When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Atlas Academy > Aoko Aozaki

[MBAACC 1.07] C-Aoko Discussion Thread

(1/22) > >>

Kirah:
I thought might as well get this going, the changes for our beloved Ms.Blue has been posted and I must my favorite moon has gotten some well deserved buffs that might make her more of a formidable opponent. Especially with the shortening of the stage, and the removal of level armor, so J.A will serve much more of a purpose of air to air. I've been speaking with Zar and Tonberry about the changes and we can already smell the gdlkness emanating. I for one love the fact of being able to summon 3 held orbs, but I was most excited by being able to combo from 5C into 63214C, Stronger hitbox on 236A and stronger J.C hitbox.

So i'm hoping for her old fuzzy to be a lot easier, and 236A to be respected cause lets face it people just aren't afraid of this move everyone IADs over it for free. Also comboing into EX mirror ahem can you say brain dead kicking ass lol, i'm truly ecstatic about all of this. This Aoko has more control over her destiny in my opinion. I would of like to see a little buff on air rain, but that'd might of been too much to ask, perhaps movement after B version, but I digress. Also full untechable on air hit with A mirror, also faster startup. So reflection on reaction quite possible, and also maybe an anti air application might be present. I know in the past i've misinput and gotten a counter hit shield for AA, or maybe there may even be other possibilities COMBO OPPORTUNITIES. In the change description it said air hit not air counter hit, so it may seem farfetched, but i'm trying to be optimistic.

So what does everyone else think?

Edit: Also I forgot the new 22D, it's increased speed will definitely be an asset. In AA it was only really good for 236C Layzuh storm!!, but it may be able to form some pretty good setups using her other beam moves depending on other factors. Also faster aerial backpedaling speed so that means we can get the fuck out of dodge these are just all good things that they've supplied her with.

Edit II: http://zoome.jp/otomeyume/diary/209 <= Also here is the link to the video showcasing Aoko in CC, she really isn't doing anything to special, but you do get to see 22D in action for a second.

Tonberry:
Maybe 22d is fast enough to be a reversal now.  That would be fantastic

I really appreciate some of the smaller buffs a lot.

--- Quote ---2C - Moves her more
Blaze (geyser) - Faster start up, SC timing is also faster. Minus on block
123 (keep it classy) - Hitbox lengthened on 2+3 just a little bit
623B Follow up - Hitbox improved
--- End quote ---

I always HATED how you can't combo into 2c from far 2b.  Total garbage doing 2b --> nothing. 

22 being faster hopefully means that you can go airtight into it to force respect, which would be great.  Being minus on block is a bit of a nerf but there's always a chance to get disrespected after 22 even with it being plus. 

123 buff is nice as well.  There were times where I've done Aoko1 whiff 2 or Aoko12 whiff 3.  GAHBIJ

623b followup having a better hitbox - yessssssss.  It's obnoxious trying to do moonsault combos on short crouching characters.

--- Quote from: Kirah ---I was most excited by being able to combo from 5C into 63214C, Stronger hitbox on 236A and stronger J.C hitbox. So i'm hoping for her old fuzzy to be a lot easier
--- End quote ---

Hopefully her fuzzy works on more characters now too

Kirah:
Yeah most definitely, i'm thoroughly excited now what about these Haoko and Faoko nerfs. I mean Haoko didn't have a lot before at her disposal so this could be sort of nut shot and Faoko osing air unblockable Shoryu surely puts a damper on some of that mental pressure for when she's down.

Kirah:
Attention!!

Two New CCaoko vids, nothing too new in these vids. Nothing really showcased in these two vids. Though the second CCaoko vid 421C made an appearance the Aoko used it very cleverly. So lets crack into these vids and see what we can see if there's anything to take notice of.

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm11627613

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm11627712

The minus on A geyser also rears its ugly head in the second video, so in order to make that safe you have to cancel into an EX move. Though the Aoko ops to use 623A to try and punish a mash out from the Cmech in the second vid. You still have options that you can use after 22A. The Aoko's are still playing very stock which is understandable, but also i've noticed that they're using 236C at an increased frequency. Perhaps 22D or there's something else that remains to be discovered.

Perhaps 22D is viable as reversal now? As stated as a possibility by Tonberry, that decreased recovery on air backdash seems to help. Is it me or is he she just THAT much faster?  :mystery:

Tonberry:

--- Quote from: Kirah on August 04, 2010, 08:28:04 AM ---#2
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm11627712

--- End quote ---

2:13 she combos into A mirror for knockdown.  The knockdown she gets after that looks pretty shitty compared to normal 123 slider ender.  On the positive side, A mirror is the only move you can use(or maybe 22d now too?) that combos after 4c with no held orb or 623a(pointblank only.)  Since it reels on ground hit maybe you can combo after 4c without having a held orb.   

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version