When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: MBAA V Akiha :D  (Read 43058 times)

Offline LordPangTong

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 54
  • We troll hard
    • View Profile
Re: MBAA V Akiha :D
« Reply #100 on: October 06, 2011, 09:19:49 PM »
Did you write up those combos yourself, Funky-kun? There's no way those shield counter combos should be doing 5K. Nothing in the game should be capable of that. Also keep in mind in an actual VS match, those damage values will be reduced so that sort of damage is not really going to happen all that much.

Notes from me:
- when picking up shield counters/midscreen ch hits, use 2C 4C instead of 2C 3C. 4C hits more times, plus it keeps them low enough so that you can go for relaunch combo if you want, thus getting better corner carry.
-This combo is possible and should be added to midscreen combos. (Possibly as the optimal one, next to the corner carry bnb)
--> 2A 5B 5C 4C J.AAC SDJ.C j.236A/B (For untech knockdown midscreen. Air dash/air backdash to get air pillar oki)
<justzar> great anime <3

Offline Funky-kun

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 18
  • See red, no escape.
    • View Profile
Re: MBAA V Akiha :D
« Reply #101 on: October 08, 2011, 10:39:53 AM »
Did you write up those combos yourself, Funky-kun? There's no way those shield counter combos should be doing 5K. Nothing in the game should be capable of that.

Yes, I tested these combos for the last few days. I was thinking the same thing - shield counter combos are limited to about ~3.5k. But my testing partner told me "I'm sure she has 5k off shield, she easily breaks 5k off everything". I was skeptical at first, but she really has these damage values. See:

5k from shield on Vsion
4.5k from shield on Akiha

Bad news is I am not able to hitconfirm it when I am in the corner with a dash under - VAkiha goes too far away to connect it properly. But dash under 2c623b -> loop works fine.

Also keep in mind in an actual VS match, those damage values will be reduced so that sort of damage is not really going to happen all that much.

True, but this is the default way of comparing damage. Still, she has no problem dealing her normal massive damage in match conditions.

when picking up shield counters/midscreen ch hits, use 2C 4C instead of 2C 3C. 4C hits more times, plus it keeps them low enough so that you can go for relaunch combo if you want, thus getting better corner carry.

When you say relaunch combo do you refer to tk pit hitconfirm? Haven't tested that, if it works that would be awesome! Comparing pure damage, 2c3c is better, but 2c4c(2) carries them a bit further and sacrifices just 100-200 damage.

This combo is possible and should be added to midscreen combos. (Possibly as the optimal one, next to the corner carry bnb)
--> 2A 5B 5C 4C J.AAC SDJ.C j.236A/B (For untech knockdown midscreen. Air dash/air backdash to get air pillar oki)

I toyed with this before, but totally overlook using meaty charge pillars to push them to the corner. Great idea!
236a doesn't seem to allow to airbackdash after it. So this means the combo has to use 236b in order to get a good meaty.
Here's what I came up with:

2a5b5c4c(2) jac sdjC 236b ja (whiff) jBE214b    ...4024 (if you hit them with jc crossup)
2a5b5c4c(2) jac sdjC 236b airdash jBE214a      ...4024 (if you hit them with jc normally)
2a5b5c4c(2) jbc j8c236c ja (whiff) jBE214a        ...4751 (100% required)

The way jC hits them (crossup or not) seems character dependent.
Setting up BE214b seems the best option, as it is safe from DPs.
All setups seem safe from normal antiairs, catch most backdashes, and can be escaped from roll dodges and the likes of Nero teleport.
If they block, it's a free carry to corner. If they get hit, it's 5k for them.

You think these are legit?
« Last Edit: October 08, 2011, 10:41:43 AM by Funky-kun »
In Soviet Blood, victory 2a's its way to you.