hentai
When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: good drive cloner software  (Read 1335 times)

Offline noradseven

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 10
  • quick doctor what is the patients status?
    • View Profile
good drive cloner software
« on: August 07, 2008, 10:58:13 PM »
okay guys, this is the story, so my cat knocked off my external drive while running onto the floor and its all beepity boopity (in the bad way) now, going to try the freezer trick to restore the data but the important stuff is on DvDs so while it would be cool to get some of the other stuff back its not like super important.  So instead of using external drives for like the millionth time for everything do to my shitty 120GB=111Gb(after corrections for rounding)=98GB (after installing windows and mac OSX), im going to upgrade my internal harddrive on my lappy already found a good one.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822145227
before you ask no I can't run sata-2 yes I know that you can use jumpers, and I choose this one cause it was the best space for value if you guys know a better drive / place to get one please inform me.

But you guys know good reliable programs for copying drives over, cause my compy has so many special small crap and mods on it especially on the mac side I really really REALLY don't feel like spending hours doing again, my windows side would be a bit of a pain too, but I have gotten real good at configing it cause I blow it up like every 2 months, though something stupid (still no viruses, totally lost on how this hasn't happened considering I have like minimal virus protection and a firewall, my routers not windows whinny thing.)

I don't even care If I have to repartition stuff afterwords because of the larger size, cause I have lots of experience with repartitioning, and the electricity going off while repartitioning, stupid squirrel and no I don't feel sorry you died from the shock, grrrr *shakes fist.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2008, 11:17:57 PM by noradseven »