hentai
When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: MBAA V Akiha :D  (Read 43056 times)

Offline mir

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 6
    • View Profile
Re: MBAA V Akiha :D
« Reply #50 on: October 18, 2009, 07:32:44 PM »
Hmm, I'm having a bit of a problem with the corner game. Say I get a hit in, drive to corner for a loop, following it with tk-ed A-puffball. When I try to iad jC->dj->jA->jC->dash jC, it doesn't come out right if the jA wiffs, but getting the jA to connect is kinda hard. I can do the wiff jA->jA->dash jC though that is somewhat easier to read since she jumps a bit higher. What do you guys do for the H-Vakiha high-high mixup?
There's nothing to fear now.

Offline Tech Romancer

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 0
  • fuck SFIV
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 07, 2010, 01:09:02 PM »
C-V Akiha is not practical.

Could you elaborate on this? I haven't touched V since a few games back, what makes her C-moon bad in this game?
My youtube account: http://www.youtube.com/user/Ergeniz

Mains: C-Akiha, Ries, Mech, Aoko, SAkiha, Red Arc
 Firm supporter of C-Moon

Offline LordPangTong

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 54
  • We troll hard
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 07, 2010, 01:20:42 PM »
C-V Akiha is bad because she's MBAC V Akiha, but with several nerfs. They include:
-Her J.C is now techable
-She lost her good Arc Drive
-236C is nerfed from MBAC
-Momiji loop damage is lower

When her J.C gave an untechable knockdown, V Akiha had no problem setting up strong oki/momentum from anywhere on screen, and was easily able to pin her enemies in the corner. However, this is not the case anymore, and it hurts her game considerably. Not to mention, she loses her great EX-grab AD from MBAC, and her 236C loses its trading abilities.

What does C-V Akiha gain? Air pit activations..........  :toot: Her J.C is also now special cancelable, which is kind of cool but doesn't make up for the loss of the untechable knockdown.

H-V Akiha plays similarly, but has a better J.C, better momiji loops, and is just better in general. If you're choosing V Akiha, go with H or F.
<justzar> great anime <3

Offline Tech Romancer

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • fuck SFIV
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 07, 2010, 01:51:45 PM »
That's pretty harsh.

Are there ANY reasons to play C moon? I mean, any?

Firm supporter of C-Moon

Offline Funky-kun

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 18
  • See red, no escape.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 07, 2010, 08:24:00 PM »
Are there ANY reasons to play C moon? I mean, any?

Her air ribbons are pretty much her only nice trick.

I was playing around with C recently for fun (and coz I was hyped about her MBAACC jC being untechable), and I have a technical difficulty playing her. I can't seem to get tigerknee 22 b/c's right, because when I input 282 b/c I get a superjump tigerknee, which I believe has slower startup. Is there any other way to input it?
In Soviet Blood, victory 2a's its way to you.

Offline LordPangTong

• Spellcaster
  • We troll hard
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 07, 2010, 08:27:25 PM »
Input for TK ribbons is 2369A/B.

Is there any reason to play C-V Akiha? If you can get them in the corner with the momiji loop and set up a pit, she's got decent oki/pressure games you can run, but good luck succeeding in doing that.

My previous statement remains; play H or F.
<justzar> great anime <3

Offline CT_Warrior

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 07, 2010, 09:15:19 PM »
I bet C-VAkiha will be more viable after the update.

Offline MissedFRC

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 4
  • Terror Alert OCTORINE
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 07, 2010, 11:56:44 PM »
Input for TK ribbons is 2369A/B. 

Mat, not ribbons.

27/92, 227/9 should work. Using 9 will still make you super jump but it's faster than 8sj.
<Saya> fuck all of you
* Saya (~chatzilla@24.104.140.198) has left #mbaa

Offline Tech Romancer

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • fuck SFIV
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 08, 2010, 12:16:39 AM »
This probably doesn't apply here (which is good) but one of the things I hate about TKing pits is that its easy for me to mess up with normal Akiha and get TK 2C, and vise-versa. I'm guessing VAkiha doesn't have that problem.

Firm supporter of C-Moon

Offline dakanya

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 31
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 08, 2010, 12:26:03 AM »
Input it faster or use 227 instead
thundering waterfalls

Offline sevalle

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: March 08, 2010, 04:39:15 AM »
Well, here's my best stab at it. I'm no expert in Japanese, and someone should really clean these up because odds are they're more knowledgeable than I am. To put it bluntly, there's a good chance these translations are fucked up at some level, but I'm doing my best.

Akiha changes (Full-Moon Style):
  • 421A can no longer be EX-canceled.
  • 421B has 2 frames more delay.

Vermilion Akiha changes:

All Styles
  • 6C Damage protration changed from 75% to 85%.
  • 623B first two hits damage changed from 400x2 to 500x2.
  • 623B damage protration set to 70%, VS damage strengthened.(?)

Crescent-Moon Style
  • j.C "easy correction"? (Not quite sure what this means; someone better than me do this please)

Full-Moon Style
  • BE5C stiffness reduced 3 Frames.
  • Air 214 landing stiffness added 2 frames.

Half-Moon Style
  • 6C Tech inefficiency added 1 frame.(?)

Again, no guarantees these are 100% accurate, but I'm pretty confident I'm at least in the ballpark.
Allow me to correct you then (to the best of my ability). In summary, V-Akiha got buffed overall and F-Akiha got nerfed. I think I have one or two mistakes, will edit

F-Akiha:
421A can no longer be EX cancelled
421B's startup has been increased by 2f

V-Akiha(all):
6C corrects the proration to 75% and multiplies by 85% (I dont get it)
623B damage increased from 400x2 to 500x2
623B's final hit corrects the proration to 70%, VS damage increased

C-V.Akiha:
J.C is easier to cross up with now

F-V.Akiha:
BE5C's recovery has been shortened by 3f
j.214's landing recovery has increased by 2f

H-V.Akiha:
6C received +1f of hitstun (untechable time)

hmm, so C-Vakiha got a better j.C (I hope its like F-miyako's j.B lol), but is it still techable?
also, I'm reeeeaally hoping that they buff H-Vakiha/Akiha's ground & aerial 236 moveset (like reducing startup time for starters)

for the proration values of 6C, I'm guessing they meant that initial proration will be 75%, and every hit after that will have cumulative proration of 85%, eg. 1st hit 75%, 2nd hit 63.75%, 3rd hit 54.1875% etc. Which if I'm right means a major damage nerf for 6C combos? (This is extremely worrying for H-Vakiha coz of her 6AAA -> 6C comboes)

also, 623b currently has zero proration, so making it prorate 70% at the end would also mean a damage nerf in momiji loops despite the initial damage buff  :emo:
(currently momiji damage output is 400dmg X2hits 600dmg X2hits, total of 2000dmg and 4 hits)

my current impression is that H-Vakiha took a hit due to the (supposed) damage nerf for 6C and momiji loops, hope that I'm wrong though
« Last Edit: March 08, 2010, 05:02:19 AM by sevalle »

Offline LordPangTong

• Spellcaster
  • We troll hard
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 08, 2010, 08:22:47 AM »
So it seems like H-V Akiha's 6C loop will be easier to pull off, (due to extended untechable time on hit) but will do even less damage. As is in the console version, the 6C loop is inferior to the momiji loop. Now it seems like they're telling people to stop going for it all together.  :psyduck:

5[C] reduced recovery time for Full is pretty hype though!  :fap: (I hope she's not ruined by increased recovery on air pillars....)
<justzar> great anime <3

Offline Tech Romancer

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • fuck SFIV
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 08, 2010, 09:41:50 AM »
Seems like they're doing a lot to make sure VAkiha isn't too high in the tiers. :mystery: The stuff about C sounds a bit better, but I can't really get too excited about it as we're using the PS2 revision over here so anything different made to CC won't affect us.

How good was VAkiha back in AC? Did she have something really good back then or some kind of stigma to get the untechable C taken away, etc.?

Just curious.

Firm supporter of C-Moon

Offline sevalle

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 08, 2010, 10:17:50 AM »
Vakiha was probably A tier in MBAC, she is the only character other than Sion (S tier lol) that got into the SBO finals twice, first with satoken in 2006 and again in 2008 when Kou won SBO with her.

Her untechable j.C was the key to her oki (it was the only reason for her side-switching air combo). She could also otg the opponent for up to 80+% meter after j.C knockdown, and this was one of her main source of meter. Not to mention how much better her old 236C, air grab and arc drive was compared to C-Vakiha now.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2010, 10:27:59 AM by sevalle »

Offline Benny1

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 16
  • Christmas Akiha just got sexier!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 08, 2010, 03:16:36 PM »
ps as usual her corner j.C tech game (which is mindblowingly easy, mash 5C) has been completely ignored out of crescent moon but okay!

Anyways yeah Crescent moon at this point is ass midscreen and is better than half in the corner because she has tk flametongues.  But ass midscreen takes away from that.

Also she was really good in MBAC ver.A (which Satoken played) and I believe she was nerfed in ver.B.  I could be wrong though.
C-Wara main, H-Warc/F-Sion alt.

Offline dakanya

• Magus
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 08, 2010, 03:18:40 PM »
IIRC the nerfs in ver.B were very slight... slowing her dash by 1f etc...

Overall IIRC she got buffed since the modified hitboxes let her momiji loop everyone much more easily.
thundering waterfalls

Offline Mistwraith

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 08, 2010, 03:34:41 PM »
With C V-akiha jC changes to allow easier crossup, I sincerely pray that it will be easier for her to get her damage in now. With the current MBAA ver A jC, the hitbox is smaller than her H counterpart which is much more easier to crossup opponents with.

Other than that, I prefer C for all the weird stuff she can do. Flame pits and flame tongues in the air helps her oki games alot.

Offline Benny1

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 16
  • Christmas Akiha just got sexier!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 09, 2010, 06:53:51 AM »
I won't lie, flametongues are very good and you shouldn't discredit them.  It's just yeah, j.C crossup has sucked so far in MBAA, and though it's not a good mixup, it's useful, and the lack of midscreen knockdown (because fuck airthrow) is painful.

I do love Crescent moon style flamepits too, but it's really not worth comparing them to half moon flamepits because the entire point of them is very different.
C-Wara main, H-Warc/F-Sion alt.

Offline NoNo

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 09, 2010, 11:22:31 AM »
C Vakiha is the most corner dependent of all the 3 styles, relying mainly on 623C for corner momiji with crap damage, or jC which shouldn't be used if you cant tech punish...

Stages are bigger, too, and this makes getting that corner setup even harder. tk flame tongues are as good as before, and are sligthly better as zoning tools now.

j236B can combo into ad jA on CH2, but i'm not too sure on how reliable it is. I guess it could be used to punish AA moves, such as C-Nanaya 236 series, Akiha 214, wlen 236B (unless she's less vulnerale during it)...

Offline Funky-kun

• Spellcaster
  • See red, no escape.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 09, 2010, 01:13:06 PM »
Regarding the j.C discussion...

PS2 C-Vakiha on the left, Arcade C-Vakiha in the middle, H-Vakiha on the right. (no change Arcade -> PS2)

It is very possible to use PS2 C-Vakiha j.C as crossup, and I have had success hitting things with it that H-Vakiha's j.C could never touch, for example Nero 4C from a big height.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2010, 01:15:18 PM by Funky-kun »

Offline dakanya

• Magus
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 09, 2010, 01:22:08 PM »
uhm it would seem that C-V.Akiha's J.C got buffed in PS2, there is a change. Look at the red hitbox jutting out on the left side.
thundering waterfalls

Offline Funky-kun

• Spellcaster
  • See red, no escape.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 09, 2010, 02:44:19 PM »
That's what I was suggesting. H's j.C is still better for the sole purpose of crossups, but if it wasn't for the techable knockdown, crescent would have had the superior aerial tool. Seeing that they aren't giving crescent her MBAC j.C back, maybe we could hope for something like knockdown from it, but putting them in non-OTG state?

Offline Lord Knight

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 71
  • Without love, it is lost
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 09, 2010, 03:18:22 PM »
Who cares if it crosses up when it's not jump cancellable.  :(
Keep climbin', gotta get to the top

Offline Funky-kun

• Spellcaster
  • See red, no escape.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 09, 2010, 04:30:00 PM »
Good point, I knew I was forgetting something. -_-

Offline LordPangTong

• Spellcaster
  • We troll hard
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 11, 2010, 09:08:43 AM »
Derp. The aforementioned changes are already in effect for the Arcade -> PS2 Ver. release. It explains why her 6C loop isn't as good on Console.  :psyduck:
<justzar> great anime <3