hentai
When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: [MBAACC 1.07] C-Aoko Discussion Thread  (Read 51476 times)

Offline Kirah

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 7
  • {Secret Society Chancellor }
    • View Profile
[MBAACC 1.07] C-Aoko Discussion Thread
« on: August 03, 2010, 01:51:05 PM »
I thought might as well get this going, the changes for our beloved Ms.Blue has been posted and I must my favorite moon has gotten some well deserved buffs that might make her more of a formidable opponent. Especially with the shortening of the stage, and the removal of level armor, so J.A will serve much more of a purpose of air to air. I've been speaking with Zar and Tonberry about the changes and we can already smell the gdlkness emanating. I for one love the fact of being able to summon 3 held orbs, but I was most excited by being able to combo from 5C into 63214C, Stronger hitbox on 236A and stronger J.C hitbox.

So i'm hoping for her old fuzzy to be a lot easier, and 236A to be respected cause lets face it people just aren't afraid of this move everyone IADs over it for free. Also comboing into EX mirror ahem can you say brain dead kicking ass lol, i'm truly ecstatic about all of this. This Aoko has more control over her destiny in my opinion. I would of like to see a little buff on air rain, but that'd might of been too much to ask, perhaps movement after B version, but I digress. Also full untechable on air hit with A mirror, also faster startup. So reflection on reaction quite possible, and also maybe an anti air application might be present. I know in the past i've misinput and gotten a counter hit shield for AA, or maybe there may even be other possibilities COMBO OPPORTUNITIES. In the change description it said air hit not air counter hit, so it may seem farfetched, but i'm trying to be optimistic.

So what does everyone else think?

Edit: Also I forgot the new 22D, it's increased speed will definitely be an asset. In AA it was only really good for 236C Layzuh storm!!, but it may be able to form some pretty good setups using her other beam moves depending on other factors. Also faster aerial backpedaling speed so that means we can get the fuck out of dodge these are just all good things that they've supplied her with.

Edit II: http://zoome.jp/otomeyume/diary/209 <= Also here is the link to the video showcasing Aoko in CC, she really isn't doing anything to special, but you do get to see 22D in action for a second.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2011, 06:47:28 PM by o}Sinclaire{o »

Offline Tonberry

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 53
  • $NJ$
    • View Profile
Re: [MBAACC] Aoko Discussion Thread
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2010, 03:15:04 PM »
Maybe 22d is fast enough to be a reversal now.  That would be fantastic

I really appreciate some of the smaller buffs a lot.

2C - Moves her more
Blaze (geyser) - Faster start up, SC timing is also faster. Minus on block
123 (keep it classy) - Hitbox lengthened on 2+3 just a little bit
623B Follow up - Hitbox improved

I always HATED how you can't combo into 2c from far 2b.  Total garbage doing 2b --> nothing. 

22 being faster hopefully means that you can go airtight into it to force respect, which would be great.  Being minus on block is a bit of a nerf but there's always a chance to get disrespected after 22 even with it being plus. 

123 buff is nice as well.  There were times where I've done Aoko1 whiff 2 or Aoko12 whiff 3.  GAHBIJ

623b followup having a better hitbox - yessssssss.  It's obnoxious trying to do moonsault combos on short crouching characters.

Quote from: Kirah
I was most excited by being able to combo from 5C into 63214C, Stronger hitbox on 236A and stronger J.C hitbox. So i'm hoping for her old fuzzy to be a lot easier

Hopefully her fuzzy works on more characters now too
[01:08] <Komidol> that marisa cosplayer that took my registration was sexy
[15:24] <Rokunaya> i've actually reached the point where some voice actors sound familiar in animes
[22:40] <bellreisa> i'm an insane murderer who is overwhelmed by nihilism but that's ok cause i'm in love

Offline Kirah

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2010, 03:20:24 PM »
Yeah most definitely, i'm thoroughly excited now what about these Haoko and Faoko nerfs. I mean Haoko didn't have a lot before at her disposal so this could be sort of nut shot and Faoko osing air unblockable Shoryu surely puts a damper on some of that mental pressure for when she's down.

Offline Kirah

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2010, 08:28:04 AM »
Attention!!

Two New CCaoko vids, nothing too new in these vids. Nothing really showcased in these two vids. Though the second CCaoko vid 421C made an appearance the Aoko used it very cleverly. So lets crack into these vids and see what we can see if there's anything to take notice of.

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm11627613

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm11627712

The minus on A geyser also rears its ugly head in the second video, so in order to make that safe you have to cancel into an EX move. Though the Aoko ops to use 623A to try and punish a mash out from the Cmech in the second vid. You still have options that you can use after 22A. The Aoko's are still playing very stock which is understandable, but also i've noticed that they're using 236C at an increased frequency. Perhaps 22D or there's something else that remains to be discovered.

Perhaps 22D is viable as reversal now? As stated as a possibility by Tonberry, that decreased recovery on air backdash seems to help. Is it me or is he she just THAT much faster?  :mystery:
« Last Edit: August 04, 2010, 08:40:25 AM by Kirah »

Offline Tonberry

• Spellcaster
  • $NJ$
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2010, 10:59:12 AM »

2:13 she combos into A mirror for knockdown.  The knockdown she gets after that looks pretty shitty compared to normal 123 slider ender.  On the positive side, A mirror is the only move you can use(or maybe 22d now too?) that combos after 4c with no held orb or 623a(pointblank only.)  Since it reels on ground hit maybe you can combo after 4c without having a held orb.   
[15:24] <Rokunaya> i've actually reached the point where some voice actors sound familiar in animes
[22:40] <bellreisa> i'm an insane murderer who is overwhelmed by nihilism but that's ok cause i'm in love

Offline Kirah

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2010, 11:23:54 AM »
That'd be great making 4C have a lot more use, I wonder how much damage CCaoko would net from that. Hell any damage is good damage in my opinion, but it'd be another thing an opponent would have to worry about. Also using 4C while orb is and being able to get a BNB without sacrificing an orb would be great.

Offline AARP|ZTB

• HATEmaster
  • Magic Circuits: 102
  • canes, complaints & caddies
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2010, 01:34:46 PM »

2:13 she combos into A mirror for knockdown.  The knockdown she gets after that looks pretty shitty compared to normal 123 slider ender.  On the positive side, A mirror is the only move you can use(or maybe 22d now too?) that combos after 4c with no held orb or 623a(pointblank only.)  Since it reels on ground hit maybe you can combo after 4c without having a held orb.  
See, the problem with that is, unless she's getting extra +f on the A mirror I don't see any possibility of following up from it (on ground) =/.

So I checked out the vid again with the slider>A mirror combo. Didn't actually notice the mirror hit was NOT otg, which is what I assumed viewing it the first time (good eye, tonberry). Seeing how it strikes and launches airborne targets, I don't think it will be as useful outside of the corner and in the corner I would imagine a wide range of combo possibilities from it (in the form of l00pssss).

So I did some poorness in ps2 training for testing A mirror "theory combos". Turning off air tech to simulate the CC properties of mirror. So far I've (wasted my time and) come up with:
2abc>delay 5c>3c>A mirror>5a>2c>delay 3c>A mirror>5a>2c>5c>3c>aerial (could probably throw some 5a>2c>2a loops in there or something. may/may not be necessary though)

Yeah, I know it's sad as fuck and probably a futile attempt to simulate what could be possible in CC but hey, you never know =/...If it works though, I'd be pretty friggin' happy cus I was getting 4k+ off fake mugen combos!  :V
« Last Edit: August 04, 2010, 01:40:09 PM by ZARtacus! »
zar are you even aware that your attitude is what drove people off in the first place. i think zar's attitude is worse than all of that. cause neither of you guys mean anything. but zar can poison shit around him. zar's the one that gets personal online and does realtalk that's out of line.

Offline Kirah

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2010, 01:58:41 PM »
Well this is basically a theory thread so anything could useful and pulling off 4K+ with that is still good. Also that sounds very interesting and possibly a new hype combo, maybe not more then moonsault. There maybe a possible way of combining with moonsault which I may actually give a shot today using Zar's combo as a skeleton and a few other ideas.  ;)

« Last Edit: August 04, 2010, 02:08:34 PM by Kirah »

Offline Kirah

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2010, 04:01:46 PM »
Don't mean to keep double posting, but here's another Caoko and Faoko vid let us discuss!!

Player: Gintoki
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm11635064

One of the things I've noticed they changed BlueFire it no longer covers that massive area, it starts smaller then expands upward near the end of the animation. Though it doesn't seem like Faoko really changed much what so ever. I saw the effects of 236A's increased hit box now and it seems to be a bit bigger so it can't be ignored. Also I believe the options off of CH 236A due to the new CH may expand a bit beyond 2A > 3C > Aerial Juggle. I'm hoping that theory is correct because that'll definitely make her more feared.

Other then that there's nothing too much different then what we've been seeing, probably cause they haven't gotten the chance to experiment yet so possibilities could be endless. I would like to see some 3 held orb action.

Offline Tonberry

• Spellcaster
  • $NJ$
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2010, 09:16:56 PM »
See, the problem with that is, unless she's getting extra +f on the A mirror I don't see any possibility of following up from it (on ground) =/.

Yeah I forgot about that :(

2abc>delay 5c>3c>A mirror>5a>2c>delay 3c>A mirror>5a>2c>5c>3c>aerial (could probably throw some 5a>2c>2a loops in there or something. may/may not be necessary though)

Yeah, I know it's sad as fuck and probably a futile attempt to simulate what could be possible in CC but hey, you never know =/...If it works though, I'd be pretty friggin' happy cus I was getting 4k+ off fake mugen combos!  :V

Slightly modified version of the above
2a2b5b2c>delay 5c>3c>A mirror>[5a>2c>3c>A mirror]x2>2a>2c>5c>3c>jb>jc>jb>jc>jb>jc>airthrow = 5523 damage on Vsion

2a2b5b2c>delay 5c>3c>A mirror>[5a>2c>3c>A mirror]x2>2a>2c>3c>214c>2c>421a = 4888 damage on Vsion.

tbh though...I doubt any of these work in CC the way they are because 2c advances more now.  That being said, you can probably still do corner loops with A mirror by throwing in 5{c} after 2c for more push back so that A mirror doesn't whiff.

Offline AARP|ZTB

• HATEmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2010, 09:20:02 PM »
Lol we're so sad...

...and I'll fucking lmao if any of this shit works.
zar are you even aware that your attitude is what drove people off in the first place. i think zar's attitude is worse than all of that. cause neither of you guys mean anything. but zar can poison shit around him. zar's the one that gets personal online and does realtalk that's out of line.

Offline Kirah

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2010, 04:34:19 AM »
Sad or visionaries? we must make do with what we have thus we are fiends!! But in all seriousness that sounds awesome. Corner to corner BNB and if these theories are true we can undoubtedly setup for knockdown and the meter gain would be tremendous. It seems too good to be true, but we must keep our fingers cross for our beloved Ms.Blue and hope Ecole overlooks this also. If 2C brings us closer wouldn't that be more beneficial to to bring these ideas to fruition?

Offline Kirah

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2010, 09:23:10 AM »
The overall system changes are amazing and seem to aid Aoko in many ways, no longer would you have to IAD > J.B > 214A/B > Grab > Burst > 2C > 421A. Though it's a mixup and should be forgotten, untechable raw ground throw is amazing. No longer to tech punish and simply set up orbs and continue pressure. This makes her control over the match a lot better, but of course other opponents whose after grab game was already strong well have it a lot easier. I'm loving this new system and how they benefit Aoko in general.

Also I was thinking about the A mirror combos that you posted, but I looked at the mirror now pulling opponent in on ground. Would this make it viable in a normal BNB, or it could lead to a whole new combo in the corner with orb most likely. Perhaps something like this, just a theory since I can't reproduce the reel in effect.

2A > 2B > 5C > 6A > 6B > 63214A > Burst > 5C > 6ABC > 236C > 421A
« Last Edit: August 06, 2010, 09:32:56 AM by Kirah »

Offline AARP|ZTB

• HATEmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2010, 12:05:47 PM »
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm11972297

Probably the first and only time I'll ever root for Gintoki lol. I have to admit, he was pretty damn fierce in this set (1st match). Also @1:39 you can see Moonsault (623b>236) hitting crouching Shiki with ease. Guess the hitbox size was "improved". Yay to more dmg opportunities! :toot:

...Curses to the Aoko v Nanaya matchup. (COUNTER MONSTERRRRR)

Offline Tonberry

• Spellcaster
  • $NJ$
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2010, 08:39:16 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hS-uxlXEjk#t=8m15s

Fuusui being extremely hype taking down Tatsuya C-Ciel and Kuga C-Mech with C-Aoko.  New 2c distance looks gorgeous.

Offline Kirah

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2010, 06:20:24 AM »
Indeed it does no more will 2C randomly whiff at the slightest increase of distance!! Hmmm this could also mean different dimensions for setups after j214C. I can definitely see that 2C crossup after j214C being a lot easier to manage, but it's only theoretical. If i'm not mistaken the increased 2C range was universal so, rebeat strings with Haoko will be a lot better can probably easily convert into 2C > 5A > 3C (JManson Copyright) string. Another way to stay in other than 5B?  :mystery:

Offline Tonberry

• Spellcaster
  • $NJ$
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2010, 11:22:48 PM »
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm12507444

0:13, 0:50 - New midscreen mixup off of mirror knockdown.
1:50 - Nanaya attempts wakeup jump on this setup, Aoko gets guardbreak for free
2:19 - GDLK
7:22 - Air wheelkick da gawd
7:25 - ughh ecole still trolling, slider failed to combo after 123
11:16 - Nice try
12:27 - Successful fuzzy on Nanaya, I don't think that works in ver.B

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm12507475

2:11 - zzz dp

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm12507508

0:40 - Hype combo

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm12507554

1:38-1:42 - lollll

Offline BurstOfAnger

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 13
  • Vatista's chest is 1 inch larger than Linne's
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2010, 01:31:35 AM »
At 1:50, I don't think that's a guardbreak, Nanaya landed before Aoko attacked. He could have blocked it. I think the player was just stunned at the moment and failed to block it.

And as hype as that j236a combo is, it doesn't seem to do better than the regular combo in damage. But C-Aoko's full of stuff like that isn't she?
« Last Edit: October 23, 2010, 02:12:27 AM by BurstOfAnger »
Immortalize! 1st Clause! DIVIDE!

Waldstein is pronounced wa-REN-shu-tain. French Bread trollin'.

Offline Tonberry

• Spellcaster
  • $NJ$
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2010, 10:44:06 AM »
At 1:50, I don't think that's a guardbreak, Nanaya landed before Aoko attacked. He could have blocked it. I think the player was just stunned at the moment and failed to block it.

Yeah that's what happens in the vid but she definitely had enough time to get guardbreak if someone tries to wakeup jump that setup.

And as hype as that j236a combo is, it doesn't seem to do better than the regular combo in damage. But C-Aoko's full of stuff like that isn't she?

I'm not entirely sure.  The combo was done in last 50-25% of Nanaya's life with some reduction.  I can't do the whole combo in training mode in ver.B because you can't get as many hits off before 2c since CC 2c advances more. 

Offline AARP|ZTB

• HATEmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2010, 01:31:02 AM »
(C-Aoko)

bad news bears. . .

- 63214A forces invincible down. So that means no otgs and sadly no crazy Amirror pickup/juggle combos (huge BAWW).
** so, We are using 63214A like this.
~2C>5C>delay 3C>63214A>airdash*2(okizeme)

2A>2B>6A>6B>22A>63214A>HJ>airdash>J214AorB(okizeme)
** - JeffreyManson@Ero

Yeah, 22A>Amirror apparently combos.

- 623B>236 : The attack range of moonsault has expanded and effect was added
- JM

Me thinks this is easier to land (which is what we have already suspected)

- **(JC Hitbox, in reference to DJ.C Fuzzy/Kamone)** It has strengthened. Perhaps, the range expansion is done.(However, I am not actually feeling it so much. ) - JM

Oh well? =/

- **Aoko rankings** F > H >> C - JM

...Oh, come on now! Still?! Wasn't too happy to hear this. And apparently EXguard>236C is hot shit w/ F. Also EXguard is significantly stronger due to reduced meter gain from attacker and something about interrupting strings w/ EXguard>2A as F (scoring CH then dash>2A to continue [lol?])
« Last Edit: November 21, 2010, 01:40:52 AM by ZARtacus! »

Offline Kusanagi

• Da Gawd
  • Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 15
  • The Sword that Slays Gods
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2010, 10:19:14 AM »
lol I knew mirror loops wouldn't be possible, you could tell from vids, how ppl werent even OTG'ing off it, so yeah.

Moonsault, yeah you can tell it's easier when it hits even crouching opponents  :V

J.C ... hmmm yeah, I think the only change was how "easier" would it be to crossup j.C (hitting op backwards). C getting back her old fuzzy would be gdlk. (did she?)

I don't know about the rankings but since I haven't touched the game I can't say.
Either way changes for F moon don't look that significative. I even thought it'd be something like F > C/H  instead of that lol I mean, H got her own nerfs, and C got some nice buffs, but I guess that wasn't enough to change the moon ranking we already knew

hoh and also, wth, then F is now something like Garu-ish moon? Lool
- Main: Aoko. Alts: CRoa, CRyougi, H-Sion, C-Arc
- My Stick [TE mod. PS360+]

Offline LivingShadow

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 55
  • Sanity is overrated
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2011, 11:18:25 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUMpV4Ng7qk#t=2m30s

This guy looks decent. Although, blowing all your meter for that setup looks questionable.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2011, 11:20:31 AM by LivingShadow »

Offline abitofBaileys

• zzz
  • Germaniac
  • Magic Circuits: 159
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2011, 03:12:46 AM »
Wow I did not know about C-Aoko's 22D until now.

duh.

Offline AARP|ZTB

• HATEmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2011, 07:18:49 PM »
« Last Edit: September 20, 2011, 08:02:06 PM by ZARtacus! »

Offline LivingShadow

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 55
  • Sanity is overrated
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2011, 04:34:25 AM »
ver1.05 CC F-aoko

user: JeffreyManson@ero (aka "JM")
arcade: GameSky
description: rape

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm15658993 (no jm eww)  :gonk:

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm15659292 (no jm eww)  :gonk:

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm15660422

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm15660764

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm15661072

In the process of watching these. His C-Aoko is hilarious to watch, one of the few I've seen to use 22d so far.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 04:42:51 AM by LivingShadow »