hentai
When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: Launching without config?  (Read 3636 times)

Offline JDavis

• Apprentice
  • Magic Circuits: 0
    • View Profile
Launching without config?
« on: July 08, 2008, 04:10:55 AM »
Hello, I was wondering if there's any easy way to launch MB:AC without the config menu popping up. I'm planning to build a MAME cabinet, you see, and I'd like to be able to launch MB:AC from the front end I'm using without having to deal with that window.

On a separate, but related note, what's the typical button layout on MB arcade machines, if anyone knows?

Offline noradseven

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 10
  • quick doctor what is the patients status?
    • View Profile
Re: Launching without config?
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2008, 01:26:09 PM »
no clue, but there is proably a way to hack the .exe and change it so it doesn't try to config and just lanches but im a *nix junkie not a windows junkie so Im not that confindent someone else here should be able to pull it off or maybe find another solution

I think the standard layout is.

A   B   C
D   U

U=being that do everything button, but im sure you could make it

A    B    C
D          U

and nobody would complain thats how I play on my stick at least?

Since I assume you are using a windows computer for the main compenent you should shove on other arcade games too, like GG#R,Akatasuki BK,Touhou 10.5, EFZ, whatever you have for more coolness, or maybe the older versions of the games if you don't have the newest.

Offline Danielsan

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 5
  • ころころ
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2008, 06:46:26 PM »
Since Caster bypasses that screen I'd suggest you to take a look into its source and/or talk to the Caster devs.

Offline JDavis

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2008, 03:58:39 AM »
noradseven: Thanks for the button layout. I'm planning to use the standard-ish seven button layout (Street Fighter type six button layout with a Neo-Geo style thumb button added on), so I may do something like...

U - -
  A B C
D

Or maybe U on the right side of the top. Or all of the top. Or nowhere. :P

And, yeah, I already plan to have as many PC games as I can find that will work with the set up and be thematically appropriate, including I believe everything you listed there as well as stuff like Cave Story, which isn't exactly suited for an arcade but will work with the controls and is too awesome to leave out.

real: I'm sending a PM to mauve as soon as I finish this post. I'll point him to this thread so that whatever solution he points me towards will be here for anyone else to find.

puKKa

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2008, 04:07:32 AM »
noradseven: Thanks for the button layout. I'm planning to use the standard-ish seven button layout (Street Fighter type six button layout with a Neo-Geo style thumb button added on), so I may do something like...

U - -
  A B C
D

Or maybe U on the right side of the top. Or all of the top. Or nowhere. :P

And, yeah, I already plan to have as many PC games as I can find that will work with the set up and be thematically appropriate, including I believe everything you listed there as well as stuff like Cave Story, which isn't exactly suited for an arcade but will work with the controls and is too awesome to leave out.

real: I'm sending a PM to mauve as soon as I finish this post. I'll point him to this thread so that whatever solution he points me towards will be here for anyone else to find.

That sounds horrible :P

Offline Twinniss

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2008, 06:19:14 AM »
Good lord, theres button configs on NFBA/MAME for each individual game as well as every other doujin game and your going with That layout.

seriously, just stick with the GGXX/MBAC/AH2 for MBAC, especially if your trying to emulate the arcade experience

@Noradseven that's not the standard layout, it is

A B C
D _ E

_ is blank, and E is quick action(4/6E = throw, 5E = Heat, 2E = dodge)

in other words, the layout your using is the standard layout

as for the caster thing, just build an exe that runs caster, press 4, and presses enter 3 times. Shouldn't be much of a problem with Auto Hot Key. After that just find a way for linux or whatever OS to start up the AHK file or w/e
« Last Edit: July 17, 2008, 06:35:34 AM by Twinniss »
Words of a wise man
[20:13] <@bellreisa> with practice mode you can turn 10% into 100%

http://www.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=232643&p=8761841&viewfull=1#post8761841 "For Instance, Cammy's strong kick(crouch) is two frames, because it takes almost 2 seconds to do"

Offline noradseven

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 10
  • quick doctor what is the patients status?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2008, 10:00:35 AM »
Good lord, theres button configs on NFBA/MAME for each individual game as well as every other doujin game and your going with That layout.

seriously, just stick with the GGXX/MBAC/AH2 for MBAC, especially if your trying to emulate the arcade experience

@Noradseven that's not the standard layout, it is

A B C
D _ E

_ is blank, and E is quick action(4/6E = throw, 5E = Heat, 2E = dodge)

in other words, the layout your using is the standard layout

as for the caster thing, just build an exe that runs caster, press 4, and presses enter 3 times. Shouldn't be much of a problem with Auto Hot Key. After that just find a way for linux or whatever OS to start up the AHK file or w/e

cool I thought someone told me it was the otherway I guess they were wrong, but I said it was stupid and stuck with the better way which apparently is the right way yay! , I didn't know it was E my config calls it like U or something else, but whatever.

Offline JDavis

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2008, 12:19:47 AM »
It sounded alright in my head, but it's not like I have the panel put together to try it on. >__>;

Anyway, mauve PMed me with a solution for bypassing the config, and it works perfectly.

If all you want to do is to kill the config menu, then here's what you should probably need to do.

Take a hex editor (any will do) to mbacPC.exe (you should probably back this up first), go to 0x4cad4(will be 0x68), replace all bytes up to and including 0x4cae3 with 0x90. (0x4cae4 is 0x85, don't overwrite that).

That should do it, let me know if it crashes or something.

Offline sketch21

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2009, 06:57:09 PM »
Since Caster bypasses that screen I'd suggest you to take a look into its source and/or talk to the Caster devs.

who are the caster devs