hentai
When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: jumping up and left  (Read 2452 times)

Offline noradseven

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 10
  • quick doctor what is the patients status?
    • View Profile
jumping up and left
« on: July 09, 2008, 08:01:24 PM »
okay so I modded my wii stick to work with everything like PS2 and compy, and it works great with everything Guilty gear, touhou 10.5, dcemu, stuff like that but it doesn't work on melty I just keep jumping up and left ,wtf, no idea whats going on.

Yes I restarted my compy, yes I tried unplugging it and putting it back in.  Melty worked fine with just the PS2 controller plugged in what could be wrong.

edit:okay my computer is reading no input from the stick, when in neutral position, but melty sees up and left, and ONLY melty wtf, it works without a controller.

edit #2 it works on MB caster if I tell it to only read keyboard input and use Xpadder to convert from stick to keyboard.

edit #3: Found the problem, using the real converter forces analog to be on, and my analog buttons despite the fact that I pulled them off apparently keep moving up and left :(, my other games are configed not to use analog but I can do so with melty, Ill try to fix it tonight or tomorrow, but Im just happy it works with everything else right now :D.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2008, 06:36:45 AM by noradseven »

Offline Twinniss

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 4
    • View Profile
Re: jumping up and left
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2008, 07:56:23 PM »
since you pulled them out your gonna have to add resistors

you can use toodles instructable here to help you

http://www.instructables.com/id/SUFL7JAFH9HU5T5/

just in case you don't understand that(kinda hard not to), basically the thumbsticks themselves are kinda like resistors, thats how they determine the direction. With 0 resistence on the x-axis and 0 resistence on the y-axis, its gonna move left and up.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2008, 07:59:59 PM by Twinniss »
Words of a wise man
[20:13] <@bellreisa> with practice mode you can turn 10% into 100%

http://www.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=232643&p=8761841&viewfull=1#post8761841 "For Instance, Cammy's strong kick(crouch) is two frames, because it takes almost 2 seconds to do"

Offline noradseven

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 10
  • quick doctor what is the patients status?
    • View Profile
Re: jumping up and left
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2008, 07:45:01 PM »
I assumed this was highly probable thx for showing me where to put them, w00t, I can fix it now, yay,

don't worry I am literate with technobabble, I just wasn't really sure exactly how the analog controller worked but this explained it.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2008, 07:47:38 PM by noradseven »