When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Misaki Town Bakery > Ciel's Tech Support

Keyboard on PS2, Mad Scientist style?

(1/10) > >>

Funky-kun:
How do you do this mad science?

Adapter?

Or soldering/desoldering with an actual PS2 controller?

Does anyone have info on Mad Scientist? Forum profile or email?

This is vastly relevant to my interests, I recently got a beginners stick, and while I do well in SF4, playing MBAA on it is beyond my abilities.  :-\

LivingShadow:
He let me borrow it for a couple matches.

It seems to have the keys set up to a pressure sensor that he wired through the circuit-board of a PS2 controller (buttons were removed and taped over with electrical tape.)

Komidol:
If you want something a little more badass looking, I might take a request for a Keystick.  

It doesn't have the same close feel as an actual keyboard, but it's pretty usable.  No messy configuration either.

I know I posted this before somewhere, but here is the picture:

This box came out pretty bad but I'd make you a far better looking one (this was a gift so I wasn't going to make anything professional looking, though money would certainly motivate me otherwise).  The art I think was fine though.  The ironic part is the start and select button are sanwa's (The Japanese standard for Arcade-stick high quality buttons).

The keys I use are mechanical, so it's pretty highquality.  Way better than your plastic sensors in most keyboards.  

That being said, I highly recommend you just learn stick.  Very few people these days (except maybe Chibi) "learned stick" just because they played in arcade.  They made the choice to set back their execution for a couple months to learn it, and it wasn't easy to start.  But if you really want it I can be paid to do it because I'm lacking money these days.  PM me if that's the case. What's also been done is people like "arcade buttons" but not the stick itself.  So they just get all arcade buttons, including a PC-Style setup 4 arcade buttons (generally sanwa).  Just so it's organized/looks like a keyboard, but are big arcade buttons.  I can do that as well, if it sounds more appealing.  If both you and Shadow want one, it'd definitely be easier me to bulk order parts.  I could also do different layouts, if you would prefer that as well.

The standard would be PS2/PC compatible (though lol if it's PC compatible why not just use your keyboard).  I could look into the possibility of doing other systems as well, though.

Madscientist:
I basically removed everything in the keyboard, and then mounted micro-switches underneath the keys I needed.

Soldering and wiring is pretty straight forward, you just need a lot of wire.

GenericSuperhero:
Soldering?  Micro-switches?  English please.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version