hentai
When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: [MBAACC 1.07] F-Aoko Discussion Thread  (Read 22966 times)

Offline Kirah

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 7
  • {Secret Society Chancellor }
    • View Profile
[MBAACC 1.07] F-Aoko Discussion Thread
« on: October 28, 2011, 03:08:51 PM »
I haven't really looked through vids for sensei until today, I wanted to try and run away from depression and profound sadness. Never the less here's a vid to get the ball rolling. It's a vid of Gintoki going in.

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm16002220

Edit 1: Part 1 of the Gintoki rape fest. http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm16001610
« Last Edit: October 28, 2011, 06:48:44 PM by o}Sinclaire{o »

Offline Rokunaya

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 16
  • Keepin' it alive
    • View Profile
Re: [MBAACC 1.07] F-Aoko Discussion Thread
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2011, 05:01:55 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6RCmA3CCAY&feature=player_detailpage#t=69s

F-Aoko 214C is see-through now; this kills her mixup off it alot.

Tbh I think this change is really fair since her 214C series is almost impossible to disrespect at the end of any blocksting and allows her back in with mixup for free for only 100 meter. Before, the mixup was gdlk; literally unseeable. You still can get in and try to run some tricks,  it's just people can clearly see aoko behind the blasts now.

Edit: On second thought it's not THAT easy to see Aoko behind the blasts but at least it's still possible to lol

Edit2: ...Actually this color of the orb blasts might be a product of the Aoko color used.
....Welp
« Last Edit: November 03, 2011, 05:06:54 AM by Rokunaya »
clmelty: great roku! lol / I like roku lol
clmelty: I want to make CL like roku team
clmelty: Roku is best popular player in the meltyworld

Offline AARP|ZTB

• HATEmaster
  • Magic Circuits: 102
  • canes, complaints & caddies
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2011, 08:17:25 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6RCmA3CCAY&feature=player_detailpage#t=251s

*this may have been in 1.05*

able to cancel the end portion of 63214C into an aerial attack (shown here is j214). The player cancels the ending hits into jC as well in an earlier match, which I'm too lazy to search for again. Although the jC whiffs , possibly due to execution flop, it seems there may be rejump or extended combo potential with this as well.

Also, I want to say that 63214C is forced down but theres still no indication of this just yet (we'll know in 2mths I guess lol)
zar are you even aware that your attitude is what drove people off in the first place. i think zar's attitude is worse than all of that. cause neither of you guys mean anything. but zar can poison shit around him. zar's the one that gets personal online and does realtalk that's out of line.

Offline Kirah

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2011, 08:29:37 AM »
Also that sounds great especially for corner carry after normal J214C midscreen untech Bnbs. Also the mixup potential is quite commendable making her all the more scary.

Offline M4g1c4lM4g1

• Apprentice
  • Magic Circuits: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2011, 10:05:03 AM »
Don't think this was posted, but lots of F-Aoko footage here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AljHV3ic7GM

The second half of the vid is almost nonstop F-Aoko ^.^ Some interesting stuff as well, including a cool corner combo at 68m50s

Offline AARP|ZTB

• HATEmaster
  • Magic Circuits: 102
  • canes, complaints & caddies
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2011, 10:32:33 AM »
624C can be used at the end of OTG strings and still get full dmg (e.g. in corner 624a/b>dash>2a>5a*3>5b>2b>624C) and I'm also going to go ahead and assume that 624C is forced down now.
zar are you even aware that your attitude is what drove people off in the first place. i think zar's attitude is worse than all of that. cause neither of you guys mean anything. but zar can poison shit around him. zar's the one that gets personal online and does realtalk that's out of line.

Offline Kirah

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile

Offline kilvear

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2011, 08:04:29 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnpvu4g8iBg&feature=g-all-u&context=G2d24510FAAAAAAAABAg

This Faoko is just raping everyone until he meets Rio shiki
« Last Edit: December 22, 2011, 08:07:06 AM by kilvear »

Offline Kirah

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2011, 08:24:03 PM »
New Vid!!
Player:
Jeffrey Manson

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VelDVqaAI8g

Offline mzenken

• Apprentice
  • erikasmoking.jpg
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2011, 10:50:32 PM »
It's generally a better idea to do airthrow finisher at midscreen, right? Seems like continuing a combo with j214C land 2C 63214A into oki would be kinda worthless when I'm trying to get my opponent into the corner, aside from a guaranteed kill.

Offline ChaseRLewis

• Apprentice
  • Magic Circuits: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2012, 09:10:27 AM »
Alright so been playing F-aoko the last few days and have to say i've been liking her a lot. I think j.214C is always the better options unless your going for a zoning game as her airthrow leaves her with hardly any strong offensive options.

Questions
1. Is there a way to combo off artillery rain? are you even plus afterwards? I set it up so I was right next to them and couldn't even get 5A to combo on hit which is a bit annoying.
2. Is there a way to combo off her fuzzy when they are crouching? I can't seem to get the 421A to combo but read it was possible, can someone confirm that it combos form the j.C->j.C fuzzy.

Stuff I've come to realize.

1. You always want to end you combo's in sweep -> orb if possible. You get the most options post knockdown here compared to 63214X.
You get crossup bubble you can combo from, every type of jump mixup imaginable including emptyjumps, and standing overhead not to mention normal frametrap stuff.

Post j. 214C in the air it seems 5[C] ->2C is the best way to guarantee you can do 2C -> orb without it bursting before they stand up. However the 5[C] is a bit hard to time only doing it about 50% of the time correctly right now but only started doing it yesterday.

2. 5[C] -> stuff gives the best options after j. 214C combo's as you can go for sweep or even do 5[C]->214A->jump combo for an added 600-1200 dmg depending on the character.

3. if you have meter and they are blocking in the corner do 214C everytime it's just too good to not do.

Biggets drawback to F-aoko .... i never have meter for heat because I'm too busy blowing fools to smithereens with "Blue Fiyah!"
« Last Edit: January 02, 2012, 09:17:08 AM by ChaseRLewis »

Offline Kusanagi

• Da Gawd
  • Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 15
  • The Sword that Slays Gods
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2012, 01:23:31 PM »
Questions
1. Is there a way to combo off artillery rain? are you even plus afterwards? I set it up so I was right next to them and couldn't even get 5A to combo on hit which is a bit annoying.
2. Is there a way to combo off her fuzzy when they are crouching? I can't seem to get the 421A to combo but read it was possible, can someone confirm that it combos form the j.C->j.C fuzzy.

Biggets drawback to F-aoko .... i never have meter for heat because I'm too busy blowing fools to smithereens with "Blue Fiyah!"

1. Artillery > 2A > etc (it's a 1f link unless you activate artillery instantly, that way the link becomes easier)
2. Only way to follow up her fuzzy is doing IH > j.C > land > etc

That's not a drawback, that's just your poor meter management. She builds practically 100% in one combo.  :nyoro:
- Main: Aoko. Alts: CRoa, CRyougi, H-Sion, C-Arc
- My Stick [TE mod. PS360+]

Offline Luneth

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2012, 01:03:34 AM »
So I've always been ending j.214C combos with 2C > 4C > orb when I want to go for the set-up/oki,
but I've read and seen a lot of people opt for 2C > 63214A/B > orb

Is there an noticeable difference between 4C and 63214A/B for ending the combo?

4C is obviously easier to input and it feels like it knocks them down for the same amount of time...
does someone happen to have a better understanding?

And I might as well bundle another question in here -- what's the difference between using TK j.214 charge orb and standing 214 orb after knockdown, and why do Japanese players go for the TK charged orb?

Thanks in advance!
"No way. These are just the eyes of a man who has seen things. A shaman's eyes. Terrible things, that you can't imagine."

Offline Kusanagi

• Da Gawd
  • Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2012, 07:27:33 PM »
2C > B.Slider  has a better recovery for setup. You get more time than you get doing 4C.

I think (not confirmed but) that TK charged orb activates faster.  :nyoro:

Offline ChaseRLewis

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2012, 09:57:06 PM »

Ya that's all I could figure out for the j.C fuzzy also which isn't too big, but not as strong as the H-aoko fuzzy options
1. Artillery > 2A > etc (it's a 1f link unless you activate artillery instantly, that way the link becomes easier)
2. Only way to follow up her fuzzy is doing IH > j.C > land > etc

That's not a drawback, that's just your poor meter management. She builds practically 100% in one combo.  :nyoro:

Cool hadn't thought to IH the j.C in the air. Does the Artillery instant have different frames or you talking having it meaty? Been thinking of trying half, how do you think F stacks up against H and C? H seems to have better mixup, but F has that easy mode damage.

Also blue fiyah comment was a joke. I just really like that move, lol.

Also mixups I've been running under Blue Fiyah!

j. C->airdash->j.A->j.B (her j.A is overhead? at least that's what Training Mode blocking says)
j.C -> cr. A -> Be at plus for more stuff
j.C -> 4[C]
j.C -> airdash->j.B-> be at plus for another jump mixup or whatever.

If I setup a up orb you can artillery rain into an easy combo by just staying grounded and using that.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 10:35:33 PM by ChaseRLewis »

Offline Tonberry

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 53
  • $NJ$
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2012, 02:29:46 PM »
F-Aoko high/low stuff: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUtgo5xE0kU

Her damage seems to be a good amount lower from console.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2012, 02:40:04 PM by Tonberry »
[01:08] <Komidol> that marisa cosplayer that took my registration was sexy
[15:24] <Rokunaya> i've actually reached the point where some voice actors sound familiar in animes
[22:40] <bellreisa> i'm an insane murderer who is overwhelmed by nihilism but that's ok cause i'm in love

Offline kilvear

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2012, 08:28:54 PM »
421a overhead beam usage. This is the most common way to use 421a. its techable after j214C but you can bait the tech so most people would not tech.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TsR4ZZhJO8 << god damn use this one instead.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2012, 06:08:04 AM by kilvear »

Offline Kusanagi

• Da Gawd
  • Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2012, 01:34:09 AM »
421a overhead beam usage. This is the most common way to use 421a. its techable after j214C but you can bait the tech so most people would not tech.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OuME259Pg9A

That is wrong Kilvear... You're supposed to j.214C > land > 2C > 421A
And you get enough time to activate Artillery as meaty, making the 2f link easier to land...

Why would you risk them getting out of it?
« Last Edit: January 14, 2012, 01:49:30 AM by Kusanagi »

Offline kilvear

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2012, 05:57:32 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OuME259Pg9A

That is wrong Kilvear... You're supposed to j.214C > land > 2C > 421A
And you get enough time to activate Artillery as meaty, making the 2f link easier to land...

Why would you risk them getting out of it?

Yeah I just realise that. I was feeling something is  missing. Uploading the new one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TsR4ZZhJO8 << this is the new one.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2012, 06:08:19 AM by kilvear »

Offline ChaseRLewis

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2012, 08:34:30 PM »
F-Aoko high/low stuff: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUtgo5xE0kU

Her damage seems to be a good amount lower from console.

Something to consider is that her 63214C doesn't prorate as much when it otg's as much as blue fiyah!

so what I like to do off my overhead if I don't have heat is 4[C]->63214A->63214C->j.C->3C->Air combo

Hits 3.3k ish and is hit confirmable while the 63214A is pretty safe unless done at point blank range.

Been playing a lot of hime and mech.

C-Mech

feel the matchup is in aoko's favor because your pressure and mixup is so much better than hers and she has a hard time keeping you out once you build meter.

-Generally your aerials lose to mechs and jet pack rules the air, however if she's already in the air j.A isn't too terrible but I heavily discourage any other aerial.
-Orbs are somewhat useful after a knockdown for setups but if the mech is content to zone then she has an easy time clearing them.
-Her panic options when not in heat are pretty abysmal and luckily j.214C -> sweep->214A is pretty easy on her so you can get a lot of mixup on her without having to rely on blue fiyah.
-If she's cornered with heat just let the bitch up, drones is still really amazing
-Her crouching laser has been heavily nerfed so if you jump causing her to whiff instant double air dash and punish it. Take advantage of that and remember 236A->236C is solid for beginning pressure if you have excess meter as if you do it as similar times you can trade  heavily in your favor.
-Stay on that bitch and be ready to bait her back dash as moves back really far.

F-Hime

matchup is probably slightly in aoko's favor as your corner pressure rapes her.

-If she has 100% meter you can't use any of your zoning tools at all or you'll eat 2.3k+ into
a knockdown that sets up some shenanigans.
-j.A is your best aerial for tagging her out of the sky if she's above but if your even j.B is better.
-Your losing this matchup till you knock her down so save your meter for pressure and j.214C and do whatever you can to keep stuff going on her.
-Use safe jump setups to bait the uppercut because her low life normally means 2 solid hits or a solid and 2 random hits will end the match in your favor.

Offline Tonberry

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 53
  • $NJ$
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2012, 07:49:04 PM »
Something to consider is that her 63214C doesn't prorate as much when it otg's as much as blue fiyah!

so what I like to do off my overhead if I don't have heat is 4[C]->63214A->63214C->j.C->3C->Air combo

Hits 3.3k ish and is hit confirmable while the 63214A is pretty safe unless done at point blank range.

Oh wow, I didn't realize you could combo off of 63214c.  That's really nice.
[01:08] <Komidol> that marisa cosplayer that took my registration was sexy
[15:24] <Rokunaya> i've actually reached the point where some voice actors sound familiar in animes
[22:40] <bellreisa> i'm an insane murderer who is overwhelmed by nihilism but that's ok cause i'm in love

Offline ChaseRLewis

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2012, 10:07:56 PM »
Figured I'd post a couple more matches that I've been playing

H/F - Len
-You should be rushing down Len pretty hard because she out buttons you
-Follow behind orbs is the best way to get in and placing a few is really useful to make her have to be careful about her approach angles. Her j.2C will often go through orbs but it seems inconsistent for Len so risky.
-F is harder to lame because you lose the option to use your non-orb projectiles but I feel F is easier to deal with than H because it's pressure is more predictable.
-matchup is pretty even but watchout for her fuzzy as it hurts, whoever corner the other first probably wins.

C - WLen
-Her 5C and 5B are fucking amazing watchout when jumping
-Her pressure is better than yours but her damage at best is even but she has more life so things are pretty even on that front.
-End combo's from j.214C ->sweep->orb if she uppercuts you can be blocking than punish (if she doesn't get hit by the orb you can parry the super to prevent her from being safe but orb normally hits her). You can shutdown all her panic options with this setup.
-Use the above setup to set up mixup and establish your offensive game. Once they get used to blocking that you can be a bit more liberal in what you do. Use that blockstun to do BlueFiyah mixups if you have extra meter.
-Be careful when zoning because even though her dash is slow it is invulnerable so she can run through any of your zoning attempts.
-Matchup seems even but there you need to learn to shut down her panic options or your never going to get anything going.

F-VAkiha
-Ugh ... this matchup seems somewhere between even and in V. akiha's favor.
-j.C is surprising strong against her aerials if she's below but j.A is amazing in other circumstances. If v. akiha j. b's and is below you your probably going to lose unless you did a j.C pretty early.
-This matchup is over in 2 combo's but since V.Akiha can't setup her oki in the corner without sacrificing damage sometimes you'll live to 3 which is nice.
-Any hit should be tried to be converted into a blue fiyah mixup afterwards as if you get that second hit she's done.
-She's faster and more mobile than you and she can actually dash THROUGH your orbs if the player has the balls to be that fearless which is really annoying but something you need to consider when trying to get some breathing space.
-Bitch is just way to fast. Matchup tends to be one person gets absolutely smashed by the other and rounds tend to end pretty quickly as you can't run from v. akiha.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2012, 10:15:40 PM by ChaseRLewis »

Offline ChaseRLewis

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2012, 10:36:19 PM »
Got to play a really good C-Kohaku player recently. Matchup seems pretty hard at the second but think that's because he already knew the aoko matchup but I had to learn the Kohaku matchup.

C-Kohaku has an amazing jump attack that will clear proximity orbs and still force you to block without hitting her normally. Orbs aren't useless by any means but Kohaku has a pretty easy time getting rid of them.

You don't ever want to be in the air before kohaku as you WILL lose to j.B. However if you jump afterwards you can throw out your own j.B for a counter hit. If kohaku back airdashes she'll probably do j.B to land safely so recognize that distance and see what she likes to do. Rushing in can be dangerous so try to follow orbs and be creative as if she does a 5B to kill the orb you can space yourself to punish the whiff.

In the corner C-Kohaku has no reversal except burst so do everything you can to kill her. Also a high redash j.C seemed pretty effective as 5B is kinda too slow to reactively throw and will lose to the redash 2A pressure renewal. Kohaku has a pretty fast 2A so be very tight with your staggers and 2B->2A frame traps.

Honestly, your goal should be to keep this fight from nuetral as much as possible. With a little bit of practice it's not too hard to block C-Kohaku, but she has a really strong ability to punish any type of escape from her pressure. Typically you can start pushing yourself away after blocking a cut or 2C so look for those and react accordingly.

Matchup is probably pretty even, but could easily be 5.5-4.5 in Kohaku's favor.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2012, 10:41:44 PM by ChaseRLewis »

Offline SaberHaze

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2012, 01:39:05 AM »
Hi guys. I'm new to MBACC, what are some basic bnb for F-Aoko

Offline Remzi

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile