When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: Actress Again question......  (Read 2221 times)

Offline Masu

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 3
    • View Profile
Actress Again question......
« on: October 11, 2008, 06:25:02 AM »
Im not sure if this is the right board for it but its tech support.......well I have a friend who actually wants to drop the cash for a Sega Naomi and AA. What all would he need to buy and where can he buy it? (He isnt registered here although i keep telling him to)

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Magic Circuits: 120
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
Re: Actress Again question......
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2008, 04:36:07 PM »
You should prolly talk with Spooky, since he's raising money for that as well.
<LoliSauce>   Yeah, so I live right in between an elementary school and a middle school about a block on each side of me
<Zar>      God loves you, Lolisauce
---
<Mauve>      [The Touhou fandom] are like the moe character equivalent of furries.

Offline ehrik

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 144
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2008, 06:11:32 AM »
Is your friend prepared to spend $1500~ish?

<Graven> When you are Ciel, don't try to win, don't even try to do anything. The more you do, the stupider and bigger faggot you become because you're using Ciel.
<WyvernLord> roku is faking his disappearance so melty bread can come out and try to convince him of his value to the community

Offline Maho

• Apprentice
  • Magic Circuits: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2008, 07:17:18 AM »
It's more like $2500~ish for the game only actually.

So what you'll need is of course a Naomi board and the MBAA ROM, but you'll might need some extra stuff depending on what you're gonna play on.

- 1st possibility, you have a JVS cab and you're good to go.

- 2nd possibility, you have a jamma cab, you'll need a jvs to jamma converter, in this case I'll recommend a sega v2 or a capcom one (the second will need a little extra work with the kick harness to connect buttons 4 and 5).

- last possibility, you want to play on TV via supergun, you can save some bucks by using a sega v1 jvs to jamma converter, you can get the power needed for the naomi from your supergun with a little work, i find this setup to be the more convenient (less cables) outside of a cabinet, that's what i use actually when i'm not at home on my cab. Here's a tutorial on how to connect it to a naomi, it's in french but you can get what to do from the pictures i think (i can help if that's a problem), just do the same from the supergun power supply.

Now where to get the game, I'll say fujita communications ( http://www.fujitacommunications.com ) or riverservice ( http://www.rs2006.co.jp/index_e.html ), actually i was thinking of getting AA from riverservice but well the euro nosedive is making me thinking twice about it  :-\

Offline Masu

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2008, 06:22:42 AM »
Ah okay thanks for that. I'll show this to him since he still refuses to just make a damn account here.