hentai
When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: MBAACC Randomly Crashes During Netplay (Used to work fine)  (Read 4127 times)

Offline Crevox

• Apprentice
  • Magic Circuits: 0
    • View Profile
MBAACC Randomly Crashes During Netplay (Used to work fine)
« on: November 29, 2012, 01:14:01 AM »
So, I played MBAACC in like June. It worked fine. I played with my friend over netplay, it was great. We had fun.

Today, we randomly decided to play again. Now, it randomly (and usually very quickly) will just crash on my end (the host), with "MBAACC has stopped working." No matter what I do, I cannot figure out what is causing this. We can be mid match, at char select, ANYTHING, and it will happen. We've gotten through matches successfully, but then the next match would do it, etc... it's just random. It does not crash in anything but netplay.

I was using rev 1.3, then switched to rev 1.4 to no avail. We are both using the same version, and also english patched the game (still to no avail). The game used to work fine, any reason this would be happening? Is it possible it's on my friend's end of things? I can't find any reason this would happen here.

Offline kurozero

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: MBAACC Randomly Crashes During Netplay (Used to work fine)
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2012, 02:26:29 AM »
Were you uploading/downloading anything ?

Offline Cristu

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 23
  • Melty Blood > $
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2012, 06:18:09 AM »
make sure both are using rev 1.4.0, look in the title of the window, that's suppose to be the main cause for this error
A little bit of console ain't too bad.

Offline Crevox

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2012, 11:06:06 AM »
I can confirm we're both using rev 1.4.

Not uploading or downloading, I rebooted my computer to see if that would help and it didn't.

Offline TheMaster_Rahl

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 41
  • NC Texas Tim
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2012, 11:15:05 AM »
You might try reinstalling, ie. putting a new copy of the executable on your drive and see if that fixes your problem.

Also, you might try using rev. 1.2. Nothing really changed as far as game play, aside from the removal of koha-mech infinites and Hime infinite flight. The Net Code may have changed a lot though since 1.2, I'm not sure.

Offline Crevox

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2012, 01:20:23 PM »
You might try reinstalling, ie. putting a new copy of the executable on your drive and see if that fixes your problem.

Also, you might try using rev. 1.2. Nothing really changed as far as game play, aside from the removal of koha-mech infinites and Hime infinite flight. The Net Code may have changed a lot though since 1.2, I'm not sure.

Didn't seem to help, still happens. It might just be a problem on my partner's side, I have no clue (he's not too good at the technical stuff, could have a program that is interfering or something)... but since I'm the one crashing, it makes me believe it's on my side (though I have no clue what it could be).

Offline TheMaster_Rahl

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 41
  • NC Texas Tim
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2012, 03:56:55 PM »
Well, if you replaced the entire MBAACC folder with a fresh install, then maybe you need to update drivers for your chipset, MB components, and/or video card. Or update windows. That is if you haven't done this in a while.

If you have updated stuff, maybe windows or a new driver is causing problems. You might try a system restore to back when it was working.

Maybe you are having some kind of memory issue. You might run mem test on each of your sticks of memory and see if you get errors on any, and if so, remove or replace them.

Offline Crevox

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2012, 04:30:57 PM »
Melty Blood (netplay) is the only thing with a problem (I play a lot of games), and those things (chipset, drivers) are up to date.

I dunno, I guess I'll mess with it some more and see if I can get it to work, but shrug.

Offline Crevox

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2012, 12:46:34 AM »
No dice. I can't figure this out at all. I just want to play netplay  :'(

EDIT: Well it just worked for like 10 matches and then crashed... I thought it was fixed, maybe it is? I have no idea.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 01:40:58 AM by Crevox »

Offline Cristu

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 23
  • Melty Blood > $
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2012, 03:25:46 AM »
Hmm, maybe it's a port issue... Try using hamachi and see if it fixes, if yes, then it's a port issue...
A little bit of console ain't too bad.

Offline Sashi

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 9
  • Scene Killer~
    • View Profile
MBAACC Randomly Crashes During Netplay (Used to work fine)
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2012, 04:56:01 AM »
I've had this happen before for a week or so. Suddenly fixed itself after a while. Who knows.
Clmelty: Rokumoe!

Offline Crevox

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2012, 10:42:50 AM »
Hmm, maybe it's a port issue... Try using hamachi and see if it fixes, if yes, then it's a port issue...

I'm running under a DMZ.

Offline Crevox

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2012, 02:18:17 AM »
I give up. Can't play this game I guess. We both reinstalled the game and followed the exact same steps, copied our installations, and it still crashes. GG melty blood.