When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: Computer to HDMI how to full screen  (Read 2406 times)

Offline Kix

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 19
  • Slayer and Galneryus
    • View Profile
Computer to HDMI how to full screen
« on: November 07, 2008, 08:10:17 PM »
So we connected a computer with an HDMI cord into my HD TV and can't get anything full screened (games that is). Just a box with a gigantic black border. This is in Vista by the way.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2008, 08:12:42 PM by Kix »
"This port is going to be outdated faster than you can say "Dance Romanesque and unfinished Romancia" -Dizzynecro

Offline Hier

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 6
  • Blade Ninja Skills!
    • View Profile
Re: Computer to HDMI how to full screen
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2008, 09:09:53 PM »
We will never figure this out...
Wants to order the Limited Edition of MBAA...

Offline scottind

• Melty Waffle
  • Magic Circuits: 45
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2008, 09:56:36 PM »
without knowing what your video card is, we dont know what kind of video signal it is. But besides that, it's probably your video card drivers, or the HDTV itself, i know certain sony bravias have trouble doing fullscreen pc games.

but i hope you know you should plug in the HDMI plugs before turning on the PC, right? It's technically hot-swappable, but don't do it.

Offline Sh1k1

• Vigilant Blue
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 43
  • 「これが… モノを殺すと言うことだ…!」
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2008, 03:59:37 PM »
If your card is an ATI, certain ATI videocards have settings to display stuff in different ways when you run them fullscreen. In the ATI Catalyst control panel, there should be an option to configure this. The three options are Stretch (covers the entire screen), Original Size (actual size box on the screen) and Maintain Aspect Ratio (stretched box with black bars on top/bottom or either side, depending on the stretched size of the original window). You might want to give your card's control panel a look for something similar.
FGO Friend Code: 221252074

Offline scottind

• Melty Waffle
  • Magic Circuits: 45
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2008, 03:53:20 PM »
that only works when its s-video or some other analog input. if its HDMI, the TV can control whats wide, or native prior to whatever zoom settings you put on it. The video drivers have something to do with it too, yes its annoying.

Offline Hier

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 6
  • Blade Ninja Skills!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2008, 04:30:13 PM »
Hmm, I forgot about my video card settings (Which is an ATI Cat). But were sure his TV, for w/e reason, will not zoom with HDMI hooked up. I'll look a little more into it, and try turning the tv off before plugging in =3

~Thanks
Wants to order the Limited Edition of MBAA...