hentai
When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: MBAA V Akiha :D  (Read 43257 times)

Offline Funky-kun

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 18
  • See red, no escape.
    • View Profile
Re: MBAA V Akiha :D
« Reply #75 on: March 18, 2010, 12:04:24 PM »
Random discovery about H-Vakiha's pits: like every attack in the game, they are +meter for your opponent when blocked. But the last hit of the pit drains meter! 22a/b are both -1.4 meter on block, but 22c is +2.8 for the opponent. Note that it gives more meter than just +2.8, but at the last hit, meter is subtracted.

So yeah, if you see them with 100.5 meter and don't want them to heat, pit them for a surprise! Muhahaw. >:3
« Last Edit: March 19, 2010, 04:23:52 PM by Funky-kun »
In Soviet Blood, victory 2a's its way to you.

Offline sephiroth73003

• Apprentice
  • Magic Circuits: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 20, 2010, 04:06:15 PM »
Yo kinda new to meltyblood played a bit of warc back in AC to rape some scrubs in casual but with AA being official at evo and hearing AA wasn't as much of a A fest as the previous games i decided to give it a go. I'm liking it quite a bit and want to main V.Akiha as i'm doing pretty well with her now that i have her combo's down but i can't decide  between F and H.

F has terrible rushdown but puff ball makes for some gay runaway.
Seems to perform better than H against non-top tiers as Nero,Kohaku, and Mech hisui still have a pretty easy time swatting me out of the sky though puff ball makes it pretty hard for them and her mid screen damage and oki options are clearly inferior to H.

H seems to have less advantageous matchups but generally performs better against the top tier as you can pressure them and once a character is knocked down it doesn't matter how good anything they do is except their reversals which all seem easily baitable in this game. main reason i'm enjoying F is that her 3C is pretty good anti-air except against certain characters like Len >.< and Nero >.<. What is good ways for H to deal with careless jumps? I'm having a hard time with H against Arcuied with people just spamming j. B and j.C as they beat me clean in the air and i can't anti-air them well from the ground.

Seems H is better overall to me but the tierlist ranks F higher and i see a good mixture of both.

Also wtf are you supposed to do against F nero? that floaty sparrow is ridiculous I can do ok once i get a knockdown with H but F seems pretty fucked since she can't rush that shit down.

Offline Funky-kun

• Spellcaster
  • See red, no escape.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 22, 2010, 09:46:19 AM »
One of my friends plays C/F Nero and I think I have some experience in the matchup, so I'll try to give some tips. Possible antiairs:

5D - Although it hurts if they bait it, if used sparingly 5D with you in the corner turns the game around if it hits successfully. I do 2C 5BB jBjC dj jB airthrow, and now you've got them cornered. The airthrow doesn't give that much advantage, but you still have options to keep them in the corner.

2C - I stubbornly continue to use this, unfortunately it has around 1% success rate against Nero jB. Not recommended.

623A - If you can input it fast enough on reaction you can at least trade with jB, which should reset the game to neutral. It is supposed to have upper body invincibility, but I am not sure about frame data.

214A - Works only on really lazy jumpins, as its startup isn't that fast.

For me, F-Nero is kinda easier than C, because he lacks the HEIL HITLER WOLF (5B) and slime is not as bad as deer. There are two kinds of slimes - one disapperas if Nero is hit, the other one stays, but moves relatively less. If Nero is far, the "little slime" should be no problem, and the big one can be removed if you hit or throw him. If he has the one that stays after he has been hit, you can do a jC airdash jC jump jC airdash jC to stay on his head while the slime disappears.

As far as Arcueid goes, I guess you should rely on your zoning tools against her (pits and pillars).

Offline dakanya

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 31
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 22, 2010, 03:51:16 PM »
I will elaborate on your antiair options....

5D has a better chance of working if they've exhausted their jump options and if they don't have an air dodge

2C is indeed pretty bad here...

623A the first hit is air unblockable, the second hit is NOT. and yes it has upper body invul.

backdash can also be a viable option
thundering waterfalls

Offline LordPangTong

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 54
  • We troll hard
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 22, 2010, 05:01:46 PM »
4C

:teach:
<justzar> great anime <3

Offline dakanya

• Magus
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 22, 2010, 05:21:26 PM »
4C is great for stuffing attacks on the ground... and wow what a cheater, h-aka gets another hitbox that extends to her hair, half way to her hairband. 2f slower than C-Akiha's 4C but wow the hitbox is way better for antiair
thundering waterfalls

Offline Lord Knight

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 71
  • Without love, it is lost
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 22, 2010, 05:37:11 PM »
F vakiha has excellent rushdown.
Keep climbin', gotta get to the top

Offline motoh

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 20
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 23, 2010, 04:23:37 PM »
What's F's general methodology?  All I can really do is flitter about fishing for counterhit j.B and flameribbons.

~M

Offline LordPangTong

• Spellcaster
  • We troll hard
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 23, 2010, 04:43:02 PM »
F-V Akiha's general strategy is to tie her enemy down with ribbons, puffballs, and air dashes til she gets a knockdown, then enjoy your ez mode pressure/damage.  :toot:
<justzar> great anime <3

Offline sephiroth73003

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 27, 2010, 09:49:58 AM »
F doesn't seem to have many if any oki options without ending a momoji loop but she can't do that very easily like H-Akiha. Is there a way of setting up knockdowns without air throw outside of the corner for more than 2.5k dmg?

General F strategy i'm using is fairy till i get a hit and make it count, but having problems being proactive as my offense isn't very tricky as I lost 5B, Auto-ignite flamepit, and guaranteed 4k dmg ending with momiji loop wakeup options.

Is there a way of setting up guaranteed corner pressure with F?

Offline LordPangTong

• Spellcaster
  • We troll hard
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 28, 2010, 01:24:48 PM »
F doesn't seem to have many if any oki options without ending a momoji loop but she can't do that very easily like H-Akiha. Is there a way of setting up knockdowns without air throw outside of the corner for more than 2.5k dmg?

General F strategy i'm using is fairy till i get a hit and make it count, but having problems being proactive as my offense isn't very tricky as I lost 5B, Auto-ignite flamepit, and guaranteed 4k dmg ending with momiji loop wakeup options.

Is there a way of setting up guaranteed corner pressure with F?

Off of a momiji loop, throw down 1 or 2 pits, then dash in and pressure from there, shit is gdlk. If you don't want to do that, just wait, and do puffball oki. 623B gives you plenty of time to set up any angle of attack you want, and then you can just run with it. Outside of the corner, just go for air throw. After the throw, dash up meaty to make them respect, and then start using dash J.2369A/B. Puffball oki forces your enemy to block. Anything else will get snuffed. (Except something like SAkiha's 623C or other bullshit reversals)

Your strategy for F-V Akiha should be to throw out pillars and work under cover of them. Her J.B is great for getting air CHs, and her J.C has a nice large crossup hitbox. Use her air normals to your advantage all the way. Once you get them to start blocking, you can't try and pressure them the same way you do in H/C Moons. (Due to the loss of RBs and some normals.) Instead, you're either going to A) Make everything you do safe. (ie, end your blockstrings with 623A) or B) Stagger with 5B and try to catch jump outs/mashing with 4C.

Guaranteed corner pressure pretty much comes from puffball pressure, so just get them to block a J.236A, and then have fun making them guess what you'll do next.
<justzar> great anime <3

Offline Lord Knight

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 71
  • Without love, it is lost
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 28, 2010, 07:19:08 PM »
Don't listen to LPT he plays H  :prinny:

Concept matches http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm9108269
Keep climbin', gotta get to the top

Offline Funky-kun

• Spellcaster
  • See red, no escape.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 27, 2011, 01:29:25 AM »
F-Vakiha setups off Momiji loop:

standard 3x 623b loop -> sj forward j22a ja/jc when landing

I believe this is the default setup, it gives nice +frames to start pressure, air normal can be whiffed to go into low or bait reversals. If meaty jC is blocked, you can sdj forward [22a 22b] xN. Builds good meter, can try to sneak dash jC whiff 2a.

standard 3x 623b loop -> tk7j22b j214b just before landing

Another safe option. You are far away, so bunkers, reversals or heats will not harm you, and you still have +frames to continue pressure.

2a5b2c3c623b 2c623a tkj22a j236a/b -> double airdash crossup jc

Crossup seems pretty obvious here, however the good thing is that when crossup jC is blocked, you can go into j236a jc loop and mix it up from there.

Is there any other fancy setup or ambiguous mixup for F? Midscreen ending with j236a seems the only way, but I don't think it's worth it. Any ideas for the corner?

Offline LordPangTong

• Spellcaster
  • We troll hard
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 27, 2011, 07:34:13 AM »
Best F-Vakiha momiji loop setup is:

2a 5b 2c 3c 623b 2c 3c 623b 2c 4c(1hit) 227C j.236a/b

High damage + ambiguous left/right mixup because pit activation pushes the opponent just outside the corner before the j.236 knockdown
<justzar> great anime <3

Offline Tonberry

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 53
  • $NJ$
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 27, 2011, 12:15:38 PM »
standard 3x 623b loop -> tk7j22b j214b just before landing

Is there any other fancy setup or ambiguous mixup for F?

If you do the above setup and j236a as soon as you recover from pit it hits them, sets off pit, and you can tk 22c, 22b xn until you hit the ground.  High j236a is also very safe.  It'll whiff if they crouch but they need serious guts to crouch block FVakiha in the air and you retain a jump and an airdash if they do that anyways.
[01:08] <Komidol> that marisa cosplayer that took my registration was sexy
[15:24] <Rokunaya> i've actually reached the point where some voice actors sound familiar in animes
[22:40] <bellreisa> i'm an insane murderer who is overwhelmed by nihilism but that's ok cause i'm in love

Offline BloodyNights

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: August 19, 2011, 05:19:49 AM »
I'm new to Melty Blood: Actress Again but since a couple of people actually have the game at the fight nights I go too I'm really wanting to learn how to play it. Mainly because I find the quick gameplay fun, and I'm a huge type-moon fan. While I don't have a japanese ps2  :slowpoke: I have been using the emulation to run the game.

I'm thinking that maybe that is the reason I can't get the momiji loop  :( I've tried and tried, but I can't seem to do it, well I've done it once. The timing seems so ridiculous, or perhaps the emulator is lagging slightly which prevents me from doing it? Any tips.

Also I'm useing H-V Akiha, but since I'm new to the game I just made up my half ass'd combo that is

2A, 5C, 4C, 5A, 6AA, 2C, 5BB, j.B, j.C, J.C, Air Throw.

Depending on how many 2A's I throw in it seems to do around 4500 damage. Is their another combo I should do besides that one, if I suck at doing the Momiji?

And any block strings I might want to learn, though hitting the C's into 6AA seems safe on block especially if I cancel it into the pillars.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 05:21:37 AM by BloodyNights »

Offline dakanya

• Magus
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 19, 2011, 11:17:38 AM »
assuming you get a proper starter but even in general, 4c momiji is really easy. if you are using the emulator, you probably want to time things earlier instead of visually confirming it because of input lag
thundering waterfalls

Offline hobbes

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 19, 2011, 11:46:27 AM »
I'm using the emulator to learn too. FUCK. Input lag. Sahgren needs to invite me over so I can use my mbaa disk.

Offline Cristu

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 23
  • Melty Blood > $
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 19, 2011, 11:49:06 AM »
@ Bloody Nights

No matter what the timing problem is, try this to pratice: 2C 623B (the earlier the better). After that is 4C 2C into another 623B. The 4C is your problem, right? Test doing 4C in all timings, from early to late. It's important that you hit the buttom only once while testing the timings. Like Dakanya said it's really easy. Inputing from early to late you'll find out there a lot of time it will work. Also, try doing the 623B's faster, if you're delaying it's bad because your opponent will fall faster and it will be harder for the 4C to connect. You might know this already, but always wait the 4C hits twice, then 2C 623B again. Good luck there.
A little bit of console ain't too bad.

Offline LordPangTong

• Spellcaster
  • We troll hard
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 19, 2011, 01:59:59 PM »
As Dakanya said, the easiest rep of momiji to learn is 4C 623B. Learn the timing for the 4C link and work from there. (if it's difficult, the problem is most likely your emulator =/)

The combo you made up is right in the beginning. Try confirming those 6AA's into 6C instead of 2C 5BB when you're midscreen. 6C lets your carry your opponent all the way to the corner so you can start looping. When in the corner, just do confirm into 6AA~ 2C 623B and start momiji looping. As for blockstrings, H-VAkiha has really free-form shit. 6AA into pillars is good, but if you get predictable with doing that you're going to get parried/countered. H-VAkiha has some good normals that will move her forward while you pressure, (a la 5B, 6A, 5C) so get used to using those together. Good things to keep in mind are: 5B is -1 on block, 5A is +1, and pillars are plus.

More info on everything here: http://mbaa.mizuumi.net/wiki/Akiha_Vermillion#Combos_and_Strategies_2
<justzar> great anime <3

Offline BloodyNights

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 20, 2011, 03:34:46 AM »
I was actually doing 5B, into 2C, I'll have to try it the other way. Also it may be due to the fact that my ps3's D-pad has spoiled me slightly, I have a way easier time doing the DP motions on it rather than on a ps2 pad @~@ Thanks for the help guyz. Now I just need to figure out why all my jump ins get stuffed by air to airs, and what I can do against an opponent who won't stay grounded.

Offline Tonberry

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 53
  • $NJ$
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 23, 2011, 05:47:51 PM »
Well, today I was practicing with F-VAkiha, and got to see some videos of Satoken. My question is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wL_VZDVy3w&feature=player_detailpage#t=291s

At 4:51, How does he put and ignite flamepits so fast?. How does it work exactly?

If they're in blockstun pits ignite by themselves. 
[01:08] <Komidol> that marisa cosplayer that took my registration was sexy
[15:24] <Rokunaya> i've actually reached the point where some voice actors sound familiar in animes
[22:40] <bellreisa> i'm an insane murderer who is overwhelmed by nihilism but that's ok cause i'm in love

Offline Funky-kun

• Spellcaster
  • See red, no escape.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 28, 2011, 07:56:02 PM »
Absolutely uber random F-Vakiha fact:

If you get a Half moon character while in auto heat into blockstun with any C normal canceled into pit (so that it auto ignites from the blockstun), the pit forces a circuit spark!

(tested via training mode with guard all)

Now, why this happens is beyond me. :mystery: Might have some applications.

Offline Funky-kun

• Spellcaster
  • See red, no escape.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 06, 2011, 06:38:21 PM »
Optimal damage combos:
Damage estimates done on VSion.

Midscreen
2aaa5b5c4c(1) tk8 22a airdash jc land jbc jc airthrow                     ...4790
2aaa5b5c4c(2) 236c 5c3c jbc jbc airthrow                                       ...5273 (100% required)

Midscreen to Corner Carry
2aaa5b5c623a tk9 22c airdash jc land jbc jbc airthrow                   ...4797 (works from the center of the stage)

2a x3, because adding more hits makes links easier due to gravity scaling. It is doable from just a single 2a/5a, but harder.

Momiji Loops
2aaa5b5c4c(1)    623b 2c3c 623b 2c3c 623b                                  ...5064 (gives oki)
2aaa5b5c4c(1)    623b 2c3c 623b 2c3c jbc jbc airthrow                  ...5773
2aaa5b5c4c(1)    623b 2c236c 2c3c 623b 2c3c 623b                      ...5650 (100% required, gives oki)
2aaa5b5c4c(1)    623b 2c236c 2c3c 623b 2c3c jbc jbc airthrow      ...6030 (100% required)
2a5b2c delay 3c  623b 2c3c 623b 2c3c 623b                                  ...5093 (gives oki)
2a5b2c delay 3c  623b 2c3c 623b 2c3c jbc jbc airthrow                  ...5963
2a5b2c delay 3c  623b 2c236c 2c3c 623b 2c3c 623b                      ...5840 (100% required, gives oki)
2a5b2c delay 3c  623b 2c236c 2c3c 623b 2c3c jbc jbc airthrow      ...6380 (100% required)
2a5b2c delay 3c  623b 2c3c 623b 2c4c(1) tk9 22a j236a/b             ...5258 (gives crossup mixup)

Shield Counter
SC -> 2c delay 3c jbc jbc airthrow                                                    ...3017 (midscreen)
SC -> 2c delay 3c 623b 2c3c 623b 2c3c 623b                                  ...3856 (corner, gives oki)
SC -> 2c delay 3c 623b 2c3c 623b 2c3c jbc jbc airthrow                  ...4653 (corner)
SC -> 2c236c 2c3c 623b 2c3c 623b 2c3c 623b                                 ...4518 (corner, 100% required, gives oki)
SC -> 2c236c 2c3c 623b 2c3c 623b 2c3c jbc jbc airthrow                 ...5084 (corner, 100% required)

She deals DUMB damage in the corner. 6k from 2A. 5.8k + oki? Yes please!
SC when in corner, dash under 2c -> pain train. She deals 5k from shield counter. Damn, some characters can't get this kind of damage from normal hitconfirms.
And the best part - nothing indicates any of these values will be different in CC.

Something that kinda bugs me is the fact that when hitconfirming off SC with 2c3c -> aircombo, doing the inputs quick gives 2868, but delaying them ups the damage to 3017. The number of hits is still the same. Is the proration from the SC based on time? This would explain why the lengthy loops from SC do so much damage.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2011, 08:15:14 PM by Funky-kun »

Offline dakanya

• Magus
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 06, 2011, 08:13:15 PM »
im guessing since 236c is being used so early, it's not char specific... or maybe i was copying that jp combo wrong... i have not touched fvakiha in a while now
thundering waterfalls