When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: melty blood AA: Ps2 jp on ps3 region coded system  (Read 2440 times)

Offline chezzrok

• Apprentice
  • Magic Circuits: 0
    • View Profile
melty blood AA: Ps2 jp on ps3 region coded system
« on: February 25, 2011, 12:05:26 PM »
I have a north American system ps3 that I want to play my ps2 MBAA jp import game on
Also I have noticed tat there is significant slowdown on the ps2 ver. compared with the Cabinet I play on in Chinatown Fair,NYC
Also, the hit sound effects are more pronounced on the cabinet then the console version.
CAn anyone help .Thanks in advanced
I am, admittedly, a NOOOB, but am in love with the game!!!!
I love fighters but this is for me a dream come true and want to get involved in the MB:AA community!
I have  a passion for many 2d/3d fighters and nothing compares to Mb:AA, especially MVC 3(not my thang!)
« Last Edit: February 25, 2011, 03:46:28 PM by chezzrok »

Offline chezzrok

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: melty blood AA: Ps2 jp on ps3 region coded system
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2011, 04:17:18 AM »
Geez no one to help me out!? ???

Offline LivingShadow

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 55
  • Sanity is overrated
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2011, 04:52:11 AM »
I think most people who play Melty use the PS2.  If I had to guess it's due to the HD output of the PS3 which can't really be fixed, but then again I don't even own a PS3 so my input isn't reliable.

Offline chezzrok

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2011, 05:08:49 AM »
hey ty for the kind response. However, my question were/are how do I use a Nth.Amer. ps3 to play a ps2 jp game?

Why is the sound and slowdown significantly reduced on the ps2 ver compared to the cabinet that I play in NYC chinatown fair or any cabinet for that matter?

Offline Exciel

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 38
  • 工エエェェ(´д`)ェェエエ工工
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2011, 09:43:04 AM »
As far as I know you cannot play PS2 games of other region codes on your PS3, unlike PS3 games. Sucks but that seems to be the case.

Offline Rokunaya

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 16
  • Keepin' it alive
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2011, 10:47:28 PM »
hey ty for the kind response. However, my question were/are how do I use a Nth.Amer. ps3 to play a ps2 jp game?

Why is the sound and slowdown significantly reduced on the ps2 ver compared to the cabinet that I play in NYC chinatown fair or any cabinet for that matter?

There's not many slowdowns in the game at all, it's not like mahvel 3  or anything, just some slowdowns on some stages that happen once every like 4-5 minutes. As for the sound, that's probably just the cabinet either being loud or just plain godlike. Ps2 sounds are fine, unless you're emulating on a ps2 emulator, in which case the game will most likely run/sound like crap.

As for running ps2 jp games on a ps3 system, let alone an american model, I don't think that's possible at all, but I may be wrong; just that if it was possible I'm sure we would have tons more people playing via it, instead of it being unknown to most of us.
clmelty: great roku! lol / I like roku lol
clmelty: I want to make CL like roku team
clmelty: Roku is best popular player in the meltyworld