I doubt that tiny amount of damage extra is worth ANY amount of oki loss unless you know it's going to kill.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2012, 01:05:46 PM by Dusk Thanatos »

Offline Funky-kun

• Spellcaster
  • See red, no escape.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2012, 12:26:39 PM »
Yeah with such solid okizeme options there's no real incentive to do aircombo unless you're going for the kill.

Just found out another nerf: j.22c now hits 5 times instead of 6 and deals less damage. As such, its less +frames when done on the opponent's wakeup.

Offline mir

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2012, 09:10:39 PM »
The double 6aaa full screen carry seems to work, but I'm having still having issues with ender timings. Though with the stages being so small, not sure why use that, outside of flash.
There's nothing to fear now.

Offline LordPangTong

• Spellcaster
  • We troll hard
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2012, 05:31:46 AM »
Soo I'm collecting footage of HVAkiha tech (and a few other chars as well), but I'm unsure of whether or  not I should produce a bunch of short vids showing nothing but combos/setups, or if I should just go ahead and make a video tutorial.

I bring this question to the forums; which would you all like to see?
<justzar> great anime <3

Offline The505

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 4
  • #maidsports
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2012, 06:23:56 AM »
I think compiling them into a tutorial or a single video would be more helpful. rather then multiple videos.

Funnykun's video helped me greatly when i first picked up vakiha.  :toot:
<Killfiend> God I love melty
<Killfiend> So much comeback potential,yet it doesnt really on retarded mechanics like xfactor and ultras

Offline LordPangTong

• Spellcaster
  • We troll hard
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 29, 2012, 07:36:30 AM »
Soo, I've been very busy with school lately and have not had the time to create the tutorial yet. May/may not be getting to it soon, but I'm going to upload a couple segments from it separately.

First: Optimal mid-screen gold air throw combo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jiEEQD2y4ec&context=C310adc1ADOEgsToPDskIfuiVGBWdWM_HPoHLKyMkO

Goes like this: air throw 5A 2C (2A) 2A 2C (5A) 6AA 6C dash 2C Momiji loop of choice

Works on all characters except Maids-Hisui lead, Nero, and the Necos. For Necos, go for:

air throw 2A 2C (5A) 6AA 6C dash 2C Momiji loop

Stay tuned!
<justzar> great anime <3

Offline sevalle

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 29, 2012, 09:45:05 AM »
Nice find! Great to know that H-VAkiha has the capability to go into fullscreen loops from neutral airgrab  :toot:

When I attempt to do that combo, however, the (Nanaya)dummy keeps air-teching right before my 6C hits, can anybody help me on that?

Offline Funky-kun

• Spellcaster
  • See red, no escape.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 29, 2012, 09:48:24 AM »
Don't cancel the 6AA directly into 6C, delay it a little bit.

Offline Dusk Thanatos

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2012, 07:33:43 PM »
Can anyone explain the benefits of using TK j.236a for oki, and how to properly set up said oki?

Offline Funky-kun

• Spellcaster
  • See red, no escape.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2012, 09:02:54 PM »
The main advantage of tk j.236a as oki is that it allows for a throw setup. After Momiji loop dash in and plant it on top of them, and you can throw them before it goes off for some added damage. However beware, they can poke you and the orb will disappear.

The other situation where you should do it over standard pit oki is against characters that can hit you from jump back 22b. If you just want the meaty, simply set the orb up after the Momiji knockdown and wait for it to hit to safely enter pressure.

Offline Symm

• Apprentice
  • Magic Circuits: 0
  • Scrub and proud.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2012, 09:40:55 AM »
So is the jump back j.22C oki still strong?
I was watching a couple of Final Round matches and I didn't see LPT use it once.
Akiha Vermilion <3

Offline Funky-kun

• Spellcaster
  • See red, no escape.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2012, 10:38:34 AM »
Jump back j.22b is as godlike as before. J.22c has been nerfed, as its less hits now, but still better than j.22b if you want to control your meter or are already in max.

From what I've seen, LPT's playstyle is different than mine, so he rarely goes for it. If you want to force the opponent to block and not have to deal with whatever wakeup options they might have, this is the way to go. If you want to force damage through with mixups, there are more risky options with better return.

Offline LordPangTong

• Spellcaster
  • We troll hard
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2012, 11:56:41 AM »
j.22C is an oki tool  that should only be used during Heat mode (imo) due to Half moon style's dependency on getting to that 200% to regain life. j.22C has less block stun than PS2 due to the loss of the last hit, and timing was already pretty short to do jump back -> j.22C -> land, then mixup. j.22C oki is vulnerable bunkers from any moon style, as well as wakeup bunker and wakeup dodge, in some cases. The reduced amount of time you have to start an air dash mixup is less now, and the risk of getting anti-air 5A's by characters like Nero, Mech, Warc, Koha etc. is much greater.

j.236A/C oki on the other hand is meterless, safer, and harder to see. You get throw/throw whiff mixup, or any high/low or safe jump setup you want. 9 times out of 10 I think it is better to go for the j.236A, but if you are nearing the end of Heat and want the extra damage/harder to see mixup, j.236C works too.
<justzar> great anime <3

Offline Funky-kun

• Spellcaster
  • See red, no escape.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2012, 01:27:21 PM »
If timed correctly, 22c hits meaty, and you have time to land, dash in, IAD and hit them into IAD mixup without them ever exiting blockstun. There is absolutely no way to get 5A'd out of this.

With the same timing, 22b gives you meaty, and you can land, dash in, IAD j.A, which will hit Koha and Mech out of their 5As, so I assume it will hit everyone. If you just dash in 2A, it will hit them before they exit blockstun.

236a/c is a good option for oki, but I can not agree that it is safer. Because you are closer, you can get hit by heat/dp if you go for the throw, and the orb disappears, so they will go unpunished.

Offline Dusk Thanatos

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2012, 01:32:43 PM »
With tk236a -- to triple check -- you need to hit them meaty yourself, since the flameweb won't, right?

Offline Funky-kun

• Spellcaster
  • See red, no escape.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2012, 02:00:38 PM »
Depends how you set it up. If you just do tk236a after the loop, then it will hit meaty (might depend on wakeup speed, but will catch them if they jump in any case). If you dash in tk236a (which enables throw) it will not hit meaty. If they mash 2a they are likely to hit you, but if you block it, the orb will hit them.

Offline Symm

• Apprentice
  • Scrub and proud.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2012, 10:04:16 AM »
Thanks for the info, I'll get to the lab with j.236A/C mix-ups and whatnot.
Another question, is there honestly any use for 236A/B/C?
Akiha Vermilion <3

Offline Funky-kun

• Spellcaster
  • See red, no escape.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2012, 12:51:11 PM »
236A can serve as pressure reset, but its slow, so use sparingly.

236B actually put you in the air and you can airdash back in, so you can use it after half momiji for ambiguous mixups. Otherwise not much use.

236C is too slow to be useful at all.

Offline Achtzehn

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • I couldn't pick Free in gender
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2012, 10:58:24 AM »
Who wants a stupid combo to do off raw airthrow midscreen for 100 meter? It's hella easier than LPT's (but his is much better so use that if you can). After you slam the opponent into the ground with her airthrow you can basically use any air options you have remaining. So before you land you could do many things, however I found that this works. Raw AT j.236C land (j.236C hits) 4c 5c 2c (5a) 6aa 6c dash cancel 4c 2c 623b 4c 2c 623b.
You basically cancel the airthrow immediately into j.236C which actually OTGs them, you have to make sure you do 4C just as j.236C activates otherwise they'll float too high for you to do 4C 5C 2C. I'll upload a vid of it later.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2012, 09:15:48 PM by Achtzehn »
I heard LK money matched jimmy, and jimmy had to cut his hair to pay up.

Offline Schnitzel

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2012, 11:38:21 AM »
It's not exactly new or anything, but the most damaging setup (I think?) from 50-65% of screen for Momiji loop is:

j.C 5B 5C 4C 5A6AA 4C 5C 2C 623B 4C 2C 623B 4C 2C 623B  :prinny:

Offline LordPangTong

• Spellcaster
  • We troll hard
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2012, 12:40:36 PM »
It's not exactly new or anything, but the most damaging setup (I think?) from 50-65% of screen for Momiji loop is:

j.C 5B 5C 4C 5A6AA 4C 5C 2C 623B 4C 2C 623B 4C 2C 623B  :prinny:

Doing that is okay but against certain characters, the extra hit messes up the gravity and may cause the last hits of the final 623B to whiff, which kills the entire purpose of doing that combo
<justzar> great anime <3