When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: F-Archetype 姫様!やりたい!  (Read 39473 times)

Offline Komidol

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 57
  • わが名は征服王コミドール!、この大会のたびにおいては、フル琥珀のクラスを得てげんかいした!
    • View Profile
    • The Kingdom of Biscotti
F-Archetype 姫様!やりたい!
« on: October 13, 2011, 04:51:56 AM »
22D - Engage flight, cancelled by normal attacks + directionals and jumps.  Pushes her up a little bit on activation, moving 4 or 6 both sends you downwards with respect to your opponent.  You cannot block. 
214 Series - Archetype-style rush in hits.  Teleport cancelable on block. 
236 Series - Ground blasters, used for launching.  Very good recovery.
623 Series - Standard Strong DP
22 Series - Twinkle Star Sprites
j. 236 Series - Light Pillars, otg relaunches for v1.05 C-Seifuku style corner carry.
j.6B - Air to ground lance, chargeable. 

Week 1 First Impressions:

I believe her ground loop is similar to that of F-Wara's, and because of her flight would make a good character for anyone who uses him.  Light pillars can be used to combo in corner and follow up with j.6B and j.C (Charged) for a lot of damage.   

I think that what's interesting about this character (and the recent PCL, actually) is that there's a little more to their combos and attack strategy than blhablahalblah launcher jbc jbc airthrow for optimum damage.  Very cool character, everyone over in JP is excited to play her.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2011, 12:53:30 PM by Komidol »
GenericSuperHero: komidol's not a nerd, he's a visionary
AnFox: H-mech IS a character.
Exciel: It's 2011, use whoever the hell you want already. Fuck haters and relish the salty tears that drip from their skulls as you stand victorious.

Offline Komidol

• Magus
    • View Profile
Re: F-Archetype 姫様!やりたい!
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2011, 06:15:10 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7hZu0Yaey0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K44A4HX6y4M

Day 1 Leo, demonstrates F-Archetype's BNB.  Nice damage, pretty far carry.  She has a nice legitimate DP, EX that creates nice Oki opportunities, and almost no recovery on her F-VSion style tornado attacks.  She has nice fast normals, and vertical lasers a'la H-PCL.  Oh and she can fly.

It's Melty Baby.   
Exciel: It's 2011, use whoever the hell you want already. Fuck haters and relish the salty tears that drip from their skulls as you stand victorious.

Offline LivingShadow

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 55
  • Sanity is overrated
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2011, 10:25:56 AM »
Woooow. That is scary. How safe are those normals anyway?

And that charged j.b.

Man, her pressure is going to be downright nightmarish.

Offline Tonberry

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 53
  • $NJ$
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2011, 11:44:46 AM »
Gdlkkkkkk.

Thanks for the footage Komidol. 
[01:08] <Komidol> that marisa cosplayer that took my registration was sexy
[15:24] <Rokunaya> i've actually reached the point where some voice actors sound familiar in animes
[22:40] <bellreisa> i'm an insane murderer who is overwhelmed by nihilism but that's ok cause i'm in love

Offline 7thfonon

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2011, 01:56:19 PM »
Looking forward to the movelist writeup. Arc Earth looks really fun.

Offline TrueGunnerShadow

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 8
  • Ya don't know about that TK EX Bite with C-Satsuki
    • View Profile
    • TrueGunnerShadow's Twitter
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2011, 05:32:38 PM »
If only I can get my hands on it. :(
Nice video.
Can't wait for the movelist as well.
http://www.youtube.com/xTrueGunnerShadow
Under Night In-Birth: Linne and Yuzuriha
Melty Blood: C-Satsuki
Twitter @TruGunnerShadow (http://www.twitter.com/TruGunnerShadow)

Offline BurstOfAnger

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 13
  • Vatista's chest is 1 inch larger than Linne's
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2011, 09:09:33 PM »
It seems that when she floats around during Max mode, it doesn't directly drain her Max meter, but when Max ends, it's deducted from the 100% that she's supposed to have after Max, meaning that she has less than 100% meter after Max.
Immortalize! 1st Clause! DIVIDE!

Waldstein is pronounced wa-REN-shu-tain. French Bread trollin'.

Offline Crescent Saber

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Arcana Miesta
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2011, 01:15:39 PM »
She looks like so much fun. I just got finished watching the vids posted on the home page and wow. Great stuff.

Offline F9|Chibi

• Strongest Idiot
  • Magic Circuits: 136
  • portrait of eternal joy
    • View Profile
    • Pishi~
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2011, 01:30:53 PM »
Her normals and all that look amazing but the whole floating off of the top of the screen thing is like retardedly bad game design. It took glitches in MvC2 to reproduce that, and one character in particular to dominate 96% of the cast who could dominate doing it. Being able to replicate that in this game just irks me the wrong way, regardless of whether or not it takes meter for her to float that way or being able to do it for a very small amount of time.
~*Hai! Back to Japan!

pishi.wordpress.com - Updated once a week~

Offline LivingShadow

• Magus
  • Sanity is overrated
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2011, 02:05:43 PM »
Her normals and all that look amazing but the whole floating off of the top of the screen thing is like retardedly bad game design. It took glitches in MvC2 to reproduce that, and one character in particular to dominate 96% of the cast who could dominate doing it. Being able to replicate that in this game just irks me the wrong way, regardless of whether or not it takes meter for her to float that way or being able to do it for a very small amount of time.

F-VAkiha can do that too, although for much less time.

Offline F9|Chibi

• Strongest Idiot
    • View Profile
    • Pishi~
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2011, 02:50:52 PM »

F-VAkiha can do that too, although for much less time.

Yeah, that didn't sit well with me either, but it wasn't entirely abused like I thought it would be.

:nyoro:
~*Hai! Back to Japan!

Offline LivingShadow

• Magus
  • Sanity is overrated
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2011, 03:02:12 PM »
People seem to have stopped doing it recently anyway. I guess the gimmickiness wore off.

Offline F9|Chibi

• Strongest Idiot
    • View Profile
    • Pishi~
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2011, 04:43:42 PM »
For the record I'm refering to this character (in all moons) as Podok.

That is all~
~*Hai! Back to Japan!

Offline Shiki

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 12
  • Happy Birthday.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2011, 05:34:30 PM »
For the record I'm playing this character (in all moons) since she flies around like Modok.

That is all~

Fix'd

Offline Crescent Saber

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Arcana Miesta
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2011, 04:47:08 AM »

I'm kinda worried about that actually. That is the ONE thing that makes me think she is going to end up as a really strong character. Perhaps a bit too strong...

Offline Exciel

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 38
  • 工エエェェ(´д`)ェェエエ工工
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2011, 02:03:33 PM »
flying is smalltime. the nekos can dig underground, too imba

Offline Crescent Saber

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Arcana Miesta
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2011, 06:17:22 AM »
Yeah I forgot about that. Also from the looks of her she can do some nice combos and exert pressure well with flight cancelling. Or at least that's how it looks to me.

But I love her.

Offline Bill307

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2011, 12:16:56 AM »
As it turns out, when she's in flight mode, her air normals have much less reach below her:  j.B goes right through the opponent's head and j.C goes through part of their body as well.  You practically have to land to hit them with an air normal (or cancel flight mode).

Also, she can do normals and specials repeatedly in flight mode, however pressing a direction and A/B/C at the same time causes her to leave flight mode and fall while executing the normal.

Flight mode is time-limited, as well.  I'd say it lasts less than 10 real-time seconds.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2011, 12:22:16 AM by Bill307 »

Offline LivingShadow

• Magus
  • Sanity is overrated
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2011, 10:49:19 AM »
After seeing a few more vids, I think Archetype has a bad matchup against Ciel. Her air movement is way to slow to get around the black keys if she starts from the ground and Ex Hiero punishes lightpillars easily.

Offline F9|Chibi

• Strongest Idiot
    • View Profile
    • Pishi~
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2011, 11:42:43 AM »
As it turns out, when she's in flight mode, her air normals have much less reach below her:  j.B goes right through the opponent's head and j.C goes through part of their body as well.  You practically have to land to hit them with an air normal (or cancel flight mode).

Also, she can do normals and specials repeatedly in flight mode, however pressing a direction and A/B/C at the same time causes her to leave flight mode and fall while executing the normal.

Flight mode is time-limited, as well.  I'd say it lasts less than 10 real-time seconds.

Yeah, it looks like they wised up and gimped the shit out of this character. How many specials does she actually have?
~*Hai! Back to Japan!

Offline Komidol

• Magus
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2011, 12:49:33 PM »
Yeah, it looks like they wised up and gimped the shit out of this character. How many specials does she actually have?

Die in a fire.  Having a balanced flight mode is miles away from 'gimping the shit out of the character'.  If you mean she can't just fly wherever in whatever direction and spam attacks, so you could look at her tits rather than play the game -  like you wanted to play her - than maybe.

Also if you looked in the first post, you would know how many specials she had  :teach:
« Last Edit: October 23, 2011, 12:56:12 PM by Komidol »

Offline F9|Chibi

• Strongest Idiot
    • View Profile
    • Pishi~
« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2011, 06:58:47 AM »

Die in a fire.  Having a balanced flight mode is miles away from 'gimping the shit out of the character'.  If you mean she can't just fly wherever in whatever direction and spam attacks, so you could look at her tits rather than play the game -  like you wanted to play her - than maybe.

Also if you looked in the first post, you would know how many specials she had  :teach:

What the fuck do you think gimped means you idiot?

Before anyone got to touch this game she looked kinda broken, but now she doesn't because they did gimp her. That's not a complaint, it's a statement.

Also how are you going to tell me to look at the first post when you just edited today?
~*Hai! Back to Japan!

Offline Crescent Saber

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Arcana Miesta
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2011, 07:31:46 AM »

Gotta agree here. Even though they balanced the flight mode out she still looks like a pretty strong character. She's FAR from gimped.

Offline F9|Chibi

• Strongest Idiot
    • View Profile
    • Pishi~
« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2011, 07:39:59 AM »
You guys are completely missing my point, but whatever.
~*Hai! Back to Japan!

Offline Komidol

• Magus
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2011, 08:24:19 AM »
Also how are you going to tell me to look at the first post when you just edited today?

I was just messin with ya', anyway, I edit it like everyday, the specials were up there since last week though.

She's not gimped because she is still potentially broken, the flight isn't the only thing that could of "broken" the character.  General opinion on JP-side is that it's still too early to tell, however, I will say her 2C is way too good.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2011, 08:41:24 AM by Komidol »