When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: F-Arc 1.07  (Read 8899 times)

Offline WYVERN LORD

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 59
  • dakishimetainoni
    • View Profile
F-Arc 1.07
« on: December 30, 2011, 09:07:19 AM »
Farc seems mostly unchanged. One really nice change, 22B can now be IH'd, on hit and during its startup. Also the IH window during startup seems more lenient than 22A's. Implications of this should be obvious

Looks like best combo following air CH is 5B 2C 236A 623A 5A 2C 236B 5B 623B jC jBC AT. Combo is ass hard, there was a similar one in ps2, not quite as ass hard as this, but I have a feeling this might have been possible then as well. Looks awesome though and feels great when it hits. The initial 5B has to be delayed to the last possible moment in order for it to work

this is all wrong:
jA fuzzy is still viable in this version, just not as deadly. Thanks to OTG relaunch there is now an easy midscreen combo after fuzzy or midscreen 6C:

[jA j2B]/6C 623A 214B~B air combo. Does like 2k after jA, didn't test with 6C but I assume it's significantly more.

Could also OTG 236C into air combo midscreen for 3kish but unless you're in max or going for kill I don't think it's worth burning meter. Probably could use 214B~C for corner carry too, didn't try that

In the corner if you want to burn meter you can get 4K pretty easily after fuzzy, instead of following up j2B with 623A followup with 623C 2C 236B .... Worked in the last game too but now we really have to fight to squeeze damage out of that situation
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 07:15:26 AM by WYVERN LORD »
a maiden's pure heart is a budding flower

Offline WYVERN LORD

• Spellcaster
  • dakishimetainoni
    • View Profile
Re: F-Arc 1.07
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2012, 06:50:56 PM »
hello fellow farcfaces

I saw mai waifu's entry empty on the wiki and decided that this was not cool. I did writeups on her normal moves and started (not posted yet) an overview of her pressure and some different strings/what they do, will get to combos and special moves next week but I am pretty mediocre and stupid so anyone with their own ideas/comments should post up, add new shit

I know there are people out there playing this bitch

...right?
« Last Edit: January 26, 2012, 06:56:32 PM by WYVERN LORD »

Offline fiendmaw

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 38
  • Dozo~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2012, 03:10:04 PM »
Shinobi was right.
Best Nanaya in YouTube.

Offline WYVERN LORD

• Spellcaster
  • dakishimetainoni
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2012, 07:14:57 AM »
Shinobi was right.
I was about to get hype for a useful post

lol what was I thinking

I have google docs file with a bunch of unformatted wiki shit, all the specials, most midscreen combos, I'll try to get it up sometime in the next two weeks

Also all the shit I posted in the first post about fuzzy damage is wrong, people have been saying there's a special rising proration and I messed around with this and it's both true and pretty ass. rising jA j2B 623C 2C 236B air combo does like 2.2k max on akiha

seems like the best damage after fuzzy is rising jA j2B 623A~6A 2C 236B 623A 5A 2C 236B air combo, this does around 2.7 on akiha, pretty solid for requiring no meter
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 09:56:26 AM by WYVERN LORD »

Offline kikimaru024

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2012, 02:11:31 PM »
I'm still starting off, still not sure about character/moon choices.

Started off trying C-Ciel but I love Arc's look more.

Uhh... is she good?

Offline WYVERN LORD

• Spellcaster
  • dakishimetainoni
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2012, 06:12:30 PM »
I'm still starting off, still not sure about character/moon choices.

Started off trying C-Ciel but I love Arc's look more.

Uhh... is she good?
All the Arcs are very strong, I assume you're asking about Full in particular though. Her damage output is very good and she can capitalize off most random hits, I think she is overall stronger in this respect than crescent Ciel, probably slightly less than the other two Arc moons in this version though. Her neutral game is pretty strong, she has multiple options to cover ground approaches (236 wave series, 5B, 2B, 2C), most of her good anti-air options require a pretty high degree of commitment, however.

Her pressure is fun to do and pretty easy, 236A and B are advantageous on block so you can use them to reset pressure and to catch mashing, 5A is very plus so you can use it in tick throw/6C overhead setups. You can pressure from all up in their grill or from an arm's length away, where most characters won't be able to mash out of stuff like 5B 5B strings. She's fun and pretty rewarding, but to get the most out of her damage you will need to do some training mode grinding (I think this is the case across the board for Arc though)

Offline kikimaru024

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2012, 07:01:32 PM »
Okay, might as well start somewhere!

Only things I've found so far are 6C 22B for 2.9k (does that even count as hitconfirm?), and the standard (?) [whatever xx] 2C 3C jBC jBC AT.

I've noticed that 214 BC seems to "chase" if I hold 6/9, but all I seem to get after it is jC jBC 2C.
Am I missing something here, or is this what I want?

Offline Sashi

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 9
  • Scene Killer~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2012, 04:00:41 AM »
Well, most of Farc's combos are links, not cancels like most of the cast. Stuff like 5B2B2C3C236A623Bj.Cj.BC airthrow. Damage and meter gain are really solid, but they take a lot more effort than most of the cast. And when you get an air counter hit on someone, you really bring on the pain. But it's still hard.

Have a look at this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAMbQk6KFuU
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 04:03:52 AM by Sashi »
Clmelty: Rokumoe!

Offline WYVERN LORD

• Spellcaster
  • dakishimetainoni
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2012, 05:43:15 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNtG9iVfuHw
this is pretty much the full arc bible, it's from the previous version of the game so damage values may be a little higher and some of the combos may not be applicable to the newer game but for the most part it's still very good

some problems with the other video linked in  here, for some reason the player leaves out 5B in the ground string, which adds a couple hundred extra damage and meter and does not increase the difficulty at all, it's kinda useful as a starting point but for reference it's not great
 i.e. that video has
2A2B2C 236A 5B 623B j.C JC j.B j.C AT = 4206 at 59.4% meter gain

but if we just add 5B and the initial j.B

2A 5B 2B 2C 236A 5B 623B j.B j.C JC j.B j.C AT = 4710 and 71% meter on the same character

this a pretty significant difference for very little extra work (though on some characters it's much easier to leave out the initial j.B)

also not featured are the very easy corner carry combos, which trade off Arc's very nice damage for decent corner carry.

The easiest universal one is
2A 5B 2B 2C 214B~C [command airdash] j.B j.C JC j.B j.C AT/j.2C
Comparatively low damage, but it will carry the opponent to the corner from most of the screen. To activate the command airdash just hit C after the 214B~C followup, Arc will take to the skies after the airborne opponent. (I don't know a right way to put the command airdash into notation, anyone have suggestions)?

Not universal combo is
2A 5B 2B 2C 236A 623A OTG 214B~C [command airdash] j.B j.C JC j.B j.C AT/j.2C
Slightly higher damage (though still below most of her other combos) and slightly better corner carry and meter gain. The 2144B~C OTG will not work/is stupidly hard on Sion, Akiha, S.Akiha, Len, White Len, Ryougi, and Nanaya.

you can also do this same combo after a connected j.2B (j.2B 623A OTG whatever)
on opponents who you can do 214B~C OTG on you could always do
j.2B/6C 623A OTG 214B~B JC j.B j.C AT
this does shite damage but it's the best way I know of to combo the above charas midscreen without meter, although OTG 236C is very good and should be used whenever possible imo

easy midscreen max mode combo, it's very easy and looks cool/does damage
2A 5B 2B 2C 236A 623A IH 2C 236B 623B j.B j.C JC  j.A j.B j.C AT/j.2C

I'd like to post some 623A 5A link corner loop combos right now but they're pretty character specific and I'm trying to work out the best sequences and enders but if you're just starting you probably don't need them

One last point for new Farc players, counter hit is super fun in this game, if you CH a grounded opponent with 236B or 236A from max-ish range you can just dash in and 5B jump cancel aircombo them, it's even possible to dash in and hit them with 5B 2C 236B 623B aircombo  from max range, you just need to be very close when the initial 5B hits. This is big, easy damage, don't forget to practice these!

Offline kikimaru024

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2012, 02:25:44 AM »
College work... or combo training...
choice so hard  :nyoro:

Offline kikimaru024

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2012, 01:21:42 AM »
Right, so now I'm kiiinda getting some of the combos down (still sticking to the simplest BnBs online), but I'm now running into the other problem -- pressure!

I have NO idea what I should be doing after an AT knockdown, and my "pressure" ends up getting smacked down  :-[

Offline lain102300

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2012, 12:59:50 PM »
After an airthrow in the corner, walk back a bit and then do meaty 236b power wave. This should stuff most reversals and mashing and let you get nasty damage from the counter hit.

As far as maintaining pressure, F-arc 5a is plus on block I believe. You can do some pretty nasty tic throw setups with it or just blow up pokes with 5a stagger into 5b.

Generally though, F-arc excels at maintaining spacing more than maintaining pressure. You can keep a good deal of the cast pinned in the corner just by doing 236a power wave at max distance. This shuts down attempts to dash in and/or IAD out. If they try to jump out of the corner, neutral jump rising j.c works really well to beat out any air pokes, or you can take a few steps back and try to catch them with 236b power wave as they fall. Once they respect your spacing, you can open them up with overhead.

I would concentrate mainly on keeping them at power wave distance. F-Arc's profile almost disappears when you do 236b power wave, so if they IAD at you, don't be scared to power wave through it. At worst, you will get a favorable counter-hit trade which with F-Arc leads to massive damage. Likewise, neutral jump j.c will plow through a lot of the cast's air-to-air options.

F-Arc is a counterhit monster and I feel a lot of her gameplay focuses on getting the CH off power wave and j.c. She's not the best rushdown character but she makes it hurt (4k +) for anything you do wrong. I would focus on your spacing and let your opponent kill themselves trying to close that distance.

Offline WYVERN LORD

• Spellcaster
  • dakishimetainoni
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2012, 05:27:55 PM »
After an airthrow in the corner, walk back a bit and then do meaty 236b power wave. This should stuff most reversals and mashing and let you get nasty damage from the counter hit.
damn dude I want to play the version you've got
I'm 99% sure it's impossible to get a meaty 236A or B after airthrow, even in the corner. Airthrow ender gives Arc very little advantage, I'm pretty sure walking backward even a step will allow most characters to mash back into advantage. Startup on both pink fires is too significant. Most consistent meaty after an airthrow ender is 5A/2A. Now if your opponent is scared witless,  pink fire is fine after an airthrow. It most definitely is not meaty however.

As far as maintaining pressure, F-arc 5a is plus on block I believe. You can do some pretty nasty tic throw setups with it or just blow up pokes with 5a stagger into 5b.
Yeah 5A is about 3 frames advantage or something. Good for staggers, tick throw, even stuff like 5A 236A. 23A/B are both very good for resetting pressure. There's no pushback, the CH risk is high for the opponent, and if you space and time it properly you can get a nigh airtight 2A after wave to continue pressuring, go into 5B to tag jumpouts, the possibilities are pretty fun. Her pressure is very straightforward but stronger than most people give her credit for. You just gotta do some random shit to hit people sometimes, like 2A walk forward 6C, ground throw down and then whiff j2B into throw again, point blank j.2Bs...

Some stuff you should be playing around with are 5B 5B frame traps, using 3C in strings to get block damage, cancelling into 623A to catch mashing. Just try doing different things, even stuff that seems weird.

I would concentrate mainly on keeping them at power wave distance. F-Arc's profile almost disappears when you do 236b power wave, so if they IAD at you, don't be scared to power wave through it. At worst, you will get a favorable counter-hit trade which with F-Arc leads to massive damage.
Spamming 236B will take you far against weaker players but for decent players with strong hearts it's quite possible to space a jump over it and smack Arc in the face for a full combo. The hitbox doesn't extend particularly high, that's why it's very good to mix 236A in neutral as that will stop most of the aerial approaches that stuff 236B.

F-Arc is a counterhit monster and I feel a lot of her gameplay focuses on getting the CH off power wave and j.c. She's not the best rushdown character but she makes it hurt (4k +) for anything you do wrong. I would focus on your spacing and let your opponent kill themselves trying to close that distance.
Yeah good advice, always confirm off CH's and don't be afraid to play primarily in neutral. I used to get really mad because Arc’s airthrow is really bad; midscreen literally the only thing you can go for is 623A meaty but that isn’t a great way to keep your opponent sweating in that situation and backdash is a free out for the opponent. But it really isn’t a huge deal, though, as it resets the game to neutral, which more often than not is in Arc's advantage.

Anyway if you want enders that don't suck in the corner 623A, 22B, and j2C. j.2C is supposed to set up the post combo tech-punish game: if your opponent neutral or back techs, you can j.2B into a wallslam combo, if they forward tech, you're supposed to whiff an air normal and punish with 5A but the timing and spacing are super-tight. 623A knockdown is the strongest she has, gives you plenty of time to meaty j.C into fuzzy/low. You sacrifice a lot of damage for the ender but you might find the knockdown worth it in some situations. Combo into 623A that should work on most characters:

2A 2A 5B 2B 2C 236A 623A (delay) 6A 2C 236B 623A 5A 2C 236B 623A
It's not too bad, I think it's easier than the old loop

Offline lain102300

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2012, 06:14:48 PM »
I'm 99% sure it's impossible to get a meaty 236A or B after airthrow, even in the corner. Airthrow ender gives Arc very little advantage, I'm pretty sure walking backward even a step will allow most characters to mash back into advantage. Startup on both pink fires is too significant. Most consistent meaty after an airthrow ender is 5A/2A. Now if your opponent is scared witless,  pink fire is fine after an airthrow. It most definitely is not meaty however.

You're right. I'm probably thinking the j.2c ender when I don't tech.