hentai
When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: MBAACC ver.1.07 V Akiha Thread  (Read 9230 times)

Offline LordPangTong

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 54
  • We troll hard
    • View Profile
MBAACC ver.1.07 V Akiha Thread
« on: October 21, 2011, 06:29:05 AM »
So last night, we get our first taste of 1.07 H-VAkiha. (Or any V Akiha at all, for that matter  :emo:)

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm15941983

And... NOTHING SEEMS CHANGED!!  :toot: :toot: :slowpoke:

Seriously? No new BE silliness or anything yet. =/ Though it is worth noting that this particular H-VAkiha player goes for half-momiji mixups quite a bit. (And with decent amounts of success) One possible reason for this could be that the momiji loop does such considerably less damage than previous versions that its better to go for the corner mixup? Wondering if anything happened to post-momiji oki. (I doubt it though)
<justzar> great anime <3

Offline The505

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 4
  • #maidsports
    • View Profile
Re: MBAACC ver.1.07 V Akiha Thread
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2011, 10:53:06 AM »
Stupid question:

at 3:39 could you always jump cancel 2bbb? or was that in AA and I never noticed?  :psyduck:
<Killfiend> God I love melty
<Killfiend> So much comeback potential,yet it doesnt really on retarded mechanics like xfactor and ultras

Offline Funky-kun

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 18
  • See red, no escape.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2011, 04:34:40 PM »
We also got some F action:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkQVBEZMc_Q&feature=feedu

And... NOTHING SEEMS CHANGED!!  :toot: :toot: :slowpoke:

:emo:

Still the same crappy damage as in 1.05. Makes me think which moon actually is the best now?
In Soviet Blood, victory 2a's its way to you.

Offline LordPangTong

• Spellcaster
  • We troll hard
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2011, 07:58:47 AM »
More F-VAkiha here -> http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm15987762

She pretty much abuses that F-Wara. Unfortunately, we don't see anything new here, other than that her damage is lowwwww. (compared to PS2) Momiji loop not breaking 5k vs Wara? MBCC might be a rough life, fellas  :-\
<justzar> great anime <3

Offline Tonberry

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 53
  • $NJ$
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2011, 11:21:06 AM »
we don't see anything new here, other than that her damage is lowwwww. (compared to PS2) Momiji loop not breaking 5k vs Wara? MBCC might be a rough life, fellas  :-\

whyyyyyy
 >:( >:( >:( >:(
[01:08] <Komidol> that marisa cosplayer that took my registration was sexy
[15:24] <Rokunaya> i've actually reached the point where some voice actors sound familiar in animes
[22:40] <bellreisa> i'm an insane murderer who is overwhelmed by nihilism but that's ok cause i'm in love

Offline ShardZ

• Wheelchair Pimp
  • Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 11
  • Even MI gets 2A'd.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2011, 05:33:34 PM »
iirc he's using suboptimal (2c) momiji loops.. 4c[1]623b 5c 623b etc. might still net alright damage.  I guess it's possible damage scaling was changed where it doesn't matter much now though.

Offline LordPangTong

• Spellcaster
  • We troll hard
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2011, 06:13:26 AM »
So going to break this thread up into 3 different VAkiha threads. This thread should be closed/used for general discussion only
<justzar> great anime <3

Offline ChaseRLewis

• Apprentice
  • Magic Circuits: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2011, 04:35:19 PM »
Day one impression is that F-V.Akiha has high tier potential. Lots of easy damage, lots of options, and great mobility.

Reason all this is better then PS2 port, no priority armor and her bad matchups don't seem as strong at the moment (except arcuied). Did i mention being able to j.A Red arcuied out of her j.B is very fufilling retribution from my losses in PS2 era.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2011, 04:41:50 PM by ChaseRLewis »

Offline Omicron Austin

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 2
  • Downright Fierce
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2012, 06:43:51 PM »
So...is this the thread for Crescent V-Akiha, or has that not been made yet?

I'm not sure who to play anymore.  I like C's specials more, but after switching to H in AA, C feels so awkward and I'm not sure how to jump back into it again; not to mention the fact that I barely even understood fighting games in general when I tried out Act Cadenza.  All of her mixups and combos are a little different, I miss my awesome hitbox on j.C (although crescent's j.C is amazing too), and I miss my fullscreen corner-carry momiji loops.

Offline LordPangTong

• Spellcaster
  • We troll hard
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2012, 08:38:18 PM »
CVAkiha thread hasn't been made yet. I'll get on that soon  :psyduck:

Anyway, to answer your question Omicron Austin, all three styles of VAkiha are highly playable now. (ie C isn't shit status anymore) Choose C if you like untechable j.c, scary pit blockstrings, and better ribbons. Choose H for the fullscreen corner carry from anything, better rushdown, and jump/dash cancelable j.c. When playing C, it's important to remember that she still has full-screen corner carry, she just needs to use meter to do it. (Unlike H) C-VAkiha's 623C will bring them closer to the corner.
<justzar> great anime <3

Offline Funky-kun

• Spellcaster
  • See red, no escape.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2012, 08:10:54 AM »
I'm writing some stuff for C-Vakiha, I'll post it when you start the thread, LPT. Or if you want me to help you, shoot me a PM.

Question for C-Vakiha. With pit set up in the corner, what OTG string do you guys use after one Momiji into aircombo? It needs to push Vakiha away enough to be able to punish tech away from the corner with 236c. It's just that after such a combo the timing to connect all hits is so strict. :/ Do old MBAC OTGs still work?

EDIT:
More questions: What mixups are best after Half Momiji? Do you setup pit after half Momiji?
« Last Edit: January 08, 2012, 08:17:37 AM by Funky-kun »

Offline dakanya

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 31
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2012, 06:53:40 PM »
hi

you know the only qualm i have about crescent is how naked i feel without h/f jump C... cause that move is amazing
thundering waterfalls

Offline eastheaven

• Apprentice
  • Magic Circuits: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2012, 07:53:05 AM »
CVAkiha thread hasn't been made yet. I'll get on that soon  :psyduck:

Anyway, to answer your question Omicron Austin, all three styles of VAkiha are highly playable now. (ie C isn't shit status anymore) Choose C if you like untechable j.c, scary pit blockstrings, and better ribbons. Choose H for the fullscreen corner carry from anything, better rushdown, and jump/dash cancelable j.c. When playing C, it's important to remember that she still has full-screen corner carry, she just needs to use meter to do it. (Unlike H) C-VAkiha's 623C will bring them closer to the corner.

Could you(or anyone) expand on this topic more?  I'm new to the game and trying to choose a moon of VAkiha to dig into, but the differences between the three are still pretty unclear to me.  The quoted text helps clear up some of the difference between C and H, and if F could be compared, along with adding any extra moon comparison info, that would be super fantastic for me.

Thanks!

Offline LordPangTong

• Spellcaster
  • We troll hard
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2012, 11:15:47 AM »
Here's my thoughts/breakdowns on the VAkiha moons:

Before reading what is to follow, I believe all 3 moons of VAkiha are highly viable. Whichever one(s) you pick, you have all the tools to succeed! While all VAkihas benefit from having 2 very quick air dashes and a great equally as fast ground dash, you are also playing the character with the least amount of vitality in the game. Sloppy game play will get you killed fast, which turns a lot of players off from her. Though her life is low, she has the great neutral and powerful okizeme to make up for it, regardless of what moon you are picking.

Full- The strongest VAkiha. She gets highest damage off random confirms out of any VAkihas. She can burn 100 meter to get an untechable knockdown now off any air combo, thanks to the CC making her j.236C awesome. Her neutral is awesome thanks to puffballs and air pillars, both move exclusive to Full moon style. Her corner carry is decent, but she will sacrifice a good knockdown in order to do so in most cases. (forced to end combos with air throw instead of 623B/j.236C) Her pressure is simple yet effective as her 5a/2a yield large amounts of frame advantage and her overhead j.A make for a good  mixup option. Also, TK puffball (j.236A/B) is extremely plus on block, and even counts as a jump for VAkiha. Final comment about F is that her pits are a bit different from C and H. You can set up to 3, one for A, B, and C respectively. You can manually ignite these pits via repeating the command, (i.e. 22A 22A will set a pit then ignite it) or you can cause the pits to ignite automatically by putting an opponent in hitstun/blockstun while standing on a pit. Successfully confirming into a pit is an easy way to tack on large sums of damage to your combos. Out of all the VAkihas, her defensive options are weakest.

Half- My personal favorite style for VAkiha. H-VAkiha gets corner carry to the corner, into momiji loop (623B loop) knockdown off of anything and everything. Her damage in the corner is just shy of F's, but midscreen she loses a bit of damage because of increased proration on 6AAA. Her rushdown is equal to if not better than F's thanks to lots of normals that move her forward. Her pressure revolves around scaring your opponent into standing still via stagger pressure, then locking them in place with frame advantage from pillars or pits. Half's pits throw a mat of fire on the ground like Crescents, but automatically ignite themselves. This helps her neutral game quite a bit as you can punish characters from staying on the ground and trying to establish their own space or anti-air you. This will force opponents into the air a lot of the time, and Half has many strong air-to-air options, despite having no air projectile like F/C. Defensively, Half moon has access to the godlike half moon shield bunker, which helps if your opponent does indeed catch you.

Crescent- recently risen from the dead. Crescent has a j.C that gives an untech knockdown on its own, but is not jump or air dash cancelable, so this is good and bad. Her corner carry costs 100 meter to do, as you must combo into 623C. But, successfully doing this will land you a momiji knockdown + pit oki/air dash mixup, so its definitely worth it. Even if you don't use the meter, she has access to strong midscreen okizeme in the form of ambiguous left/right mixup. Her neutral is awesome because of long reaching flame ribbons (j.236a/b). Her pressure is similar to H's, but she uses TK j.236A ribbon to reset pressure and punish backdashes, and even bait DPs. Her pits are manual ignite, and while your opponent stands in a pit, it will drain their meter/health and add it to VAkiha's. Knocking an opponent down and setting a pit on them makes for a scary situation for the opposition. Defensively, she has heat activation as she is C.

Hope this helps!
<justzar> great anime <3

Offline Funky-kun

• Spellcaster
  • See red, no escape.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2012, 01:59:34 PM »
LPT listed most important differences, I just have a few additions to make.

H:
- One of her best assets is her great meter gain and good offensive heat mechanic, which lets you regain lost life without sacrificing momentum.
- 5A6AA and airdash cancellable j.C are good pressure tools exclusive to her.

F:
- Overall has higher damage off pressure because of no rebeat penalty.
- Better normals - 5A is the closest thing VAkiha has to an antiair normal, her j.B is arguably better, and j.A is just godlike.
- Full's heat mechanic favors "lame" zoning playstyle where you can instantly get life advantage and win with timeout.

C:
- Crescent requires good meter management skills as her strong oki, corner carry and defensive options all rely on meter.

Offline eastheaven

• Apprentice
  • Magic Circuits: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2012, 01:57:29 PM »
This info is 100% fantastic, thanks a lot guys.  I'm pretty excited for the video game!