When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: :: #M-Aにようこそ! ::  (Read 5280 times)

Offline AARP|ZTB

• Knight Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 102
  • canes, complaints & caddies
    • View Profile
:: #M-Aにようこそ! ::
« on: August 16, 2009, 02:57:38 PM »
  • What the hell is #Mages-Association, Zar?
#M-A is a channel devoted solely to the Aoko user. Whether you don't know how to get started with Aoko, seek improvement in your game, wish to discuss strategy and high-level play or you're just a complete Aoko fan-boy- this is the haven for you.

What was originally intended to be a player guide/tutorial, "evolved" into a sub-community erected on IRC to mentor beginners and provide a place to discuss the more complex notions between seasoned players.

With Aoko being considered one of the few characters in MB with a steep learning curve, I felt that it was necessary to organize a focus group of sorts in order to network better with other players and help speed up progress with those just starting out or trying to step up their game. While the number of members in the channel are few, I feel that many of the regular attendants (including myself) have greatly improved since the channel was started.

So If you're interested in trying your hand at Aoko as a main or sub character or you're already a current user who wishes to share some of those tricks you have up your sleeves, drop by and see what we're all about.

• So how do I join this fantastic channel, now?!  :fap:
Server: irc.mizuumi.net
Channel: #mages-association

Just grab an IRC client or software and enter the information above.

This however is a slightly faster method:
1) http://mibbit.com/chat/
2) Click server (top-middle) and enter  irc.mizuumi.net  in the box.
3) In the channel: (mid-right) box enter  #mages-association
4) Change your Nickname (mid-left) to whatever you think sounds cool
5) Click GO! And that's it. Just give it about 10 seconds and you'll be firing off finger lasers in no time.

If Mibbit is not for you then try out one of these dozens of other clients.
IRC Clients

• Will it always be "OMG, Aozaki Aoko 100% SRS BSNS!!1"?
Although the channel does mostly focus on Aoko-related topics, we do from time to time discuss other interesting things that may pop up with other characters in MB. There have even been occasions where other fighters (3S, GG, EFZ, etc.) have been mentioned and discussed briefly in the channel.

However, deviating too often - rather never contributing anything to the "main" discussion (e.g. you talk about LOLIS ALL THE TIME) or not interacting at all (i.e. idling for weeks at a time) will likely get you kicked and eventually banned.

Players should come in the channel with the intention of learning the ins and outs of Aoko (heheh) or leaving other members with a bit of advice/info that will help us all improve in some way with the character. Please consider this before joining.

• I just want to learn anti-Aoko strats/How to beat this orb-camping whore...
"If you know both yourself and your enemy, you can win a hundred battles without a single loss." - Some Old Chinese Dude

What better way to learn how to smash Aoko than by learning about what makes her work?  If you come in the channel expecting a simple answer to your match-up problems VS Aoko then you probably won't get it (although you could be clever about how you ask). We'd be glad to help you get started on learning Aoko and explaining how to approach certain match-ups using her with you though.

• But my Aoko is is ass. I'll just waste everyone's time...
Everyone has to start somewhere. I've seen quite a few members grow into competent Aoko users by simply asking questions, being patient and determined when training, doing independent research and experimenting as well as getting feedback from others in the channel. Aoko isn't really a character you can pick up in a week and it will take much time, practice and ass-beatings before you notice improvement. Stay true, stay blue and stick with it!

Zar Month 1 Aoko

• But my Aoko is already GDLK. I'll just be wasting my time...
There's always room for improvement no matter how nice you may think you are. Even one of Japan's top-ranked Aoko users, JefferyManson@Ero, is always finding new ways to tweak/refine his gameplay and create more bizarre techniques and setups to keep up with competition. As more people are starting to get into MB outside of Japan, you can believe that the quality of competition will become more demanding. Will your game be at it's best when that time comes? At #M-A we always try to spread new ideas that will help us stay on top of our game.

...Plus you don't want to keep all of that godliness to yourself, do you?  :teach:

• So what's this thread for then?
The thread is mainly for presenting any issues you may have when trying to connect to mizuumi.net or the channel. Feel free to also leave any comments or feedback you may have about the channel or its members. Crazy IRC quotes and funny moments or what have you are encouraged as well.

I'll be personally using the thread to post any "special guest visits" that may occur or any long leave of absences that I may take which will likely occur when I'm back in school.

If you wish to post any Aoko MBAA related information please refer to any of the three threads listed below for your convenience, to avoid any unnecessary clutter here and to leave room for troubleshooting & shoutoutssss  :toot:.

« Last Edit: August 16, 2009, 03:33:19 PM by Zar@H »
zar are you even aware that your attitude is what drove people off in the first place. i think zar's attitude is worse than all of that. cause neither of you guys mean anything. but zar can poison shit around him. zar's the one that gets personal online and does realtalk that's out of line.

Offline AARP|ZTB

• Knight Magus
    • View Profile
Re: :: #M-Aにようこそ! ::
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2009, 03:11:00 PM »
*Just a few more finishing touches to add to the OP*

[8/16]

Special Guest Appearance scheduled for 8/20. Who could it beeee? :mystery:

Hope you all like the new thread and enjoy yourselves in the channel (I'll be in and out as "my" connection is ayuss atm).
zar are you even aware that your attitude is what drove people off in the first place. i think zar's attitude is worse than all of that. cause neither of you guys mean anything. but zar can poison shit around him. zar's the one that gets personal online and does realtalk that's out of line.

Offline AARP|ZTB

• Knight Magus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2009, 07:02:18 PM »
Great news!

#M-A now has a YouTube Channel!!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheMagesAssociation

Props to Rudolf for the idea. I'm actually pretty hype now after seeing the first vid (even if it isn't originally from #M-A) and I hope we can provide some of our own material soon. This should be a fun community project.

Anyway, the channel will provide combo samples, full videos, okizeme and setup videos and possibly some hi-lvl match play footage for ALL MOON PHASES...

JUST FOR AOKO!!!  :o

As soon as we're able to provide more content for your viewing pleasure, I will consider starting a thread to promote the channel more and we'll take requests from viewers for future content.

enjoy~

Offline Chun (中)

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 14
  • Aozaki: Miss=Blue
    • View Profile
    • Plain Rice is Delicious
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2009, 02:25:34 AM »
It looks like it's time to re-enroll into the Mages-Association.

I've been on leave working with a hot doctor (aka Litchi from BB).

Miss me? Hahaha~

~Chun
Melty Blood
Main: Aoko
Secondary: Kohaku
How about those orbs? BlazBlue: Litchi Arcana Heart: Kamui (Bha/Pa), Mei-Fang (LaGo) CvS2: K- Mai, Morrigan, Nakoruru (2)

Offline magz

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 18
  • An Genuflecting Hero
    • View Profile
    • FrozenHeat
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2009, 05:38:59 AM »
Sugoi aniki.
"Accent Core is perfection. It's like the concept of freedom captured into a videogame."

Offline AkiraTheMastodon

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 19
  • 暁を映して。
    • View Profile
    • My u2b.
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2009, 06:12:29 AM »
Aniki vs Kazuya
GachiMuchi
Name courtesy of LoliSauce.
俺のパーフェクトさんすう教室。
答えは答えはゼロ人ゼロ人
なぜならなぜならそれは。。。 幻想郷にバス無い!

Offline AARP|ZTB

• Knight Magus
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2009, 04:26:36 AM »
It looks like it's time to re-enroll into the Mages-Association.

I've been on leave working with a hot doctor (aka Litchi from BB).

Miss me? Hahaha~

~Chun
oh, wtf. I didn't even see this post (not to mention the two following it). This was from about a wk ago so...where you at, Chun?

*Anyhow, mizuumi crashed or something while I was 'away' for the wknd(?). It's back up now though.

(Also, wth are those last two posts about anyway...ANIME!)