hentai
When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: Aoko Eclipse Moon - Aoko matchups  (Read 6135 times)

Offline kilvear

• Apprentice
  • Magic Circuits: 0
    • View Profile
Aoko Eclipse Moon - Aoko matchups
« on: November 16, 2011, 03:47:51 AM »
I thought I start a new topic that is not specific to any Moons  it is meant to help cover switching Moons or just simply moons vs certain matchup discussions. This thread though I would not want to go into specifics regarding each Moon but again an overall view of Aoko as a character in general against the rest of the cast.

I thought I start off the fact that Aoko is not that a straight forward character. Even Faoko is not a straight rushdown compared with the other Moons. Probably an example of switching moons against characters like Aoko vs Nero.

Obviously Faoko would have an easier time against Neros(all moons) because of her fast fireball which pins Neros down from a distance. Haoko would still be ok but Caoko would definitely have problems.

So lets take the discussion from here.

Offline Kirah

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 7
  • {Secret Society Chancellor }
    • View Profile
Re: Aoko Eclipse Moon - Aoko matchups
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2011, 08:13:27 AM »
That's perfectly fine i'm actually compiling all of my knowledge acquired thus far into a manuscript that i'll happily share. Even though my matchup knowledge isn't very versed do to the lack of actual matchups and financial bounds, but i'll try my best. I think this thread is a good idea, but I believe there should be a type of uniform so things won't be so jumbled and lost.

Offline Kusanagi

• Da Gawd
  • Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 15
  • The Sword that Slays Gods
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2011, 03:48:11 PM »
Yeah... I'm all up for this, but I don't know if we have enough info. to be discussing it w/o having touched 1.07 yet :|
Like, I tried doing this a while back before evo, and funny thing is we decided H was the best moon against Kohaku, but it ended up being either F or C.

So yeah, my point is, we can't do much with such a lack of info.
I'll try to help a little meanwhile though, discuss :3
- Main: Aoko. Alts: CRoa, CRyougi, H-Sion, C-Arc
- My Stick [TE mod. PS360+]

Offline kilvear

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2011, 05:39:58 PM »
After getting my hands on v1.05. I can say that even with the buffs do not expect the bad match ups for Aoko to be even. It is generally still quite tricky when it comes to characters with strong rushdown. The blessing is that with the system changes, air to air game is now manageable rather "Oh fuck I can't do shit".

I hope my arcade upgrades to 1.07 next week so I can have her with all her buffs so I can figure out what's the new strats in general for all the moons.

P.S. That new sexy air j623a

Offline Numakie

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 19
  • Oh nooooz~~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2011, 11:36:15 PM »
I hope my arcade upgrades to 1.07 next week so I can have her with all her buffs so I can figure out what's the new strats in general for all the moons.

What arcade?
~~Playing the wrong way... and somehow getting away with it.~~
<Pfhor>: no, I only have nightmares about your play numakie
<Pfhor>: because it makes no fucking sense
<Pfhor>: like WHY IS THIS HISUI DOING THESE THINGS

Offline NotGreats

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2012, 09:36:34 AM »
Anyone have matchup advice vs Warachia as C-Aoko specifically?

Neutral game vs him doesn't feel TOO bad since you can lay lame and wait for him to get hit by an orb or j.236A or 236A or something similar.  But so far to me it feels like it's still slightly Wara favor in a neutral situation.

However, due to poor initiative from air combos ended in airthrow midscreen, it feels like after landing a punish outside of the corner initiative goes right back to Warachia.  Meantime all his combos end in EX-Pinwheel or corner throw so he can capitalize on all his knockdowns.

Any reccomendations on getting at least some basic oki from airthrows midscreen?  I know there's the 5[C] 4C air CH combo that's wildly impractical most of the time between being CH only and needing to be very close.  Other than that though, I can't seem to find anything decent.  Just being able to get basic pressure on his wakeup would make that matchup feel a lot less bad.

Offline FireBearHero

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 3
  • Deep
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2012, 01:40:00 PM »
However, due to poor initiative from air combos ended in airthrow midscreen, it feels like after landing a punish outside of the corner initiative goes right back to Warachia.  Meantime all his combos end in EX-Pinwheel or corner throw so he can capitalize on all his knockdowns.

Any reccomendations on getting at least some basic oki from airthrows midscreen?  I know there's the 5[C] 4C air CH combo that's wildly impractical most of the time between being CH only and needing to be very close.  Other than that though, I can't seem to find anything decent.  Just being able to get basic pressure on his wakeup would make that matchup feel a lot less bad.

Don't launch him, then. For 100 meter a pop you can get an unblockable setup off of 123 every time against full or a mean invisible mixup against anything else.

Offline Roy-Kr

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2012, 02:49:00 PM »
Don't launch him, then. For 100 meter a pop you can get an unblockable setup off of 123 every time against full or a mean invisible mixup against anything else.
Most combos i get on him are from counterhits in the air so it wouldn't really work for me :-\
« Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 12:22:06 AM by Roy-Kr »

Offline Qpunch

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • QQQQETHBETHGNRDAW%R
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2012, 03:32:44 PM »
So is there any place to see matchup info or should I just stick to the one in the MBAA section?
C Aoko, C Wara, C Sacchin