When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: A few ps2 questions  (Read 1713 times)

Offline Iduno

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: -3
  • Trying to main C W.Len
    • View Profile
A few ps2 questions
« on: August 20, 2009, 01:54:43 AM »
Well I've been thinking about picking up a 2nd hand ps2 to play MBAA if my dads laptop isn't good enough to run the emulator (my pc's graphics card is buggered) but just have a few questions.

I've never seen a swap magic in england so would a chip get rid of region locking?
Is there any way to get a madcatz SE stick to work on the ps2 or would I have to buy/make a new one.
If it needs a new one is the pad farily easy to hack and if so are there any guides to itout there? (still got the stick and buttons from modding my madcatz)

Thanks for any answers.

Edit: Never mind emulator works fine with just a few sprite lines, definately playable until pc version comes out.  :bleh:
« Last Edit: August 20, 2009, 02:46:12 AM by Iduno »
My Blazblue match videos http://www.youtube.com/profile?edit=1#play/all

SvB entrys are now open for online registration!

Offline sumbody

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 2
    • View Profile
Re: A few ps2 questions
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2009, 12:48:17 PM »
Well for the stick you have to dual mod it if you want it working on a PS2. Just for your info, there's a few frames of input lag with the emulator, but if you don't mind that then its ok.

You mentioned UK. Head down to #meltyblood.eu on irc.akiha.nl for the EU scene and you can hook up with the scene. There are a few UK players there so a gathering will definitely be possible if arranged.

Offline Iduno

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: -3
  • Trying to main C W.Len
    • View Profile
Re: A few ps2 questions
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2009, 01:28:33 PM »
Ah thanks, kind of forgot I posted this thread lol, had the IRC reccomended to me before but I couldn't find it useing mibbit, going to worry about all the finding a scene stuff after landing a job anyway, no point finding a scene if I've got no money for traveling and stuff.
My Blazblue match videos http://www.youtube.com/profile?edit=1#play/all

SvB entrys are now open for online registration!