When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: Launch without config window  (Read 1439 times)

Offline TheNewGuy

• Apprentice
  • Magic Circuits: 0
    • View Profile
Launch without config window
« on: June 14, 2009, 07:14:35 PM »
Hey guys, I'm building a mame cabinet and I want to put react and act cadenza on there. Is there a way to run the game without loading that config window at the beginning? I found another thread on this topic here, but I wasn't able to use their solution. I couldn't find the hex values they said to modify in the exe file. Does anyone know a way to do it that doesn't involve me trying to change hex values in my exe file? Or does anyone have an already hacked file they could upload for me? Thanks in advance for your help. You would think there would be lots of people with this problem......

Offline Slack One

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Launch without config window
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2009, 05:50:02 AM »
I just tried mauve's solution, and it worked fine for me.  However, my hex editor didn't require the leading "0x" in the hex values.  So if you're having trouble finding the proper values, try searching for "4cad4" instead of "0x4cad4".  Then it's just a question of changing a bunch of hex values to 90 :)

Offline TheNewGuy

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2009, 08:23:28 PM »
A response! Wow!

I had problems with Muave's fix. First off, my hex value in 0x4cad4 wasn't 0x68. Second, do I need to replace all bytes from 0x0000 to 0x4cae3 with 0x90, or just between 0x4cad4 and 0x4cae3? Does this fix work for the english patched exe, or just the original? Does it work for ReAct? I seriously hope they make configuration an internal option in Actress Again.

Offline Slack One

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2009, 07:14:28 AM »
I don't have ReAct to try it with, but it did work with the English patch for MBAC.

Just replace 0x4CAD4 to 0x4cae3 with 0x90, no other values.  What did your 4cad4 value show up as?  "h"?  If so, your hex editor is showing you the ASCII version of 0x68.

Offline TheNewGuy

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2009, 01:49:35 PM »
I don't know what happened the first time, but I just tried it and it worked like a charm for Act Cadenza. It didn't work for React though. Does anyone know what hex values need to change for React? Or does anyone know how to contact someone who does?